Japanese "cinema"

>japanese "cinema"
*Inhales*

Attached: Japan cinema.webm (890x480, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ikkBnTZxGbE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Little_Sister
asianwiki.com/Give_It_All
midnighteye.com/reviews/august-in-the-water/
youtube.com/watch?v=odZeB4QolOU
youtube.com/watch?v=w497OJtsYxw
youtube.com/watch?v=544bkI1hmGk
youtube.com/watch?v=rlgBjVOn6Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=WDH_nJM3djc
youtube.com/watch?v=M_FEdQZBDlU
youtu.be/9382rwoMiRc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enjo_kōsai
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whats this

You know, different regions of the world have different styles of cinema. Not everyone aspires to make the same cookie-cutter bland hollywood style of film. It's like food, sometimes i would rather have sushi than a hamburger.

>Japanese cinema
based

Attached: 1468805869577.webm (886x480, 2.96M)

Kek. you must have a double digit IQ if you think that looked good.

>Japanese """"""""""""""""""""""acting"""""""""""""""""""""""

Attached: Japanese Acting.webm (854x480, 2.91M)

>weeb shit
OH NO NO NO NO

Japs should just stick to animation, they clearly suck at live action.

Can you read?

Attached: jap_postwar.jpg (1888x3376, 2.11M)

This is a manga/anime adaptation, right?
I can't really blame it for being dumb as shit if that's the source material

why does he look more feminine than her

Attached: japanese.jpg (1187x1235, 553K)

Attached: samurai.jpg (1400x1569, 1005K)

god that anime was shit.

That's an adaptation of a shonen manga, it's not supposed to be quality.

That's a Japanese movie. By definition it can't be weeb.

You clearly need to stop assuming that anything Yea Forums says has to be correct.

kek. They're so pure.

Why is he in every Japanese acting thread?

I unironically enjoyed watching that

Supremely homosexual

Judging by the girl, it's an adaptation of Nisekoi, a shitty teen manga and should be treated like any other shitty teen adaption like Twilight.
Western directors aped Ozu and Kurosawa for years, judge them for their best period at least.

It's a movie made for teenagers based on a slapstick manga for teenagers and kids.

>no pantsu
disappointing

>fine detail on the grass and stones of the painted background
>literally no detail in the background on the tracking backshot.
I don't know how to feel about this error, but Ghibli is kino.

Can someone suggest a few of these movies with lots of dialogue and non-fast speakers for me to practice my japanese language listening skills?

The anime version of the same manga:

youtube.com/watch?v=ikkBnTZxGbE

idk looks pretty kino to me

Attached: IMG_0928.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

Why does no one ever give Mizoguchi the proper credit? Ozu’s repeated humanistic themes are boring and Mizoguchi was Kurosawa’s main influence. And even though Kurosawa was great, he never found his own original style, even all of his later masterpieces are strikingly similar to Lean’s epics. Mizoguchi is the real master of Japanese cinema, Ugetsu is a spiritually unbreakable kino

Attached: 60E56247-B016-4690-9551-B0358DF853A3.jpg (350x416, 13K)

Still better than GoT

Attached: 1556632713325.png (1200x1781, 1.35M)

The moving shot was done by an animator with a pen, it's much harder to add painterly details to something like that.

Learning Niponese is for weeaboos.
But here's a kino movie.

Attached: MV5BMTY0NzA5NTAzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzg0MTE0MjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,701,1000_AL_.jpg (701x1000, 126K)

No Rashomon? I mean I can understand why you'd leave out Yojimbo, Sanjuro etc, but Rashomon not only employed Kurosawa's first use of many of his signature, closeups, trailing shots and framing etc but also is a poignant meditation on the nature of mankind's morality.

Rashomon, as the Japanese critics have taken note, is a run of the mill story that somehow became popular to baka gaijin.

Don't watch black and white nip movies is my suggestion. Sounds quality is shit, hard to pick up what it is that they're saying

Based Japanese acting poster.

What's this actors name? He seems the go-to guy for anime adaptations. Is he an idol or some shit? Why he does he keep popping up in shitty movies.

but sushi sucks

Perfected the dumb faggot look

I'm pretty sure live action adaptions of anime are the lowest form of cinema, and even Japanese people know this.

Try watching Manbiki Kazoku. It's legitimately one of the greatest films of the year.

WTF happened to japan?

Attached: gym.webm (776x436, 2.59M)

it's called japanese cinema inhales
it's your favorite movie

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Little_Sister

I'm about to watch pic related, what am I in for?

Attached: zangiku_monogatari.jpg (1200x900, 113K)

I'm sure you're right. I personally don't recall watching anything of his. I've watched plenty of Ozu/Kurosawa which is why I made the comparison, but it doesn't surprise me those two were owing to yet someone else.

No it isn’t it’s just a bunch of feel good humanistic crap with no actual spiritual depth or weight, it’s like the A24 of Japanese movies. And no I haven’t actually seen it I can just tell from the trailer

>nature of mankind's morality
I didn't make that list, but if I did I'd rather insert Dodes'ka-den as a way to show Kurosawa's grasp on human nature.

