Is this the most underrated movie to come out in the past 10 years?

Is this the most underrated movie to come out in the past 10 years?

Thinking back on the past decade it kind of stands out in my mind as my favorite film of the time period

Attached: 1542013690482.png (350x522, 334K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GR0tJtEQnnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't like it, didn't even finish

its one of my all time favs desu not just of the last decade

I loved it. Pretty fucking intense really. Kino poetry.

youtube.com/watch?v=GR0tJtEQnnI

Attached: 1399381992290.gif (253x230, 98K)

What didn't you like it? The ending is great.

Neeson wrote that himself for his own dead wife apparently (saw the youtube comment and checked wikipedia). I can see myself coming back to this movie when I inevitably lose the people I care about.

It's an amazing film and one of my favorites. On each repeated viewing, the film grows more and more for me.

Attached: 1559861906963.jpg (1164x1537, 665K)

I couldn't get with the general ridiculousness of the plot. Yes, perhaps the wolves are a metaphor for something (mental retardation, possibly) or the wilderness is symbolic of mankind's struggle against making intelligent decisions. But the entire movie had me raising my eyebrows and saying "really?"

First up, the wolves themselves. Has anyone watched a nature documentary or seen a wolf in real life? Wolves have fantastic senses, but they are not superhuman in their intelligence. The ones in The Grey act somewhere between the velociraptors in Jurassic Park and the titular creature in Predator. There's exaggeration for filmmaking purposes, and then there's straight up ridiculousness, and these wolves fall into the latter camp.

Second, there's the actions of the the survivors, who seem to be actively trying to help death do its thing. They abandon the wrecked plane, which is just about the most basic survival mistake possible. What's easier to spot from a rescue helicopter - a large smoking wreck, or a single person somewhere in a pine forest? Also, the fuselage made a very good cave. All they have to do is defend the entrance - the one way in - and they couldn't lose. Instead, for reasons that have long escaped my caring, they decide to run through a forest where the humans' one advantage, good eyesight, is of no use and the wolves can pick them off one by one.

A kino about men, and suffering. Another one that should be on the list of films that women will never understand.

what are some other good survival movies like this
is Alive any good

t. seething roastie

I kind of hate to sound like a pleb and agree with you, but I agree. The wolves are important metaphorically and of course the movie isn't really about surviving in the wilderness, but those things just didn't act like wolves to the point that it was distracting.

Cringe.

The wolves are a metaphor you fucking brainlets.

Obviously. Both comments you replied to already pointed that out. The problem is that the wolves act so unrealistically that it's distracting. The wolves being a metaphor doesn't mean they have to act nothing like actual wolves.

>adagio in d minor starts playing
>n-no I'm not crying, that's just condensation from the snow

Attached: wojakk.jpg (236x282, 22K)

>tfw I thought his wife divorced him and left...

>watched Ink and The Grey one day apart
>got confused as fuck

I haven't seen this and that's likely to continue. There's nothing more disappointing than a "gritty" wilderness survival film made by indoor soys.

This movie was fucking trash and I shouldn't have listened to tv when they said it was good

>Yes, perhaps the wolves are a metaphor for something

Perhaps? The wolves are the vehicle for death, the struggle against the wolves is man's determination to live in the face of suffering. There could've been a polar bear after them, or even just the cold, it's still the same story.

There's also reasons given for their decision and each one of your nitpicks.

>leave the plane crash because it's exposed
>high elevation
>they think the wolves will leave them if they get further away from their territory
>one of the survivor's even dies of altitude sickness

it's not really gritty, more depressing

Felt too cartoony for me, the wolves and shit. Maybe I'll rewatch it.

>"they think the wolves will leave them if they get further away from their territory"
>have no idea where wolves' territory is
>let's just go in a random direction and hope we're going away from their territory instead of deeper into it

Post more wilderness survival kino.

Attached: 4234254356547.jpg (850x1000, 180K)

yes that's part of the tragedy

Oh, sign me up then.

Just kidding, I want emoshit out of my genres. Man's struggle for meaning should be secondary to survival, like in The Ritual.

>>let's just go in a random direction and hope we're going away from their territory instead of deeper into it
well what the fuck else are they gonna do, you nitpicking little bitch? how are they supposed to find out where the territory boundaries are?

Maybe just stick to your reddit capeshit then, you massive homo.

>it’s a metaphor lol so it doesn’t have to be believable
Cringe