Is it really as bad as they say?

Attached: 51bTWMS2nNL.jpg (346x500, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=En0odS5HgtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UQyDNLaV-iM
youtube.com/watch?v=SIyuJOh3T-Q
youtu.be/WLKbcrC0krQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xt0Fv0W-CSo
youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw
youtu.be/Z4_4p15iGlU
youtu.be/pz8KTaU8D_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. It's kino. And watch the departed after if you haven't seen it

watched it only for DDL. The set piece felt cramped and I didn't buy it and of course, the performances from main girl and leo were abysmal.

Yes. It's garbage, feels like a straight to tv movie.

It's still the only movie I've seen where the word "cunny" is said out loud

it can get pretty schlocky

youtube.com/watch?v=En0odS5HgtQ

Di Caprio and Diaz are the worst things of the film, the story itself is really good.

Attached: 7567868686.jpg (768x489, 35K)

Who says it's bad? It's one of the best movies in the last 20 years

When DDL is on screen, it's great. When he isn't, it's mediocre.

And Diaz is terrible.

in reality worse as for the movie bill the butcher saves it youtube.com/watch?v=UQyDNLaV-iM

Attached: billthebutcher.jpg (975x600, 109K)

really is a shame that an all time performance is wasted in an otherwise mediocre film

This is the case with every Daniel Day Lewis film.

They also use it in Unforgiven.

BY THE ANCHIENT LAWZ OF CAHMBAT!

Anderson had something good for him in There Will Be Blood

Awful casting. Whoever thought Diaz could hold her own in a movie like this must have been either mental or gaining favors

Cut out Diaz and that bullshit long sequence of the city rioting and getting shelled and it would be improved.

>movie concludes with the federal govt bombarding a riot over the draft, denying two SOULful gangs the conclusion of their conflict and melts them down into SOULless skyscapers
actual kino desu famalam
youtube.com/watch?v=SIyuJOh3T-Q

Attached: 44c45b9403c6e5ba1abdfcc0c241923d.jpg (660x660, 40K)

If you want historical accuracy sure, but it's clearly not meant to be. If you go in with the mindset to expect fantastical over the top, almost shakespearean drama it's excellent.

They use it in Deadwood all the time, cocksucka.

I always found it ironic DDL agreed to play Bill considering he's Catholic-Irish, but then again I guess he's the best person to portray a crazy Protestant.

>crazy
Papist detected.

Bit of a cunt, ain't ya Bill?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x544, 153K)

*throws cleaver*
youtu.be/WLKbcrC0krQ

Nobody calls it bad, but it's just okay. DDL is the only thing that's truly great about it and reason enough to watch it so why not? Worst case scenario, you've wasted time on a 3 hour Scorsese flick.

brah you know what acting is right? Did you watch Schindler's List and think Ralph Fiennes was a literal Nazi

You had to watch this movie in 2002 to know what it was really about

Today, it's a mediocre. But back in 2002, americans loved this movie because it was AMERICA FUCK YEAH, with that ending and the towers still standing. I'm sure scorsese had something else in mind, but they made him do the propaganda piece that americans needed in 2002

I saw this in the cinema and a group of niggers in front of me got up and walked put after 15 minutes

I secretly kinda hoped.

I think I know what you're getting at. The Rami Spiderman also had that rally up let's go America shit

youtube.com/watch?v=Xt0Fv0W-CSo

>irish gang starts mobilising
>youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Immigration Reform by Bill the Butcher.
>youtu.be/Z4_4p15iGlU

>americans loved this movie
You know it was a flop, right?

>ten oscar noms
flop
that's not how this works friendo.

in the box office retard it barely made up it's budget + marketing at best the studios broke even

The editing is just sooo bad for some reason

Every time I see DDL in a role I'm immediately pulled out of the movie. His insistence on being LE EPIC ACTOR MAN and upstage everyone is really jarring.

God I hate this board sometimes. How contrarian do you have to be? If you think ddl playing bill is a bad performance, well why don’t you name some good performances? He’s easily in the top 5 percent of actors. So if he’s bad then they all are.

>70M domestic on a 100M budget

Yeah, that's how a flop works.

>youtu.be/pz8KTaU8D_A
I'm thinking this is a bad clip since you probably don't even need to act to be more retarded than him in this scene.

oscar nominated movies can't be considered flops. sorry.

based

you don't know what flop means retard

It's better on re-watch, when you know what tone to expect. It was really jarring the first time for me. Don't take it too seriously.

They absolutely can, admittedly in the past it was reserved for the garbage awards. As corrupt and out of touch with reality as they are now anything goes.

everyone shits on diaz but honestly the little faggot kid from ET was waaaaay worse

>they don't know what hollywood accounting means
>they actually thing the numbers are real

holy fucking shit lmao

>it's another retard just can't admit he's wrong episode
go to bed faggot

Who's that? The guy who gets stuck on the fence or the actual kid from the start of the movie? I never cared for ET when I was little.

Oscar bait makes its money back in other ways. It's not expected to pull a big profit on tickets. It's an investment in the next dozen movies.

No matter how much you want to bullshit, your claim that Americans loved it back then is unfounded and retarded. The money it did make, it made it overseas.

Different guy, the one replying to "oscar noms cant be flops" but he's wrong on multiple levels instead of measuring it differently to be correct at least once.

Drew Barrymore.

johnny, the ginger guy who gets his brains blown out by leo after bill tortures him

he was elliott in ET

I though you meant in Gangs of New York. Diaz had one funny role when she played that weird bitchy elementary school teacher. I recall she takes out a bong in a car in front of the school or something similar. I recognize Barrymore but can't recall a single good movie with her in it.

So it was the guy who got impaled on the fence after all.

Thought you were trying to reference Charlie's Angels. Had no idea about the Johnny guy.

based