Best Friday Movie

But Muh Jason

Better atmosphere. Better pacing. First person shots of the killer were superior. Music score is classic. Best counselors.

Attached: 38921618-B0A2-4BDC-8B1F-81668DB708D8.jpg (313x445, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aIoPT9rfNGg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Part 1 > 2 > 4 > 3 > 5
Can take or Leave the rest the all started going stupid to me once Jason turned into a giant hulking unkillable zombie

The rainstorm really gave it a feeling of isolation and increased the helplessness of the camp counselor's situation. As a slasher I enjoy it far more than Halloween or TCM, although not quite on par with Black Christmas

i only watched part 1 but if that garbage is considered the best in the franchise then im not watching the rest

>I enjoy it far more than Halloween or TCM, although not quite on par with Black Christmas
what about maniac?

Attached: 225px-Maniac_(1980).jpg (225x342, 26K)

Best final girl

Attached: FE7359C9-D1D1-4CEE-8C2F-000F05A36D75.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

It's a tough choice for me between her and Chris, but I'd go with Chris

Attached: chris_higgins.jpg (357x419, 26K)

I agree, but ironically 6 is the best of them all. The thing that bothers you is famed autist Kane Hodder who thinks that Jason was a bodybuilder and a San Quintin cholo prisoner strutting and posing in the yard. Really, Kane Hodder ruined Jason for all-time, and idiots want him back. lol He was in the worst ones, 7,8,9, and 10, and they want him back? Come on, people, try to think.

Her and Ginny in part 2. Always see people like the part 3 girl behind but she was way too whiney IMO probably the worst acting from a final girl in the series

Agreed. Very hot too.

>6 is the best of them all

Attached: 1463356031732.gif (480x324, 663K)

All the girls in part 1 were so damn cute, true for all the movies but part 1 esp, something about early 80s chicks always do it for me

t. total dork
Honestly, 2,4, and 6 are the best ones after 1. The rest are garbage, yet they're fun-ish garbage. 5 doesn't deserve all the hate, but well, you'd have to watch it.

3 is far better than 2 or 4. It comes to closest to the tone and creepiness of the original, and Richard Brooker is an incredible Jason.

t h i c c

Attached: thicc-boy.gif (470x265, 1019K)

>something about early 80s chicks always do it for me
You mean '70s chicks because that's the culture and prevailing attitude until around 1982, when the '80s finally got its own identity firmly planted. Look at how confidant the girl who played Ginny was.

Attached: hot f13 prt 2 chicks.jpg (650x360, 52K)

Next Friday is probably the best

theres literally no redeeming quality about part 1. I have very low standard for slasher films or horror films but this one managed to fail at every point. im convinced that it weren't for hockey mask meme, the film would fade into oblivion

>3 is far better than 2 or 4
I can't agree. The literal mudhole standing in for a lake didn't help, but it's a fun isolated outing; Richard Brooker was all right, but can't hold a candle to the dude who played Jason in part 6. That guy had Jason's walk and movements just right. Hodder ruined Jason with his bodybuilder act.

Wheelchair guy is gay and has AIDS lol that’s how you know it really was the 80s in part 2

Agreed. Hodder sucked as Jason and he was in the worst Friday movies. His lumbering, asthmatic Jason was the worst. I liked remake Jason more. Like Jason in the 4th, he was fast and athletic

He wasn't gay in the movie. Actually, no man is truly gay, they're just mentally ill.

Pretty sure it was 2 different people in Part 6. Anyway the self-aware comedy shit ruined it for me, F13 was funny long before Part 6 came along. No need to satirize something already comical

>I liked remake Jason more
Me too. He was actually scary and seemed like a threat, unlike Hodder Jason who really needs you for a spot.

>Anyway the self-aware comedy shit ruined it for me
You sound fun.

Based thicc Jason poster

Best butted Jason. Really, the way he walks in 6 is the best. Watch how he pauses at the Forest Green and then how he walks in with his "Jason rhythm". It's perfect.

>No need to satirize something already comical
6 movies in with everyone being aware of the tropes, I actually think that was the right way to go. Especially after fans were disappointed with 5.

Maybe I should have elaborated, I'm fine with self-aware comedy if it's actually good. The humor in Part 6 is garbage. Part 5 is 10 times funnier without even trying, I'll take the Enchiladas scene over every joke in Jason Lives combined.

It is. Its atmosphere is the best of them all* and it even bothers to acknowledge its root in Frankenstein.

*Compare the woods in 6 to the woods in 7, if you can't see a huge difference, then you have no hope.

I remember people bitch about remake Jason that “Jason doesn’t run.” Clearly Hodder fags. Only Hodder lumbering Myers wannabe Jason didn’t move fast.

