youtu.be/f9bhsReKbI8
youtu.be/QHe3fKHFcmQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It still amazes me that they made fucking Max Payne into a movie before Halo

a Halo movie made by peter jackson would be kino

Starring Samuel L Jackson as sergeant blackman

Was gonna say Al Matthews should do it but then I remembered he died
rip

Attached: 1537935082898.jpg (289x208, 15K)

And they missed out too, now they're scrambling to make a series but it'll be pure shit.

TWO SCARABS

Hi, I have your next multimillion dollar franchise right here

Attached: 38C5161F-D459-41B4-8C8C-598F70636BCC.jpg (220x362, 29K)

I remember that one cut scene I had to watch over and over again because I kept dying.
It was ju some bitch yelling "banshees! Fast and low!"
Anyway halo 3 was the last good halo and would make a great mini series

I miss peak halo so much bros

>Fall of Reach
>Halo CE
>First Strike
>Halo 2
>Halo 3

Imagine that film series, could be insane

I really miss the days when information on the Internet wasn't consolidated, and people who never read Reach had to go through multiple sites and sources to actually figure out what happened in it. People who read these tie-in novels and expansion stories were like sages by the campfire in those dawn years of the Internet.

Peter Jackson is too worn out these days.

Meet your master chief

Attached: pablo schreiber.jpg (780x515, 35K)

Instead none will be made, because Halo has no more pop culture appeal, zoomers couldn't care less about it, and the mainstream is only concerned with MCU

Even better when some of them threw in some bullshit that sounded cool so you were always just a bit unsure what was real and what wasn’t

This

Halo movie would have been huge if it released in the 2006-2009 period, but it;s dead now

Jackson tried, Microsoft didn't like the script he and Blomkamp ended up with. Apparently the Covies didn't show up until the mid-way point and it was all human drama and world building until then.

Sounds fucking perfect but I guess even the movie 1 needs to be as big as an Avengers movie now.

Infinite is the last chance.

anime community was this x1000 as a lot of the stuff was inaccessible to western audiences

Like for many years everyone on my eva board thought the head of SEELE was the canonical wandering jew, which is a BS baseless fan theory that still has 0 evidence today and one of the writers of the manga has explicitly said isn't the case

I remember borrowing Reach from my brother, it was the same with the Extended Universe from Star Wars too

Nobody cares about Infinite besides some leftover millennials, and the story is absolute crap

Fall of Reach could have done it.

>”You can call me Chief”

Attached: 8996BC4B-F845-414E-9AFB-B9F0EC585F67.jpg (1000x562, 432K)

We don’t know either of those things to be true.

That commercial with the action figures was so fucking kino. One of the best ads ever

I think just adapting the first game would've worked fine. Wouldn't have even been that expensive considering you can film most of it on location with the Halo ring composited in the background.

Halo 2 or Reach would've been a more difficult production.

>mfw it suddenly dawns on you that much of history's foundation myths, legends and possibly even religions were people shitposting around campfires

Attached: 1377704271144.jpg (700x359, 19K)

Did she wrap her hair in fruit roll ups?

halo 2 as a film would be pure kino

Attached: halo-2_trial.jpg (1024x435, 65K)

fingers crossed, i'd love to see master chief portrayed properly as a quip machine tranny person of color

The Fall of Reach (not to be confused with Halo Reach) is the most obvious (by far) filmic conversion.

There is one good role for her actually

Attached: 1552479897345.jpg (1080x1267, 103K)

Adapting Halo is probably a lot more complicated since it's a much bigger franchise and still on going (at least as far profits are concerned).

If done correctly.
Or they could butcher it and make a Halo movie impossible for years to come.

>If done correctly.
goes without saying

>mfw the Japs gave us Halo Kino before Hollywood

Attached: C97AA725-64B8-4353-A1A8-DA7266C98259.jpg (350x197, 8K)

imagine the music

peter jackson was attached to it and it would have been perfect.
Say what you want about the halo trilogy but it's the most all around solid trilogy in gaming like how lotr is one of the greatest film trilogies

Attached: 9ze1450305221.png (1954x882, 3.82M)

>mid 2000s
>the "dawn years of the internet"
Hello zoomer

>make an advertising campaign so Kino even HALO FUCKING 3 can’t compete

Attached: D994AACC-BCB3-443E-9E33-0073CFF86552.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>never thought i'd die side by side with a spartan
>how about a heretic
>*wort
>that i can do

>medicine by 2550 can't fix this guys face

He didn’t want plastic shit

I expect them to be able to re-grow your face from a collection of ballsack cells by 2050 let alone 2500

>he thinks medicine is what fixes disfigurements

*DUH DUN*

I used to think I wanted it but after all these years I'm glad it never came to be. It would've likely been a disaster.

medicine as a field includes surgery boyo

Late enough that everyone was "using" the internet, but early enough that social media didn't suck out all of the mystery surrounding it. You can't deny there was a magic to Forums they simply don't have now.
And I was 15 in 2005, you roody poo.

zozzle

That one had some pretty heavy themes in it regarding the covenant and faith. I really liked it.

Shame Truth made no sense. He literally knows it's all a lie and just uses it as a measure to control the people, and says as much in some of the books. Yet he still wants to suicide the galaxy in H3

halo is so cinematic already I think it would be stupid unless you had a really great idea for one

Yeah. It's one of those plot holes once you realize it, everything kind of falls apart. But I don't think the average fan would pick up on that.