I work on animation and I know why they made it that way. The inconsistency is inevitable (do you make the previous shot have more solid detail, do you invest time and budget in a 2 second shot) but still quite jarring.

It's Hiroyuki moonlighting as an animu character.

Not so much Ozu as him and Mizoguchi were really in the same generation and Ozu actually probably precedes him on a technical level by quite a bit if I’m being honest. It’s just a subjective thing for me, I just like the themes Mizoguchi deals with more

Street of Shame is an underrated masterpiece. That ending is haunting

It's based on a (very) short story, with an open ended interpretation. The story itself isn't the issue, it's how it is presented.
"Run of the mill" is far from what you would describe Rashomon.
You comment reeks of butthurt that Western people know of it, and therefore it can't be in your "super patrician" list that the biggu japanese critics like.
Embarassing, like the Japanase as the are NOW can be trusted to evaluate their past effectively.

You can see the degradation as the years go by.

they are*

>those cheap ass cosplay-tier costumes
jesus christ

>not being a web
Pleb filtered
Hold hands

chitoge a shit

Anything from Japan that's not historical, samurai cinema, depression drama, or horror are pure shit

The problem seems to be that you are judging an entire country by a few goofy high school dramas

>I haven't seen anything else, so everything else must be shit

>Japanese cinema
Ah.. they don't make 'em like this anymore

Attached: The Human Condition (1959) - silhouette scene.jpg (1000x792, 100K)

the west if not the whole world act the same cept jap who cant act shit

Name good movies outside those genre that I've mentioned

>"Run of the mill" is far from what you would describe Rashomon.

Japanese critical responses

Although it won two Japanese awards and performed well at the domestic box office,[18] most Japanese critics did not like the film. When it received positive responses in the West, Japanese critics were baffled; some decided that it was only admired there because it was "exotic", others thought that it succeeded because it was more "Western" than most Japanese films.[19]

asianwiki.com/Give_It_All

But who was hair???

But she barely cut his shitty hair.

>asianwiki.com/Give_It_All
obviously drama and coming-of-age film

Only saw the first part of this thanks for reminding me I need to get back to it sometime.

It's not on your list:
>historical, samurai cinema, depression drama, or horror

why does you look more feminine than your mom

for me it's linda linda linda

Mizoguchi gets plenty of respect in film history. Mikio Naruse, however, is the true definition of an overlooked great.

Absolutely you should, the third act will stick with you for a long time. Taken as a whole, it's one of the greatest War films of all time.

Attached: yearning-1964-001-00n-so5-hideko-takamine.jpg (1000x1428, 340K)

>some gay ass cartoon
>cinema
take your autism pills

owo

>No rashomon
Into the trash

It's not a cartoon, and it is cinema.

Ok, I should've retract the depression part. Maybe I'm just jaded because of the cringy webm in the OP.

Give me some good Japanese movies to watch Yea Forums

for me it's hirokazu kore-eda, palme d'or winner

This has Anne Suzuki I really liked her in Stand Up!! definitely picked up.

Attached: 1520714560132s.gif (500x281, 855K)

Yeah, it felt like that's exactly how they were filming it. Trying to get as close to an upskirt panty shot without actually doing it. It already seems pretty common in some anime nowadays, and I guess it's seeping into their live-action stuff now, too.

Which ones are on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime?

god damn i hate anime

No, it says she's in the TV drama that was made later.

okay anons, what should I watch first from these flicks I just downloaded?
august in the water
love letter
asako 1 & 2
kid return
school in the crosshairs

Strange criteria, but here's a few:
>Woman In The Dunes
>Late Ozu (An Autumn Afternoon, Floating Weeds etc.)
>Cruel Story of Youth
>High and Low
>Tampopo
>Tokyo Drifter
>Death By Hanging

Attached: An Autumn Afternoon grid.jpg (1876x3240, 723K)

none of them

Typhoon Club looks...interesting..

here you go fren: t. wrote a thesis on japanese film history

>japanese "cinema"

Attached: 14978114308901.webm (900x506, 2.89M)

Is Marika at least good, that's all I care about

Give me your top ten pre-occupation talkies.

Is it out in 1080p with eng subs yet?

August in the Water.

midnighteye.com/reviews/august-in-the-water/
youtube.com/watch?v=odZeB4QolOU

when you say this, does this include the old movies?

That's fairly retarded. I mean, isn't it funny you're alluding to "Japanese critics" and their dismissal of Kurosawa for the very SAME reasons Japanese critics praised Akutagawa's Rashomon? His early stories were literally praised for being more Western than Japanese, and he's still revered today, even though all he did was work with traditional folk stuff in a novel Western way (innovative frame narrative, more psychological analysis of characters, more immersive descriptive atmospheres, etc.)

