Opinions on Enemy? This is Villeneuve's best movie

Opinions on Enemy? This is Villeneuve's best movie.

Attached: 220px-Enemy_poster.jpg (220x311, 22K)

Kafkaesque, Lovecraftian and Lynchian

is it sneedino?

Dude random spudel lmao

Pretty good, I liked it. Ending is weird af.

This is what I thought the ending represented.The spider represents the mundane and Adam accepting his fate.

Something like that, although I think it was a bit more about the inevitability of suffering in life and that there are always more problems following every solution to a problem

Women sux.. that's about it

The Double released the same year is 10x better

That's what makes it great I think. There's multiple ways to look on this. Another idea I had was Adam represented Order and Anthony represented Chaos. The spider was just Anthony in another form.

>decent concept
>hacky implementation
The director also shamelessly re used the same timeline gimmick in Arrival.

> The director also shamelessly re used the same timeline gimmick in Arrival.
Except the same gimmick is present in the original story Arrival is based on...

I mean I kind of got that initially too but decided to read into it more
That’s a great point I think the spider could represent the echo of chaos that will continue to ripple through Adam’s life despite Anthony being gone

False. It's Incendies.

So he just added no spin of his own at all? That's even worse.

A love letter to Mr and Mrs Sauga. This spider isn't going to smush itself, baby.

Attached: thehorror.jpg (1673x1120, 306K)

A KINO PER YEAR

Attached: loki.gif (540x240, 1.42M)

I see a pint glass

Because earlier in the film Adam talks to his classes about Dictatorships and Control. The Mundane has a control on Adam's life. So when Anthony comes into the picture he brings a chaotic element. Something Adam so desperately needed. Now that I'm typing this maybe the spider really does represent the mundane and now that Anthony is gone, he must accept the dictatorial control that the mundane has on him. Bringing it back to the quote at the beginning of the film about Chaos is order not yet deciphered.

It's like this shit was made for me specifically. I developed a retarded taste for something that strikes a balance as much as possible between confusing and explained, symbolism and literal, a mood that feels isolated while at the same time belonging to the rest of the world. I love the shit out of the color pallete and the visual composition.
Also I like Gyllenhaal.

Attached: jake.jpg (316x424, 28K)

>muh sand nigger rape babies

Gay and boring movie about subhumans and stronk womyns, not even in his top 5

>The director also shamelessly re used the same timeline gimmick in Arrival
There is no timeline bullshit in Enemy, what are you talking about?

filtered

Gyllenhaal is a national treasure

Attached: JebsReality.jpg (1200x916, 156K)

Was there a reason for the fascist/totalitarian stuff? It didn't seem to link directly into anything but it comes up multiple times

Attached: DJqCzgiWAAAqH0Z.jpg (1200x622, 85K)

It's a boring piece of shit.

Look at this and

t. pleb

I don't know.

It lives too much in misery world, I couldn't take it seriously how horrified this guy was when he saw someone who looked like him. Arrival and Prisoners are the best Villeneuve

it's good but not best, incendies is

>ermagerd sperders so randumb

there was a time when I would randomly pick movies to torrent based on their poster images and watch them without knowing anything about them. I saw this poster one night and decided to watch it. To this day I've never been more engrossed by a film than I was that night. one of my favorites

Attached: MV5BMTQ2NzA5NjE4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjQ4NzMxMTE@._V1_.jpg (1980x2916, 2.08M)

I can see the case for Prisoners but not Arrival.
Imagine being this much of a brainlet

I took it as the spiders simply representing his fear of commitment since they'd snare you up in their web and spin you into a cocoon if they catch you. Agreed with the order/chaos dichotomy others mentioned in the thread though.

Attached: 1560463627613.jpg (481x481, 32K)

I like Prisoners more than Enema.

Attached: (m=eaAaGwObaaaa)(mh=bXD0JquC2FEIqG1a)13.jpg (640x360, 32K)

I Thought that the spider was supposed to be a metaphor for a relationship, a terrifying thing, that small and easily crushed. the opening scene the spider is killed relationship is fractured and the double life begins. In the final scene he wants to go to the same club and the spider is horrified.