>Yet he still wants to suicide the galaxy in H3
Because the lie was too big for him to effectively control, especially once the Covenant started to find Sacred Rings. How was he supposed to call off the Great Journey once they found Oracles and, by heck, the Index?

he ended up believing his own bullshit

I always took it like this.

halo 2's themes on blind loyalty and the price and consequences of making your ideals, creed, community your entire identity, social branding, self discovery and discovery of truth through either logic and observation vs self interested motivation, and pain through being lied to, and overcoming a difference of ideals to face the truths of our realities with the ones you would once call your enemy is too redpilled for today's audiences

It would be a big endeavor though. You'd have to do lots of world building.

He could have come up with an excuse, it's better than dying

This makes no sense. He spent decades elaborately lying. You just don't suddenly believe it.

What excuse? He's the Prophet of an empire forged out of dozens of races and hundreds of worlds - if he started hawking bullshit, somebody would notice. That's like saying the Pope can say something theologically dubious and get away with it.

megalomaniac and an egomaniac

>Hey I just read these ancient runes and they tell me that this actually isn't the portal to the Great Journey, it's a trap made by Demons

Covy believed all the other retarded shit he said

Attached: 8216Pepe_the_Frog8217_Creator_Voting-a82ee9b454b5a049935eadcf19536b8c.jpg (618x412, 23K)

Jackson approached Microsoft and wanted to produce Halo, and have his friend Neill Blomkamp direct. At the time Blomkamp had not directed anything but short films. So based on the budget and the amount they asked (supposedly a 200 million budget) they said no.
However they did let Jackson and Blomkamp direct an extended commercial (originally split into 3 parts) for Halo 3 on a nothing budget.

The result shows if they had the budget it would have been kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=SyOAdrxlPVs

Afterwards Blokamp directed his first film Him and Jackson proceeded to shit Gold on a shoestring budget with District 9.

THEN another director did the Commercial for HALO:ODST (about regular special forces dudes in the war, not about super soldiers like master chief).
It was ALSO kino
youtube.com/watch?v=XRMUYpH7bQk

Halo could have been Kino, but it is too late now. No matter how pretty it will be, it missed the boat just like the Warcraft movie.

Attached: halo-3-teaser-i3556.jpg (480x717, 58K)

Here is where i’d talk about religion if I was an edgelord

Homecoming in Halo Legends was hilariously awful.

>says as much in some of the books
The problem is that you're trying to reconcile the extended universe with the main trilogy, when they might as well be two entirely separate entities. There's nothing in the games to indicate that Truth doesn't believe what he's preaching. It's pretty obvious that Bungie never took any of the extended universe into consideration when making the games, so there are going to be contradictions between the two. Really, that's how every extended universe works.

If they did do it, it absolutely should just be based on combat evolved and see how it's received by audiences.

This is insane and retarded. Imagine avoiding the trouble of CGI alien shit for an entire film to establish the character and motivations of the universe before bringing in the Covenant.

Just guys with guns, and the supersoldier Spartan IIs. You could probably do it entirely practical.

Attached: 1530178935598.png (599x957, 912K)

Based comfy Halo thread

Attached: IMG_2618.jpg (1200x800, 96K)

Would actually watch

Any movie based on the Trilogy would be complicated to tell storywise.
I think they should start with the fall or Reach. That would be good movie material and setup for the rest of the series.

Having your protagonist covered with a faceless helmet is a massive obstacle. How can audiences connect with a character like that?

The focus could be on another character and Chief, ie Cortana, or just some random marine

I spent decades believing my lies to myself that every one else was the problem. Then one day I realized it was just me and I believe that to this day.

Chief has enough dialogue to do it. Some audiences could see eye to eye with Doomguy in Doom 4 just fine.

V for Vendetta and Dredd both did it well enough to make mad money. You just need a charismatic secondary lead, and a good voice for the main guy.

The banter between Chief and Cortland or Arby works enough. His stoic responses clash in a good way to their demeanor.

>tfw you will never make shorts like Blur can

Attached: Arcann_and_Thexan_-_Conquest.jpg (1354x716, 138K)

If you did Fall of Reach half the movie could be John in his Spartan training days. Need to get a good kid and teen actor though. Additionally they could copy Iron Man and have the face in the helmet holographic display crap.

Cortana*. Yeah I'm posting on a phone, about to fall asleep. Say "goodnight phone poster" and good Halo movies will come to you.

Why? The only one that was cringe was odd one out.

Everything they’d have to do is already written

Attached: 3C24E54E-E999-4103-950D-75BD79789F9D.jpg (246x400, 50K)

When is it okay for a 9 year old to be paraded around like that... the parents of that kid need a big fucking slap.

>mfw Reach had to step over Fall of Reach
Reach's story sucked and was filled with boring characters. Instead of the self-insert Noble 6, it should have been John in Fall of Reach: The Game.

Attached: sad_boys.jpg (1920x796, 433K)

Yep.

That picture

>Homecoming
>Not cringe
It's basically someone's super special spartan 2 oc who is more intelligent than the chief because she wasn't brainwashed. They try to get you emotional over a generic anime girl in a set of power armour. It's shit.
Odd one out didn't take itself seriously at least.