Critics are hypocrites. During Meiji, every
Japanese artist and their government copied every Western shit because it meant "being modern", subtly adapting shit for Japanese sensibilities. They oversaturated the market in 4 or 5 decades.
Americans start to cuck Japanese life and culture (see Mishima). Critics became fed up.
>hurr durr why fellow countryman not return to Japanese roots
Fucking hypocrites I tell you.

I know nothing of Japanese cinema (and cinema in general), but Tampopo was a fun film to watch.

So the weebs were right, japs IRL really are just like their cartoons.

t. a transvestite

Okay, I will start with that.

do japanese people really do this?

>a shitty anime live action adaption cash in
You know these are literally the Japanese equivalent of those shitty sci-fi channel original movies right. It would be like a Japanese person posting Sharknado and going "American cinema everybody".

Shoot, I focused on postwar cinema, but let's see... Ozu is undoubtedly up there, The Only Son is my top prewar work of his - up there with Tokyo Twilight as one of his most powerful films. I was lucky enough to see a screening of Mizoguchi's Osaka Elegy a few years back, which has really stuck with me. Also, I gotta shoutout Army (1944) - just for that ending sequence alone - Kinoshita really doesn't get as much respect as he deserves. On top of that? The 47 Ronin, Mr. Thank You and Ornamental Hairpin (pretty much any of the few films by Shimizu that I've seen). But yeah, if you have any, I'd love to get some prewar recommendations.

Yeah, it's been a long-time favourite of mine too.

Attached: Army (1944) dir. Kinoshita.jpg (1200x899, 90K)

why do people take this shit post seriously? is it because they also make their cartoon?

The Ballad of Narayama is one of the best films I've ever seen and I don't know why it's never mentioned in jap movie threads.

Attached: balladofnarayama.jpg (1475x900, 254K)

based fucking weirdo

Attached: 1523864705041.png (1086x1119, 1.02M)

Kys

Mizoguchi gets plenty of respect in film history. Mikio Naruse, however, is the true definition of an overlooked great.

Fucking this.

but what is American cinema at the moment

Wrong Kids Return is great and underrated

None?

Mishima was so gay lol

Japs can't make ki-

Attached: snk_thatday.jpg (5760x2400, 2.12M)

>Inhales
Sex

>Oi. Where's your running away loicense

no

>Blue Spring
BASED

This is absolutely true. Besides the categories you mentioned - it's all cringey trash

Incorrect, and we already went over this.

I love these threads

Thanks, I'll try to work through those. I asked because I haven't watched much from that time, and it can be difficult to simply figure out what is worth tracking down.
I recently watched Osaka Elegy and was surprised by how good it is. It's here if anyone is interested.
youtube.com/watch?v=w497OJtsYxw

What are some movies like this?

It's actually the only classic jap movie I've seen, I was 7 or 8 year old and I clearly remember there was a peasant fucking a dog.

Hana-bi is so overrated

one of the few honest portrayals of peasants in cinema

If you're looking for something to watch please download all of Kitano's movies and watch them in chronological order
He has great style, both as an actor and a director

Attached: Kikujiro.1999.mkv_snapshot_00.41.59_[2019.06.18_11.18.00].jpg (1920x1038, 1.01M)

What's with the massive rift in quality between modern Japanese animated films and live-action ones? Ever since Kurosawa died nobody has taken his place in creating live-action jap kino.

Attached: Akira.webm (848x480, 2.21M)

Agreed.

>watching live action shit
>watching capeshit
This board has the worst taste

Attached: 1555536109507.gif (200x200, 512K)

Attached: 001.webm (890x480, 2.19M)

Reminder that all anime fans are gay and like Yu-Gi-Oh

Attached: yugioh-1158993-1280x0.jpg (1280x724, 134K)

Anime is in the gutter nowadays, live action is still good but you're the typical clueless gaijin talking about shit he knows nothing about.

money

the japanese film industry is essentially bankrupt and chasing a steadily shrinking market

>Anime is in the gutter nowadays
According to meme masters who don't watch anime and only repeat what they hear.

god i wish that where me

I’m Are his other movies better or is he just a meme director

Well yeah, he was a homo

That's not capeshit

I haven't seen hana-bi yet
Violent Cop, A Scene at the Sea, and Kikujiro are all personal 10/10s for me but unless hana-bi is a significant departure in his style then you probably won't like them anyway

Attached: Kikujiro.1999.mkv_snapshot_00.43.53_[2019.06.18_11.23.44].png (1920x1038, 3.99M)

this is one of my favorite movies

it also has a nice soundtrack by the based joe god
youtube.com/watch?v=544bkI1hmGk

Attached: b5-kidsreturn.jpg (317x450, 24K)

she cute

And she's probably an alien or ancient princess or goddess. I don't know, Japan is weird.

I need to watch Kikujiro, thanks for the reminder

Excellent. Please enjoy it

Attached: Kikujiro.1999.mkv_snapshot_00.52.50_[2019.06.18_11.25.02].jpg (1920x1038, 1.07M)

To be honest this is like a soap opera that you are judging by Hollywood standards. This is clearly replicating a cartoony anime style in live action and not trying to be dramatic.

