Harry Potter

Let's get a Harry Potter thread going, talk about whatever you want as long as it's Harry Potter related.

Attached: harry potter.jpg (825x464, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UZoAl8-XQmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sneed

Movies are shit, books are great

NYOOOWWWWW!

Attached: d02ac374cd269f797721355d10432f9b21b4dd2f_00.gif (320x130, 286K)

Films are fucked by trying to shoehorn the maximum amount from the books. Some characters appear for like 30 seconds combined, storylines are teased and not resolved, or crammed into the single movie and fuck up their development and impact.

"No!"

Why the fuck do we even need the Deathly Hallows? They were introduced in the penultimate movie (a sure sign of poor mcguffin insertion), and they are not even fucking needed. Like, at all. If you conceive some reason for how Voldemorts gets Harry's usual wand (could even use the same plot device, the wand switching hands), the Deathly hallows are literally not needed.

What houses were Fudge and Scrimgeour?

I assumed she thought "Deathly Hallows" sounded cool so wrote them in to justify the title

What if Harry forced Quirrel to shake his hand at the start of the movie

Why does this series pander to such low IQ types?

Attached: 1560396191787.jpg (562x274, 58K)

Hufflepuff and Gryffindor

Great movies. Especially to watch with your gf on a cold night around Christmas while sipping hot chocolate with a little tequila

Attached: hogwarts-boat.jpg (767x431, 42K)

>watching nip cartoons while feeling superior to anyone

>why are children's books easy to read

Attached: least rare.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Books are good despite the flaws of the world
The Chris Columbus movies (1-2) are the only good ones, didn't help that the original (perfectly cast) Dumbledore passed away.
To put it into a form that Yea Forums can understand
Movies 1-2: GoT with ASoIaF aide
Movies 3-8: D&D by themselves

But the first two movies are boring.

>it hasn't been posted yet

Kek.

Harry is freaked by his power of love and prefers a quiet life with the Dursleys.

Fin.

Wingardium Chadviosah

Attached: matt lewis.jpg (800x619, 90K)

Fuck, Nevill looks like THAT?

youtu.be/UZoAl8-XQmo

I don't like how people trash on the series just because it's popular and shitlibs worship it's anti-racist themes.
About the only real criticism I see is rare, like pointing out the genuine overuse of mcguffins and changing rules of magic

Chambers sucks, Azkaban is GOAT

What is the name of this spell?

Attached: 68293421.webm (640x800, 1.68M)

Movies or books? Either way yeah I agree, I just finished reading Order of the Phoenix and it and Prisoner of Azkaban are my favorites so far. For the movies I've only watched 1-3. Chamber of Secrets (the movie) as an adaptation was fine, but I felt the actual book itself/plot and all that was the weakest of all the ones I've read so far
Thotticus

Faggotus Degeneratus

I trash on the series because they cut out all the best shit from the books, which is just the cozy slice-of-life content of attending magical classes and learning spells. Most of that was cut so they could focus more on the main story, which is decent but that's not what appeals to me about Harry Potter. Also the movie version of Ron annoys me

*clink clink clink*
AHEM
FUCK SLYTHERINS
FUCK DEATH EATERS
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
FUCK SNIVELLUS

Attached: sirius.jpg (670x377, 217K)

Damn, Gary Oldman is a handsome bloke.

>he never got to go on crazy adventures with Harry as James 2.0 and teaching him the way of the marauders
Killing him was a mistake, I think. There was so much potential.

Deh!

Attached: 1518925383651.jpg (480x360, 5K)

Who should have died instead?

how many girls do you think got molested then had their memory wiped at hogwarts?

Attached: think.png (741x568, 29K)

Neville

someone from the DA, I think, there's more room for angst that way since Harry would have to deal with that every day at Hogwarts

Chuck

Jej

What is Hogwarts' tax policy?

do you think Ron and Harry would take it in turns to make poly juice potions of all the fittest girls in Hogwarts and fuck each other?

Attached: ginger.jpg (1280x800, 176K)

Attached: 1555098610361.jpg (804x802, 85K)

>About to nut in Polyjuice-Daphne Greengrass' sweet pussy
>She turns back into Ron
>Your dick is now stuck in his body and you're cumming onto his internal organs while he screams in horror

>taxes
no such thing. before you ask, the ministry is funded by robbing muggles

>yfw

Attached: nut.jpg (965x952, 126K)

Taxing and lending money is for ((((((goblins))))))) not proper wizards

3 is decent but you are right

Why did Harry Potter have to be a cucklord? Using fucking disarming spells like a faggot instead spamming uncucked curses like a chad. Fucking tired of "the good guy" always having to be some morally superior nigger instead of just wiping bad guys off the face of the Earth. Fuck this gay shit I'm making a remake and it's gonna be called Dirty Harry.

