Ludi Lin And Ross Butler Eyed For Marvel Studios' SHANG-CHI

thathashtagshow.com/2019/06/17/exclusive-donnie-yen-ludi-lin-on-marvel-studios-shang-chi-short-list/

Attached: Shang-Chi.png (1156x565, 1010K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U2O_bboGEDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Donnie Yen is also being eyed for a "wise old stateman", rumored to be the Mandarin, who is reportedly Shang-Chi's father and the main villain of the movie.

Attached: The Mandarin.png (852x589, 638K)

another mysterious billion dollar hit and a win for diversity

It should have been Donnie-
Oh. Well okay this works for me.

Donnie Yen is too old for Shang-Chi nowadays, but he's perfect for the Mandarin.

I'm kinda' hyped.

hong kong here
the fuck is the point of this shit

>eyed
Isn't this racist?

Why would it be?

as a guy who was into comics i cant recall this character ever existing.
I think /x/ calls this the mandela effect

>shang chi, master of kung fu
now theres a comic i grew up with. about time marvel is getting with the program

Say it with me. GET WOKE

GO ____

>Donnie Yen
And this couldn't be done in Iron Man 3 why?

The Mandarin is viewed by many as a racist caricature of 1950's "Yellow Peril" (and he kinda' is). Putting him up against a character that embodies American superiority could hurt the movie's performance in China.

Putting him up against Marvel's first Asian superhero and adding a family drama twist that China loves? Money in the bank.

Attached: The Mandarin.jpg (500x848, 87K)

The big problem is that he is called the "Mandarin."
While it meant a high Chinese government probably because of how it is used in the dialect Mandarin Chinese Westerners act like it just means "Chinese guy."

Was the Mandarin ever an actual mandarin?

dude on the left is pretty hot

Interesting slant on the character.

High Mandarin

Is there a DC actor who DOESN'T want to jump ship?

Break records and make over a billion while retards on Yea Forums cry?

>Is there a DC actor who DOESN'T want to jump ship?

Gal Gadot.

after looking them up it should be ludi lin he is chinese and knows english,mandarin and cantonese , and he knows martials arts as well.

I'm betting on him as well.

Pretty sure Ludi's gonna get the part. He's already a trained martial artist.

He was the one dry humping Pom Klementieff in Striking Vipers.

Attached: IMG_1764.jpg (900x648, 324K)

She probably put in a good word for him.

They should cast white-passing Eurasian dudes instead of these slopes.

>Is there a DC actor who DOESN'T want to jump ship?

Which character/actor we talking about this time?

Yeah, cause she has SO many other film projects lined up. Gadot and Drogo from GOT are the only actors you never have to worry about because nobody else wants them.

It would probably be a big benefit to have someone that would be good at fight scenes and wouldn't have to use a double for a lot of shots.

Isn't Mamoa in Dune?

I thought Shang-Chi's father was Fu Manchu...or is that the same person as Mandarin

Hollywood hates Asian males like the rest of the world

Don't forget to take your diabetic medicine, dear.

Yes he has a small role in a movie over a year and a half from now in one of the largest ensemble casts in the history of film.

He's really kicking ass! I think Gadot is going to be in the Bad Moms Thanksgiving, so she's super busy too!

chin ching wheres dog

>DCfags BTFO yet again

It'd be hilarious, if it wasnt just so fucking easy

Attached: Marvel has multiple Oscars, DC has none.gif (268x268, 2.39M)

Cunt is truly undeserving of that trophy, nothing remarkable.

Ya seethe?

I think gadot destroyed her chances in hollywood when she decided to be the princess and not work out that lifeless ass
was the role that 100% of the actresses would like to do
and she did not deliver what the role asked for
and here comes the second movie and she still wants to be the princess
funny to see those dozens of women in the movie playing the amazons in great shape and gal gadot is the only one in bad physical shape

youtube.com/watch?v=U2O_bboGEDc

Tying up the whole Mandarin plot in the MCU. Also Feige has always wanted to bring Iron Fist to MCU, but unfortunately the TV division beat him to the punch, so he has to resort to Shang-Chi.

This is the kind of diversity that I can tolerate because at least it's not Captain Girl Empowerment or WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIET

Back to fucking your cousin, Tom.

Almost all Marvel movies have a pull with female audiences but not this one because American thots don't like Asian dudes.

This is why I come here

Originally, he was. But Marvel no longer has the rights to Fu-Manchu, so they retconned Shang-Chi's father into an original character named "Zheng Zhu", who indeed became the Mandarin in a recent story arc.

Attached: Zheng Zhu.png (222x300, 130K)