Ah, got it, muh anime sux, discarded.

chief is enough of a character to find interesting, like arnie in terminator, arby and cortana and johnson will do the heavy lifting during dialogue

Even as a kid, I thought it was retarded that they introduced so many new things in a game that takes place right before Halo 1. I presumed that every DMR, Grenade Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Plasma Repeater, Skirmisher & every other newly introduced Reach thing was blown up when Reach was glassed.

i hate reach

>parents
its a gay dad and his boyfriend(s)
they also go to gay bars/clubs together
and no one does a thing to stop them
in fear of being a 'bigot'
welcome to clown world c.2019

Attached: 1560498601336.jpg (714x1098, 97K)

Your reaction when they released this?

>youtu.be/9NUMiHDbqAU

The other anime stuff in Legends is fine. Homecoming is just shit.
Faggot.

>That's like saying the Pope can say something theologically dubious and get away with it.
this could never happen

>medic having to break out a saw for the spiker
Honestly pretty fucking cool

imdb.com/title/tt4856322/

Attached: disappoohnted.png (320x287, 104K)

Attached: 1559635797609.jpg (400x388, 27K)

Headcanoned my autistic Kelly X John ship even harder

Please, I can't handle so much nostalgia. The good days, real or imagined, aren't coming back. Innocence forever lost.

For me, its the Battle Rifle

Attached: BRH3.png (1200x343, 220K)

Halo 2 player here. I approve.

*buttoncombos*
Heh, nothin personell, kiddo...

God I was just in college and youtube was in that phase where it was popular but not monolithic and still mostly just niche stuff. Saw this on TV and it took days to get on youtube. Flipped out

youtube.com/watch?v=uXcWxw7UHME

Attached: acceptance.gif (500x324, 2.63M)

*saves your franchise*

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 148K)

>Halo 4/5
Not based.

youtubemultiplier.com/5cfea96453127-12345678901234567890.php

Attached: finishing this fight, with no survivors.png (1199x675, 775K)

But user, the Master Chief Collection is coming to steam. Every mainline Halo game right there on steam. Should give this franchise the kick in the ass it's needed since Bungie left

Was it as good as I remember or is it simply nostalgia getting me?

>Dredd
>mad money
Weird way of spelling "no money."

It’s genuinely a solid 8 or higher science fiction story. Not the best prose but as a STORY it’s really fucking good. Worth a revisit.

Better than Reach

Goodnight phoneposter

I'm still mad Forward Onto Dawn is the closest we will ever get to a proper Halo film. It's ok, but you can tell it was made on a budget. Nightfall was just shilling for Halo 5.

The only good story is Halo CE, Fall of Reach and the the other book where they steal a big covvie ship,
and ODST

The other games did not do the excellent world building justice imo.

You're forgetting evolution which has stories like head hunter.

Goodnight phoneposter

new wallpaper, thanks m8

>gaylo

>ps3fag

Attached: bush.jpg (400x297, 54K)

He's too busy growing fake meat with James Cameron

What was the book that ended with that fella nuking himself inside some ancient alien structure? Something to do with dyson spheres. Been at least a decade since I read that book, but I recall it being the best one.

Attached: 1503386938033.png (722x768, 304K)

Reminder that, canonically, 9/11 never took place in the Halo Universe. Bungiee at least was autistic about this. The game was in development pre-9/11 and the initial version for Fall of Reach even had a mention of the World Trade Center (never got released tho).

Ghosts of Onyx

That's the one, thanks. Is it as good as I remember or is that just nostalgia?

They poorly explained that away by saying it was prototypes. Which opens even larger plotholes because those niggers made the PoA be physically on Reach being retrofitted and prepared for the most important mission in the war and didn't get a single one of those prototype weapons. On top of that none of the S2s on the planet were able to be flown to the PoA.

best book will always be Fall of Reach

The main problem here is the Spartan's are only on Reach for an hour or so in-game, the Covenant immediately start to glass the planet after winning in space.

There's a lore explanation for the Skirmisher's at least that they took such heavy losses on Reach that the Covenant retired them and they became deployed for rear-duties

It's really good it and Fall of Reach are my favorites.

Which origin story of Flood is best?

Pre-343 (extra galactic parasite of unknown origin that arrived in the Milky Way as a single spore and spread from there)

Post-343 (mutated dust formed from the remains of the Precursor race that got genocided by the Forerunners)

Homecoming had the fucking odst with anime here and the fucking spartan with long flowing hair. It was gay as fuck

I like the Bear novels although its clear after the first one that 343 told him to make the didact turn evil even though he was clearly being led to liking humans. Precursor punishment for the forerunners being nigger is my favorite personally.

Jackson proved to be a one trick and a half pony a long time ago, you really don't want that.

...god fucking damn

Attached: 1528467239641.jpg (401x253, 49K)

>watching the halo 2 developer commentary
>they slip and call arbiter "Daesh"
heh..

It would be easy. Set up a series with the start of the Spartan-II program, John and the gangs childhood as soldiers etc, and set up the climax to do with the insurrections in the colonies or something, which is what the spartans were originally intended for. Easy path to include lots of complex themes and kino drama. Then you can introduce the covenant in later film (s) and turn them into legendary heroes

>There was never a fucking Halo movie, even when it was the biggest fucking video game franchise out there.