We talkin bout Japanese kino?

Attached: Takashi_Miike-p3.jpg (300x370, 38K)

even white girls kiss their dogs with more passion

You must be american if you think that's what they said

No.

Yes. Practically nobody these days has seen any anime beyond a couple really popular ones. Nobody has any idea what's going on.

This guy is a sellout. Hasn't made kino in over a decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=rlgBjVOn6Ls

Same can be said for film except it's easy to see what anime get made each season and very few slip between the cracks. A lot if the more critically acclaimed ones I'd recent years are also just manga adaptations.

He just premiered a movie during Cannes. Dunno if it's good tho

Yes, it is easy. But very few people have even a vague grasp of what gets made each season. People don't watch anything except what everyone else is hyping. Who watched Revue Starlight or Gridman? Nobody.

why all the pee on the ground?

Damn I love this one.

This is a show for girls btw

Think OP just died from oxygen deprivation, it's been 3 hours since he last breathed

what if he was just inhaling really slowly

>for the very SAME reasons Japanese critics praised Akutagawa's Rashomon?

That depends. Were the critics who praised Akutagawa's Rashomon the same critics who criticized Kurosawa's Rashomon?

*exhales*

Attached: JC2.webm (890x480, 2.78M)

Nah, just an American yakuza girl.

That's crap though.

Shohei Imamura, you pleb.

No, that's the truth. It's very rare for people to watch anime beyond the word of mouth favorites. That's why nobody knows what's going on.

built for bwc

The editing and campy performance makes it kino, IMO. The story is probably garbage.

But your examples are crap, is my point.

OK, but obviously not as good as Summer.
youtube.com/watch?v=WDH_nJM3djc

You don't even know what they are. You just said they're crap automatically because you have to maintain the narrative. It's always this same shit with you people.

But yu-gi-oh is the tightest shit

Attached: Yami_Yugi___Five_by_KingofGETs.png (500x500, 99K)

almost brother

Moderfucker, tokusatsu is the hill you want to die on?

Real talk, an I the only one who likes gibli solely for its animation. I haven't seen a movie by them where I enjoy the plot or anything, they're mostly boring, except for pom Poko

Oh look, you hastile googled Gridman and found out about something called "tokusatsu" and figured that must be some bad thing.

Yakuza Apocalypse is certified kino

I am in love with anime but you are better off not arguing with modern anime fans who think they are being trailblazers by gulping up whatever is playing on jp daytime tv

>sushi
Spotted the reddit faggot.

Are you retarded or just pretending? tokusatsu is nippon capeshit.

Feels like it's been interpolated.

It's just the way he words his posts. I have no interest on shitting on people obsessed with sentai, but if they're trying to pretend like its revolutionary and genre defining then I can't help it. And he has the audacity to lick Kurosawa's ass and pretend like no director since has been good.

Keit-ai literally is the highest grossing animu of all time tho.

No, are YOU retarded? You're fanatically clinging to this narrative that modern anime is bad because someone told you it's bad, and you automatically claim that any anime I mention must be bad without even knowing what those anime are. You've never seen Gridman or Revue.

Gridman and Revue aired at midnight, and even if they had aired during the day what difference would that make?

Where did I say any of these things?

Here you moron

Not my post, moron.

>tokusatsu is nippon capeshit.
Most tokusatsu unironically have better plot than capeshit, even though they're made for children

70s kino

Attached: Lullaby of the Earth.jpg (708x1000, 108K)

I like anime but prefer magic the gathering

I have Blind Beast downloaded in absolute shit quality dvd rip but I haven't watched it yet, wish I knew where to get better rips that aren't private trackers

No way of knowing that since you butt in and argued his point for him, retard. Still, you have shit taste.

Perhaps, but it's still low brow capeshit.

yugioh is lowkey redpilled though

kino

pls respond

I didn't butt into anything, I responded to >Still, you have shit taste.
"Shit taste" = "I have narcissistic personality disorder." And again you have no idea what Revue and Gridman are, you are just talking shit at random.

shoot, avistaz had open registrations a few days ago. I can find one release on torrentz2 that is 2GB, maybe try this one?

Attached: bara no futetsu.jpg (750x1000, 108K)

Not enough strong independent women for you, sweaty?

Found it, thank you

more realistic expression than the shitty live action

Have you heard this with sound?
>>>wsg/2888372

because all the many y chromosomes are lying somewhere in the pacific

I can't fucking find Blue Spring online and I've been wanting to watch that since I was a kid/teenager

I can't find this movie either. Where are you guys finding these obscure Japanese films?

Unmitigated Kino, every single one of these.

Attached: 1531134656532.jpg (427x448, 42K)

pinku kino

Attached: Violent Virgin.png (720x540, 524K)

Both of these have dozens of sources on a single torrent site search guys, come on.

