Why this bitch ass nigga think The Shining is bad? It's obviously a great movie. The mini-series based on it...

Why this bitch ass nigga think The Shining is bad? It's obviously a great movie. The mini-series based on it, which he loved, sucked major cock. Why can't he see that?

Attached: 466f4c5af0501a3bb8388ef80be1d008186617ac.jpg (600x350, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mileswmathis.com/king.pdf
mileswmathis.com/cobain.pdf
theguardian.com/film/2006/oct/05/news1
youtu.be/G8pptpmkHXg
collativelearning.com/the shining - chap 4.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2_MKC5tLB9Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Imagine you're wildly popular but critically deficient writer who's novel gets picked up by one of the best directors ever. He changes parts of it to suit the artform and turns it into an enduring classic

butthurt jealousy at being outstaged and being forced to recognize his lack of importance to literature

that shining miniseries is the funniest shit ever

probably thinks a pedo scene should of been added

because someone vastly improved one of his best known stories and unintentionally exposed him as a hack in the process

Why does he look like he's about to drop the best shooter of the 90's?

Attached: carmack and romero.png (725x725, 630K)

He was dealing with alcoholism with Jack Torrance being his self insert so it probably struck a nerve.

Its partly this and mostly . Today I happened to see the Simpsons Halloween opening made by Guillermo Del Toro a while back. Near the beginning there is a homage to King, where both him and Bart are writing the "All work.." line all over the classroom. Problem is, King never wrote that in the book. That was a Kubrick invention, which goes to show that when people think of King's work, they are inevitably going to think The Shining movie first and all the things he actually wrote last.

Basically, dude is butt blasted that someone else made his work better and more popular, doing in one movie what hes tried to do his entire literary career (make something good).

>FAS
>Coke Addict
>Alcoholic
>Bad writer
>Made Maximum Overdrive
The guy is obviously mentally challenged. Don't bother trying to understand the opinions of that deranged man.

PS: I know he's very popular, but that doesn't mean his writing is good.

I don't think he's too bothered by it because multiple classics have been made, even the Running Man is a classic in the 'Battle Royale' subgenre.
>Basically, dude is butt blasted that someone else made his work better and more popular, doing in one movie what hes tried to do his entire literary career (make something good)
The Stand is a good novel.

Who remembers this fucking masterpiece?

Attached: langoliers01.gif (848x642, 375K)

The Stand is a disjointed meandering slog. It's better than his later work to be sure but only due to the small gems hidden in the giant turd of a book.

this. He absolutely is a fucking hack.

>be trapped in a different dimension flying man eating creatures.
I liked it

>reading the unedited version

tried to watch 11.22.63, terrible

I do. It ran a few times on my local tv in the 90s as I recall. Can't remember the name tho
>Wait, that was King?

You really think King who’s the most adapted author in history is jealous? I could see that if The Shining was his only hit book. But he’s had countless. His adaptions have won Oscar’s.

King’s beef has always been as mentioned, Jack’s story arc mirrored in King’s drug addiction. Jack was supppsed to be a good guy turned bad by demons but King just thought Nicholson's Jack was an asshole from the beginning

He hated the movie version of Wendy because he thought she was a misogynistic character, and said Jack had no character development.

just like him, so whats the problem

stop projecting, retard

It's possibly one of the worst 'horror' movies ever made. Not one second of it was scary or entertaining. Kubricucks will defend it, though

Attached: 1548113722332.jpg (1024x1012, 75K)

you mean just like everything stephen king has ever written?

because the movie styled his ass and he got butthurt

>Not one second of it was scary or entertaining. Kubricucks will defend it, though
I agree that it isn't scary but that is a very gay opinion user. I fucking love marveling at that beautiful hotel when I watch it and the bar scene is based.

Are you people just butthurt about how incredibly popular his shit was. Sorry nobody likes your cringe real literature.

Attached: 1416777593912.jpg (769x544, 178K)

There's also the fact that King wrote a screenplay for the movie and Kubrick refused to read it. No one ever points out the guy who wrote A Clockwork Orange was so upset by his adaptation in the play version there's a scene where they kill Kubrick.

he referenced the shining movie in tommyknockers (and himself) wtf

You're right that it isn't scary, but it is still an entertaining movie.

Kubrick didn't really change a lot though

>Nicholson's Jack was an asshole from the beginning
I agree with this though. It's a beautiful movie, but I've never cared less about characters in a movie than in The Shining.

But kubrick was calling jack a pedo

Attached: 1560427466317.png (892x498, 961K)

The chick in the bathtub is scary and I don't get creeped out by horror media often.

actually valid criticism but I still love the movie

The Stand ends because of a LITERAL deus ex machina that renders everything else in the book near pointless. It builds up and builds up and builds up and you get hyped and hyped and hyped, and then King just shits on the page.

...Pet Sematary was phenomenal though.

He did though
>Turned hedge animals into a maze
>Croque mallet into huge axe
>Boiler isn't a concern in the movie at all except for one scene
>movie ends on that photo showing Jack was always there, hotel doesn't blow up
>Book does a time skip with an older Danny at a graduation or something with Wendy and Halloran and he sees Jack's ghost in the crowd
Those are the only things I remember from the book that differ from the movie.

king absolutely can not write endings. He spent decades writing the Dark Tower series only to have it end with a literal non-ending.

He's just mad that Kubrick is a better writer then he is.

He's also probably a pedophile.

Like clockwork.
The movie is a disgrace when compared to the book, especially the random changes. Why was Ullman turned into just some regular dude instead of a rude manlet? Why was Tony turned into some finger fag instead of living in Danny's head?

Attached: abouttolaugh.png (365x448, 284K)

Based

I stopped caring what he thinks a long time ago. I read about the Shining sequel he shit out, it's hilariously bad.

