The pile of bodies thing in Battle of the Bastards was utterly dumb and if you liked it you're an idiot

The pile of bodies thing in Battle of the Bastards was utterly dumb and if you liked it you're an idiot

Attached: battleofthebastardssurrounded.jpg (800x400, 114K)

your dogshit show is over please stop forcing threads about it

more importantly why didn't the giant just fucking run through and break their shield wall, he's literally a giant

Lots of really long spears.

whatever nerd it looked cool
it's fucking entertainment not a documentary

doesn't matter how big you are if you're a cowardly wh*teoid

There was nothing good about that episode (or any episode post-season 4 really). It was poorly directed and acted. But it had reddit shots and le slay queen so it was praised

why he didn't have a armor or at least an sword?

this is a thing that actually happened in battles

The show became unwatchable around S02 E01.

>whatever nerd it looked cool
watch it again when you turn 16, you'll hate it

REDDITREDDITREDDITREDDITREDDITREDDITIHAVENOPERSONALITYREDDITREDDIT

Or even a fucking club, they could have chopped down a tree and given that to him and he would've easily cleared that shield wall

>this is a thing that actually happened in battles
this is definitely not

I dont even remember it

Battle of Cremera (477 BC)
Battle of Leuctra (371 BC)
Battle of Issus (333 BC)
Battle of Zama (202 BC)
Battle of Sambre (57 BC)
Battle of Bargadas (49 BC)

yet it's still fucking accurate

Yes it did.

That you have no personality? We knew that.

You don't know anything about any of those battles

No it didn't, you read a dumb journalist saying it did and you believed it

Why didn't the giant just pick up a dead horse and started plowing through entire rows of soldiers?

Attached: 1545843393222.gif (268x274, 1.03M)

>i r x pert honst

You're right. All the dead bodies despawn after a few seconds

What cringey comebacks you kids have.

lol at this posturing brat

Probably because he was tired as fuck? He probably gassed within the first 5 minutes of battle.

who cares about this show anymore

ebin

>Not long afterwards those also who had seized the hill, being oppressed by both hunger and thirst, resolved to charge the enemy; and engaging, a few against many, they continued fighting from morning till night, and made so great a slaughter of the enemy that the heaps of dead bodies piled up in many places were a hindrance to them in fighting.

>The turning point was when Spartan King Kleombrotos “perished in a heroic resistance after sustaining many wounds, then, as masses of men thronged about his body, there was piled up a great mound of corpses”

>As with most ancient battles, significant carnage occurred after the battle as the pursuing Greeks slaughtered their crowded, disorganized foe. Arrian notes Ptolemy mentioning that while pursuing Darius, Alexander and his bodyguards came upon a ravine which they easily crossed on the piled up bodies of dead Persians

>...very difficult to pass over the ground without breaking his ranks owing to the quantity of slippery corpses which were still soaked in blood and had fallen in heaps and the number of arms thrown away at haphazard”

> The Nervii warriors fought to the last, standing on the bodies of their slain comrades, and throwing the Romans’ own spears back at them. Eventually the few remaining Nervii broke and fled the field.

>Curio discovered that Varus's men had broken and run.[20] Chasing after them, many of Varus's troops were trampled to death by their own men in their haste to flee

Now what, retard?

He had to find some way to cope

>unarmored soldiers continuing to mindlessly rush in to a moshpit, heedless of their own survival, after their own commander has ordered a nonstop barrage of arrows to teamkill them until a literal mountain of corpses has formed
This certainly did not happen in real life.
The closest thing that happened is Agincourt, where French soldiers had their charge hampered by their fallen allies mixed in with the mud. But you know what, instead of sticking around until they had to climb Mt Corpseverest, they just routed.

>wwoow the words "pile of bodies" were used so that means we can just make it 30 foot tall!
Again, you're an idiot. You have the mind of a small kid.

When you have to constantly claim others are kids, you already lost.

It's over. Just let it go.

>muh reddit rules of debate

i think it happened in the pacific theatre in ww2 in some ocasions
i remember reading about this machine gunner that had to leave his position and clear some bodie piles because they were on his way of shooting more tojos

You’re the biggest retard on this planetos

Is that it? Kids and reddit?

