Lesbian rabbi talking about how there's no afterlife

>lesbian rabbi talking about how there's no afterlife
Wait, what are the Ten Commandments and all the mitzvah even for then? "Uphold G_d's law or else ______." Or else what, if you just throw us all into the same oblivion anyway?

Attached: Dead+to+Me+poster+.jpg (426x597, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_in_the_Bible
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_to_come#Jewish_eschatology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_in_the_Bible#Modern_scholarship
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>netflix
hide

do they lick the others pusy?

No but Cardelinni does get blacked

It’s all so tiresome.

Because if jews don't obey, god send them plagues, famines and invasions. Read the bible

>dead to me

Is this movie about having a gay son?

Christina Applegate's husband gets hit by a car so she goes to a grief counseling group where Linda Cardelini becomes her new best friend and she invites her to come live with her, not knowing that she's the person that killed her husband

Or else your family's line will end.

> not suspending disbelief

It's a silly show that is fun to watch, just enjoy it for Pete's sake.

Attached: george-reeves-clark-kent.jpg (1200x800, 296K)

Good goy

There's no afterlife in the bible you retards. Even Jesus himself never spoke of an afterlife. What he literally said was the Jewish phrase. "HaOlam HaBa" which means "world to come".

Jesus literally preached about people in the future being resurrected and living on Earth again.

Next you're going to be shocked that souls actually don't exist and are named 0 times in the bible and were actually added in the 3rd century AD to convert ancient greeks that believed in hellinistic pagan concept of souls.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_in_the_Bible
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_to_come#Jewish_eschatology

I think it's funny people here call themselves Christians but never even wondered what Jesus actually preached and don't follow the words of Jesus. Instead they follow the rape child of added scripture over the centuries that the priests didn't even believe in themselves but were added to convert new tribes into the religion.

TL;DR: In the original bible (Jesus preaching) and Torah there is no such thing as a soul. Your literal physical body is what gets ressurected. There is also no heaven. Jesus said people would get ressurected "in the world to come" referring to the future Earth, not some other dimension in the sky.

If you don't believe this then you're not even a Christian but some pagan instead. Read the fucking bible for once you spergs.

>being good on a bribe
lol

literally this. I highly recommend Bart D Ehrman as he discusses this AT LENGTH.

Pathetic samefag btw. No everyone is a soulless goon like you.

>what is sheol

So, Jews are confirmed as soulless devils or is this reformist bullshit?

No what I say is specifically what Jesus said. This is true for Christianity as well and "souls" are paganism that got added into christianity simply to convert people of that time. Souls actually come from hellinistic religion.

It's like Christmas trees being germanic paganism adopted into christianity to make converting them easier.

There are no actual souls in the bible and Jesus would tell you to GTFO if you'd actually mention that to him.

>The modern scholarly consensus holds that the canonical teaching of the Old Testament made no reference to an immortal soul independent of the body.[35][36][37][38] A wide range of scholarly reference works consistently represent this view.[39][40][41][42][43]

>Many modern theologians reject the view that the Bible teaches the doctrine of the immortal soul,[44][45][46][47][48][49][50][51][52] and Hebblethwaite observes the doctrine is "not popular amongst Christian theologians or among Christian philosophers today".[53]

Basically anyone studying theology or bible history admits that souls don't exist within Christian religion. Most priests actually know this as well.

This .

Also, the ghost of the prophet Samuel and the Witch of Endor would like a word.

When Christ is being crucified he tells the thief "today you will be with me in paradise"

Also "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."

Sheol itself actually refered to an ancient Jewish god like Moloch or Baal.

Greek Jews translated Sheol to "Hades" to fit the local culture better and this actually made people think the hades underworld also applied to judaism.

Theologists and bible historians agree that sheol is not an actual place in both judaism and christianity.

There is no life after death or a soul in the torah or bible at all.

To add, there's also the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man. The concept of there being an afterlife is right there. It's also clear that it wasn't an alien concept to the Christ's audience.

Jesus didn't say any of that. Jesus didn't speak English user.

"Paradise" is a (mis)translation of HaOlam HaBa which meant world to come.

