Why did he destroy the tape at the end?

Why did he destroy the tape at the end?

Attached: Snake.jpg (620x349, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yR1WPkLnnZo
youtube.com/watch?v=_6eAcFOSOY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to show them that he isn't their slave, he simply doesn't care, also cabman's music was more important for worldwide peace

it was the only way to destroy metal gear

The formula to stop the breakdown of the food chain, I think, based on what little they played in the film early on.

I thought it was about cold fusion or something like that. I'm not a scientist tho. That might have some impact on farming that only you nerds are aware of.

/thread

Attached: escape from new york.png (1920x834, 1.82M)

Oh yeah, but it also mentioned it had something to do with the ocean. It's been a while since I decided to watch it.

This shit is never mentioned in the film. Shut up.

Attached: 1534000873214.jpg (480x327, 56K)

Yes it is. Watch it again.

They used him like a tool, they didn't give a shit about him or anyone else who died saving the President. He gave the President a chance to prove that he cared about the people that died and he failed, so he got the humiliation he deserved.

I love that ending.

youtube.com/watch?v=yR1WPkLnnZo

Attached: Snake Plisken Incredulous.jpg (600x483, 74K)

>welcome to the human race

The sequel was cringey. World code 666. Subtle.

because childs was the thing and he did not want the thing to know the recording data

Well said. Based Plissken saving Big Band for the future.

Fucking kek

>sending an anarchist to a lawless land to save the president and world changing science

Hey, what could go wrong?

Because Captain Ron really had a real eye under his eye-patch.

Attached: Ron.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

As an act of rebellion against the oppressive government which only used him and doesn't care about anything other than the preservation of power

He was an anarchist like the real life person Snake Plissken was based on: Sam Hyde.

Attached: 1405964738052.png (815x810, 639K)

Watched LA but not New York, am I missing much?

whats the best edition on blu-ray?

Yeah. Try your best to forget everything about LA and then watch NY.

Yes and no. They are practically the same movie, but NY is still better than LA IMO.

People shit on LA, but I honestly like it. Wish Bruce Campbell was in in longer though.

Bold move Cowboy, I dig it.

Is this the thread where we pretend Escape from New York was good?

How is it bad?

Not really imo, I like LA better.

man I really like Carpenter and Russell, and I even like L.A. 2014 but I can not remember anything about Escape from NY post-landing on World Trade Center, I find it boring.

>L.A. 2014
???

Are there any other current movies that come close to Carpenter’s 80s stuff? The Purge series is the only one that comes to mind.

28 Days Later?

Almost 20 years old isn't exactly what I'd call current.

sorry, I meant Escape From L.A. Here it's called Los Angeles 2014 and the first one is called New York 1997

absolutelydisgusting.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=_6eAcFOSOY0
reminder

i'm just pissed we never got escape from earth (no, fuck you, lockout doesn't count) or that cancelled snake plissken video game (no, fuck you, metal gear doesn't count)

John Carpenter and Kojima collaborating would be absolute vidya kino

Earth? Escape from New Jersey would be the next in the series.
It would.

the sequel has a based ending, and it's my guilty pleasure

The ending is the only part I really like, but I do admittedly love it. The ending redeems all the rest.

It was a good ending, but people did laugh in the theaters when that code was revealed.

He was an incel, sweetie

Escape from LA is a fun movie

fuck off back to your pokemon video game, zoomy

>Why did he destroy the tape at the end?

He knew peace was bullshit, the government had no intention of ever being at peace with anybody.

>swn scream ITS A HOLOGRAAAM at my dick
;___;

To set the record straight
NY: the tape contains cold fusion formula. It's America's gift to the world and a gift to defuse the Cold War tension. Snake fucked it up thus he was morally ambiguous.

LA: it's the launch code that gives USA power over Central American countries. USA was under attack then but the code was going to be used for evil. Snake fucked it. He was unambiguously good.