Why didnt they just drive tanks

Attached: MV5BMDMxMDBlZDYtNGY2YS00MmFlLWE5NzAtYzVkYWQ1YmMzYmEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjI4OTE1MTA@._V1_.jpg (800x537, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

verhoeven didn't understand nor care to understand the source material. still a great flick.

You can't win a war of any kind by relying on air/armor. Just look at the US.

Can't drive a tank underground or bomb lairs hundreds of miles underground.

They thought it was just gonna be a bug hunt and the bugs were not gonna actually push or be smart.

Cause they needed the losses so the people can stay angry at bugs and not the government.

>mobile infantry
>not mobile
>cap troopers
>no caps
>apes
>no powered armor resembling a primate

They use the nicknames without any of the shit it was based on.

Why would you use surface based artillery when you have ships that can bombard from space?

This is the real answer. Also reminder that BA was inside job. Fuck the military industrial complex.

Why would they think an insect hive mind that can redirect a meteor to eart wouldn’t be smart?

Freedoms ain't free, citizen.

The source material didn't have tanks, because each individual solider was a tank. As for the movie, there is no way they are going to add something big and expensive just because it would be more logical.

>can redirect a meteor to eart
>believing government lies
bootlicker, pls

I like how the meteor literally came from the other side of the galaxy, for that to happen it would have to be coming faster than the speed of light, and would of obliterated the solar system

flick is 4/10
music is 10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
made me want to live in a fascist military dictatorship for half a second

In the book they wear ridiculously OP powered armour.

>Why would you use surface based artillery when you have ships that can bombard from space?

If you wanted to teach a baby a lesson, would you cuts its head off?'
Why . . . no, sir!'
Of course not. You'd paddle it. There can be circumstances when it's just as foolish to hit an enemy with an H-Bomb as it would be to spank a baby with an ax. War is not violence and killing, pure and simple; war is controlled violence, for a purpose. The purpose of war is to support your government's decisions by force. The purpose is never to kill the enemy just to be killing him . . . but to make him do what you want him to do. Not killing . . . but controlled and purposeful violence.

The meteor wasn't the bugs, it was the government blaming the meteor on the bugs in order to justify the war against them. The film makes that very clear. The meteor & bugs aren't connected and the bugs are as baffled and scared by the war as the human soliders are.

The Federation in the film is so retarded that the only explanation is that their entire military industrial complex is dedicated to depleting the population to keep it manageable.
Hence, no armour for the infantry.

god i wish that were me

>Also reminder that BA was inside job.
from where do you get evidence for this retarded fan theory

Film Starship Troopers Government basically relies on constant war to survive, the Bugs are essentially the perfect enemy because they are nearly limitless and repopulate at insane rates and they're pretty fucking deadly when needed. BA was an inside job in order to rouse the population against a single enemy and the MI are basically the fodder that are sent to die because their deaths help fuel the hate of the bugs by the rest of humanity. MI are literally armed with CBA that doesn't prevent any form of damage and weapons that are JUST about effective if aimed at key locations.

Look at Klendathu, it was an utter massacre and they even point out that the Military Intelligence was completely fucking wrong. The other films basically prove that the Government will gladly accept any MI loss provided it helps keep the war going since that is probably the only thing uniting humanity.

The more dead soldiers, the less veterans with voting rights.

In the CGI sequel "Traitor of Mars" they also had power suits, and in the 80s anime adaptation the suits were proper mechas. I guess when you make it animated the budget constraints for something like this aren't an issue like it would be for a live action production.

Attached: powersuit.jpg (607x768, 69K)

>opening scene of the movie shows the Earth's planetary defenses shooting a meteor
>shows the ringed station again later
>no reason given for why the defense system failed
>never brought up or shown again

>bugs somehow shot a meteor across the entire galaxy at Earth (wormholes only explain distance not accuracy)
>never actually told or shown how they accomplish this
>none of the bug "technology" shown even implies they are capable of something like this

>fascist theming
>fascist states require constant war in order to function (a belief at least held by the critics of fascism)
>faceless bug aliens make the perfect enemy

also something something mormons I forget what the point about them was
I don't necessarily agree with the theory but these are the reasons I often see brought up

That shit is expensive

meant to quote

Agreed, the tactics were horrible. When they were fighting the tanker bug they literally were standing in a circle firing at each other.

Attached: nice.jpg (1920x1040, 99K)