King was good - good, not great - up through It. After that, it's 10 pages of worthwhile story and 400 pages of utter shit.

Once I read Straub's Ghost Story, I learned what GREAT horror fiction is.

One of Kubricks worst films

i only read REAL literature

Attached: modern american women.jpg (1464x1054, 348K)

All these delusional Kubrick fanboys.

The movie had potential, unfortunately Kubrick threw most of the story away and what resulted is basically a generic slasher flick. The symbolism is there, but only properly understood with the aid of the source material. Not the marker of a quality adaption.

It has its moment, though a classic it is not.

t. Saw it for the first time as an adult

No movies are scary faggot. It's objectively a great film

>basically a generic slasher flick
Only one "person" dies and at the very end. Do you know what generic means?

>its not scary
worst """opinion""" on any horror

King is a talentless hack with an axe to grind

Wow, you are a fucking moron.

>generic slasher flick
It's more psychological than that. It's left unclear if the hotel was messing with him or if Jack was just nuts.

It's undeniably a ghost story -- Grady lets Jack out of the freezer

>The intelligence of Kingfans.

I remember, user. I remember.

He's a tv and film retard that hates any good adaptations of his shitty books. He legit thought Under The Dome was good

he also liked the last season of GoT kek

Because he's a hack. Even the worst King movie adaptation is better than his shit books. He's nothing bot quantity over quality, snort a bunch of cocaine and start writing, that's all he does.

Yeah, other people's reworking of his ideas have won awards. You're not exactly making a case for his brilliance here, lol. And, there's just as many SHIT movies based on his books, as good.
King wrote easy to use potboilers that people would buy to read on a plane or the beach. He's the Dan Brown of horror, it's shallow mainstream crap. Remember that piece of shit, The DaVinci Code, that everyone was sperging out over? Dreck. Poorly written shit - and he's in good company with King.
King is pissed because he's a cunt. He's always been a cunt. People from Maine usually are.

That ending would have been kino if he continued writing tower books from different attempts

Don't be Ridiculous

i always thought people with your opinion were full fo shit until i read his b material like the girl who loved tom gordon and the regulators
jesus christ what garbage

Barry Lyndon, A Clockwork Orange, Lolita, 2001.

Kubrick was also way literate than King will ever be. King should be grateful Kubrick even decided to touch his junior high level attempts at literature.

Attached: 41NenWMjAQL.jpg (325x500, 22K)

Also, he still thinks The Dark Tower movie was good, when even Ron Howard who made it said they shouldn't have done it. I will never forget the shitty end to that series along with his "fuck you, it's my book fuck you" warning he put into that last volume.

Heeeey

>hates the regulators
Based
That wasn't my only criticism
@116833395
gr8 b8 m8

The Shining was one of King's earliest novels, when he was still blossoming into his career, when he was still ashamed of his material and harbored hopes of being a "Great American Writer." He was an alcoholic who was unsure of himself as a father, and through The Shining made blatant attempts to justify himself and his behavior.

Kubrick, not giving two ounces of a fuck about King's self-indulgence, recognized that the character was simply a piece of shit all around, dumped on King's delusions, and made one of the most critically acclaimed horror films of all time, which to King was an unsettling reflection upon his true self.

Kubrick threw up a glimpse into this Skeletor-looking faggot's soul. He's been straight shook ever since.

Because Kubrick took a mediocre book and made it Kino.

>inb4 you never read the book you fukken wigger
No, i've read. And it's mediocre, even when compared to King's other books, still mediocre.

Ironically King wrote a sellout hollywood ending to the shining so he can get more movie deals to fuel his drug habit. He wrote it like spielberg would have with hedge animals going apeshit and a huge boiler room explosion. Cringe as fuck. Kubrick toned it down to just wendy having hallucinations and that pissed king off. King thought his hollywood adaptation career was finished and he's such an egotistical stubborn mulefag that to this day he can't acknowledge that kubrick's vision was actually good.

Attached: Topiary_animals.jpg (600x322, 46K)

What the fuck is wrong with his face. Each individual feature doesn't look wrong by itself, but his face as a whole just looks all wrong to me.

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

Attached: cocaine is a hell of a drug.jpg (769x513, 19K)

>Reading an edited version

The inverse magnification of the glasses are making his eyes look a lot smaller than they actually are, whic throws the rest out of proportion

I liked Salem's Lot

Why does he look like a Who from Whoville

Didn’t see it but the book was pretty good. You should give it a read if you haven’t already.

The last new SK adaptation I tried to watch was Under the Dome, about 30 seconds into the first episode they reveal the main character was a hitman or assassin and he's burying a body in the woods, when in the book he was just a military vet. Dropped it right then & there.

I had a crush on the blind girl as a child.

Clearly the creators and writers of Rick and Morty

>it's not scary

Attached: images.png (293x172, 9K)

>Why this bitch ass nigga think
Go back to school, Tyrone.

It isn't though. The Shining relaxes me because the hotel is so beautiful.

The funniest thing about the whole affair was that Kubrick mistakingly saw something deeper in King's works and phoned him to talk about it and when King undoubtedly came across as the normie brainlet he is Kubrick started trolling him and King still thinks Kubrick was a weirdo instead of recognizing Kubrick was just trying to reach out to what he accidentally thought was a kindred spirit and was disgusted when he realized what King.

Honestly, King is too stupid to be jealous. Like a dog who bites you for reaching for his bone.

>Playgirl

a gay pedo lol

>A Clockwork Orange
Anthony Burgess also disliked Kubrick’s adaptation.

because Kubrick made a silk purse out of a sows butthole.

King can't write an ending to save his life.

was he also molesting his son like Jack Torrance?

I think he was, and did.

It's comfy-spoopy. I like to play it in the background while I'm on /x/.

