Did they have to make it sooo kino. Holy fuck

Did they have to make it sooo kino. Holy fuck

Attached: MI_–_Fallout.jpg (220x324, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LuJFfn1snZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Way better than John Wick 3 desu

How the hell is going to top the stunts for the next one? What's left to do?

Going into space.

I liked it but I don't get the hype. I'd probably rank it below ghost protocol.

Tom Cruise transforms into Xenu and gets his revenge on all the Scientologists for he's had the great demon inside of him this whole time and has been hiding in plain sight. Everything is shot on film and that's the third act of the next MI movie. That's the only way they can top the other 6.

Lol

The final confrontation on the cliff-edge was pushing it, what with the god awful CGI and the contrived physics.
I mean come on, the hook?! The helicopter wedge?! Seriously? And they decided to cheap on the pajeet CGI slaves on such an important scene?

The only M:I movie whose ending left me with a bad aftertaste.

>another Scientology shill thread
3+ an hour? Not very subtle, guys.

Nice that's my favorite too. My ranking is GP>RN>Fallout>1>3>2. They're honestly all pretty close though. Even the one in my lowest ranking I still loved.

Tom Cruz holding onto the side of a Falcon 9 Heavy as it's lifting off

Can't bruise the Cruise.

Best film of 2018.

Because this one moralized and dared be intelligent by criticizing the conception of God, so critics liked it more and the masses felt smarter watching it. Ghost Protocol is the better film with a more coherent villain that isn't actually proven wrong but fails. Fallout seeks to prove the villain wrong and have him fail. Stunts in Fallout better, but I still favored Protocol. Haven't seen Rogue Nation.

>Because this one moralized and dared be intelligent by criticizing the conception of God
what

>Haven't seen Rogue Nation
it's good, pretty much on the same level as fallout imo

>2 in last
this scene alone puts it above Fallout
youtube.com/watch?v=LuJFfn1snZI
I didn't get the love for Fallout. Some of it was just plain retarded
parachuting into a thunderstorm?
crashing an helicopter into another one on top of a mountain, both surviving impossible odds due to no other reason than plot armor
ending is a last second bomb defusing
really? there's cliched and then there's bomb defused at the last second
the unnecessary and grating emphasis on making sure we know Ethan Hunt is sacrificing himself for the greater good
some decent action scenes, but in no way deserving of the massive praise it got

It was great in IMAX

>dared be intelligent by criticizing the conception of God
wat

Mission impossible one is still the best one. De Palma kino. Can’t convince me otherwise.

Great fucking movie.

Yes, there are many motifs of God in the movie. Lark wants to be omnipotent, the groups name are the apostles, Cruise's gun or whatever is hidden in a book of The Odyssey, Lang resembles Jesus but he's a villain. The finally message is essentially all lives matter, but religion or God says some lives matter, so we should embrace liberal globalism. I don't like viewing movies like that, but that's what they went for and I can't help but point out the post-modern elements in these blockbusters. I'd love for you to refute me, as I wouldn't want to be right, and would rather it just be an action movie with no underlying meaning, but I thought this film went out of it's way with all that.

Haven't seen it, unfortunately. Why does it receive so much hate user?

Reminder that MI2 is still the highest-grossing entry in the franchise when adjusted for inflation.

Attached: mission-impossible-2-tom-cruise-1.jpg (838x344, 39K)

I think everyone likes the first one, it's the second one that gets hate because it's notably the worst in the series

Probably because it doesn’t have crazy action sequences but story wise it’s based asf. Watch it. It’s a mission impossible movie that could win an Oscar. De Palma is a great director and he makes it very pulp noir.

The only DePalma I liked was Carrie

Attached: F95EA3A8-B760-49AD-9463-7F0AC88C5E42.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

it was the kino we needed but not the kino we deserved

Well I can’t tell you what to watch but i highly recommend it. What other de Palma movies have you seen for comparison?

Scarface, Untouchables, Carlito's Way.

The actual quality of the shots are unreal to me in that one. Not talking strictly visuals but just how clear everything looks.

MY GRANDMA AND YOUR GRANDMA

Watch blow out and body double and also watch mission impossible one

It’s a really good stand alone movie in my opinion

Because the Cruise dont lose

I'd argue this film didn't exactly top the Burj Kalifa. The HALO jump was impressive, sure, but it didn't feel like they will have to keep escalating in a Fast & Furious way. They got it right by going underwater in the previous film.

