Why is Lost so highly regarded and this show isn't? It's objectively better in every way

Why is Lost so highly regarded and this show isn't? It's objectively better in every way.

Attached: 025041.jpg (630x933, 364K)

>muh melodrama

I just watched this and I spent the entire series repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 10 minutes it was so painful.

It sucks as just like the new blade runner. You suck ass OP.

This says a lot about you, not the show.

what does the new blade runner have to do with this show? are you stupid?

Once you go black...

>but but I don’t get it where did they go are we gonna know??

This show is absolute pleb filter

the show is about people dealing with the fact that they don't know and will probably never know

that's the point of the show and you clearly didn't watch it

so your hot opinion is invalid

International Assassin was the best 60 minutes of television ever aired.

Attached: international assassin.jpg (960x540, 49K)

The title of the show is absolute shit.
Seriously, I never would have watched it had it not been recommended to me.
I must have scrolled past it 100 times without giving it a second thought

Were on the same page friend. I’m sayin the majority of ppl whom I’ve talked to about the show didn’t like it bc of the disappearance. It’s a great show

No, it's about people dealing with their ennui and existential dread which only becomes apparent to them after a cataclysmic event.

The event itself is wholly irrelevant, it only serves to highlight issues which they had been ignoring in their normal lives.

A Blade of Grass was the best 60 minutes of television ever aired though, friend

Attached: penny-dreadful-304.jpg (3600x2400, 1.43M)

every show on HBO is worth giving a chance.

>The event itself is wholly irrelevant
Is this hyperbole or are you actually this retarded?

Damningly faint praise.

What I mean is that it's not a cause of any of the fundamental issues that the characters in the show have. It merely highlights pre-existing issues.

It's kind of like how if you have an apocalyptic event like a zombie outbreak then a psychopath is going to start killing people. But they where still a psychopath before. The apocalypse only serves to highlight it.
In the same way, a seemingly contented middle class family can be filled with ennui, depression and existential dread. So when something deeply disturbing and huge and confusing happens, it allows those repressed issues all to come to the fore of their lives. But it doesn't cause them.

The event isn't the root cause of any of the fundamental problems in the show.
Because the drama is exploring issues relevant to US, to people in our lives, not to some abstract situation.

I've seen a few that were horrendous though.
Carnivale comes to mind

For sure but they're always ambitious and the strike rate is rather good.

couldn't go through the first episode
painfully wannabe drama american shit, felt like i had seen it a hundred times before

Why did they make it only 2% or whatever? What a stupid number.

this.

Well, yeah. I get what you mean, but then, characters go out of their way BECAUSE the cataclysmic event occurs.
Nora is left alone, chances jobs, becomes suicidal, becomes more impulsive, attempts to travel to a different dimension.
Mass hysteria. A bunch of nutjobs form cults or employ forms of mass manipulation in direct relation to the event.
A whole town is changed. Etc.

Some of the shit that happens IS caused or is aggravated by the event. It's literally the catalyst and a catalyst can hardly be called "irrelevant".
Even though the intent of the series is to use that catalyst to highlight preexisting stuff, it also creates chaos, like WW1 soldiers who were perfectly normal but went to war, were shell shocked, suffered PTSD and changed their whole lives. Were there pre existing conditions? Maybe. But I wouldn't called artillery fire wholly irrelevant in that scenario.

S01E03 is better.

They do go out of their way. It definitely is what many plot points are about. But as an investigation of people, which it fundamentally is, The Leftovers is an exploration of the universal human condition, not issues specific to people in a fantasy story.
It is only background characters in The Leftovers who suffer from the event in an analogous way to wartime PTSD, which is definitely caused by war, and is generally not an issue in the persons life prior to war.

Nora's circumstances certainly change but she herself realizes that all of her issues are issues which existed prior to the event.

This is all more apparent in the book i guess and i've read that more recently than seen the show so maybe my memory is false. Have you seen Force Majeure? It's kind of like that.

S11E05 is better.

Because Lost came first and this was just the same pointless weird shit happening for no reason they did before.

brainlet who hasn't watched the show. The point is that even with such a small number the collective society was still fucked in the head. It was a apocalypse of the mind not the materiel.

user is right. The show is Reddit incarnate, but I still love it.

The Leftovers is the best television show in the past 15 years. The only thing that comes close is True Detective S1.

I agree with you, but Rectify is as good

fucking based opinions anons. couldn't agree more.

xD le reddit meme

tfw leftovers is such a perfect show theres really not too much to talk about

name a more kino moment
you cant

Attached: the.leftovers.s02.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Was Kevin actually a messiah? What was the whole deal with the flood?

You're right. Plus I don't believe everyone has access to HBO. At least it's rated well on the sites that people seem to value.

Uh, that's not the ninth EP of The Young Pope

Honestly fucking kino choices tho lads

Attached: Young-Pope-01.w700.h700.2x.jpg (1400x1400, 224K)

Matt episodes were the best episodes.

Theroux was really amazing as Kevin Garvey.

The well scene with Patti

i actually prefer E8

He wasn't and all the supernatural shit was meaningless, but the point is that it doesn't matter

the issue with the show is how it didn't keep the disappearances as the only supernatural event, and kept trying to force drama with additional supernatural events. Because lindelof can't write an organic character to save his life.

lindelof did more shit than just lost. he did the script of prometheus, were characters die because they cannot run on diagonal and take their helmets and gloves to touch and breathe into another planet.

that said, this show has an amazing pilot, a correct first season, a magnificent second season and a good third and final season.

but any quality derivate from it ill credit to guy who wrote the book and was part of the show as well.

lindelof is the guy whos doing watchmen now and its pretty clear he is even more retarded than ever. just read the description of the characters and the fake and gay little letter he post it on instagram about how diverse the new show is going to be - almost like the original material was cursed for not being able to predict americas demographic and cultural changes.

have sex

Theyre both highly regarded
If you like one you probably like the other

>Why is Lost so highly regarded and this show isn't?
It is highly regarded, just not by people who are paid to shill for Disney, aka "critics".

Absolute worst episode in the series. It was actually fucking reddit and embarassing. You could hear the screenwriters stroking their cocks watching it. Otherwise great show.

The popular shit will always be shit.

The common denominator has terrible taste and little intelligence. Thats why.

The Leftovers are "the leftovers" of lost

shit show trying to replicate the success of lost, by subverting the one common trope of lost, in that instead of answering questions (which were received negatively back in LOST days) just tell audience to fuck off and "let the mystery be"

lindelof is a hack that ruined multiple shows, alien franchise, and brad bird career. he's pure cancer