Attached: 1558295409442.jpg (662x565, 30K)

>the absolute state of Yea Forums

its been on youtube for a while bro youtube.com/watch?v=M_FEdQZBDlU

>kitano film
>obscure
it's not that hard to find on torrent sites, on streaming sites it can be hard to find yeah

Attached: 1555519408260.jpg (657x527, 170K)

-... My god...

Attached: pieck.png (500x251, 76K)

Kek

why does it look squashed

BASED
and
TRUMPILLED

Japanese kino is made in a Wrestling ring.

Attached: 1529418051931.webm (800x450, 2.96M)

Oh yes yes.

I can't find this one subbed in spanish ;_;

Attached: minna_yatteruka_getting_any-849336161-large.jpg (283x400, 18K)

Who's the white cutie

I see you like 5s, but do you like dubs?

Attached: 36177827832.jpg (1200x796, 144K)

>My gook cartoons are K-KINO

I wanna be that couch!

Porco Rosso is Japanese and it isn't a cartoon.

how cute and funny

Uhhh... is this legal?

Why is this so popular???

Attached: wallblock.webm (550x298, 2.69M)

>It's not a cartoon
imagine being this utterly fucking retarded

How is it retarded to make a factual statement? In what way is Porco Rosso supposed to be a cartoon?

>japanese """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""men""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
lol

You've either gotta torrent them or become a Criterionfag

kabedon is the ultimate show of dominance.

The West is getting cucked out of existence. Maybe you should be more worried about Western "men" instead of Japanese ones.

the acting is really not the problem of that shit. The editor needs to stay away from everything

Name your top few anime from the past 2 years

For what purpose?

im not an amerimutt, faggot. i have nothing to worry about.

Attached: tuxedopepe1.jpg (334x506, 42K)

You have shit taste because you like shit animu.

Europe is doing worse than America. Britain, Germany, France and Sweden will probably not exist by 2119.

See

I want to see if you claim is worth while.
>Nobody has any idea what's going on.

lads.... why do different cultures like different things??? what the fuck? everything should be american.

How are you going to see that? What you are actually trying to do is a kind of proxy argument where I list my favorite anime from the last few years, you say they're all shit, and then you declare yourself the winner for exposing my "shit taste." You do this because you have no arguments to make, and you think that if you win this proxy argument then you will the real argument too. But that's not how it works.

Why is Japan so bad at color grading? Has all the radiation given the light a sickly green pallor?

American movies have shitty color grading too.

If I've seen them and I think they're shit, then I'll call them shit. If I haven't watched them then I won't comment on their quality, and I'll respect at least some merit from your comment in regards of people not truly paying attention. If I've seen them and like them, then the only thing left is to consider their mainstream opinion.

If you're going to be jaded and refuse to have a discussion based on the worst case scenario of what I might do, there's no point in engaging at all.

You haven't seen them and you are going to call them shit no matter what because that's how this works.

You didn't ask me about how much anime I've seen, you just asked me to list my favorites so you can then attack my "shit taste" and declare yourself the winner.

Why do they do literal interpretations of the manga panels instead of just adapting it?

You have shit taste because you like shit animu.

See Do you have issues with reading comprehension?

Do you? You have shit taste because you like shit animu.

See Look at the post. Read the post. Take the post into account in your next response. This is not rocket science.

>Britain, Germany, France and Sweden
i dont live in any of those

>You haven't seen them and you are going to call them shit no matter what because that's how this works.
Like I said, you're wasting everyone's time if you're just posting in bad faith.

>You didn't ask me about how much anime I've seen
I don't care. You can build a bigger list by watching exclusively trash. That's the same in any medium and every genre.

>you just asked me to list my favorites so you can then attack my "shit taste" and declare yourself the winner.
I asked you to name "a few of your favourite" (noticed how I said few) from the past two years (important) to get a context of your posts. You mention "really popular ones" and hint at another obscure group of anime which I'm interested to know what you think is included in that.

If I was trying to bait you wouldn't I have been more aggresive and asked you to name 10 from the past season?

I love that this thread turned into a little microcosm of Yea Forums complete with the insecurity and refusal to engage

Attached: Kikujiro.1999.mkv_snapshot_00.39.14_[2019.06.18_11.17.03].jpg (1920x1038, 895K)

Okay. You have shit taste because you like shit animu.

Why are you so concerned about Japan yet not concerned about those countries?

>Like I said, you're wasting everyone's time if you're just posting in bad faith.
You are the one posting in bad faith. You are just pretending otherwise because I immediately caught on to your plan.

>I don't care.
Because it wasn't part of your plan. If you were posting in good faith then the amount of anime I've seen would be the central question.

When you claim someone has shit taste it means you have narcissistic personality disorder, and once again you have not seen either of those shows. You have no argument, you only have a narrative you are desperately trying to hold on to.