Also, is 100% right. Fallout would have been an eternal 10/10 film if they had toned down the last 20 minutes.

If they keep Ilsa in the next one it'll be guaranteed Kino no matter what, I just hope they bring her opera theme back.

Armond would you pls do an AMA on Yea Forums?

Yeah I've been meaning to watch Blow Out.

sure, AMA user. Want a pic with the date to verify that it's actually me?

Because Cruise is a madman.

Attached: 15487036534.webm (1100x456, 2.78M)

>Finishes the scene cause he knows they won't let him shoot it once he is healed

Absolute chad

Fallout was pretty good but i agree, it had some cliches that were already in the previous movies, like a last second defuse, but they're well executed. All the action scenes were great.

the whole franchise has some memorable stunts that even people who never watched an M:I film will recognise, but there isn't any memorable villain, makes me think...

>John Woo
kino
>the rest
flicks

M:I 2 is literally unwatchable. Go bcak and try it, if you make it more than 30 minutes in you probably have brain damage.

The chase before that was cool, but yeah the amount of abuse those helicopters took no way would they have walked away that unhurt.

Attached: 127323032516.webm (1280x675, 3M)

memes aside, sequence on top of a moving train is pretty much confirmed at this point. I could see space definitely being the ideal stunt for the last one (they're shooting 7 and 8 back to back right?) but I don't know how feasible that is. It's pretty much the only franchise Paramount has left though so it's possible they put all of their chips in there and just hope if they go big enough it'll pay off in the box office

Haven't seen much hate for the first film, it's MI:2 that gets a lot of unwarranted hate.

John Woo kino.

Attached: 127353034825.webm (640x266, 2.43M)

i' d like to see an underwater stunt with a sub

Woo sucks and MI2 is particularly egregious. A shit stain on an otherwise great movie series.

I liked the bit where Henry Cavill got hot helicopter oil sprayed directly in his face

This. I fucking loved it seeing it into theaters as a middle schooler. But its aged the worst of the whole series. It has a few small pure kino moments that basically work as short YouTube clips. Watching the full thing is cringe.

>unwarranted hate
How much shit do you have to be on to watch zoom-in and zoom-outs in slow motion for two hours, sprinkled with doves, logical inconsistencies and narrative contradictions and not realize how bad the film is?
There are a few cool shots, maybe even scenes, but even those are made unwatchable by 24fps-turned-12fps slow motion.

Cavill was so weak, dunno how anyone can defend this garbage. I'm convinced most of the posts in threads like these are Scientology clowns working their way up the Xenu social credit ladder.

Attached: 1397400277343.png (910x898, 438K)

It's Yea Forums's obsession with the MI franchise that reminds me why no one should ever listen to this board on anything except Nu Wars.

Weak bait or pleb taste. Either way, think before you post.

shut up faggot, i don't think MI is amazing, but the franchise is pretty solid considering it's 20 years old
the other old franchises already turned into shit like star wars, star trek, james bond, etc

Seriously? Since M:I 3 these films have been good to great action releases, which is especially impressive in a franchise. Whoever can't see that is probably quite biased. I'm not saying they don't have their flaws, they aren't the second coming, but they are probably less pretentious and more enjoyable than most of what's in cinemas these days.
Watch the first part of Rogue Nation up to the point where Ferguson jumps out of the car after the opera scene and come back here saying you didn't enjoy yourself.

In all seriousness, how can they continue the story after Fallout..?

Attached: Mission_Impossible_Fallout_Henry_Cavill_Brown_Suit__83024_zoom.jpg (704x1000, 79K)

Something something sex Ilsa

They can't top the fist reload. Might as well give up.

Hobbs and Shaw is this year's Fallout. You heard it here first

I haven't heard about any of this. 2 parter? Train sequence? That's great.

Rogue Nation had a more impressive stunt than Fallout by having Cruise on the outside of a plane as it takes off, but what made Fallout just as good was that they filmed amazing shit with complete clarity and always able to show Cruise's face, e.g jumping out of an airplane and almost killing himself flying a helicopter alone. So as long as they continue to film authentic amazing sequences, death-defying stunts aren't actually that necessary. Think of something like filming a fight scene on a real moving train, or a fast paced skiing sequence on the side of a steep mountain.

the MI movies are some of the last mostly non-CGI stunt movies left and for that they're better than 90% of the other action movies made today