Godzilla: King of Monsters

Why is this movie underperforming? Were the critics wrong?

Is Moviebob right for once? youtube.com/watch?v=qbAQ93r09EA

Attached: King of Monsters.png (259x410, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/godzilla-vs-kong-delayed-monserverse-box-office/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off, Movieblob

Godzilla is just not that popular.
The highest grossing kaiju movies are 2 Kong movies and even they didn't set the world on fire.

Asked and answered so many times.

Niche fanbase. $300 million budget. Lukewarm response to first film. Five year gap. Lousy clips that made it look like a quippy parody. A:E sucking up all the early summer enthusiasm. Critics being assholes.

I'm a Godzilla fan and I still haven't seen it yet. Not sure if I will in theaters.

Normalfags hate Godzilla

Watch how it should be done, weaboo kids

Attached: 0_dwyplB3HPWOwo9md.png (1600x900, 2.39M)

Critics were told to squash it so Spendgame can beat Avatar (even though it won't)

>Niche fanbase.
This. It appeals all monster movies. They usually end within 400M range. Some of them pass 500M and that's it.

I am honestly surprised it even made it to 340M. It seemed to be struggling even worse earlier in it’s release. I guess China must have saved it.

Theaters suck

This will make a billion dollars on opening weekend.

Attached: Ghidorah the Explorer.png (573x726, 1.14M)

>This is what kaijufags look like

It's actually overperforming this week. Skull Island had a similar bump. Apparently they will continue the series if KotM will be in top 5 of WB movies for 2019 which it will.

Checked.
movieweb.com/godzilla-vs-kong-delayed-monserverse-box-office/

Attached: 1560012906237.jpg (750x745, 108K)

More like in danger of being released as scheduled. Apparently it's gonna be March after all together with Mulan even though there's plenty of better options. Amazingly even December is less eventful than usual this time.

Japan loves it. We're getting Vs kong. Critics eat ass.

Attached: IMG_20190616_190135.jpg (844x1200, 140K)

Of course.

Attached: 1560806880686.jpg (1500x1180, 247K)

Are critics ever right?

Attached: eefqas82o1901.png (935x524, 319K)

The simplest reason is that Godzilla is still incredibly niche in the West. It's niche in Japan as well, but not nearly as much. Also, it took 5 years to make a sequel, several massive blockbusters had just had their theater runs prior, and the only "geeky" properties that made insane bank in the last decade were capeshit, Harry Potter, and I suppose Game of Thrones.

Movie isn't re watchable, it's decent for a one time watch.

I've seen it 3 times and might go for a 4th, faggot

There is 3 different scenes where Ghidorah is looking at a main character and then Godzilla tackles him out of the way. It’s probably the most hackish piece of trash made yet, Zilla was better.

What a sad life you have.

It's actually going to barely break even

Come on faggots you know this movie is just bad. Its not that it belongs into a niche category of movies, it is because everything sucks in it. I fucking love kaiju movies, I have seen some old godzilla films and pacific rim and loved them. I regret paying a ticket for godzilla 2. Fuck that movie.

yeah because every WB movie is performing like shit

ABSOLUTELY BAD TASTE

Preach. Wish I walked out. Seeing that terrible acting, dialogue, the monster scenes SUCKED. They had no idea how to make their fights interesting.

Definitely best monsters characterization I've seen in a long long time I can't wait for a good torrent already so I can look at them again. It won't be known as a perfect series but it will be sad to see these monsters go.

Attached: 1554087644935.png (810x1200, 703K)

After walking out of the theater, I had to cleanse my eyes with some good old gozilla classics. I rewatched Destroy all monsters. It may look like a puppet show by todays standards, but it hit the right notes. It gave me a full fight in the end between monsters without cutting constantly to the people like the new godzilla did, and the people arc was sci fi weird but in a good way. Thats all I wanted from godzilla 2 but all I got was a movie that focused on the peoples retarded drama, and rushed scenes with the monsters fighting and being covered with dust particles making it unable to fully see them in action

ALMOST 400MIL NOW
NOT GREAT BUT NOT TERRIBLE

YIKES

I DONT WANT TO BE ON THE SIDE THAT NOW COUNTS MOVIEBLOB

ABSOLUTELY BASED

YES ITS JUST THAT SPECIAL AND M A S S I V E
THE PERFECT THEATER MOVIE

3 TIMES IN IMAX, GLORIOUS

cause its shite

I think the human element would’ve improved if it was just focused on Monarch and they just cut out the family. Half of the final battle is spent looking for Millie Brown. Everything involving them was shit.