Attached: 250x10313.jpg (250x437, 14K)

>Jack was supppsed to be a good guy turned bad by demons but King just thought Nicholson's Jack was an asshole from the beginning
so why didnt he write that book instead of writing the shining?

>I read about the Shining sequel he shit out, it's hilariously bad.
the ONLY semi okayish part was the THUNDER 5

People liked Kubrick's movie better as well.

Attached: clockwork-orange.jpg (330x495, 58K)

>Kubrick threw most of the story away and what resulted is basically KINO
FIXD 4 U

Just here to say Rebecca Ferguson makes my dongus more mongus.

Attached: rebecca ferguson.png (1337x771, 835K)

he would have fucking ruined it.

>you know who should play the lead in my psychological horror series? that guy from a middling sitcom no-one will remember in 20 years

Attached: 91LHBFcy0rL._RI_.jpg (2560x1920, 962K)

she needs a hat

Yeah that "He's possessed but dads still in der" bit was retarded.

That was my thought in 6th grade while using a Pentium 2 Processor with MMX technology.

King has been upfront whenever a film is better than his work. He's said numerous times the film Carrie is better than what he wrote.

The Shining is just a shitty film.

Fuck you wings was kino

Fuck you, pleb. Wings was amazing.

Leave Wings out of this

he said that because the money was already in the bank, and he got tv residuals.

>You really think King who’s the most adapted author in history is jealous?

Lol he runs on name recognition. Guy tried writing under a different name and failed horribly, the reviews that sucked his dick panned all his stuff.

Guy knows he's a name.

I love how bitter Kubrick fans are over King because he disliked their film. A hundred years from now people will still be reading King's work.

Wingsmind

Rofl not really. The Bachman stuff had already garnered a small cult following with one critic saying "This is what King would write if King could write".

Did Carrie really differ from his book? And wasn't Carrie one of his earliest books?

ur crazy if you think kings "work" will outlive Stanley Kubrick's. he's a pop fluff mcdonalds mofo

>with one critic saying "This is what King would write if King could write".
>kings writing is so samey, people can call it when they see it

Carrie was his first novel.

The Shining was one of his earliest books as well.

Carrie was generally faithful although they made a number of changes like the mother's death and the grave scene at the end.

He also said the ending to The Mist film was better than what he wrote and that he wished he had come up with it first. So the idea that King is too proud to admit that a filmmaker could best him is just Kubrick wank.

embarassed

Because he's the most overrated writer of the 20th ce .... ever?

>>Book does a time skip with an older Danny at a graduation or something with Wendy and Halloran and he sees Jack's ghost in the crowd
Wut? I read the book several months ago. There was no such sequence.

Ah, just wiki-ed it and apparently there was such a sequence, just not in the publication I read:

>Originally, there was a prologue titled "Before the Play" that chronicled earlier events in the Overlook's history, as well as an epilogue titled "After the Play", though neither remained part of the published novel.[14] The prologue was later published in Whispers magazine in August 1982, and an abridged version appeared in the April 26–May 2, 1997 issue of TV Guide to promote the then-upcoming miniseries of The Shining. The epilogue was thought to have been lost, but was re-discovered in 2016 as part of an early manuscript version of the novel. Both "Before the Play" and "After the Play" were published as part of the Deluxe Special Edition of The Shining by Cemetery Dance Publications in early 2017.

Rofl King is one of the most influential horror writers this century. Only buttblasted Kubrick fans think his stuff won't go down in history.

good until the end, like all of king's work
except Thinner, that's great

Can someone explain to me what it means that “JK Rowlings readers inevitably grow up to become Stephen King readers”?

>people only shit talk king because they defend Kubrick
>it's not that king being a whiney bitch about the most famous adaption had anything to do with it

He's an idiot that's quick to drop his opinion on anything he doesn't know. It doesn't surprise me when something so unfaithful got under his skin.

their novels are easy to read schock that pretends to be something deeper than it is, not to mention loved by normalfaggots

Stephan king is a name a lot of people know. People that don't want to do much research probably just look up his books and start reading.

I don’t know whether to believe this conspiracy theorist or not, but his theory about King is that he isn’t actually ghe writer of the Stephen King books, and that the books are ghost written.
This could explain why King couldn’t answer deep questions about the books he wrote.
mileswmathis.com/king.pdf

Coincidentally, this other bit was mentioned in a paper by Mathis in Kurt Cobain, and concerned another major horror writer from the same period as King, so it might be related.
>In the 1990's, Kramer teamed up with Penn Jillette to form the band Captain Howdy, named after the demon that possessed Linda Blair in The Exorcist. This is a red flag because the author of The Exorcist, William Peter Blatty, was head of the Policy Branch of the USAF Psychological Warfare Division after WW2. Since the PWD was staffed from the OSS, and since the OSS was the precursor to the CIA, we have our CIA link here. Also in the 1950's Blatty worked for the US Information Agency, which specialized in foreign propaganda. With the writing of The Exorcist, he was transferred to domestic propaganda. So you see that with the band Captain Howdy, we once again have agents referencing eachother.
>It is also curious to find Blatty as not only the screenwriter for The Exorcist, but also as producer. It is pretty much unheard of for the author of a book to become the producer of the film based on the book. You will say the book sold so well Blatty had the bags of cash a producer needs, but the book didn't sell well until after the film came out. To me this indicates Blatty was a very well placed spook.
I think it was on page 11.
mileswmathis.com/cobain.pdf

It's the Kubrick fans who are the most buttblasted over King.

everyone's gay in Castle Rock

The Shining is massively overrated but Stephen King is talentless garbage

I READ ALL 1000 PAGES OF THE STAND JUST TO HAVE GOD COME DOWN TO BLOW UP THE BAD GUYS WITH A NUKE THAT A COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED SIDE CHARACTER BROUGHT TO THE VILLAIN FOR A DEUS EX MACHINA BECAUSE HE GOT BORED OF WRITING THAT SHIT

FUCK YOU STEPHEN KING

A reminder that Stephen King books are like Harry Potter for adults.

