Am i sleeping on how influential this show was to zoomers growing up?

Am i sleeping on how influential this show was to zoomers growing up?

Attached: 526-SeriesThumb_OP_400x320[1].png (400x320, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lZylQYE6YmU
youtu.be/AL8m1Uktt4c
youtube.com/watch?v=dNi5bO2KQUU
youtube.com/watch?v=SU6AZA810FA
youtu.be/iHoDu-6Xg1Q?t=170
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta
youtube.com/watch?v=l_98K4_6UQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=nZk9Nn-U9sM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I should have kept watching and reading. I tell myself I'll catch up some day but I keep putting it off.

Literally capeshit for trannies. At least marvel is somewhat masculine.

I don't even know what this show is
Avatar, fairly odd parents, Phineas and Ferb were kino

Shows like that are why you are gay and I am based

fags

rekt

4kids (thankfully) destroyed its popularity in the west, or we'd probably have another Naruto on our hands.

>Phineas and Ferb
what a loser, it's rick and morty for toddlers.

One piece has character, creativity, and variety, something many eastern animation and cinema lacks

Attached: 9E92C9B3-7A3D-4A58-9DCC-2676B2B427E2.gif (250x142, 344K)

>kino about brothers sharing a great summer together working out in the yard building and hanign with friends
>show about a pedophilic uncle raping his nephew and making him so mentally broken he thinks hes traveling the universe with him saving the day and the parents are such delusional retard that they dont notice it

The animation is very low quality, read the comic if you're interested.

Attached: DJl2Yp9UQAAoq3E.jpg (1200x877, 387K)

its better than naruto desu; it wouldn't have inspired so much autistic behaviour

The animation is pretty low quality. I still enjoyed it. I also enjoy most of the background music that gives it an extra dimension and fits the world.

the recent animation is shit the older episodes were shit but had fuck ton of charm

One Piece is a more grounded DBZ than Naruto

It wasn’t anything to western zoomers because 4Kids basically fucked that up. Also OP is too fucking long. I love the damn thing but it’s sooo ducking long lmao

And have you seen the Dragon Ball fandom?

>g-goku is the strongest fictional thing!
what sad cringy times

You too? I always felt like it lost it's way around the 100s. The animation became lazier and less thought out too. In the anime.

It's like a different director took over and tried hard to emulate the old guy's style.

Not the same guy. But growing up it was blacks, asians, and mexicans talking to me about dbz. And showing off our dbz shirts we’d bought.

reminder anime and manga is for faggot losers and belongs on the faggot loser board

heh, they've come to the right place then

i started watching this about 6 months ago and im almost caught up, it holds up really well. I've never seen something with worldbuilding quite like one piece. I think once it ends it's going to be remembered as a literary classic for generations.

Attached: 3-8.jpg (708x505, 75K)

>literary classic for generations
sweet jesus

Attached: 1502065270290.jpg (250x241, 7K)

i love op

Dont mind me, just the best one piece opening coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=lZylQYE6YmU

Attached: 1560387133979.png (418x469, 255K)

it's sold something like half a billion copies, just because the west doesn't care about it doesnt mean it isn't important culturally.

for me it's youtu.be/AL8m1Uktt4c

That's a good one.

For me it's OP3.
youtube.com/watch?v=dNi5bO2KQUU

i would rather die than have to watch 1000 fucking episodes of this shit even at 2x speed
the manga is alright though

Behold.

god the way it shows all of their backstories is kino

>How shitty to say
>How shitty to say

how can oda reasonably balance NINE fucking characters getting a good amount of screentime while toriyama can't get anyone besides goku and vegeta to do ANYTHING?

Based

it is a pain to binge now
i was pretty much caught up and had life happen and stopped watching

I am a zoomer and I have no idea what this is. Looks gay as fuck

how did you react?

Attached: 8b90adb4c136f967c33960109612612508c7aa04_hq.jpg (694x662, 99K)

Based

I actually feel bad for you

kino

Oda is a hack now

>Oh.