Attached: 1560139206919.jpg (385x399, 93K)

This thread just made me fucking pissed that there was never a movie or show based on this shit I grew up with.
youtube.com/watch?v=xT0Pte5nXAU

Its mindboggling how incompetent the handling of the halo franchise has been since 2010

The fact we have two (2) fucking Doom movies, games not known for intricate plots or world building, and not a single big budget Halo movie which has an entire universe to explore is really sad.

>Marty O'Donnell isn't coming back for Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=S68GmenFk2g

Attached: xEw8Wwg.png (300x220, 48K)

>there will NEVER be a good semi-apocalyptic ODST film with cozy atmosphere and amazing pacing

youtube.com/watch?v=yWh9l8RSkPk

>there will never be an endgame esque finale to a halo series of films, complete with Warthog Run booming over the top

youtube.com/watch?v=q_pAa9252Uo

This truly is the worst timeline. What the fuck happened in the late 2000s that ruined society?

Attached: 1538049476079.jpg (500x375, 44K)

My guess is that video game movies are still cursed to fail in one way or another. Be glad we at least live in the universe with no halo films and not one where they kill off the idea of video game films.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pnw-Sfvh-zo
H3's commercials were on a different level

>>there will never be an endgame esque finale to a halo series of films, complete with Warthog Run booming over the top
Fuck this gay world.

>What the fuck happened in the late 2000s that ruined society?
obongo happened. You can track this through all forms of media and most everything else in society. 2008 was about the last time anything truly good happened, bar a couple of exceptions and everything went to shit after that point.

Instead we have a trillion faggoty comic book movies. god i fucking hate capeshit so much

Seriously, how the fuck was this never made into a movie or a Band of Brothers like miniseries at least.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pn4DHNLqPQE

If HBO made an ODST miniseries it be Chernobyl tier levels with good writers and producers.

seems like that's from a different world to today

Why the fuck did they fuck up fall of reach with the animated movie?

LHC knocked our universe into the path of another

>12 years since I saw this commercial
I remember bombing a test hard because all that was on my mind was coming home to play that damn game. Stupid boy. Incredible times though.

I always read this in her voice

goodnight phone poster

Goodnight, phone poster.

Attached: halo_movie___pelican_model_by_capestranus-d3bcltj.jpg (873x1023, 362K)

fuckoff phoneposter

Attached: how_4chan(nel)_was_ruined_by_phoneposting.png (2012x836, 841K)

I really want this but not sure the Covenant would be compelling enough TV/Film enemies to warrant it.

Fucking TOP game enemies ofc.

SOON BROS
youtube.com/watch?v=88VBun17AMI

Attached: mastercheif feel.jpg (425x518, 67K)

Yea Forums died before the earliest date on this chart.

Elites are a good antagonist archetype in any medium though.

>Halo with KB+M
Eh... maybe if the mod support is good

The Covenant as described in the novels would work great. The games honestly don’t do them justice. Legendary feels like a cakewalk compared to what they do in the novels.

more like
>Halo with stable 60fps and native resolution
I'll be using a controller for sure

>tfw reading the descriptions of needlers
In the game everyone shrugs that shit off but god damn they do not fuck around in the books.

Attached: AAAAA.jpg (500x508, 26K)

can literally just plug a controller in if you really want to

Trying to replace Chief with that black guy was particularly egregious.

Also making Cortana a villain when I legit liked her death in H4, should have left her alone

Covenant are great enemies. They have better tech, mindless religious fanaticism, diversity and internal politics due to all the different species and how they interact, bushio, etc.. Tons of stuff to work with.

What should Halo Infinite do with Cortana?
strawpoll.me/18187185

You do realize you just need few corridors with steaming pipes for a Doom movie? The budget for a Halo movie would be huge. Those games are very ambitious.

I think H5 should've been about the Chief having to deal with being alone and learning to become human again. It was a mistake to bring Cortana back.

The first makes more sense but I prefer the whole “you thought it was over” of having the precursors just come back, bend the forerunners over the kitchen table and rape them till they bleed halo rings.

You'd get a Splinter Cell Conviction all over again.

What even is chief without his relation to cortana? Fix her or replace her.

>343 grow a pair and give cortana no redemption in infinite
>game is about chief having to find a way to stop her without killing her
>there isn’t one, and the final battle is chief and the resistance against cortana and her bots racing towards some device that can kill all the ai
>climax is chief and his spartan lad team about to activate it
>just before he hits the button, cortana says “chief, wait. You don’t want to”
>chief visibly hesitates, clearly not wanting to
>cue flashbacks from CE all the way to 4 of cortana and chief moments
>he pulls his hand back, only to look over and see Alice get fucking speared through the torso by some forerunner light sword or something
>chief snaps out of it and fucking slams his hand on the button
>last shot is of chief throwing both his and Alice’s cradling her dying body whilst cortana death screech can be heard
>game ends on a Pyrrhic victory against the AI with chief losing not one but two of the the people he loved

Post 343 for sure because there's already tyranids/zergs for the first.

Pre of course

I JUST WANNA SEE AMAZING FORERUNNER ARCHITECTURE ON THE BIG SCREEN

Attached: 1468607494-2074384042.jpg (1000x562, 270K)

I can't accept the sci-fi epic is dead for western movies, I just can't.