JUST MAD HE GOT K U B R I C K E D .COM

ENTIRELY DIFFERENT IQ LEVEL, PLEBS GET DABBED ON :^)

>tfw King received the National Medal of Arts in 2015
>tfw Kubrick is dead and rotting
>tfw during Kubrick's last film he was bossed around by Tom Cruise like a little bitch

Attached: Stephen_King_&_Barack_Obama.jpg (2999x1999, 3.71M)

The shinning has plot holes and other weird things that don’t get explained, but it’s also creepy, and scary, and fullfills many of ghe requirements people have of horror films.
It’s also on a number of lists of best horror films, so I’d say it’s NOT a Shitty film.

Neck yourself, King, The Shining is overrated mediocre shit, deal with it.

King is allowed to be wrong and so are you for that matter

The Shining book is on nearly every exhaustive list of top horror novels but that doesn't stop Kubrickfags from crying about it

>I'm calling the shots around here, Kubrick. Lick my balls.

Nah king is a dumb cunt with everything.

Whoops forgot pic

Kubrick cried to R. Lee Ermey about it later

What a faggot

Attached: ace8be3b82a64f3aa5ac67f1ce06156c.jpg (1024x676, 112K)

This fucker wrote Rose Madder and Tommyknockers

Burgess was also a bit of a hack.

>"Stanley called me about two weeks before he died," Ermey told Radar Online. "We had a long conversation about Eyes Wide Shut. He told me it was a piece of shit and that he was disgusted with it and that the critics were going to have him for lunch. He said Cruise and Kidman had their way with him - exactly the words he used."

>He said Cruise and Kidman had their way with him

theguardian.com/film/2006/oct/05/news1

OH NO NO NO

LOOK AT THIS KEK

LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH

Attached: stanley-kubrick.jpg (618x412, 37K)

>tfw you have your way with stanley kubrick

Attached: 14-tom-cruise.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 106K)

>teenage rapist psychopaths grow out of it eventually lmao
Burgess pls

AUTHORS ALL MAD KUBRICK SHOWED THEM UP

NOTHING NEW, KUBRICKED!

Yea Forums ON SUICIDE WATCH, KUBRICK IS /OURGUY/
KING OF Yea Forums&FILM

Attached: DlMoRVTW4AApXVY.jpg (917x1200, 268K)

K

I actually just finished reading the Shining for the first time, and it kinda sucks. There is no subtlety to it all. Everything gets run over and over, and it takes away from what little horror there is to be had.

In the book the overlook is a literal BOO RAAAWR boogeyman. It “dies” yelling “noooooo!” It’s origins are not fully explained, but we get info about who/what most of the ghosts are about and it takes away all the intangible horror you find in the film. Bathtub woman was some ugly woman who chased bellhops, the mafia killed some people there, dogsuit guy is a fag who entertained rich weirdos.

The only thing that I feel could’ve been more pronounced in the movie is Jack’s past failings so it makes it clearer why he feels so insistent to stay at the overlook.

Did I tell you to stop blowing me

Attached: 9fb97f65469d3cc59423362d7861ec36.jpg (800x1061, 121K)

Well the main reason Kubrick thought King was smarter than he was is due to the scenes in the book where Jack researches the Overlooks past and there's a theme of business magnates and presidents staying in the same room mobsters and other criminals stayed in. One could interpret that as symbolic to the US government (crooks and politicians sleep in the same bed, which Kubrick knew was true) or that King was implying the Overlook was creating connections between such powerful and evil folks. But as always, it was just a lucky idea whose significance escaped its own author. King wrote it to mean nothing more than
>Hmm I need signify how upscale this hotel is...and what's more upscale than a president! Mobsters too! Yeah because I can include murder photos! Delivishly scary Stephen!

How can one be so fuckin based?

Attached: kubrick-stanley-001-dmitri-kasterine-portrait-hands-in-hair-with-arriflex.jpg (1000x1376, 342K)

All the adaptations are better and more artful than his books (except that shitty BLACKED remake of The Dark Tower). Have you read the book ending to this one? Its completely fucking retarded

Attached: UnripeObeseIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif (500x353, 1.87M)

I read the book, it was ok and Kubricks film was literally the closest anyone could ever get to adapting it.

>[Ermey] described the film-maker [Kubrick] as a "shy, timid" man who was effectively bullied by his stars, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! This goes against EVERYTHING ever written about Kubrick. Such utter bullshit. Watch the Leon Vitali doc, FILMWORKER for more info about Kubrick being a demanding sob. Ermey was probably just fucking with the writer.

He can bully Shelley Duvall but an alpha chad like Cruise will break him in two

"HAVING THEIR WAY" MEANS HE ONLY FORCED THEM TO DO 95 TAKES INSTEAD OF 100 LMAO

KUBRICK IS BASED AS FUCK

Attached: KUBRICKED.COM.jpg (684x693, 157K)

IT and Pet Sematary are much better books

>I don’t know whether to believe this conspiracy theorist or not

Well right off the hop he says king penned his first novel in 1973 (which is false, king submitted stories to magazines before then and had already written many of the stories he would later publish) so he clearly is obfuscating or hasn't even done his basic homework. Then he careens right into the Zion conspiracy and says there have been almost no real writers since 1899, implying 99% of everything written since then has been written by ghost writers.

>Starting in the early 1900s, IBM kicked its chaos machine into high gear, and that could only be accomplished by a complete takeover of literature by the Langley writing committees...

This is poltard gold but it can be thoroughly placed in the quack essays category.