Kill yourself carrotfag phoneposter

easy this one my black friend
youtube.com/watch?v=SU6AZA810FA

Attached: raw.png (500x274, 203K)

like this youtu.be/iHoDu-6Xg1Q?t=170

Read more you uncultured zoomer piece of shit

One Piece is to zoomers what Dragonball was to us millenials.

Naruto is this weird mixture where both millenials picked it up trying to chase that dragonball high as well as zoomers because it aired in the early 2000s

Kids growing up now post-zoomer are growing up with shingeki no kyojin, mob psycho and other shitty shows.

They might also falsely think that Moe slice of life garbage has been the norm forever.

mob is kino though

How the fuck are you gonna call Naruto a mixture and One Piece zoomer? Nigga they were pretty much airing at the same time in the states. One Piece just got fucked by 4kids so it didn't take off like it should. The only good thing to come out of the 4kids dub was the rap.

>Show

Attached: Speed is weight.png (188x584, 126K)

Moe sol stuff is better than 500 episode trash heaps like n*ruto or dbz.

retard

Because naruto had a millenial following while only zoomers like One Piece.

Ok whatever you say zoom zoom, don't you have some filthy frank and h3h3 memes to spout and streamers to donate to?

You're the cancer that makes millenials hate zoomers. This bullshit right here is what killed anime.

I'm just a sucker for long form adventure shit that you can binge and lose yourself in. it's like when you find a really good video game for the first time.

what anime DO you like? i grew up watching OG dragon ball, Z and naruto at the same time because my country was behind on some of the shows. I don't really get your point.

How can zoomers only like One Piece if the series itself is older than zoomers themselves?

Go back to writing your sasuke vegeta fanfics, dumb fucking boomer

are we really calling a 20 year old series zoomer? why? one piece is older than half the users on this website

Trannys fucking hate One Piece because the women have big tiddies and hourglass figures, and it is a constant reminder that they will never be an actual woman because they are shaped like fucking Grimace

even the disgusting fat pirate woman became sexy
i love one piece

Attached: FOC_Alvida_01_1024x1024.jpg (705x1024, 82K)

Quite a few anime threads on this TEE VEE board, I would like to remind you that "anime" is regurgitated prolefeed aimed at involuntarily celibate manchildren. Anime is the product of a beaten people who imitated the imported saturday morning funnybooks of their US occupiers and somehow turned the shittest export of the West into an entire industry. You need to wake up and smell the piss from those jugs under your bed: the best animated film Japan has ever produced remains Akira (1998, over 30 years old) and the best TV cartoon show Japan ever produced is still NGE (1995, over 20 years old)
>b-but my [insert long running animated trash here]
NO, just stop. your pathetic cartoons can't even depict basic human relationships properly. Name me one (1) popular japanese cartoon where a normal, well-adjusted male youth flirts with a normal, well-adjusted female youth, they date, and then they form a mutually loving normal relationship? You can't because there AREN'T any, it's all nosebleeds, harems, jacking off into your hand over comatose girls, and lolitas. Thank you. now fuck off.

what do trannies think about pic related?

Attached: Emporio+ivankov+aka+best+one+piece+character+after+buggy+_c094739d782cc05b148450e8c2318e7e.jpg (738x414, 92K)

The English dub came out in 2004-2005. 04-05 was right on the cusp between Millennial kid culture and Zoomer kid culture; by then Web 2.0 was emerging and Nick and CN canned all the 90s shows.

who cares, he's pretty great. so is Mr. 2

Have you seen One Piece? The whole series is about stuff young guys think is cool

Right, but that has no bearing on the actual quality of one piece. and that dub was awful and got canned after like 100 episodes.

>Sanji hates trannies so much that he learns to fly by running away from them so fast

this, if DBZ is a male power fantasy then one piece is a male adventure fantasy, shit like loyalty to your friends and rebelling against authority are some of the core themes.