>gives self brain damage
Dumb Shibata

Some people just have shit taste and you have shit taste because you like shit animu. Deal with it.

sword of doom is pure incel kino

kill yourself, twitch zoomer

You have no arguments to make. You are conceding that you have lost and I have won. Don't like it? Try to prove me wrong (you can't).

It's fucking mind-boggling how people obsess over this kind of stuff even though they don't watch anime.

No tampopo.

Fail

Attached: BrainletChinaman - Copy.jpg (426x474, 54K)

you can't

This was kino. Didn't think I'd have to explain to my gf what Enkou is at the exit of the theatre though.
youtu.be/9382rwoMiRc

Attached: manbiki_kazoku.jpg (556x755, 116K)

>postwar
Are we going to pretend pre ww2 Japanese cinema has any merit or that anyone has heard or seen it at all?

Should have Death By Hanging instead of In The Realm Of Senses.

>You are the one posting in bad faith. You are just pretending otherwise because I immediately caught on to your plan.
>literally no u
Come on to fuck dude, I'm giving you time and trying to see if you're posts are worth your salt. For all I know you've got in the mind JoJo is obscure.
What are you talking about?
Asobi Asobase?
Devilman?
Megalo Box?
Dororo?
Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru?
Hinomaruzumou?
Mahoutsukai no Yome?

>Because it wasn't part of your plan.
Correct, my plan is to see what recent obscure anime you think is good to judge if your posts hold weight. Not for some dumb metric of how much you've seen becasue I don't see how many you've seen holds any weight in discussion about RECENT and OBSCURE anime.

based

Attached: 1560634311312.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

You mean bring a whore?

>literally no u
That wasn't a no u response. Does nobody even know what this means anymore?

>I'm giving you time and trying to see if you're posts are worth your salt.
This is false for reasons already explained.

>Correct, my plan is to see what recent obscure anime you think is good to judge if your posts hold weight.
Your plan is to stage a proxy argument because you cannot deal with the real argument.

>Not for some dumb metric of how much you've seen
Which would actually be relevant, unlike what you are trying to push here.

How did you win bro. You never said anything. And so you don't get confused, Im not the same guy you've been talking with.

Attached: 1546719086025.jpg (540x720, 45K)

I said plenty of things, all of which you ignored because you couldn't deal with it.

>And so you don't get confused, Im not the same guy you've been talking with.
Even if we pretend you aren't, you have assumed his position in the thread so it doesn't matter.

To be fair, you need to have a really high IQ to appreciate Japanese classics.

Attached: tampons.webm (720x480, 2.9M)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enjo_kōsai

I've only watched Sonatine and Hanabi from him, liked Sonatine a lot more. He does have a distinctive style to him which makes him a meme director on here I guess? He's basically the total opposite of

>That wasn't a no u response. Does nobody even know what this means anymore?
>I said your posts and in bad faith
>you said: You are the one posting in bad faith

>Your plan is to stage a proxy argument
>Your grand plan isn't what you've claimed! It's actually to set a trap for me!

>because you cannot deal with the real argument.
I CANNOT deal with the your argument because it holds no fucking weight!

>Fairys are real bro
>show me
>no you're just going to pretend you can't see them and then call me crazy

>Which would actually be relevant, unlike what you are trying to push here.
How is the ammount of anime you've seen relevant to a smaller pool of recent anime?
How is the ammount of anime you've seen relevant in a discussion around obscure anime in which I don't know the obscurity which that number holds behind it?

>Japs should just stick to animation, they clearly suck at live action.
I blame the Matrix and Hong Kong cinema, Japs started overusing ugly-ass digital filters and shitty effects after the Matrix, crouching tiger hidden dragon and Shitlin Soccer came out.

>you said: You are the one posting in bad faith
And I explained why. Or did you somehow miss that?

>Your grand plan isn't what you've claimed! It's actually to set a trap for me!
Correct. People always try to trap me in these threads.

>I CANNOT deal with the your argument because it holds no fucking weight!
I would ask you how it doesn't hold weight but we are in this situation because you couldn't deal with the argument so it's not like I would get a response.

>How is the ammount of anime you've seen relevant to a smaller pool of recent anime?
We are talking about having knowledge of what is going on with anime, so obviously the amount of anime I've seen is relevant.

You say this as if Americans movies aren't doing the same thing.

imagine typing this

Attached: autism_.jpg (1180x1071, 424K)

Yeah, but Japanese special effects are still stuck in 1999 and shit looks really tacky.

schizophrenic Yea Forums native seasonal trash gobbler seething, determined to run this thread to 300 replies so that he can finally escape with his imaginary honor intact

Attached: 1558226857449.jpg (398x376, 37K)

imagine being this much of a weeb

poor user your mind is going

Imagine being an NPC who is programmed to get triggered whenever he sees too many responses in one post.

American movies are up to their asses in filtering and color grading and effects.

I'm not schizophrenic, I'm not from Yea Forums, seasonal doesn't mean anything, and I'm not determined to run this thread to any number of replies. I'm just replying as necessary. If you don't like it, stop posting.