I blew so many loads fantasizing that crystal bernard was my texasfu

Attached: Crystal-Bernard-Nude-Sexy-Slumber-Party-Massacre-II-1987-TheFappeningBlog.com-2.jpg (1000x533, 69K)

>AT&T, Texaco, and other various organisations and brands have accepted awards for "art" along with many hacks with the occasional talent
So this awards means jack shit and not surprisingly there have been no more when Trump took office.

King is known for being a low-tier writer though
the kind of stuff you pick up in an airport bookstore but leave in the back of the seat at the end of the flight

Tom loved working with Kubrick. Nice revisionism, KingReddit

UNCLE STEPHEN SAID MY MOVIE IS BETTER

Attached: E0982EE4-1660-48C8-9B4F-C3D0DC51DFE4.jpg (320x240, 48K)

>hated The Shining
>loved The Dark Tower
King is a literal retard.

>I don't think he's too bothered by it
King was shitting on Kubrick in the book released last year.
He'll die mad.

KING IS A BORDERLINE BRAINLET WHO SPAMS TOTAL TRASH AND GETS LUCKY ONCE IN A WHILE

KUBRICK WAS A TOTAL GENIUS AND EVERYTHING HE DID WAS A METICULOUS MASTERPIECE

Attached: mfw a kubes joint.jpg (736x820, 97K)

I have not read all of SK's books but every one that I've read has relied on Deus ex Machina to end.

My opinion is that he writes good stories but can't end a book to save himself.

>Rofl King is one of the most influential horror writers this century.
A victory, indeed.
People won't remember King in 40 years, just like they won't remember Dan Brown.

Dan wrote one controversial book and nothing else of note. King has been one of the most influential writers in the genre for decades. Anyone who thinks that he’ll be forgotten is an idiot.

horror literature is even more trash of a genre than horror cinema

>the chad Cruise and virgin Kubrick

Attached: 3916177C-F6F9-4900-B593-D9F0647A61A6.jpg (500x400, 48K)

Because he is extremely fucking autistic and was sóy before sóy was a thing. Everything from him except his books is cringe as fuck.

Shame how badly that film fucked over shelly duvall, she was a qt

>tfw bitchboy Kubrick died at 70 of a heart attack while you're still alive at 71 despite being a massive cokehead

Attached: xstephen-king.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jKMTLCxstl.jpg (450x450, 35K)

How did it fuck her over? Also she looks like a bug.

>King has been one of the most influential writers in the HORROR genre for THE DECADES THAT PRODUCED LITTLE TO NO VALUE.

king is a tasteless faggot. he's just butthurt that kubrick was able to take his conventional horror novel for mainstream consumption and make it into something actually interesting.

he bullied her and caused her hair to fall out

kubrick likes to bully women because alpha males put him in his place

Attached: shelley-duvall-then-now.jpg (1080x720, 144K)

>let me put a chapter before the end to explain I don't know how to finish the story
Ladies, that is Stephen King for you.

>tony
transistion from a text based medium to a visual based one

Fuck, now she'll always remind me of D'Vorah from Mortal Kombat

Attached: mortal-kombat-11-dvorah-fatality-gameplay-0.jpg (1280x720, 685K)

Damn she was such a lo-fi qt

King hates the movie because Jack is evil and in the book Jack is a self insert for King. Book Jack never takes responsibility for his actions and Kubrick btfo of him in the movie.

Wings was actually pretty good. Similar to Newsradio, some of those 'middling sitcoms' were actually well-written/well-performed and get too much shit today because of the laugh track.

Bugs are cute, fuck you.

He's told the same story about Kubrick calling him in the middle of the night asking him about believing in god which he's changed a handful of times.

give someone examples of plotholes and things not explained?

>bugs are cute
you're weird and gay

The Shining is a mainstream movie though.

You obviously dont know shit about King. He is proud that his work is run of the mill genre fiction for the everyman. He says he hates pretentious writers who act like they're great artists and he says if you need to use a thesaurus you arent writing truthfully. King was just too alpha for a fruity theater fag like Kubrick

>All work..
wtf I swear I read that in the book...... probably about 15 years since I read it though

Here’s johnny, all work, blood elevator.. none of that is in the book

The film and the book are both great but in different ways. I think it's fair that King (and some others) don't like it because the book does some things better, but on the other hand the film does some other parts better as well.

yeah I knew about Here's Johnny and the blood lift, but the "all work...." text seems like exactly the thing King would come up with.... oh well

He does? Is there a tweet?

Daily reminder that Kubrick won a Razzie Award (the first year ever given) for his directing for the Shining.

He’s also a faggot and so are you

Based Kubrick making the movie more accurate. King is an asshole.

This is an anecdote you can tell kids along with “Einstein failed math, you know”

HI DANNY

Attached: tony.jpg (839x479, 73K)

Hi Stephen

Stephen King is a horse's arse, I agree, but you gotta be a buttblasted Faggot to not like the Stand's Deus Ex. In fact it wasn't a deus ex, you silly little goose; the old lady was in talks with her maker and we knew the man in black was a demon. How you didn't see the ending shows you up for being an idiot. As I said I don't like King anymore because he's such a faggy sog tofu little bitch.

I still remember the "Is that a 747 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" joke.

he's a democrat shill

KING JUST MAD CUS HE GOT OUTSKILLED FUCKING HARD LMAO

Attached: 1444421435098.jpg (624x315, 35K)

Kubrick treated every production like a chess game where he had to prove his intellectual domination over his opponent by reforming it in his own image. This is why Lolita is his only real failure—something that he seemed to try to atone for with the overt sexuality of Eyes Wide Shut.

Underrated post

I've read King and I appreciate him for what he is.