Attached: zImj3 (1).jpg (673x729, 100K)

It wasn't because the dub is dog shit and got cancelled a decade ago

JoJo and Hunter x Hunter are good tho. Some actual intellectual thought was put into them. The vocabulary and the usage of abilities in battles can be pretty smart.

The show is more synonymous with millenials. I'm early Y and I was watching HK rips at 17/18.

anime is for faggots

JoJo and Hunter x Hunter are also prime zoomer trash.

'99 HxH is anime kino.

>Millenial
Dragonball/Z/gt
Gundam Wing
Yu-gi-oh
Digimon
Death Note

>Zoomer
One Piece
Full Metal Alchemist brotherhood
Hunter x Hunter 2011
JoJo
Shingeki no kyojin
Endless sea of Slice of life trash

>Post-Zoomer
One Punch Man
Mob Psycho
Boku no hero academia

Peak shonen appeal to a lot of male things. That why they're called boys anime. Bromance, struggle, hardship ect.

Literal (you)bait and retard. Hxh has some of the most kino moments in any anime

So? it's still firmly within the zoomer era and most of the audience were zoomers making it a zoomer show. Or are you saying something simply being made for zoomers means it's automatically bad?

For all the shit I hear about Japan being collectivist, a lot of their media seems to hold fantasies of rebellion and individualism.

Something about those island Asians that makes them less authoritarian and more creative than their mainland insectoid ancestors/cousins.

Don't get mistaken Japan is still a single-party dictatorship with fake elections. Only one political party has held real power in Japan since WW2 and connections with the Yakuza has led to abominations such as this happening.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta

Stop polluting Yea Forums with your banal obsession and fuck off

Well I'm talking relatively. They're not going around banning X because it questions authority or censoring the internet. So pretty far removed from the Chinks.

That's because they are fully dependent on the USA same with South Korea. If the US ever retreats from these countries they would immediately revert to becoming full dictatorships. Their cultures mindset and values just gravitate towards mindhive dictatorships.

The sacred halls of Yea Forums, right user?

I'm not so sure. Maybe that Ainu blood had some influence on the Yamato people and other migrations.

better than the cesspit of Yea Forums

I don't like Yea Forums either. Younger audience that mostly talks about the latest stuff. I'm not into anime enough to keep up.

he's not a tranny he can actually become a woman

Frankly it goes to shit during EL. The SD 4:3 era had some great charm, but fucking filler. But then the HD 16:9 era goes even further, filler episodes and drawing out 19 pages into 20 minutes, reaction face takes up 50% of an episode etc. It's been fucking horrible for well over a decade.

The 4:3 era animation direction felt tighter too. I remember getting watery eyes in the first 100.

But yeah I tapped out when it took 5 years for them to jump over a drawbridge or something.

not for the west. For the east, yeah, it's huge, but west kind of had middling results. Naruto was much larger, and Bleach was huge for a certain crowd.

In the west, One Piece had the weird 4kids dub that didn't last too long, then it was DVD and maybe some Adult Swim if I remember correctly.

What. There are a few hundred manga/anime where the romance is not of the haremshit variety. You ain't looking hard enough. It's like assuming all sitcoms are TBBT tier trash.

>the west is the US

never said that, but ok, your country is valid too

shit happened so long ago I even forgot

>the best animated film Japan has ever produced remains Akira (1998, over 30 years old)
Overrated shit. Akira is either incomprehensible if you didn't read the manga or unfaithful if you did.

>Am i sleeping on how influential this show was to zoomers growing up?
No. One piece never got anywhere near as popular as DBZ, Naruto or Bleach in the west

>one piece
>zoomers
One piece is fucking old m8. Zoomers watch Hero Academia and Black Clover nowadays.

I watched the recent episodes with lord Cracker and boy oh fucking boy, I have troubles remembering if I ever saw something so fucking hideous in my entire life.
Early seasons were kino, then the quality was kinda up and down, but the recent ones are a new frontier in laziness.

