Nolan having Tenet trouble

news dot err dot ee/952528/filming-stalemate-continues-as-mayor-says-many-more-road-closures-requested

Filming has barely begun and already the mayor of Tallinn in Estonia has refused major highway closures integral to filming what is said to be the film's 20-minute centrepiece and is refusing to budge after several weeks of negotiation so far. Seems Nolan's crew went out to begin production having been told the agreement was already finalised only to find out it wasn't. Guess you could say they're in limbo.

Meanwhile reports and sneaked photos from extras on set suggest filming is underway at the brutalist Linnahall which is being used for a scene believed to be inspired by the Nord-Orst hostage crisis by Chechen Islamists in Moscow, 2002 that led to nearly 200 hostage deaths (in addition to killing all 40 attackers) after the Russian government put an end to the incident by pumping a still-unidentified-to-this-day nerve agent into the auditorium considering it the least harmful option. There are reports of a young female extra receiving burns from a pyrotechnic device though no articles yet, so unclear how true that part is.

Budget is said to be around $224 million, comfortably reaching towards TDKR in terms of scale. Is he going to be able to sort out the road closure business in time or does not even Nolan have the clout to pull this one through? Reports about it sound like he's aiming for a Matrix Reloaded / Heat level chase/shootout and wants to close the city's main arterial highway for an entire month which the mayor etc. don't want to fuck local business over.

Attached: jz5wizyk.uhn.jpg (1080x608, 142K)

Thats what you get for trying to make a deal with commie

So what's the twist this time around?

nolan hasn't made a good movie in 10 years.
kill yourself dunkirk fags.

>Nolan-directed thriller, "Tenet", were to be filmed in Tallinn was soon met with controversy on the issue of the Warner Bros. production team wanting to close a lengthy stretch of Laagna Tee, a major arterial route linking central Tallinn with the residential district of Lasnamäe, for up to a month.
Based Nolan trying to take city streets for entire months to make true kino

*Nolan has never made a good movie

Estonia as a whole can fuck off, let Nolan deliver his kino.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Based Avengers shill embarrassing himself for our entertainment

will anyone remember his films 10 years after he quits making them?

Nolan is an industry pre production GOD, he literally built half of the Dunkirk set with prisoner work force, made profit out of the Interstellar crop set.

One faggot Estonian mayor can't halt kino.

Fuck off mate, Simple Session is an annual event for us.

It would involve paying that government a significant amount of money, that benefits the country more than the closure of a road would hurt them. Countries also love it when hit movies prominently feature them, New Zealand can thank a lot to LOTR.

The Dark Knight is the favorite film of an entire generation. He can die today and still remain a household name

The Dark Knight is the highest voted movie ever in IMDB and it's been more than a decade since he made it. It's a shame capeshit has never been even close to match it though

Man what happened to cinema?

This is exactly what has his fan forums worried. He's usually known for being so prepared it seems the moment he put his trust into the studio to have basic filming permits sorted out for the locations and times he'd requested, they fucked it and he didn't account for such a basic element of production being screwed up by somebody else. They literally have until July to figure something out and it's already been weeks of negotiations. Some are wondering if he'll just tell them to fuck off and find a different eastern european country to shoot in and take the budget hit. Nolan's Estonian Brexit. His Esxit, if you will.

People were saying the same thing with Spielberg

Difference is the post-Soviet countries got fucked for so long by Hollywood (I think Paramount and Warner Bros didn't get their films sold in home release for like a decade simply because they didn't both to ask for the countries to be included in distribution deals after the Soviet breakup or something?) that while plenty of Estonian film fans would be happy to see a blockbuster filmed in their city same as anywhere else, the Estonian government aren't so easily starstruck as say NZ and LoTR.

Even “””critics””” only watch capeshit these days and can’t sit thru an actual film

Attached: 27754925-F195-44E8-AB84-6D303FBA0C2B.jpg (1936x1936, 234K)

>thru
>Three Billboards flick being "an actual film"
>posted from his soiPhone
yikes x3

>close a main road for a month for some shitty movie

Attached: 1555305502740.webm (1280x720, 467K)

>Simple Session
>once a year
>Nolankino
>once every 2-4 years
Do the right thing, Estonianon

It's a core network corridor, part of the Trans-European Transport Network, the value of road going through that in one day would exceed any amount of money movie producers are willing to throw at the government to shut it down and disrupt the EU's supply chains. Welcome to the real world

well, people need to get to work, if they close the streets like his team wants, majority of people wont get to work, wont get to airport to travel, wont be able to do shit

tallinn's mayor is based this time not a cuckold doing whatever capeshit hollywood demands

*road freight I mean

who cares about wagies and airplane Instagram travel faggots honestly
not based

Christopher Nolan > Estonia

The people and business community of Tallinn presumably. Based Estonian telling Brit capeshiter to fuck off

They would literally just say no if it wasn't a net profit in some way for them. Nolan isn't forcing them to do anything nor could he.