I also think any fiction writer who thinks of themselves as a craftsman for the everyman rather than contributing to the great continuum of discussion that art can partake in is lying to himself and total fucking hack and is going to be triggered when a Kubrick comes along and reveals his shortcomings/"everyman" stylings

this is pretentious in it's desired lack of pretense

hack writer get over it he's still one of the best hack writers in the biz. he's entertaining

He has changed his opinion about The Shining though. He didn’t like the movie at the time but says that he appreciates it now. Of course, the period when The Shining was made was also the time when King was constantly coked our, so maybe it just didn’t have enough monster trucks for him.

I don’t even get this. In the book Tony is always described as being off in the distance and hard to make out. I don’t even recall him ever floating either. He’s also like roughly 14.

I remember hearing that this was the reason Stephen King hated the movie. He did not like being accused of being a child molester (even though he very clearly is).

Kubrick and his cowriter on the screenplay repeatedly trashed the novel as poorly written and not at all a great work of art. He picked it because it had a good story and some good imagery and also because he felt that by picking a weaker novel he would feel more free to change things (seriously, the woman whom he co-wrote the screenplay with was a novelist whose work he was also considering adapting, but he told her that he ended up picking The Shining because it was inferior to her book)

I'm sure King knew all this and it hurt his feelings, especially since he's got a wildly over inflated ego and thinks he's the second coming of Edgar Allen Poe or whatever

No.

Stephen King is no literary genius but he is a master storyteller. 2deep4u faggots dislike him, but true Yea Forums fags appreciate him for what he is.

This is half-true.
This is like, one-quarters true.

I like King, I think he's actually good a pretty good writing ethic, save for the fact he lacks a filter. Kinda George Lucas-y, tends to get hung up in his own bullshit. Every story he's ever written has one too many ideas battling for your attention.
What Kubrick did well was taking all the bullshit out of The Shining, leaving what works as well as plenty of blanks for the audience to fill for themselves. Sure, might be more "pretentious" that way, but it makes for a much more evocative movie.

Attached: 1487710820032.jpg (900x675, 85K)

Based.
The Shining film is literally better and more influential than anything King has ever done.

because the distance between his nose and his mouth is almost the same as from his mouth to his chin.

hehehe

Misery is the best thing he wrote and the best movie based on his work. This will not be revoked.

No discernible talent.

Any author that thinks he needs to dumb things down for his audience is a fraud. True artists, like Nabokov for instance, aren't afraid of creating challenging, elusive art.

You've always been a pedo, sir. Always.

I enjoy his stories, but I agree they can drag on for too long. Such as the book about Kennedys murder, I enjoyed it but it was longer than needed imo.
His short stories are probably what I enjoy the most, and I remember that TV adaption of one of his short story collections being decent. Nightmares and dreamscapes maybe it was called?

I've never read the book versions of the shining, IT, the mist I'll admit. Maybe I'll do it. But to repeat myself - I think he excells at his short stories. I'm unsure what the reason is for that though. But maybe it partly is that it's better writing a shorter more contained story than a long one for him.

>That was a Kubrick invention, which goes to show that when people think of King's work, they are inevitably going to think The Shining movie first and all the things he actually wrote last.
Chad Kubrick

Narcissism

>Puts kids having sex in basically everything he writes
>"Whoa!! I'm not a pedo though"

He didn't like it for personal reasons based on the Jack character. I thought this was well established and beyond understandable really, he feels the movie missed the point.
I never liked it anyways, though I never read the book.

>for what he is
WHICH IS PLEBSHIT LMAO

Attached: 661112_ra410.jpg (2560x1703, 1.05M)

I think the main problem is his editors, he's too famous for his own good at this point and his editors are scared to scrap too much of his meanderings.

Burgess didn't even like his own book.

The Movie was boring

*croquet mallet to grind

Many of his shorter books are great too. Some of his Bachman stuff is pretty good, the Long Walk is a personal favourite of mine.

I remember reading somewhere that Stephen King actually wrote a screenplay for The Shining and that Kubrick basically threw it away, which is why King became so assblasted.

Attached: 1434131772220.png (256x256, 26K)

Its a terrible book except for the one chapter where people do dumb shit when left alone, like the druggie finding his dealers stash and the kid falling down a well. That single chapter always stuck with me.

>gets scared by an industrial laundry press
>writes story a laundry press with a TASTE FOR HUMAN BLOOD!!
bravo king, masterful

Did anyone watch this? Is it any good?

Attached: 1*-GBUzW1TEhVswJsjnTqLWw.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

youtu.be/G8pptpmkHXg

Kubrick’s Lolita wasn’t very good.

Maybe because he thought stuffing your nose with cocaine and drinking a lot were a good idea?

Attached: Based Kubrick.jpg (2000x1000, 1002K)

Yeah Shawshank is a great movie too
>highly succesful man is cheated on by his wife
>said wife dies; husband is trialed and convcted for murder
>goes to prison, gets raped
>serves severaly years until he escapes
One of the saddest stories in cinema , imo it cant be a coincidence that many of his books are adapted

Interesting that, in the film adaptation of Misery, not sure if it's in the book, the Annie Wilkes goes on a rant about her short movies endings being fucky like that.

>It's not fair!
>They've just cheated us!
>HE DIDN'T GET OUT OF THE COCK-A-DOODIE CAR!!
>etc. etc.

God I miss R. Lee Ermey.

>Honey...come on over here sugar buns

>This thread just called me an asshole

Attached: maximum overdrive atm.png (1637x864, 1.12M)

Any award recieved during the Obama admin gets an asterisk.

>two actors in their peak bully Kubrick who was so fucking old he died shortly after the release
>Kingtards literally crying for Tom Cruise
Yikes. That still doesnt change the fact the pedo cokehead got BTFO years ago.

Probably because he looks like a rapist.