>Early seasons
OP doesn't have seasons, that's the whole problem. It's being churned out non-stop, which means the studio is in a constant rush and half-asses everything.

you might just consider the possibility you're stupid

The only person I know that watches this pays to fuck ladyboys in Thailand without a condom because that's literally the only sex he can get

>incomprehensible
Where did this meme come from?

I just watched this and I spent the entire series repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 10 minutes it was so painful.

I'm sure he means arcs, pedantic faggot

>pedantic
user, the fact that OP doesn't have seasons is the reason the anime is bad. This isn't pedantry, this is actually something worth talking about.

>comparing a meme jap comic with the likes of Shakespeare and Homer

exactly what i imagined one piece fans looking like.

>Bleach
I'll give you the others, but not bleach.

I remember watching it in my early years getting into anime, not liking it. Then watching it a few years later when I was big into mecha and wondering what was wrong with me.

it went stale for a while but they changed staff for the new upcoming arc and it looks good now.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_98K4_6UQ0

nobody did that retard, maybe capeshit is more your speed

Fuck this is a disgusting art style.

Damn... I'm literally in a thai hotel typing this right now...

You realize OP is as old or older than most of the series you put in the millenial category, right?

That's exactly what it means. Japanese culture doesn't matter anywhere but Japan.

I'm so jelly of people who can just to go Thailand whenever they feel like dipping in some boipucci. Like how much money do trips like that cost him a year?

YA YO YAAAA YO

Macca? Get AIDS cunt

It's about when it aired you retard. Only Death Note is newer than One Piece western localization but it was also for an older audience so it's still millenial.

>watching
>One Piece

Jesus user, don't do that to yourself.

The world is not america, retard.

>the old episode preview music

uh yeah, im thinking they're based.

>for an older audience
Both are WSJ series. They're for the same audience.

>it was also for an older audience
americans are so fucking stupid lmfao.

oda where is my friend brook

Scaring ninja loli.

It does have seasons. I think you mean that it doesn't end after a set number of cours (the seasons are counted yearly). After 20 years it would be weird to suddenly start doing adaptions for each arc, whilst I would love that, it won't happen since it started airing during the era where filler arcs were the norm. As far as I'm aware there's also legal/structural bullshit involved if the show goes off the air only to return in a year or so (see gintama adding fucking apostrophes etc to the title, or other anime that add a different subtitle to denote the 'next season'). For what ever reason they can't just pick back up with the same name. It's also a sunday staple, a timeslot they might not want to loose.

>Am i sleeping on
Don't worry dude, you're a proper zoomer.

probably forgot about him, as he shouldve after thriller park

>Boomer
Dragonball / Z / GT
Captain Tsubasa
Yu-Yu Hakusho

>Millenial
Detective Conan
Ranma 1/2
Death Note

>Zoomer
Keijo
Eromanga Sensei
Himouto Umaru-chan

As you can see, zoomers are truly the worst generation

What a random assed list. I mean, ok?

>I mean, ok?
based zoomer

Popular anime of each era. Zoomers have the worst taste. But I made a mistake about Ranma, i didn't realize that came out in 89.

I have... they are a nightmare.
>what ever pedro
>nice head canon
> i accept your concession
then it got worse
The fuckers are larping ironically Unironically! I dont know how they do it but they say they aint but they do!

it is dude. Its like a pixar movie is to anime.

Conan? Didn't that not come to the west until the late 2000s? Even then I don't remember it setting the world on fire. Are you Euro?

Wrong kiddo
youtube.com/watch?v=nZk9Nn-U9sM

how much do you wanna bet that the quality will go down after wano?

They are only doing this cuz wano is japan and they want to make it look good.

The voice actors (Jap) and the music make up for it

Isn't that the anime that has more than a 1000 episodes and goes on forever?

I remember going wtf, before thinking over it and realizing it was kinda neat

Attached: 1346512449841.jpg (500x276, 39K)

Best villain coming through

Attached: Crocodile_Anime_Infobox.png (549x705, 485K)

probably their only outlet