Yes, she was sexy, Yes, she was gorgeous. Yes, she was an icon

Yes, she was sexy, Yes, she was gorgeous. Yes, she was an icon.

But was she a good actress? Let's get into that.

Attached: marilyn-monroe.jpg (1547x2000, 586K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ultimatemovierankings.com/top-movie-stars-1950s/
youtube.com/watch?v=EqolSvoWNck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Money_Making_Stars_Poll
youtube.com/watch?v=27bwTZSr2xA
youtube.com/watch?v=fZhUo3ikJj8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>But was she a good actress?
Who cares, women were put into movies because of their tits

Yes, she was Sneed. Yes, she was Chuck. Yes, she was a feed.

But was she a good fuck? Let's get into that.

She is a butterface change my mind

when did it all go wrong?

Don't care, she was super hot. Straights and gays alike agree on that one thing.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU STUPID FAGGOT

Excuse my but i believe you replied to the wrong poster, the poster you replied to made a based (and frankly redpilled) post. Perhaps you meant to (you) the first post for ignoring the factor of Ass and thigh with their ludicrous claim that only tits matter

No idea but she has Leo's kino hairline.

she takes the cake for most overrated woman of all time

she was good in movies like some like it HOT. She got type cast as the dumb blond , in fact she probably created it and it was widely imitated and parodied.

Attached: Niagara.webm (730x540, 1.46M)

Imagine being this gay.

I'd call you a gay, but even gays agree Marilyn was hot af. Must be some kind of pedo soiboi.

Attached: 62256140_1201579816715831_6287726224457425792_n.jpg (612x626, 46K)

No and her fame is completely overblown in modern day perception. She was basically a nobody attached to tits before she overdosed.

i was referring to her inferred acting talent and general celebrity and legacy but i don't really find her as hot as other actresses of the era, just her willingness to take pin up and cheesecake photos

she got her chops with the misfits. she wan't top tier but considering what she went through not bad

>in fact she probably created it
Not in the slightest. Movies have been using that archetype since at least the late 30s. Here's one example I have on hand.

Attached: Marie Wilson star from Sweepstakes Winner (1939).jpg (904x757, 210K)

Nah. Jayne Mansfield was the butterface, Marilyn was very nice facially.

Attached: mmwindow.jpg (703x879, 85K)

Look at a pic of her BEFORE she was Hollywood-ized.

She was literally the most famous woman in the world at her peak you dumbass, you couldn't even imagine how big she was. She was a cultural phenomenon in her own time.

Attached: 93lo8js56udx.jpg (1702x1379, 321K)

She definitely popularized it and made it into a way bigger thing than it was before.

>Yes, she was sexy
no
>Yes, she was gorgeous
no
she has a fucking pig face. her body is pretty sexy though

>She was literally the most famous woman in the world at her peak
That is absolutely not true. Rita Hayworth was the most popular pinup girl during the 40s. Carole Lombard was the highest paid actress by the end of the 30s and Betty Grable was the highest paid actress of the 40s. Both Deborah Kerr and Elizabeth Taylor had more box office success than Marilyn Monroe in the 50s.

Since when does Hollywood cast girls because of their acting skills?

You definitely need proof because I do not believe you.

Some are cast for their skills, others are cast only for looks. There's a mix of both.

>t. Sophia Loren

Attached: file.png (768x512, 423K)

It is 100% true dipshit, I could point you to a hundred things that show it being true. Nobody got more newspaper coverage than Marilyn Monroe in that time, nobody was more photographed. Hollywood studios started putting out dozens of Monroe copycats and lookalikes to try and compete with her. She was known worldwide by just her initials.

>Both Deborah Kerr and Elizabeth Taylor had more box office success than Marilyn Monroe in the 50s.

Not even true, who told you that lol? Deborah Kerr was never a big box office attraction. Elizabeth Taylor didn't become a major box office star until the end of the decade. For most of the 50s, Marilyn was the biggest female star. Trust me, I know more about this stuff than you.