>. The humor in Part 6 is garbage. Part 5 is 10 times funnier without even trying
You may otherwise be cool, but your opinion is like, totally uncool and not rad. Dude.

True. Jason moved like the wind in part 6, and he clearly ran like a fucker on fire in 2,3, and 4.

It has no tension at all and feels completely neutered. It doesn't even earn its R rating, although I realize the MPAA was especially harsh on horror movies at the time.

>*Compare the woods in 6 to the woods in 7, if you can't see a huge difference, then you have no hope.
I don't need to compare shit to even worse shit.

6 was ok but but it’s where the series fell apart. Brining Jason back after was pure desperation. Even stated in 5 that Jason was cremated.

6 was literally brining a dead horse back so they could beat it some more. Why everything sucked after it

I liked the remake the most of all F13th movies.
Any news about the rebooting or sequels?

Related, any news about Nightmare on Elm? The most recent one was ass, he deserves another chance.

They're all amazing, stupid. There isn't a red-headed stepchild in the bunch

Zombie Jason doesn't run because he can teleport apparently.

>It has no tension at all
Stop smoking pot? Really, it's got tension, not sure where you got that idea. youtube.com/watch?v=aIoPT9rfNGg

Someone find a better link, but anyway that scene was nothing but tension. No one knew what he was going to do. The truth is, if they made him attack the kids there, everyone would have quit Friday the 13th for good.

Won’t be a Friday movie for a while. It’s all tied up in legal shit because the fag that wrote the orginal script thinks he owns the character.

Jason in the best example of a work in progresss character.

Many people were behind his development

My favorite kill is in the first one. When the woman kills the teenage girl tied to the tree by slicing her neck wide open. I also like when she throws the other one through the kitchen window.

Part 1 and part 2 because it basically feels like part 1 but with Jason instead. Then the tommy Jarvis trilogy for me. The rest are stupid but still kinda fun but in a more cheesy way

>Zombie Jason doesn't run
What are you talking about he runs extremely fast in 6 and is shown doing only that in a few shots. Remember? He's just running through the woods (or speedwalking) looking for victims.

You’re literally the reason why I love Friday the 13th, thanks

Also I noticed you don’t post as much as much anymore how come?

Well fuck.
Of all the slashers I watched as a kid, Jason was the only one that felt truly terrifying, no quips, no speech, no fucking jokes, just killing machine.

Except for Jason fucking X, fuck Jason X, fuck.

Btw. I think the best explanation for why Jason didn't slaughter all of the children-outside of real life mores and values-is because he was confused by them. Unsure if they're guilty parties, unsure if he's looking into the past, but sure that he needed a better look. Or maybe, just maybe he had a bit of humanity left in him.

You had to go and post the worst scene in the film. Like I'm supposed to believe for a second that Jason is going to get to kill some little kids, in a movie that didn't even have the guts to show nudity in a sex scene earlier on. Lmao give me a break, that whole part of the film was awful. Also having kids at the camp ruins the isolated feel that the previous movies had

A real shame. Children are the best ones to watch die.

I'm calling it, once we hit 13 years since a F13 film, there will be another which happens to be the 13th one..sort of. Not sure why Freddy Vs. Jason counts as a straight-up F13 film, but OK. :|

The better series admit it!

Attached: EA4E68A8-3E69-4AB3-AAFD-292980AD7829.jpg (270x400, 16K)

Har har, and if not trolling please, you know what to do with yourself.

Plus Angela wasn’t afraid to kill no kids like that pussy Jason! Compared to all the other slasher movie killers, Angela was a real mans man

Sorry about your lack of soul, user. :(

Imagine if the children were slaughtered in front of their parents.

>NO! NO! JASON, NOOOO! PLEAAAASE *sob* *sob*

Ha, I should be a Friday the 13th writer.

no the first one copies too many shots from other slashers and the teens aren't as likeable as they are in others like part 2 or part 3
also the pacing isn't great the dedicate a good amount of time to the counselors just playing fucking monopoly
friday the 13th movies are mostly judged on the kills

Attached: jasonspearkill.gif (500x220, 709K)

Part 6 is objectively the best since the main character is actually interesting and not just a generic roastie like every single other horror movie since the 80s

aw you're welcome

Attached: thicc jason.jpg (979x979, 121K)

You're free to make your own remake, you just need a producer, but don't expect me or many others to watch it. I think it's always implied that kids were off-limits because Jason "died" as a kid and those responsible were young adults. His mom had plenty of opportunity to kill any number of people, but she kept it to just the counselors and anyone unlucky enough to be around, that were also adults.

The later Sleepaway Camp sequels weee also better at doing the fun campy self-award thing better than the later Jason movies which like some of you said were pretty cringe when they tried to be funny

I'm saying that he doesn't run not because he's unable to, but because he doesn't feel the need to due to his newfound ability to teleport.