CE had the best Marine design, with exception for ODSTs

Attached: 1544826274557.jpg (1080x1920, 207K)

that's not true. Halo doesn't need to be hot off the presses to get big hype an success as a movie so long as they actually make a good scifi action movie and market it well

scifi action blockbusters can be successful on their own terms anyway.

>anything that isn’t formula capeshit
Sorry bud, but it’s not happening

>plot hole
Wasn't the Ark outside the firing range of the Halos?

The Aliens/Starship Troopers influence was a lot bigger back then.

BUT I WANT TO SEE REGULAR ASS GRUNTS ENGAGING IN A LARGE GROUND BATTLE WHILE SHIPS OVERHEAD BOMBARD THEM AND EACH OTHER.

FUCK THIS REALITY

Attached: Dude.gif (488x519, 415K)

CEA was such a disappointment. If they made more new assets like H2A it would have been better. Instead they cut lots of corners by dumping in all that shit from Reach. By itself Reach's style is amazing but you mix it up like they did and it's garbage.

Don't worry guys if I ever make it big I'm making a Halo trilogy, straight up adapting the games. First will be an action-adventure in a foreign world, think Indiana Jones in space (with a horror twist when the flood shows up). Second will be pretty much a 1:1 adaptation, Arbiter's story is too good to be changed and the action sequences can be condensed. 3 would be the epic large-scale finale.

Was with you until
>Reach’s artstyle is amazing

You could argue it’s one of the worst, at least neck and neck with 343shit.
>muh brown and bloom
>muh realism
>muh grain filter
>muh dirt and scratches

But you’d be missing the most kino of all:

That's for the inevitable HBO spinoff

>tfw no full planetary scale game where you engage in massive ground assault whilst huge orbital battles rage overhead with fully modelled naval vessels and the whole thing is affect-able.
Freeze me until our computers get better.

Sounds boring desu

Yeah those are all true. Sorry for party rocking but it was very well done since they embraced it. They got creative with camera angles for cutscenes it was kino. Then morons like you cried about it so we got a few games full of hexagons and power rangers.

>what is Halo: Reach
sure the whole fucking planet is rendered at once but what would be the point of that

You can tell Neil Blomkamp still wants to do live action Halo

Elysium had a lot of visuals/tech that were very Halo-like. The bounty hunter guy straight up uses a Jackal energy shield at one point.

Trading shit for shit doesn’t make the original shit good.

>a game that combines hearts of iron gameplay for planets with something like sins of a solar empire for space
>this all spans a galaxy
it'd take forever to finish 1 playthrough with so much to manage, but i'd buy it in a heartbeat, also for the inevitable Clone Wars mod

>what is reach
A scripted linear game where you have no effect over the outcome of the planet siege.

>battlefront 2 galactic conquest but it’s real time and the space battles are whole fleet scale
Kino

Attached: 1438801865365.png (745x75, 2K)

Halo would work much better as a miniseries with standalone episodes focusing on different characters.

Why?

a good video game movie has never been done you dont want a halo movie.

>Sony has announced a new TV series titled Halsey, and will be based on the female scientist before her involvement in the Spartan-II program and her secret affair with Lieutenant Keyes. The villain will be a female scientist leading a splinter group of insurrectionists with an experimental ONI AI at their disposal.

I would like that desu. but I get along with black women.

>Neil Blomkamp
I don't think he would do a good job though. He is a great visual director but as a writer he is a one-trick pony.

No.

>tfw no mockumentary series documenting the largest/most decisive naval battles of the human-covenant war

Well just have somebody else write it then

The scope is too big to do well

I want to turn back time...

Attached: humf.jpg (778x512, 34K)

MS should just hire blur and let them go wild

youtube.com/watch?v=WCPJgyofFeo

Attached: avery-johnson-542x542-21cc7a9bc3454275ba195e023b287ba9.jpg (542x542, 57K)

It was outside of the Galaxy, but where is the plot hole?

Blur's cutscenes fucking suck and they ruined the character designs of LITERALLY every goddamn character.

>Johnson looks like he has downs
>that one chick that exists just to die in Halo 3 looks like she's fucking 60
>Chiefs armor is too fucking green
>everything about the Elites

Fuck Blur and fuck their shit-ass cutscenes

How did you guys react to the Halo Infinite trailer? First soul i’ve seen from Halo in a long time.

youtube.com/watch?v=MBb88gLmJZY

Attached: BC3DBBE6-E4E5-45D0-90B4-B970217FAE1A.jpg (1536x1152, 414K)

A netflix original series

>Using a controller against mouse and keyboard.

Be my guest.

Nah, they adapted it in some shitty animation movie with horrible 343's designs and it sucked.

The most "cinematic" are CE, Reach and ODST.

CE would be the most obvious choice, ODST would be great to introduce the universe without mentionning the Halos, the Flood etc.. And save it for a sequel. Reach would be a really good starter point too (no hate, just my point of view) but it's probably too early to add a squad of Spartans, would be less impressive than just Masterchief and then a squad of Spartans.

Attached: 1544410053266.jpg (355x417, 40K)

that manga is based and redpilled bro.

It blew my mind that some people are actually liking Elites designs in this game.