>literally the worst magic/fantasy based universe

Attached: pe1xjwun86331.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

Only turboautists obsess over lore

Harry Potter is dead.
Cursed Child didn't kill it, but Fantastic Beastiality did.

>Fred and George run a scam where they get a first year a to drink a polyjuice in exchange for unlimited jelly beans and charge people tickets to run a train on them
>they run a premium service just for teachers

Attached: pimps.jpg (1384x899, 124K)

>getting this pretentious about fantasy books
It's just comfy fun, Vergilfag

Attached: 186410140285.gif (500x333, 1.33M)

iirc in the last book he gets into a bit of a tiff about this with remus, he tells harry to stop being a faggot and just shoot to kill but he refuses.

>It's just comfy fun
that's the problem with the later films, they took it all way too seriously.

when was it where every film turned into that green/grey grimdark mess? around 4?

ironically the one with a character called Serious Black

Nah Goblet of Fire was mostly fine in that department, I think it was Order of the Phoenix (5) wherenit started
Prisoner of Azkaban had some dark scenery but it blended well and was more natural. I think what user is talking about is how
the last few movies overused the weird dark blue and greenish filter.

I think Goblet of Fire was the last good film. It all fucking sucked after that.

I PoA but it was definitely the turning point for the series

after Hermione turned into cat beast, Ron got the idea of feeding polyjuice to his rat. With uncontaminated potion he was able turn scabbers into all the top stacys,which he fucked everyday.

You went one film too far.

Goblet was easily the worst one, everything that made the book good was cut out for more action and CGI shit. They don't even show the Dursleys for fucks sake

I can only imagine Pettigrew’s torment, unable to reveal himself, forced to make squeaking noises as Ron forced himself on you, his slick, pubescent body knotted with tension until he finally dumps a big steaming hot load into scabbers/pettigrew/stacy’s pussy and rolls over to sleep

>Hermione turned into cat
holy fuck I forgot about that, imagine what kind of monstrous hybrid fuck creatures you could create.

Attached: furry.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

you could probably mix samples to get things like a qt female Malfoy, or an asymmetric tranny looking monster at the worst

this is why I'd love a harry potter TV show that adheres strictly to the books, but today it's impossible to pull off. it couldve been comfy kino

why didn't harry give the ron or the weasley's some money? he didn't even have a wand for a whole year because of harry

Attached: 1555250349381.gif (320x320, 1.27M)

>vergilfag
Fuck you faggot he's clearly the superior brother

because harry used the leverage to get Ginny to give him sexual favours.

Ronald Weasel

She was originally going to kill Mr. Weasley when Nagini attacked him, so I guess him.

Emma Watson aged like milk.

Why would I want to talk about the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1482159788606.jpg (1623x2886, 1.54M)

thank fuck I thought you'd forgot

>glow in the dark

Attached: 1538906977158.png (802x854, 1.19M)

>They don't even show the Dursleys for fucks sake
I mean..Dudley was there

And there it is

Attached: 1560006769443.png (700x700, 618K)

why does jkr fat shame in the books? does she hate fat people?

Attached: 1554066463411.jpg (576x768, 145K)

>does she hate fat people?

Attached: 5a8a0c12a4479f95b5e26ab6bf6a03b0c842af356b5506ffc59138be4872361b.jpg (500x313, 50K)

I never said I didn't like Vergil, just calling it like I see it
but Dante is still better :^)

Attached: smug.jpg (1280x716, 159K)

Vergil is literally the character archetype Malfoy wishes he was a part of.

Attached: tumblr_inline_nu4s8hKArD1r79k32_500.gif (245x190, 778K)

Kikus Controllus

He tried to, they literally don't let him (mainly Molly and Arthur) because I guess they don't want to take handouts from a kid. Though he actually did give his prize money from winning the Triwizard Tournament (in GoF) to Fred and George so they could start their shop.

>reading fiction

Clothes offus

Attached: 24cc7863873a24f03d9a175832b4c430.jpg (500x667, 70K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 26bv4v2onr.jpg (650x317, 15K)

bump

I don't think I'd be star struck by anyone but ema, Don't think I could even look her in the eye irl

Was he? All I remember is them cutting out the "Harry embarrasses the Dursleys" opening that is the staple of the series. It starts out and they're just at the World Quidditch Cup. When I saw it in theaters I got confused thinking there was something wrong with their copy

Oh shit nevermind I thought you were talking about Order of the Phoenix for some reason, where Dudley and his friends start fucking with Harry at the playground. Yeah pretty sure they just skipped ahead to them staying with the Weasleys.

Attached: 82uwu27c.gif (245x200, 2M)