>book is about a recovering alcoholic in a spooky hotel
>Kubrick fills it with subtext about child molestation, the slaughter of Native Americans, Satanic imagery, the Rothschilds and Illuminati, and clues that he helped fake the moon landing, he consciously insulted Stephen King by turning the latter's self-insert into an irredeemable asshole suggesting that Stephen King himself is an irredeemable asshole, and the purposefully impossible layout made a Doom map maker commit suicide after going insane trying and failing to replicate it
What the fuck was Stanley Kubrick's problem?

Attached: 1400967685797.jpg (875x338, 53K)

Aside from the window in Ullman's office what else was structurally impossible

>and the purposefully impossible layout made a Doom map maker commit suicide after going insane trying and failing to replicate it
lol what?

>made a Doom map maker commit suicide after going insane trying and failing to replicate it

elaborate?

What was he trying to tell us with this shot? Was he warning us about their influence or bragging?

why do you niggers always have to add onto discussion of subtext or even literal text "the Rothschilds and Illuminati" like do you actually find it impossible to not include your schizo bogeymen in every piece of media you consume?

this unironically scared me as a kid
not the laughable 90's CGI, but the vague ideas of being trapped in a lifeless parallel world

All of this is Room 237 tier bullshit, aside from the Native Americans, the structure of the hotel and subtle references to child abuse. What's next you're going to say he was also dropping redpills on the holocaust because Jack said the 3 little pigs line and that somehow connects to nazis kicking down Jew doors?

stephen king is rl stein tier but with a greater capacity to shit in mass volume. the dude writes stories about killer dogs and space clowns. he sucks

collativelearning.com/the shining - chap 4.html
The biggest offender is that the Gold Room doesn't fit, anywhere.

Attached: colorado lounge 1st floor shrunk.jpg (725x525, 43K)

The first part was kino

King himself admitted that the ending of the Stand sucks, but he got super severe writers block half way through and it was ether squeeze out that wet fart of a ending or scrap the book.

Its why the unedited version spins its wheels for 200 pages once they reach denver.

Being trapped in a vague parallel world sounds comfy.

Would Kubrick be able to adapt any H.P. Lovecraft story? wich one?

what did he say?

Yeah and he somehow makes that shit entertaining, that takes talent.

Agree. It was a different time. Imagine if he directed it in 1972 instead.

Attached: 5128p5q6qnL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (344x499, 31K)

>giant drider

Attached: 1435031946332.jpg (1536x983, 364K)

strictly speaking that line's an old proverb and not a wholly new "kubrick invention." it's use in the film is certainly kubrick's idea and is probably better than any scene in the novel.

His eyes are too close together and he has a huge nasal-labial troth.

Hey man, rl stine at least knows his audience.

Its not even a parallel world. It is hard to explain but that world is the past but not the past like every other time travel media where it is things that happened before. Think of it like a film reel. The movie keeps going but what happens to the picture that has already played? It is frozen in time and over but it still exists. The characters somehow got knocked out of the timeline and landed on this piece of the past. They could still interact with things there and all the laws of physics and all that still applied but it was over and done. The langoliers eat the past. They eat everything that exists in that section of time that has ended.

youtube.com/watch?v=2_MKC5tLB9Q

>Kubrick is very original

THIS WAS ANCIENT TV SPAM, ALONG WITH HAWKEYE FROM MASH SPAM

THINK ITS EVEN PRE CAPTCHA

Now she's literally insane. It's sad what happened to her in the years following The Shining.

lock your mongoloid self in an attic for 20 years, you too will develop some modicum of writing aptitude even if your concepts are weak as fuck
'true, forgive me rl stein for the unflattering comparison

He returned the favor when he adapted Von Trier

>No one ever points out the guy who wrote A Clockwork Orange was so upset by his adaptation in the play version there's a scene where they kill Kubrick.

Because people are butthurt about King, so they have to find ways to shit on him, where as Anthony Burgess isn't nearly as prolific due to a lack of pop culture awareness so nobody pays any attention to him beyond sometimes talking about the differences with the ending in the book and the movie. It's always about the fan's being angry at the author in these situations for whatever reason.

>fruity theater fag like Kubrick
This is your mind on capeshit

You are a true cuckold, neck yourself asspie.

>write story about a shitty person going through the same type of problems as you for some cathartic relief redeeming himself
>director comes along and turns your self insert you into an irredeemable piece of shit and casts the creepiest serial killer looking guy that auditioned
Not saying King's right but I understand

horror literature sucks prove me wrong

I mean it's just all coincidental right?
It's not like they're can be flat earth memes about a movie that was made over 30 years ago

Attached: 1545014256353.jpg (500x500, 72K)

>King wrote a screenplay
every single time King had anything to do with a movie outside of source material it's been a disaster
just look at shit like the Stand movie or original IT, trash movies.

The message does have some legitimacy. A lot of people who were wild in their youth do calm down and settle when they get older because you no longer have the energy and you start to take less risks and think about things more deeply. To what degree you calm down is the real question. I mean couple of Alex's fellow gang youth end up being cops, but they're still pretty violent shitheads. They simply no longer run around the city raping and pillaging.

Homage. The word of the day.

The screenplay was legit better when it came to Jacks character and the ending. The directing and special effects however where shit.

>he read the girl who loved tom gordon
you poor, tormented soul. no one should suffer that garbage short story, that he padded out for a buck.

WHO MADE WHO!!!

he only says that if the movie rights give him a few extra points in residuals. he's a jewy bastard like all those fucking inbreds from maine.

TWO THINGS ARE CONCURRENTLY TRUE

MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE IS BASED
AND STEPHEN KING IS AN ASSHOLE, AMONG OTHER THINGS LIKE BEING A PLEB HACK LMAO

And the kid makes it intolerable.

I think he just has extremely bad tastes. He praised the hell out of Dream Catcher when it had came out.

>Barry Lyndon, A Clockwork Orange, Lolita, 2001.
Huh?