2 > Reach > 3 > 4 > This shit.

>they adapted it poorly
>so it can’t be adapted
Nope.

you grew up, that's it.

Truth in 2 feels like a completely different character than Truth in 3. The former was clearly implied to have some kind of plan for not killing himself with the Halo installations firing. The latter just wanted to activate the rights outright and had no reason to leave Mercy to die.

You forgot to put CE above everything else.

The economy tanked and the jews in charge went full shillomode

cautious optimism
I'm waiting to see gameplay

Blur is probably the best realistic outcome. If Netflix or Disney got it they'll freaking change EVERYTHING.

I'm going to keep pretending that reach was the final Halo release.

Ahh yes, back when Microsoft actually put some effort into their games and marketing.

I remember going to see The Departed and the Gears of War trailer played, literally blew my mind. Me and my buddies immediately went back to college afterwards and looked up what Gears was on IGN and got hyped as fuck.

Attached: 1530987113587.png (822x802, 680K)

Somebody told me that if you just get in the falcon as a passenger the pilot will literally take you to each one. The amount of time I spent flying to one, and then trying to get back in it without it falling off the scarab, jesus. Felt more badass though.

>Excited that The Division is getting a tv series
>Produce by Netflix

Why Netflix?! Why!

youtube.com/watch?v=1rk2a_z_gn4

Nothing will ever beat this.

Attached: 1559654783406.gif (319x480, 219K)

Why would you pretend that the game that killed Halo was the last Halo game?

I liked it as far as the campaign goes. I'll give you that the multiplayer went in the wrong direction. 2 and 3 are still the best by far.

I didn't say that. It's already done so we have a glimpse of how shitty it can be without a proper direction.

I think the "perfect" combo would be an ODST movie set during the Fall of Reach, with the Spartans (hopefully Blue team) appearing in the last 20 minutes with proper building

But the kid spartan stuff is the best part

I remember back in 2007 when I first got my 360 and Halo 3. Man I was so hyped for this game I finished it in like 2 days and spent countless hours playing online

Now after Halo 4, I was so disappointed and Halo 5 looked so shitty I got a ps4 instead of an Xbox. As for Gears Of War, it could be another IP I wouldn't care less, didn't even bothered to watch the trailers

Attached: 1560220784938.png (980x1040, 972K)

What is good in a game, a comic or a book wouldn't probably be the same in a movie.

Also, MC murdering ODST in cold blood when he was barely a teenager doesn't really help viewers to root for him.

The ODST was clearly in the wrong though

>mid
nigga it was literally the year 2001

I agree, but he's supposed to be the savior of Humanity.

To develop the MC you have far more interesting stuff like when he has the moral dilemna of turning Johnson in to find a cure for the flood or destroy the data because he don't want to loose a good soldier, that kind of stuff

It didn't matter though because there's no cure for the flood.

This. Halo Reach was gay as shit and fucked with the story.

Halo Wars could work as a movie. Shame that Halo Wars 2 was trash.

>As for Gears Of War, it could be another IP I wouldn't care less, didn't even bothered to watch the trailers
It suffered the same fate as Halo after GoW3, given to a shit developer who has no idea what made the original games so good, I couldn't even play 2 hours of Gears 4 it was so bad, and let's not talk about Judgement.

It is truly suffering being a fan of any Microsoft IP in 2019.

Keep in mind the vast majority of humanity never knew he existed. ONI isn't exactly out to win hearts and minds either.

Ender Wiggin killed a kid who had it coming and still managed to be a sympathetic savior of humanity

I kinda liked Judgment, at least it had based Cole Train

At the time he didn't knew, and Johnson was "immune" thanks to his Spartan-I modifications

It reminds me that in Halo Nightfall we have now some retarded shit like a Spartan-II becoming a normal Human again

Wait. I thought this wasn't Yea Forums

Yea Forums has been Yea Forums since at least 2016

we sometimes have good halo threads here
it's just one of those things

Is that one of the new novels? Aren't nearly all of them bad?

That immunity was just them not knowing how to explain Johnson surviving CE. In the book Chief was almost infected, saved by Cortana.

Nightfall was the mini-series tie-in with Halo 5.
And yes, it sucked

>halo miniseries
>just some random who's running around rocks with some black goo as the enemy
BRAVO

The quality of any given Halo story is directly related to its proximity to the Human/Covenant war

The rewrite of the the flood origins was one of the best things 343 did for the series. I thought the "truth" they use to convert AI to there side was super spooky. It's even better that they never tell you what it is. This undeniable truth that converts even the best AI can't refute. It beggars the imagination.

Halo 5s regular multiplayer is really good. The gunplay is tight and accurate and the soundeffect for getting a headshot is super satisfying. That paired with the custom forge game browser is great. Shame everything is such a huge letdown.

Halo 3 was pretty great, but Microsoft kinda overshadowed the game itself by hiring Joseph Kosinski (who already won awards for his "Mad World" Gears of War trailer, later directing Tron Legacy, Oblivion, and Top Gun 2) to direct the first trailer.
Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Elysium, Chappie) directed the next series of trailers.
Finally they had the "Believe" campaign from your picture, which featured a 110 square meter diorama built by Stan Winston Studios, still to this day is what I think they should frame the Halo movie/series around.

i refuse to read a single post in this thread and I know it's all gonna be a massive argument about 343i

reminder that Infinite is going to be the gaming world's TFA

YOU KNOW OUR MOTTO

If you look at the making of videos it seems like 343i is learning from there mistakes. With a brand new engine and a new direction I think it's in decent hands. With TFA Disney just used the IP to cashgrab, but I think 343 genuinely wants to make a good halo game.

