What did Yea Forums think of Double Indemnity?

What did Yea Forums think of Double Indemnity?

Attached: y055.jpg (1600x900, 195K)

a bit boring and not actual "noir"
good premise, but one of Wilder's weakest

Pretty pretty pretty pretty good

Disliked the characters, which made the experience pretty underwhelming.

Women are

Not that interesting. Noir is sometimes confused with the hard-boild detective subgenre that was popular in literature in the 20s but most famous movie examples have nothing to do with it.

Boring as fuck, just like all the retarded code era films.

kino, yet I fucking hate Fred McMurray as an actor

No genre disappointed me more than noir. Still looking for the best ones.

I watched this on VHS with my mom and my grandma at the cottage ca. 1995. I remember liking the music that plays over the credits, which are over a silhouette of a with crutches walking towards or away from the camera. Also Edward G. Robinson's 'little man' that goes to work inside him and won't let him rest until he solves an insurance fraud case. Fred MacMurray's character is executed at the end, IIRC? Also, I think they showed this on TVOntario's Saturday Night at the Movies and someone, maybe Stephen Rebello, said you can tell Stanwyck and MacMurray are attracted to each other without the movie needing to have a sex scene.

As one of the six people on this board who actually watched it, I agree that it's boring. Flashback movies are shit, period, and the central theme of roasties gonna roast is cringey polshit. Poorly paced and plodding, with the flashback style removing all tension and suspense. A terrible gutless film unworthy of being associated with the other noirs. If you wanted to turn someone off of ever wanting to watch noir films this is the one you'd use.

As a leader of noir agree, but Standwick was pretty good

Saw it just recently, what was the point of making it in a flashback? Novel approach for that time? It somewhat blew the wind out of the sails of tension. Dialogue is pretty witty, I liked it, and the character of the small guy is amazing.

Sunset Boulevard and The Touch of Evil were better but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that after all this search the best noir movie would be Chinatown. This genre is mostly celebrated for themes and aesthetic rather than truly great and engaging movies.

You sound like a complete idiot.

Most of Yea Forums is made up of zoomers who will either never watch it or not get it, because it's a movie that wasn't made in the past 20-30 years. I'm willing to bet most of the board has never even heard of it.

I try to quote Edward g Robinson from this movie at least once a week at work..... no one ever gets it

The lead sucked and held everything back

It was a good concept, though better developed in Body Heat.

Silence of the Lambs

Says the retard too stupid/cowardly to post their opinion about why it's 'good'.

good God Yea Forums has shit taste, look at this fucking thread

>actress is ugly
>actor has no charisma
>visuals are pretty standard
>poor pacing
>shitty ending you can see from miles away
ok

pure kino

Attached: 1535655453233.jpg (1920x1080, 451K)

Retard

You forgot to say dilate or yikes!

I'd rather not give my opinion than expose the level of stupidity you did here >Flashback movies are shit
>roasties gonna roast
>cringey polshit
>Poorly paced and plodding
Truly the pinnacle of critical thinking on display. I suppose you'd like a medal.

How is film class?

Good riddance, moron.

I'd like to pull it off successfully and also cuck my supervisor

Excellent. The chemistry between the leads is great. The third act isn’t quite as good as the first two, but still interesting.