Watch movie

>watch movie
>forget most of it over the next couple of days or a week later

>watch tv show
>it all blurs together and is mostly forgotten a few weeks later

>next season of show comes out a year later
>completely forget what happened the previous season

Does this shit happen to anyone else? Am I watching too many movies or something, why is my memory so shit? I think Breaking Bad is probably the only show I can recall things that happened in it and major plot points. Is it just because I'm watching shitty, forgettable stuff?

Attached: 1536588670566.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

Brainlet

yes, i have no idea make such detailed posts on Yea Forums and Yea Forums, i can barely remember anything about anything

Attached: feel.png (680x515, 26K)

I have to watch season recaps on YT when a new season of a show comes out usually. I feel stupid as fuck about having to do it but oh well.

>Am I watching too many movies or something
yes
You should only watch one complete season without watching anything inbetween and then alternate with a couple of movies before starting a new season/show, at least that's what I do to help it

If you saturate yourself in too many movies they all start to blend together. Doubly so if you're watching mainstream Hollywood garbo

>watch movie
>remember every scene permanently

I have watched so much stuff it all blurs together and i forget most of it yet succeed at predicting almost every plot development in any movie or tv show. It feels like having constant deja vu. I have put a knife into the heart of wonder.

Most movies and shows, even when good, have really predictable things in them. I feel like writers just can't resist hitting the same beats as a million other things at a certain point. It's like they are compelled to have tropes in their script

literally me

I have the same problem but with women.

Attached: 1559451293494.jpg (250x250, 17K)

No visual media is worth remembering anyway, you're never going to get any valuable insight from it if you did

i got asked me how many women i slept with and i was really caught off guard. I playfully said "Oh well, i'd need a pen so i could make a list." and tried to play it of jokingly, but she got really mad at me.
What is a good number to say in this situation? 5? 10? 20?

This. Books i always remember. Even ten years later.

It happens to me with books too. Wtf is wrong with my brain?

Reading a book is not a passive activity. Do you also vividly remeber the plot of videogames?

This is abnormal. What the fuck dude get that checked out.

Yes it happens to me, but it happened when I was a kid too so I don't care

Maybe I just have a low capacity for remembering things

Baste

>forget most of it over the next couple of days or a week later
>it all blurs together and is mostly forgotten a few weeks later
>completely forget what happened the previous season
This is how i failed school

If you're not actively paying attention your brain isn't going to see it as important to remember. Passively watching a show in the background that doesn't keep you interested isn't going to stick around like something you focus on and holds your attention.

It's a skill like anything to learn to focus on what you want to remember. Multitasking isn't real either; you focus on one thing at a time. Emotional connections also help with memory, so you can remember that show you were invested in or saw with family/friends a lot easier than something else.

3-5. Have you really slept with so many people that you can't remember how many it's been?

only with bland, formulaic, american stuff

This is your brain on dude

Just re-read, re-watch them nerd, lol

Before I go to bed I do this exercise where I try to recall at least 5 details about every episode I've seen that day. It helps.

>not recalling mediocrity is abnormal
I think he's fine, just needs to stop watching boring trash

>Emotional connections also help with memory, so you can remember that show you were invested in or saw with family/friends a lot easier than something else.
I wish I didn't watch GoT with a group of friends so I would forget it but unfortunately the memory of Season 8 will be seared in my mind for years to come

Attached: 1551352485157.jpg (970x545, 375K)

The fact S8 was a total shitfest is why I can remember it and probably will for years. I can't remember most of the show outside S1 either. It'll be some weird twisted memory of what was and what it became without the middle to explain why.

Maybe you have a minor learning difficulty or something. Are you left-handed? Did you have a healthy birth without complications?

I've forgotten earlier season of this show, honestly. I see clips on YT from earlier seasons sometimes and go "wait that happened" or "I don't remember that, shit" In my defense though I've only watched through the show once. How downhill it went the last few seasons makes me really not want to give the series another watch through though

What would being left handed prove?

Forgetting-earlier-GoT-mind

>see crappy movie on tv/netflix/amazon/etc
>decide to watch it for shits and giggles
>nothing about it is familiar while watching
>when finished, log on to imdb to rate it
>i've already rated it
i guess it was so bad i erased it from my memory when i watched it before

Attached: niccage102338.gif (400x400, 2.61M)

>see movie trailer or poster
>sort of remember possibly watching it at one point
>watch it again just in case I'm retarded and didn't actually see it
>gets to a certain scene I definitely remember watching before
>Amazed I only remember the one scene and literally no other part of the film
>rinse and repeat a few months later
Welp

don't lie you piece of shit. youre just as bad as them.