Attached: 504803904.jpg (1024x638, 321K)

Battle of the low cuts. Mansfield wins.

better pic
Sophia was so hot but damn she got mogged hard

Attached: file.png (1000x972, 981K)

Are you legitimately retarded? You don't think Marilyn Monroe, the reigning postwar sex symbol famous for her dumb blonde roles, popularized the dumb blonde image more than anyone else? Do you know anything about Hollywood history?

Get fucked retard
ultimatemovierankings.com/top-movie-stars-1950s/
>Deborah Kerr $3,015.10 million in adjusted domestic gross
>Elizabeth Taylor $2,681.00 million in adjusted domestic gross
>Marilyn Monroe $2,568.50 million in adjusted domestic gross

Your turn for actual proof, memefuck

I think you're legitimately retarded. You don't know Hollywood history if you think an actress popular in the 50s popularized a common archetype seen all the way back into the first talkies.

watch the misfits and some like it hot and tell me she's not one of the best to ever do it you poser faggots

>i was referring to her inferred acting talent and general celebrity and legacy
The rest is your personal opinion. The lass was an icon, unusurped to the point that we still discuss her. That alone means that she was a celebrity with a impressive legacy.

Jews disagree. There are far too many chestlets in Hollywood.

That is not proof of anything at all you fool. Old box office stats like this aren't even that reliable and they differ from site to site. For something more substantial look up the annual list of Top 10 Box Office Stars, see how many times Deborah Kerr's name came up and how many times Marilyn Monroe's name came up.

Monroe was the premiere Hollywood star for most of the 50s. She got way more publicity than other female star. She was considered cinema's biggest defense against the rise of television. She was copied and parodied all over the place. You have no idea what you're talking about here.

>That is not proof of anything at all you fool.
So where's your metric? So far, I'm the only one who has backed up any argument.

youtube.com/watch?v=EqolSvoWNck

>"In the history of show-business, perhaps there has been no one female who meant so much"

Yeah, sure sounds like a nobody you retard.

>"In the history of show-business, perhaps there has been no one female who meant so much"
That's nice of him to say that as an introduction to her performance, but that's far from proof or conclusive.

I told you to look it up but here you go you lazy bastard.

Deborah Kerr happened to be a couple big movies, but she was never a big box office star herself. Elizabeth Taylor only became a true superstar with Cleopatra in the 60s. Monroe was the biggest female moneymaker of 53, 54, and 56. Her films grossed hundreds of millions despite her only having 9 years as a top-billed actress.

And like I said, she got a truly absurd amount of coverage and publicity, which is what really pushed her over the top from other stars in terms of fame. Everyone who was alive then talks about what a big deal she was.

Attached: cedca71c09b5d66dc54c512b39ebb118.jpg (600x799, 79K)

show business doesn't mean acting or film. Like Bruce Campbell said. There is a difference in a movie star and an actor.

Its too bad she looked so hideous in that picture 99% of the time Sophia was 10/10

Sophia was pure class. But on that night Mansfield ruled.

Hilariously untrue. She was like Madonna and Kim Kardashian and Angelina Jolie all in one. She was the sex goddess of the world, maybe the most photographed woman of the last century.

Attached: marilynm.jpg (640x640, 49K)

>not ranked in the top 10 most years
>not ranked in year at #1
>not ranked in most consecutive years
>ranked #6 in 53
>ranked #5 in 54
>not ranked in 55
>ranked #8 in 56

For the Quigley Poll
>ranked top lady for 53, 54 & 56
>but outranked by other women in 55, 59
>doesn't make rank in 57, 58, 60, 61 and 62

She was a big name, but nowhere near the most famous female star in the world.

Now you're just overthinking this user. Female sex symbols typically didn't rank among the top 10 often because they couldn't appeal much to women who were the primary moviegoers back then. Rita Hayworth, Lana Turner, Jane Russell, Sophia Loren, Jayne Mansfield, etc. None of them ever even made the list despite very obvious popularity.