Dream Catcher was pretty good aside from the ending.
>that fucking helicopter attack scene
>Duddits was an alien too all along OMG

>He says he hates pretentious writers who act like they're great artists and he says if you need to use a thesaurus you arent writing truthfully.
so he's a self hating pedophile hack writer from maine. so whats your point?

Was kubrick killed by the illuminati?

lol based jacko didnt audition you dumb fuck, he was kubricks first choice

What a faggot.

He should've felt honored and ask him to do the Stand too.

Those scenes with the one dude locked in a cabin that's supposed to be his mind are so well done. Like masterfully so.

Regulators was literally pulled out of Bizarro World. Read Desperation to see our worlds version.

Attached: Stephen-King-Richard-Bachman-Regulators-Desperation-Paperback-Book.jpg (400x400, 37K)

He not really a great writer. Just a very imaginative dude that is a pretty good writer and is insanely prolific. Almost everything he writes no one will publish, he said this himself. The guy doesn't really have what I can only pretentiously think to refer as a discerning eye for art. Plus, movies are totally different from books. Tldr he's just a dude who wants movie to be like his book there's nothing special about him that would say otherwise

He kind of has a point but not really since anyone making a living writing already knows how to write well enough. Must be why he doesn't know how to shore up any of this books they all read like run-on first drafts that meander like crazy.

>thinks he's the second coming of Edgar Allen Poe or whatever
thats his exact self opinion.
his editors have been terrified of him since he starting churning out adaptations in the 80's and people watched them.
the girl dying in the walkin freezer fucked with me. that and lloyd being stuck in the jailcell starving.

I think Kubrick agreed and tried to make EWS into what his Lolita adaptation should've been.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.22.28 AM.png (1559x412, 909K)

I find the Stand entertaining even though I couldn't give a fuck less about the plot. I cared more about all the character interaction than any of the deeper points. I've only seen the miniseries but it seems to have been a really good way to do the book.

Sounds like a cope desu

The decision to give the National Book Foundation's annual award for "distinguished contribution" to Stephen King is extraordinary, another low in the shocking process of dumbing down our cultural life. I've described King in the past as a writer of penny dreadfuls, but perhaps even that is too kind. He shares nothing with Edgar Allan Poe. What he is is an immensely inadequate writer, on a sentence-by-sentence, paragraph-by-paragraph, book-by-book basis.

The publishing industry has stooped terribly low to bestow on King a lifetime award that has previously gone to the novelists Saul Bellow and Philip Roth and to playwright Arthur Miller. By awarding it to King, they recognize nothing but the commercial value of his books, which sell in the millions but do little more for humanity than keep the publishing world afloat. If this is going to be the criterion in the future, then perhaps next year the committee should give its award for distinguished contribution to Danielle Steel, and surely the Nobel Prize for literature should go to J.K. Rowling.

What's happening is part of a phenomenon I wrote about a couple of years ago when I was asked to comment on Rowling. I went to the Yale bookstore and bought and read a copy of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." I suffered a great deal in the process. The writing was dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs." I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing.

Maximum Overdrive was unintentionally amazing

King was sort of revolutionary in the late 70's and the early 80's, but getting off scag and getting hit by a car fucked him up hard, since the early 90's he's written nothing but straight trash.

Stephen King is a MtF transitioning hack from New England.
His writing is meh at best.
Does he have good books? Yes.
Are they all good? No.

Are they scary? Hell fucking no.
Why he is ever referred to as a master of horror is beyond me. Suspense? Maybe.

He's been up his own ass since the mid 80's.
And he's a know nothing when it comes to politics, but since he's a faggot from New England, bumfuck Maine of all places, he thinks he knows shit.

For anyone from new england to claim they know what racism is, is utterly fucking retarded.
There are no niggers or spics in New England, so no """"oppression"""", and no one in New England has ever met a nigger or a spic.

Agreed until they got stuck in the cafe then it turned to shit. Should have ended like a cross between Duel and The Road Warrior.

Attached: PEogw7L.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

King hasn’t wrote a good ending to a book since Salem’s lot and pet semetary

King also said Sons of Anarchy is a good show, so he's basically a fucking moron.

He supposedly has a copy of the first edit with a shit ton more gore. Also some guy lost an eye because he insisted a lawnmower had to have a live blade even though you couldn't see it on camera.

He also liked the last GOT season

>writer of the book likes the version that's true to the story

Who would have thought?!?!?!!

There are plenty of adaptions of his work that he likes more that what he wrote.

and the film is vastly superior to the book, the message is much more important thanks to kubrick cutting out the shitty ending and changing things. i feel bad for these semi-hack writers, they really cant compete with kubrick

I'm Steven King's #1 fan and this whole thread reeks to high heaven of "do I fit in yet" faggotry starring every pleb and kinosaur's first and last favorite director.

We are talking about the Shining though right? You idiot.

You're retarded claim is "of course authors would hate versions of their stories that are told differently from their version" when there are plenty of King adaptions that differ greatly from his source material and he loves them sometimes even more than his original story.

Cousin Larry!!!

I don't claim, son. That's just how things work in the real world.

Mmmmm, gaysed

>I mean couple of Alex's fellow gang youth end up being cops, but they're still pretty violent shitheads. They simply no longer run around the city raping and pillaging.

A lot of the former SS became policeman in West Germany after the war, simply due to being that there were far too many to effectively prosecute.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Guy who made his living writing actual books vs guy who made his living doing nothing but adapting book that other people wrote into the lowest, most mainstream art form

He gave it a lot more depth. Even if it were played totally straight to the book the irony of a society more decadent than Alec ever could be reforming anyone would be staring you dead in the face at the end.

That's like bitching that the grocery store doesn't make the shit they're selling.

No one claims that a grocery store is a creative genius, or that selling groceries is an art form. I kind of get the point you are trying to make but it's not a very good example.

None of them are straight adaptations to begin with.