Jesus never referred to god as his Father during his lifetime. It was only 2 centuries after his death that his followers were claiming for Jesus to be the son of god. This is recognized by priests and bible historians meaning that phrase could never have been told.

The King James Bible is a large basterdization and basically a quick paraphrasing or interpretation of the bible based on what people knew when it was written.

You can't argue against the concept of an afterlife existing in Jewish tradition, no matter how hard you try. Souls, either, because what else is a soul but the ghost of who a person is? And it's the ghost of the prophet Samuel who shows up to tell Saul he's going to lose. If it were an alien concept, there's no explaining its inclusion in the Book of Kings.

>it doesn't say it anywhere in the Bible
>except for the parts of the Bible that were falsified or mistranslated
Wow your ""argument"" is as infallible and unfalsifiable as religion itself, congratulations

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_in_the_Bible#Modern_scholarship

The short form is that a "soul" is your body. Which is why burial is so important. If you burn or damage your body too much you can't be resurrected. This is also something Jesus directly preached and is supported by every modern theologist and bible historian.

I'm a theology student and will become a priest in a year, This is all common knowledge and widely accepted, no one rejects this nowadays.

99% of all bodies over a few hundred years old are completely disintegrated

So explain the Witch of Endor.

You know the original bible wasn't English right? It was Hewbrew then translated into greek, then translated from greek to latin. Then translated from latin to English in the King James bible. Every translation lost some of the meaning and added confusion and some deliberately added points to convert new peoples into the religion.

The original philosophy preached by Jesus is significantly altered by the modern bible to the point where I personally don't consider people that believe in souls or the afterlife to be christian at all. Rather they are hellinist pagans with some minor christian influences

There has been no cutoff point stated when a body can't be ressurected anymore except for the very specific phrase "when it returns to dust". We know that burning a body is 100% certainly returning someone to dust and thus destroying their souls.

Burials were originally done to preserve the body for as long as possible to make resurrection possible for a long time. There is no clear line between when some body has been damaged too much except for if it has been completely turned to dust.

For all we know a single bone remaining is enough for ressurection or maybe you'd need to have your entire skeleton, this is all speculation and it was never specifically stated.

See, there's no point arguing with you because you have constructed your own internal theology and declared everyone outside it heretics

Modern interpretation is that the devil/demon inpersonated samuel's spirit.

>King James wrote in his philosophical treatise Daemonologie (1597) arguing against the ventriloquist theory, stating that the Devil is permitted at times to put himself in the likeness of the Saints, citing 2 Corinthians 11:14 that Satan can transform himself into an Angel of light.

I am speaking for the entire theological community, this is what priest universities actually teach nowadays. Again these things aren't controversial among actual bible students, priests or theologists.

It's just very hard to preach this truth to the common people since they have internalized this view of souls and an afterlife which was never a real part of christianity.

>Jesus never mentioned an afterlife in the Bible
>What about those specific passages where he did mention an afterlife?
>lol those are fake every real priest and theologist knows this trust me

Attached: dcc.jpg (630x768, 117K)

Read one of the dozen sources shown in the wikipedia article. What do you expect me to do? Transfer my entire biblical knowledge over to you through a single Yea Forums thread?

The phrase Jesus always used for the afterlife/paradise was "HaOlam HaBa". We've always known this as that was what was written in the oldest accords of Jesus's preaching in hebrew.

Jews don't believe in heaven, they follow God's covenant with Israel that promises that their rewards will be earthly rewards if they follow God's law. Jews are really bad at doing that though, there are hundreds of examples of this in the bible and tanakh .

literally all nonsense. God's original covenant was earthly. God's new covenant is heavenly.

I was recently redpilled on this, Judaism is seriously like Buddhism and I thought they had a Heaven and Hell and now I am not so sure if Christianity is the only religion that has an afterlife.

Is there a good entry point to become a theology student as a layman? Which writers should I be reading?

>>I am speaking for the entire theological community,

lol

Doesnt the modern embalming pretty much just make your body a shell, how is that any different from cremating/damaging it.

>I am not so sure if Christianity is the only religion that has an afterlife.

The Muslims do too. They are the only ones of the major religions that do.