No, you are an NPC. See above.

Great film.

>Mikio Naruse
I'm looking over his work now and to be honest a lot of his output seems very samey?

What are you even talking?

That guy is alpha af.

>I'm not schizophrenic
you're not making a great case for this, I just came in right now an instantly noticed your weirdness.

And I say both of those girls in that Japanese show are built for BWC, and indeed you have shit taste in anime. Seethe harder phaggot.

see

>I would ask you how it doesn't hold weight
You claim to be paying attention to wider anime and not just the mainstream. How can I trust this claim if I don't know what you say that is? We cannot move on from the original point because you refuse to fully make it.

>We are talking about having knowledge of what is going on with anime, so obviously the amount of anime I've seen is relevant.
The discussion is on recent anime, which should cut down the relevance of that list by a big ammount.
Next is my interest of what you consider not the popular mainstream which you claim no one else is paying attention to, which I will have no idea what percentage that is within your number.

I said it last post but this sums up your logic:
>Fairys are real bro
>Show me
>No you're just going to pretend you can't see them and then call me crazy

Why even mention it then?! Let me tell you, I know your reasoning for doing so.

Ozu's silents are great
Can't speak for anything else

Is there any anime where they aren't ridiculously melodramatic and over-exaggerated with everyone screeching non-stop for no reason? Their live action is increasingly becoming like that too but anime seemingly was just always like that from the start, only children who need things exaggerated when explained to them could believably enjoy this shit

they got her to play pic related in the live action

Attached: 1515572691940.jpg (1920x3240, 1.06M)

You cannot produce any evidence showing that I am schizophrenic.

You have lost the argument.

>How can I trust this claim if I don't know what you say that is?
You didn't ask me for relevant information, you wanted to start a proxy argument.

>Next is my interest of what you consider not the popular mainstream which you claim no one else is paying attention to, which I will have no idea what percentage that is within your number.
I can't even make out what is happening in this sentence.

>I said it last post but this sums up your logic:
Your logic is that if you "prove" that I have "shit taste" then you somehow with the main argument, which again is not the case.

Attached: 1553766654104.jpg (1920x1920, 568K)

>Is there any anime where they aren't ridiculously melodramatic and over-exaggerated with everyone screeching non-stop for no reason?
Yes, but you are never going to acknowledge their existence because they don't fit the narrative you want to maintain.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable Chapter I

>Yes
Give examples, I was genuinely asking

>Ikiru
Go watch it.
Now.
Before it's too late.
Please user.

Attached: 1542597895670.png (960x960, 1.2M)

it's just like anime

Sure you were.

Based Japan. Fuck jewpigs and ameripigs

based

>Anime all melodramatic as shit, is it all like this?
>YEAH BUT YOU DON'T CARE SO FUCK YOU
>I asked if it was all like this, which ones aren't?
>LALALALALA FUCK YOU
I see.

I didn't lose the argument retard. I'm not an user who was talking to you previously, I just noticed you're a complete faggot in this thread and stated a couple of facts. Dilate more.

pot calling the kettle black mate

please dont tell wageslaves to watch it, they have to keep working and provide the neetbux

Just movies?
Jin Roh, any Satoshi Kon movie, a lot of Ghibli films, Ghost in the Shell. Etc etc etc...
Really it just seems like you are making up a criticism

Alright that's 2 (two) movies + a 1944 picture which is borderline cheating. Torrenting only son rn but I remain convinced pre ww2 jap cinema isn't notable enough to merit its own category.

Is this actually worth watching or is it another one of those films people just feel obligated to praise due to it's total length?

No, this is Japanese cinema.

Attached: seven_samurai.gif (500x294, 973K)

Do you expect me to fall for this? Really?

I don't care if you aren't him. You assumed his position in the thread. If you don't like the implications of that, then stop assuming his position in the thread.

>Dilate more.
Project more.

How?

Is this the guy that seppuku'd? My exgf was obsessed with japanese authors

You know, we laugh and all, but the day people take a step away from our "objetively good" way of doing scenes we'll be laughing too. Or do you honestly think people talking only via perfectly timed, overly dramatic whammy whispers is somehow better or less ridiculous?

>You didn't ask me for relevant information, you wanted to start a proxy argument.
This is a disagreement about what we each find relevant information. From what I see you're the one starting the proxy.

I don't care about your number becasue
1. I don't know what percentage is taken up by your non-mainstream anime (Which is what I'm interested in)
2. The discussion is around recent anime I also don't know what percentage this would take up.

>Your logic is that if you "prove" that I have "shit taste" then you somehow with the main argument, which again is not the case.
My logic is that I see what you consider as anime that no one is paying attention to as JoJo's bizzare adventure and One-Punch man, then I don't find any weight on what you consider obscure. I don't care about your taste, I was interested in seeing someone's POV who had a wider scope of recent anime.