>John in Fall of Reach: The Game.

John was on ice during the Fall of Reach, Dr Halsey just had him around to protect Cortana as she was the one who decoded the Forerunner ruins.
The entire point of Reach was to get Cortana to John, and fuck off to find the first Halo ring.

Mendicant Bias being turned was the coolest shit. Offensive Bias pushing Mendicant's shit in after the rings fired was pure kino.

The vidocs for Halo 4 had me hyped too man. I still think trying to flesh out the Chief and all the other ideas present in 4 were objectively great, but the execution was just melodramatic as fuck

I recall finishing that book in middle school and I had to run to the bathroom so everyone didn't see me crying

Attached: 1432723905615.jpg (472x357, 13K)

Halo would make a boring war movie.

She was so cute

This was retardedly melodramatic and you guys will fall for literal any girl with anime eyes

I like how this fucking thread is still up but the past thread about the Patterson Gimlin FILM got deleted

Prototype Suit was cool though

Halo is not a story about Master Chief, but the characters around him. It is a story about Cortana, Captain Keyes, the Arbiter, the Covenant, the Prophets, 343, and Gravemind. The Chief is just a vessel for the audience. And this has been done in films before.

Yeah I'll give it that. I just hate the concept of trained soldiers whining that their CO doesn't have emotions, like fucking hell Japs are bad at understanding actual military types

It works a lot better for a one-off than a trilogy, like if you did a film about ODST

I do kinda wish Bungie had at least TRIED to branch off with the format, it got fucking ridiculous with the nothing protaganist in Destiny

Oh yeah, Ghost's whole thing was very melodramatic
>feelings pass through you just like a ghost hurr
>you need to feel emotions
>our commander let his whole squad die on the last mission man he just doesn't care

but I still felt a little sting of emotion when the voice command popped up

Always thought the post 343 version was gay because it's more or less a rip off of mass effect and the laziest origin for the the flood possible

Yeah I preferred the Flood as just a species that is insanely adaptive and propagative. The ultimate invasive species.

If the "meaning of life" is just for life to spread, they're #1 in the game
that's really all they need to be

The Forerunner novels are basically the Foundation on crack and I loved them for it but they should NOT be Halo

I liked the primitive nature of the flood. No fancy tech, no space craft no Galaxy super weapons just a really brutal nature. Making them into "the reapers 2.0 this time with more flesh" just seems lame

Never read them

They're really fucking out there

Huh I could never really get into the novels in Halo the game always felt like the proper universe to me all the books seem to crank shit up to 11 and it feels off

well, the Forerunner books are like the Silmarillion to the regular novels Lord of the Rings

it's ancient lore that's almost completely divorced from the universe as you know it, and all of the forerunner lore shit is batshit crazy. But it's enjoyable for what it is.

I feel the same about Brutes post Halo 2.

>crows nest and tsavo highway on legendary solo
fuck brutes

Yea I never found the brutes very compelling but it kinda made sense that they'd at least have some tech that they stole from the elites and they get BTFO almost immediately after the elites turn on them so I didn't think it was that bad

drones on legendary in crows nest was a nightmare but nothing comes close to jackal snipers in halo 2 legendary

Why was Truth hell-bent on firing the halo rings despite knowing that the sacred journey wasn't real? Was he suicidal?

>watch Halo 3 making of video
>everybody working on it knew the Brutes could never really live up to the classic Elite in terms of gameplay
they just got it so perfect with the Elite/Jackal/Grunt trifecta that replacing them is straight up impossible

>making of for Halo 4
>same thing again but with Prometheans
>team talking about how they're trying to make them fun to fight against by giving them gimmicks like teleportation etc.
>you can tell they all know it's just not as good as the classic Elite
can't beat the elite
nope, can't beat it
not the elite

This will never just be copy pasted scene for scene word for word into a Halo movie
youtu.be/f9bhsReKbI8

Attached: 1558136875110.jpg (706x990, 96K)

Well if you found out that the religion you'd based your entire life and society on was a lie, you might want to kill yourself too

He wanted to "become a god" by killing off the entire galaxy.

I mean the brutes worked I didn't hate them but they weren't awful
Promethians on the other hand were utter dog shit

IIRC he was still delusional enough to believe he would become a god

but the prophets had ALWAYS known it was a lie
that's why they refused to let humans join the covenant, because they knew they were the real reclaimers

the prophets were fully aware it was a scam from the beginning

117 is the best piece of music in the franchise.

same people that like Harry Potter like Halo

Yeah the Brutes weren't terrible, but replacing the "smart" battlefield behavior of the Elites with a more violent straight-forward attack pattern wasn't nearly as fun or engaging, but it WAS still fun

Prometheans you're right are total shit and a CHORE to fight. "We couldn't figure out how to make them fun to fight so they're just really annoying" basically

3 fucked up a bunch of shit set up in 2, Bungie's storytelling kinda went to shit around this point. ODST was an exception and even that had problems

>reach is humanities fortress world and prime military installation
>the covenant hit reach so hard it was lost in hours
>unsc high command realises humanity is utterly screwed
its been 9 years and im still pissed that bungie retconned the battle into taking months in reach.

well, the planet pretty much WAS lost in a few hours
the clean-up just took a while
but the battle was well over

tbf that was Nylund basically just rushing the novel because he realized he couldn't do it in the amount of pages he had left

Halo 4 was a fuckin heart breaker for me I hate it so much

But it makes sense that it took longer than a few hours. Combat on harvest lasted 5 years. How could the most defensible human planet all in hours?

