Is Simon Pegg /our/ guy?

>Obviously I’m very much a self-confessed fan of science-fiction and genre cinema. But part of me looks at society as it is now and just thinks we’ve been infantilized by our own taste. Now we’re essentially all consuming very childish things – comic books, superheroes… Adults are watching this stuff, and taking it seriously!

>It is a kind of dumbing down in a way, because it’s taking our focus away from real-world issues. Films used to be about challenging, emotional journeys or moral questions that might make you walk away and re-evaluate how you felt about… whatever. Now we’re walking out of the cinema really not thinking about anything, other than the fact that the Hulk just had a fight with a robot.

Attached: Tom+Cruise+Simon+Pegg+Mission+Impossible+Ghost+9HsGHjMOC0ql.jpg (594x396, 64K)

>fandom turns on him for the shitty INTO DARKNESS
>da fanbase is le evil

fuck off

Attached: 1514856863072.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Same man that couldn't stop playing Playstation on the set of Spaced.

>fandom

Attached: q5OL30E.jpg (250x174, 5K)

>because it’s taking our focus away from real-world issues.
On the contrary, modern capeshit and other childish forms of entertainment have become the new outlets for immature adults to spout their opinions on real-world issues.

But he's right that things have become dumbed down. It's because the people making this new content are dumbed down too. They lack the nuance and tact of previous content creators. They lack the ability to look at both sides of a debate, instead opting for the attempt at making their own side the objectively correct side.

>plebbitors need to go back to
>>>/Reddit/

Also fuck Simon fagg the alfa hipster sjw

Attached: (((DER REDDITOR))).jpg (1065x1280, 161K)

He keeps trying to run with the hare and hound with the hounds. He needs to shit or get off the pot. If he wants to try writing about adult life - and I don't mean writing about being a self-pitying balding manchild fuck, like World's End, I mean real writing, the kind he's talking about - he has all the opportunity in the world. He could probably fund a Shane Meadows-scale drama from his own personal finances. Nobody's stopping him but him. He should hit the bottle again, he won't be missed.

Someone actually tell me where the lie is instead of trying to attack his character

You're all fucking capecel philistines

I wrote this Now, putting aside the fact that I should have written "hunt with the hounds" instead of "hound with the hounds" (it kind of works, but it's wrong), could you tell me where the indication of liking capeshit is in what I wrote? I haven't watched a superhero movie willingly in 20 years.

This is obviously true, and you just have to take a look at any forum, convention, cinema or basically everywhere people choose to congregate. Never in humanity's history has people had so unlimited access to culture from all over the world, and what do we see? This. Yea Forums. This is a board dedicated exclusively to television and film, and yet it's plain to see how little interest the average poster has in the medium. People pushing 30 consuming fiction recycled from the very same funny pages our parents used to read when they were brats. Fandoms. Some of them even go further and choose to waste hours upon hours of their lives dissing things they have never even seen. Pathetic.

Not that guy, but I can tell you where the indication of you being a butthurt fag is: the moment you tried to pass your whiny rambling as objetive examination of the topic at hand, culminating with your childish desire for his death. Get off that high horse, you moron.

what he said it's true, i agree with that, but i don't like him, so i guess everything he said is bullshit now :/

>Spaced was a criticism of geek culture, not a celebration.

He's been spouting this shit for a while, he built a fanbase and suddenly realized he didn't want to be the British Kevin Smith (not that I blame him) but telling that same fanbase to eat dick for not liking his shitty Star Trek movie is the wrong way to pivot.

This guy made a road trip movie about an alien.

come on, nick frost is not that ugly

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 13K)

Friendly reminder Simon Pegg tried to reinvent himself as a romantic lead but failed miserably. Nutrek literally died with that dude who ran himself over, Edgar Wright is finished with him, all he can do now is beg Tom Cruise to keep making Mission Impossible films.

says the guy who got mad about the star wars prequels and starred in the star trek reboot series and tons of other nerd shit

Attached: Screen_Shot_2015-07-10_at_9.57.42_PM.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 151K)

>complains about childish content
>got famous for doing nothing but childish movies

really makes me think

Attached: 57543.png (469x459, 237K)

I wasn't whining or rambling, I was making an objective examination of the situation. Nobody is stopping him from growing up. He's like an anorexic slam poet complaining about body image. Be the change you wish to see, Mr. Pegg.

Also, I'd like him to die for the same reason I hoped Stan Lee got raped in the nursing home, and hoped Zack Snyder's grief drove him to suicide. There is a thing called evil in the world, and it must be fought, not tolerated. Childishness is one form of evil. These people work to exacerbate this evil. Their deaths would be an absolute good.

>>Spaced was a criticism of geek culture, not a celebration.
It's weird that he knows this now when he didn't seem to know it for most of this century. Did Jessica Hynes text him?

Idk you could say he took childish parody and made it work as grown up action thriller

>grown up action thriller
No action thriller is "grown up", dude.

Is this bitch not dead yet? SLAPHEEEEEEED

The French Connection says you're wrong

I want a podcast with him, nick, and karl talking about the paranormal

Let's check out what's coming in the pipeline.
>The Boys
>The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
>Untitled Star Trek Sequel

OK

No, The French Connection proves my point, it's a 13yo boy's idea of an adult movie.

>stars in nerd shit
>disparages nerd shit
pick one you hypocrite

Pretty much.

It's probably why he drank. Pity he stopped, truly.

I already got my fill of that shit in my teens/early 20s honestly. I was obsessed with "superior" """"deep"""" cinema. At some point I stopped caring about depth and philosophical themes, now I only care about the quality of the writing and filmmaking.

You have no fucking idea what quality is you mongoloid, keep drinking liquid shit and formaldehyde from Stan Lee's rotting anus you fucking clown.

>liquid shit and formaldehyde
It's funny because this is exactly what would drip out of the ass of Stan Lee's cadaver.

He was really into invincible.

No because his Star Trek shitbox of a film did the same thing he's upset over.

Go to the pub, Si.

sneed

isnt this from like 2012
when he got booted from Antman 1

lol
motherfuck lost out on hundred millions

what a bum

says the numale who makes childish movies

everytime somebody makes a ton a money, all of a sudden what made them rich is not cool anymore

get pegged simon

>fandom
fans. fanboys. fandom is such a gay ass cringey tumblrterm

Fandom was the accepted term in the 80s.