I'm not sure why you claim to be avoiding being "trapped" when you trapped yourself in this corner. If I was satisifed making you look like a fool then I would've stopped posting seveal replies back as you've managed to do it yourself.

I won't be replying anymore if your next reply is just avoiding the subject or claiming I'm attempting to trap you in some way. If I can offer advice, I'd tell you to stop posting here because your unwillingness to engage properly in discussion on the fear of some sort of trap (which will happen, mostly for the fun of others which is the spirit of this place) will just make you more unhappy then you already are on thie site. It appears to have effected you already based on your logic and reponses, don't get caught up in any meme that you belong here and look for elsewhere for engagement.

I've seen some of Miyazaki's stuff and the first Ghost in the Shell movie already, they don't change my view on this. Saw Kon's Paranoia Agent a long time ago after hearing him praised so much and wasn't impressed but I never did get around to watching any of his movies, is there one in particular you'd recommend?

I'll look into Jin Roh.

>This is a disagreement about what we each find relevant information. From what I see you're the one starting the proxy.
It's very clear that what you present as "relevant information" is not relevant at all.

>From what I see you're the one starting the proxy.
What an absolutely absurd act of projection. Your dishonesty knows no bounds.

>I don't care about your number becasue
Because it wasn't relevant for the proxy argument you wanted to start.

>My logic is
Exactly what I just said it was. You got busted. I see right through you. People have tried to pull this shit on me countless times.

>I'm not sure why you claim to be avoiding being "trapped" when you trapped yourself in this corner.
You are the one who is trapped.

>If I was satisifed making you look like a fool then I would've stopped posting seveal replies back as you've managed to do it yourself.
You are the one who looks like a fool.

>I won't be replying anymore if your next reply is just avoiding the subject
> your unwillingness to engage properly in discussion
Holy shit. The entire point here is that YOU have been avoiding the subject by attempting to derail this into a proxy argument that has nothing to do with the subject.

You mean you're watching his filmography? Or just browsing through some reviews? I don't understand

>Why are you so concerned about Japan yet not concerned about those countries?
im not concered. im laughing at their girlish """"""men""""""

t. retard

Yeah, Yukio Mishima, he done it after failing to inspire a coup detat.

Why? Again, the West is getting cucked out of existence. Japan is not.

Overexaggeration is the whole appeal of anime
there are anime that are more restrained but most of them would be better as live-action (Japan's own critics agree with this sentiment even) anyway
To be honest the mandate on voice actors squealing and screeching like children all the time in anime instead of just talking normally like they do in their cinema is more annoying, but again that plays into the whole overexaggeration thing that appeals to the target audience

>I HAVE AN OBSCURE TASTE OF ANIME, NOT LIKE THOSE MAINSTREAM PLEBS!
>Interesting, what do you consider obscure?
>FOOL, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TRAP ME!
>What?
>WOULDN'T YOU RATHER KNOW HOW MANY ANIME I HAVE SEEN?
>I HAVE SEEN OVER 1000-
>I'm not interested, I was just wondering what you considered to be obscure anime in today's scene
>ASK ME HOW MUCH ANIME I'VEV SEEN
>HELLO?
>HAHA, TRAP AVOIDED!

Attached: grayons.jpg (720x736, 32K)

I mean I'm just looking at some basic descriptions of his films, they all sound very samey (working woman struggling with life and mainly love seems to be his blatantly main thing?)

>Overexaggeration is the whole appeal of anime
It isn't.

>there are anime that are more restrained but most of them would be better as live-action (Japan's own critics agree with this sentiment even) anyway
An anime would not be the same thing in live action just because it can technically be executed in live action. You could make K-On in live action shot for shot and it would not be the same thing as the anime at all.

>To be honest the mandate on voice actors squealing and screeching like children all the time in anime
This isn't happening.

I said from the start that people don't know what's going on with anime, you're the only one going on about some obscure/mainstream dichotomy.

>When you claim someone has shit taste it means you have narcissistic personality disorder
lmao

There is hope yet, even for them.

Attached: 1464135617993.jpg (465x465, 171K)

>Hory shit he's still going

Attached: 1481829158342.jpg (600x375, 15K)

>To be honest the mandate on voice actors squealing and screeching like children all the time in anime instead of just talking normally like they do in their cinema is more annoying, but again that plays into the whole overexaggeration thing that appeals to the target audience
Voice actors and actresses are very specifically trained to do that and get paid plenty for it

I simply stated a fact.

Because you are still going. If you don't like it, just stop posting.

It brings this to mind for me. This guy is autistic for real.

Attached: 1560092193517.jpg (640x392, 27K)

How is stating a fact autism?

Pretty much. It's why even the "serious" film adaptations of anime are goofy and over-acted, that's just how the source material is. They should just stop adapting anime to film altogether really, they're too different.

Manga is an extremely varied medium and consists of far more than the likes of Nisekoi.

Did you mean to reply to me?

Anything from the 60's isn't really post war.

Obviously.

>Hits guy with her knee
>Knee vanishes in the next shot
Aight.