Me too, I really wanted to like it. I tried.
The parts where the covenant remnants showed up gave me glimmers of hope but it just wasn't the same

And everything, visually, just became too "busy"
Old Halo you had a clear sense of who you were fighting, where they were, what rank they were because the models were crisp and the colors were clear indicators

their visual choice to overdesign everything and clutter the environment with details makes it a mess to look at

Halo 4 put me off the game series desu
Both in terms of fun and lore the series took a fucking nosedive during and since that game

I consider the planet to be "lost" the moment the covenant achieve orbital superiority - which was still pretty much instantly

a few humans stubbornly hanging on to the surface hardly mattered

There are parts I like. I loved the scene where Tilson breaks down over having to destroy the Composer, because it puts into perspective that Chief randomly blowing up literally everything he comes into contact with actually has consequence

But every other beat, while good on paper, was SO FUCKING OVERWROUGHT. Like, I wanted to like it, I really, REALLY tried, but I felt nothing when Cortana died

Everything about it was so awful. The designs sucked, the story was trash, The didact was gay as fuck, chief being some billion year experiment was fucking retarded, Prometheans were shit, levels were painfully linear, the ending was utter shit and that's just the campaign

Didact's speech at the end of the game was great though.

The prologue and epilogue were great but everything was cliche as fuck

>chief gets PTDS when cortana, an AI he knew for only a few years dies

They killed his character in 4. If he was able to shake off Sgt Johnson's death, someone he was close friends with for decades, losing his computer shouldn't be that bad.

>jackal snipers in halo 2 legendary
These are the worst not because of how difficult they are, but because even when you "git gud" and overcome them it's not because you increased in skill or anything
it's just because you learned when and where they'll be out of rote memory

as a result Halo 2's legendary doesn't feel like much of an achievement to complete

I don't even remember it which means it was probably shit. The didact was gay as fuck

didact has a dumb looking face

He has a dumb everything. his ship is literally just a ball. How fucking lazy could 343 be

>someone he was close friends with for decades
He met Chief when Reach was falling, literally only knew Chief for a few weeks and most of that had them separated. WAAYY less time than Cortana

343 lost the plot the second they decided Chief needed to be "more human"

The fact that this became a guiding concept for them is just laughable. How not a single person realized "guys this is 100% the wrong direction to go" or if they did must have been ignored

so who are they gonna fight this time?

i had to brush up on the old lore there seemed to be only one fleet involved in the harvest campaign and it only had 4 identified ships, but there are more than 4 ships in that fleet. reach got attacked by more than 300 ships.

Have waifu.

Eh. It wasn't prominent in halo 5 at all, and they delibaretly chose it so they weren't retreading territory Bungie has covered

I think it's a great idea in concept, but the execution was just awful

Yeah and most of the game has you fighting one ship, so...

Which halo game had the most kino final level?
For me its the warthog run
youtu.be/QHe3fKHFcmQ

Nothing beats the warthog run in CE, but desu most of the final levels in the Halo games have been pretty lackluster.

You are right I was confusing him with mendez. He met cortana on reach swell though so it wasn't WAY longer. Most of the time he spent with cortana he was asleep.

if they don't recast Travis Willingham as Fred in the TV show, I'll shoot someone

Literal 10/10 casting that got wasted by 5's writing

Yeah it was sorta obvious the writer for 4 didn't put a ton of research in

>I think it's a great idea in concept
I don't
Chief's entire design, his character, everything about him is that he's MORE than human. There is a clear line differentiating the Chief and a normal man. This was very deliberate.

To start asking questions like
>but doesn't he ever get tired of the fighting?
>what does he love
>what are his fears and dreams
is completely missing the point of Chief and not worth exploring because his character is supposed to be beyond these things. Does chief love things? Sure he does. Does he have hopes and dreams? Absolutely.
Should he ever express them? FUCK no

That's why the best part of the new Infinite trailer is him completely neglecting the joy that the mechanic feels and asking him bluntly for a situation report

For me it's Reach if you count objective: survive

What I mean is that I think the concept of exploring WHY he's so emotionless and inhuman was a great idea, it's just that it's ruined by having him act so mopey over Cortana's death and shit like that and missing your own point in the process

>watching credits
>thinking: man this'd be so kino if there was a level after the credits where you had to just fight Covenant until you died
>TFW

>concept of exploring WHY he's so emotionless and inhuman was a great idea
you'd need a really good writer to do that justice since it involved brainwashing, indoctrination and kinda being a child soldier.

Imagine the hype during vidmaster challenge

Attached: gun it chief.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

Yes and I was an idiotic 13 year old when I popped 4 in so I thought that was what they were gonna have