>being this retarded

Yep. I know, it must be tough to have your entire being summed up by two words, but I guess that's all there is to it

be less obvious

Your entire counter is just to claim everyone who isn't you is a "kid or from reddit". Pitiful.

I just joined in with 1 post to call you a fucking regard you cheesewit. I’m not that guy

Attached: 7F7FAB25-4F0D-455D-A493-9FCE89EE6E74.jpg (750x233, 97K)

This is what makes it more retarded than anything. It’s just shitty, unimaginative writing to get us to the setpiece of the battle. He’s essentially a walking siege engine, and the “brilliant swordsman and tactician” never thought to armor him and make him a bow. He could have been decimating Ramsey’s men from distances his archers couldn’t even touch.

triggered

Can you imagine actually being the type of person that watches that episode and thinks "oh my god this look so cool!"? How easy life must be? You can probably turn on the TV on any channel at any moment and just be utterly entertained, having fun for hours and hours until it's time to go to bed. Living life with no standards at all.

God it must be great.

But you are a kid from reddit.

>Not like ME, the man of high taste and standards!

Nah bro you’re just fucking retarded. You literally believe that an insurmountable pile of corpses can suddenly form in a close quarter battle. We have reached a new level of 18yo summerfag ignorance

>we can just make it 30 foot tall
Why not, it's a tv show. Wait, did you think I was arguing that something exactly like the Battle of Bastards has happened in history? Soldiers actually drowning in bodies? Are you dense or what. I thought we argued about piles of bodies in historic battles not your autistic inability to understand dramatization.

I mean, yeah.

wow you said the same thing again

Extra triggered with ease

Have sex /pol/

>Why not, it's a tv show. Wait, did you think I was arguing that something exactly like the Battle of Bastards has happened in history?
This is literally, almost word for word, what you claimed.

>I thought we argued about piles of bodies in historic battles not your autistic inability to understand dramatization.
No, we were arguing the point you actually made, which was "this is a thing that actually happened in battles". But I guess you're not a completely lost case if this thread made you eventually reflect on how stupid this is and how dumb you were for assuming otherwise, so I'll give you free pass to retreat into the pleb's familiar refuge, the "IT'S JUST A SHOW!!" defense, to save face and preserve your ego. I'm happy to make you grow as a human being.

I mean, you didn't change since a few minutes ago when I said that for the last time. You are, I repeat, a kid from reddit. You can come back and check with me a few hours from now, I'm sure my diagnosis will be the same.

If you don't believe that most historical battles had 400 foot tall corpse towers suddenly materialize then ur dum

>arguing semantics to save face
Kek, pathetic.

You have no personality.

Go on, take your childish potshots. I've given you free pass. You're on "lmao it's a show with dragons and magic so why plausibility!" territory now, you're safe. I can't hurt you there.

My personality is that I'm a man from Yea Forums, while yours is that you're a kid from reddit.

You think that tripping over some dead dudes on the battlefield means that mountains, such as in the show, are possible? I can't really imagine how someone like you perceives the world.

go BACK

No. I won the argument. I'm the winner here, not you. Everyone saw it, admit that I won the argument.

Even about 3 bodies slumped over each other would make fighting in that area extremely difficult. I highly doubt people were climbing literal mounds of bodies. During the siege of Jerusalem it's recorded the blood was "ankle deep" in the streets, obviously that is false and is nothing more than adding some artistic flavor to the retelling. I would say the same is true in many of these incidents.

You have, because you're beyond my reach now.

That's right bitch, I won and you just admitted it. EVERYBODY SAW IT LMAO

c-congratulations user

>blood in Jerusalem
Maybe it was written someone with no feet

You just gave that story a whole new spin. Somewhere during the siege of Jerusalem there was a footless historian transcribing about how shit everything was.

"pile of bodies" as shown in battle of the bastards never happened. Read John Keegan's "face of the battle". Priests who saw the battle of Agincourt said there were "pile of bodies, higher than the height of a man" but Keegan says its clearly exagerated, as he says : noone would deliberatly climb a pile of bodies, and not even a single body, shall he had the choice, for its very hard to maintain any stability on a dead body, and falling in a battle certainly means death if the enemy is nearby.