Also the sheriff's daughter was hot and also had a sense of humor.
"If your mother were still alive!.... :D" Cut to dad's scowling face. Also camel toe. They made the right choice with that actress. Plus Jason getting angry at being called a pussy was funny.

I don't believe he teleports at all in 6, he's just fast as fuck. Now, in the worst one, Jason Takes Manhattan, he clearly teleports and it's embarrassing.

Trolling aside, any slasher movie were kids were killed? I must have watched some, but cant remember now.

Halloween 3

So, any recommendations for new horror / slasher movies?
The last ones I watched were Hatchet I think. The first one was top shit imo, but can't remember anything from 2 and 3.
Also, opinions on the Scream series? I liked the movies.

3 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>> 4 > 5
haven't seen the rest

I love horror movies and have watched a lot since the 80s, but I have never watched a Halloween (except the new one, was OK), nor Candyman, nor Hellraiser.
Maybe I'll correct that this Halloween.

>Pretty sure it was 2 different people in Part 6
Yep. There was one guy early on, who is on-screen during the paintball stuff. Either the director or the producer didn't like his presence as Jason, so they brought in CJ Graham to play Jason for the rest of the shoot.

Remember when he ripped that guy's arm off in Part 6 and realized that he had super strength? He could have learned to do it offscreen in part 7 or in part 8 where he actually demonstrates the ability.

6 is a treasure, 7 is a huge disappointment, 8 is embarrassingly bad, 9 has its charms, but is also disappointing, 10 is fun AND irredeemable garbage. There isn't an 11th one sort of, but Freddy Vs. Jason is a drastic improvement, yet also cringey, and 12 (can we consider a remake 12?) is actually darn good, except for the retarded ending.

>Remember when he ripped that guy's arm off in Part 6 and realized that he had super strength?
That scene was kino. Jason for the first time on screen seemed shocked. I suppose he could have gained some powers through his resurrection, sure, but to actually use them was dumb. I mean, in part 8 he's behind a guy, clearly, then all of a sudden he's in front of him and up several floors of a building no less. Lame.

Vera was a hottie

She was also having a change of heart, clearly. Jason cock-blocked Shelly.

Part two was better. Only slightly better, but better.

Attached: Friday-the-13th-Part-2-1981-1080p-1.png (1600x902, 1.81M)

But part 3 is the best

It's a tie. Besides the crux of their stories, I like the parts where they relax, like at the bar..also the red haired nerdy guy lived because he wanted to stay and get drunker.

Part 3 was a mess; an ending that rips off the original, goofy 'it's in 3D!' kills, dodgy effects, random bikers, a mediocre final girl...

>friday the 13th part 3
>mediocre final girl

Attached: lol, look at the retard.png (704x528, 473K)

I liked the one on the spaceship

>Won’t be a Friday movie for a while. It’s all tied up in legal shit because the fag that wrote the orginal script thinks he owns the character.
A judge agrees with him, for better or worse.

And just to clarify: As it currently stands, Victor Miller, the writer of the original movie, currently owns the rights to everything in his screenplay. This includes Camp Crystal Lake, Pamela Voorhees, and Jason Voorhees. Where it gets sticky is that Jason Voorhees was a kid with hydrocephalus who drowned as backstory and only appears in a brief flashback and as a zombie popping out of the water in a dream sequence. It's entirely possible that the masked adult killer that appeared in part 2 and onward could be considered a legally distinct character, thereby making more sequels and remakes possible if the writers are vague about certain details. Unfortunately, the judge declined to make a determination about this when everyone was last in court. He did, however, decide to split the domestic and international distribution rights for the series between Miller and producer Sean Cunningham for whatever reason.

Cunningham is going to appeal the ruling, and it's theoretically possible for him and Miller to come to some sort of agreement on their own. But I don't see things being resolved without further involvement from the courts, or until one of them dies.

daily reminder the dog survived

>Does nothing
>Needs saving by a black guy
>Too deaf to hear her boyfriend's skull exploding six feet away
>Not as cute as the last two
>Raped by Jason

Miller is such a fag. He knows full well Cunningham has as much credit as he does. It was Cunningham that put in the twist scene of Jason coming out of the water. It was that very scene that spawned part 2 and how the series built off Jason

>daily reminder the dog survived
Sure. It was just the body of an identical dog or other type of creature. I'm with you, though, they showed the dog alive at the end, so it's alive...
Where the fuck did Paul go? Did he decide to have Coke and smile down the road to celebrate being alive or what?

>>Raped by Jason
That was not definitely stated or shown; maybe Jason just cuddled with her after she passed out. Any way you slice it, he didn't murder her for some reason. That's probably the best mystery left in the series.