Because of this Monroe wasn't necessarily THE biggest box office draw of the era, but she was easily the most FAMOUS female star at the time. This is painstakingly obvious to anyone who is familiar with her history and career or just 1950s culture in general. Her marriages were worldwide headlines, she drew crowds of thousands everywhere she went, she was just more talked about than anyone else in Hollywood.

>that cope
Put up or shut up.

Too bad her daughter from Law and Order isn't anywhere near as hot.

100% of women are bad at acting.

She had a lot of natural charm and charisma and knew how to play the ditzy blond bombshell role really well. Does that make her a good actress? Not really but it does make her a great movie star in the same way that Arnold Schwarzenegger was a great action movie star even though he could only handle basic acting. If you can do one thing well that's enough.

The reason hollywood is failing is because actresses don't look like this anymore.

>clearly doesn't know anything about MM besides some random box office stats and made idiotic assumptions based on that
>gets more and more butthurt as he realizes how ignorant he is

Dude, she was insanely famous and one of the biggest stars ever. She isn't still an icon half a century later just cause she died young and tragically, that happened to lots of stars. She was an icon in her time, ask any old person and they'll tell you.

Attached: df0600f400664c530aec8f46690c0ee1.jpg (1208x797, 240K)

>why men pick the wrong women

When did it go from women competing for men to men competing for women?

Was there anything like marylin before marylin? Greta garbo maybe.

Proof on women being the main movie goers?

I know all about her and I love watching old films. The fact is that stars who were literally the most popular of their time are completely unknown now (Carole Lombard) and others who were relatively popular in their own time are now seen as the most popular ever (Marilyn Monroe, James Deen, Audrey Hepburn). You've been making a lot of claims, but all evidence goes against you. Just ask any old person and they'll tell you, dude.

Clara Bow

Does anybody have some nudes?

She never really appealed to me. Ever. In any aspect. She was like Elvis Presley or the Beatles or Frank Sinatra -- this cultural icon that the boomers were crazy for that left me slightly puzzled and utterly cold.

Now, young-ish Sophia Loren? I'd tear a piece of that ass off every day of the week.

Attached: sophia-loren-nude-1.jpg (298x434, 42K)

>Yes, she was sexy,
Wrong

>Yes, she was gorgeous.
Wrong

>Yes, she was an icon.
Means nothing

Nope

Women ugly as fuck before 1965.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 30K)

>all evidence
All you've shown is random adjusted grosses of films (which aren't even that reliable) as if thats the only way determine fame and popularity. That's all you have and obviously all you know, when I'm repeatedly giving your dumb ass well-documented facts and information with every post.

Aside from clearly being a big box office star and the top sex symbol of the decade, Monroe got way more press and attention than any other female star at the time, that's just undeniable. Yes, Hepburn and Dean are probably more popular today than back then, but Monroe was a genuine superstar and phenomenon of her era.

t. numale

Lmao

>relatively popular
lol
youtube.com/watch?v=27bwTZSr2xA
youtube.com/watch?v=fZhUo3ikJj8

no other sex symbol in Hollywood history created a sensation like she did. she changed the game, by the early 60s she was already considered a living legend.

Dumbass.

Attached: Corinne Michelle West.png (434x502, 338K)

Jean Harlow was the original blonde bombshell that Marilyn initially tried to copy.

She was original though in her sexual openness, the first big star everyone saw nude thanks to Playboy. She was vulnerable and flaunted her sexuality way more than previous Hollywood sexpots who were all mysterious femme fatale types.

Pop culture and modern media were new inventions and the people of the time all grew up on farms or in small towns, so audiences were mentally very susceptible to the media's newfound ability to create a feedback loop of buzz that fed itself by generate more buzz. Also Monroe just happened to come along at exactly the right time when her dumb airhead thot gimmick was considered risque and cutting edge. Any earlier and she wouldn't have been able to take that gimmick very far due to prudish standards, but any later and she would have had too much competition as society's norms shifted. Her timing was perfect.