It's not like link between countries became completely severed, they just became more congested. Traffic engineering is far more flexible than you think.

poop of a fentanyl addict > yout

The Virgin Walk

through the forest

Whats the incentive for their government to do so if its not a net profit? Shutting down the most important stretch of infrastructure in a capital city presumably during a business day results in a lot more headache for everyone than just some congestion, businesses local and international are losing money.

i'm sure they'll just bribe the mayor and he'll agree to close the highway. that's what producers are for. he's probably just trying to get more money that they initially agreed.

crashing this movie

Attached: mihhail-kolvart.jpg (700x458, 74K)

I was helping the original guy I was responding to understand roads and other public infrastructure are closed for movies all the time because it tends to be valuable for that government.

I realized my post could be misunderstood as if I was saying Estonia is wrong in this case, which I didn't mean. If Estonia doesn't end up letting him shoot then there's clearly not enough of a benefit for them, but negotiations are currently still underway and may be resolved.

The fuck is an estonia,

Droidbeard spotted^ LOL

Attached: 443135FA-6576-476B-86EE-F1DF14798BA7.jpg (1125x1085, 298K)

>he thinks others are posting here from a phone aswell
man zoomer tourists are really braindead these days

t.truth bomber

>Yea I call the iPhone a soiPhone b-b-but I’m not an incel with an Android I swear!!
LMAO. And I’m not going to shitpost on my work computer, you NEET. Cope

Estonia is now pretty well off because they got to be Mexico to Finland and Sweden, and a lot of stuff that's too expensive to make in Finland or Sweden but too small scale to outsource to China or consumers would turn up their nose and shop elsewhere of it were made in China (a lot of mass-manufactured food) get made in Estonia. They're not so desperately poor that they'd let a Hollywood production shut down a major highway for a month for a few Euros.

Attached: Estonia-nominal-GDP-per-capita.png (1080x1060, 115K)

Looks like they’ve already reached a deal/compromise:

>Allfilm wrote that Nolan's team and the City of Tallinn had reached a point in the planning of filming for "Tenet" that both the showing of Tallinn and Estonia in the film as well as possible inconveniences caused by filming in a major city have been taken into account. Nolan's team had initially requested that Laagna Road be closed to traffic for four weeks of filming, however his team and the city reached a compromise involving temporary road closures and detours which will allow the major artery to remain at least partially open to traffic. "The plan worked out as a compromise will allow us to show Tallinn and Laagna Road in the movie while still taking the needs of city residents into account as much as possible," Allfilm noted.

Source: news.err.ee

>Composer Ludwig Göransson will be writing the score, marking a departure from the director's frequent collaborator Hans Zimmer.
It’s gonna be shit

This has since been proven false, Allfilm were just riffing on speculation on Twitter etc.

>Guess you could say
epic bruh

bump

I find it odd that you can see an outline for what Nolan would look like shirtless in that pic.

The movie isn't good and the expensive practical only setpieces don't matter

>Estonia as a whole can fuck off
And Nolan can take it up his ass and use CGI like everyone else, realizing in the end it's his shitty direction that matters

ohtuleht ee/966931/ol-video-ja-fotod-linnahalli-katusel-on-peaproovid-filmimiseks-taies-hoos

drone footage of scene rehearsal at Linnahall suggests the rumours of the concert hall being used for a scene influenced by the Nord-Ost hostage disaster are true

The hostage crisis sounds more like a Nolan cold open, not a Nolan climax tbhe

Also lol are you even allowed to fly drones around a movie set like that? It's probably really easy for them to mess up shots by sneaking into the background

>he thinks CGI is a viable replacement for actually building sets and shooting on location
Disgusting. Opinion discarded, try to post less in the future.

backgrounds are literally the best place to apply CGI

>he prefers CG over actual locations or matte paintings for backgrounds
disgusting x2

there's signs with warnings and dates in Estonian around the perimeter but the date this was filmed on was not one of them iirc, it was before actual filming started

kk baz luhrmann