>Oh yes, I definitely 'passed out' and 'remember nothing' after he grabbed me in the forest. That's why I have deep issues with intimacy and men, because nothing happened to me and I woke up unharmed in my bed.

Attached: 5a2e567001e60_QQ20170905233256.png.306dd858d6f576dc5ed28df1fc69eb40.png (437x400, 209K)

They could easily make a kino reboot in which Jason comes looking for his kid, who is normal for some reason and has no cringey powers. The movie would revolve around her desire to have a father in the child's life, but also torn between wanting to stop all the murders. If done right, it could have been great.

>be Jason
>be cruelest serial killer ever to walk the Earth
>also be gentlest rapist on Earth

What did they mean by that?

Not sure about great, but it definitely would have been better than Jason X

She’s a lying bitch that made it all up. Only thing that makes sense

That's possible, or she maybe she psychically dreamt of Jason? That makes even more sense since she's alive (duh) and why she exclaimed "It's you!" when he unmasked himself, but then that doesn't explain why Jason seemed to recognize her, but that's debatable. Unless Jason shared her dream, but that's A Nightmare on Elm Street territory.

Part 6 had Sheriff Garris. So that one's the best.

"NO! NOT HER!"
He was a good man.

not a slasher

the scene with the dog alive at the end was a dream

>the scene with the dog alive at the end was a dream
If that's true, then Paul has to be dead, right?

the time you had sex was a dream

>Pushes a bookshelf on Jason
>Stabs him in the leg
>Jumps on him from above
>Puts a noose around his neck and hangs him >Drives an axe through his mask and head
>Is cuter than the last two
>The only girl cute enough that Jason deemed rape worthy

Why? Didn't look like he died.

Unknown, the beginning of Part 3 has Jason taking the machete out of his shoulder and then getting up and walking away (you know the ending of Part 2 is a dream because he still had the machete in his shoulder when he jumps through the window)

Ok, last time we saw him was when? I'm forgetting at the moment. He said "Ginny!" and fought Jason and then...ok he seemed alive..then they found the dog.

Ok. Here, since the part with the dog was a dream, then Paul died of a mortal wound that he received in the battle previously in one of the cabins (remember?) and Jason finally finished him off before Ginny temp-killed Jason.

i see what you did there

Did Jason finish him off? I don't remember that. I thought he was still grappling with Jason when Ginny macheted him.

The first one is very good, but I've been too spoiled by the giallo genre and there's not much to draw from this once you've already seen those. My bet goes to The Final Chapter, which really should have closed off Jason's run had they respected what 5 was going for. The teenagers were fleshed out (hehe nice) and made you care about their fates. Jason's and Corey Feldman's duel of monsters was the true driving force of the movie and was executed beautifully and disturbingly. Jason's unmasked appareance remains his most iconic in my opinion, the pinnacle of the tragic monster that he originally was, with superb effects by Tom Savini, returning to the saga for the first time since the original. It made me hate part 6 just for throwing it all away, even though I've since warmed up to it.

Attached: jarvis-1.jpg (1502x844, 179K)

>Did Jason finish him off?
It's possible because remember Ginny got in the final blow. Paul was incapacitated at that moment in time at least.

That fucking man. A friend and I used to call him Kim Turry because he looks like a science experiment to recreate Frank N Furter that went wrong and became a cop.

Wasn't that part 4?

Part 4

Attached: giphy.gif (245x245, 1.1M)

That's the one! Love it to bits.

Did you mean Freakg Friday fucking idiot

There were too many damn characters in that movie. One group of teens would have been enough, but there were also an extra pair of twins, a random hitchhiker who ended up being useless, the final girl, her brother, and her mother. Only nerdy guy, the little boy and the guy who got stabbed through a projector canvas were memorable at all.

Remember how Sheriff Garriss told Tommy in part 6: "Aren't you the kid whose family was murdered by Jason?"
and then Tommy answered: "Yeah, Jason murdered 'em."
?

Well, due to the Mandela Effect, the exchange is different, now the sheriff correctly states that Jason killed "your mother and friends". and then Tommy states: "Yeah, he murdered them." I had the VHS back when it was released and watched it to the point of wearing out the tape, have seen cable airings, and it was definitely the other way. It was always a cute error, but apparently in this reality, they were smarter.

Blocks your path

Attached: 1A0E8C8D-56F5-401B-9C91-6110BAA86490.jpg (240x240, 10K)

"Oh hey, Mrs Voorhees. Walking around in the woods with a knife during a thunderstorm again? You always were an odd one."

Loved his perv stache

That's how men got good reception for their radios and TVs back then, which is why you almost never see that 'stache anymore except with faggot hipsters.

Hipsters and fags ruin everything. Those 70s-80s stachs were tight. Ultimate being The Magnum PI