He unironically did nothing wrong

If he was alive, he could sue for defamation. Jews can't help but lie, lie and lie.

Attached: Дятлов_Анатолий_Степанович.jpg (283x391, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uPRyciXh07k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this
he didnt know the failsafe did not work

Real hero and a real human being

>tfw surprised myself by being able to read that filename
I've been watching too much Russian shit

It's not just that. His portrayal and actions in the show are total unapologetic lie. He may have been strict, but he wasn't an incompetent delusional moron like they want you to believe.

>sue for defamation over something he went to prison for

Show needs a character for wiever to antagonise with. This role suits him right, deserves he or not

The negative portrayal is from Medvedev's book "The Truth About Chernobyl".

I'm currently reading his memoirs (you can find full text in russian, google translation is surprisingly legible). He does describe the whole events quite differently.

the jews were also sent to prison camps, were they also guilty?

Yeah, convicted by the soviets, because the government couldn't take responsibility and just needed someone to blame. He was granted amnesty shortly, when the truth was uncovered.
I mean, we have actual survivors from control room and they blame the faulty design and believe he was convicted unjustly. And they can't say anything bad about him, other than him being strict... And his actions after the accident were not even close to the show. He understood something very bad has happened, he knew reactor was kaput, and he was actually concerned with other three not being affected.

The investigation later confirmed primary responsibility wasn't on operators.

>force the reactor into an unsafe condition because he wanted a promotion
>thousands of people die as a result
>did nothing wrong

Read that too, it has some "boy everyone is stupid except me" vibe but turning him into literally Hitler was lame. Loved his part about walking to the job, I do that too and this little part made me root for him a bit.

Attached: 1560063151703.webm (516x546, 228K)

>yfw you realized dyatlov was a CIA plant

Attached: 1557266734934.jpg (1920x1080, 977K)

dirty blood soaked Fomin insectoid hands typed this post

I wonder if anyone intervied the operators that were in the control room that day and survived. The way he and Medvedev describes the atmosphere in the room is wildly different. Did no one wanted to check those stories again?

WRONG
It was the result of faulty design of which he wasn't informed.

Here's the one with Stolyarchuk, though the fat cunt of an interviewer sucks so much I'd sent her to the roof, multiple times.

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E01.1.23.45.720p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-EniaHD.mkv_snapshot_37.13_[2019.05.09_10.28.3 (1280x720, 368K)

>hitting that child at 60mph in a 20 zone whilst on my phone didn't cause him to die, it was because the breaks didn't work properly

They were fucking around thinking no matter how they shit on manuals and safety magical A3-5 would fix everything.

Attached: shitonit.gif (250x248, 1.24M)

Here is the interview with surviving operator from the control room. It's in Russian only, unfortunately.

Basically he says everything went normal and according to procedures, up until the activation of the AZ-5. And he blames the design solely and that those convictions were just shifting blame by the government.

>but turning him into literally Hitler was lame

I thought he was a completely realistic character.

What a retarded comparison.

>They were fucking around thinking no matter how they shit on manuals and safety
Proof.
>magical A3-5 would fix everything
Well, yeah. That's what it supposed to do, not fucking blow everything up. It would happen in other circumstances sooner or later.

He may not have the victims’ blood on his hands, but, assuming there had been no design flaw and AZ-5 worked properly, wouldn’t he have been severely reprimanded and perhaps fired for even having to use it?

I just want to read Akimov's and Toptunov's testimonies

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (491x684, 83K)

Then you are a brainlet. He is not believable at all.

They used AZ-5 regularly to shut reactor down. That's basically what it was designed for.

>an incompetent delusional moron
The character on the show ran the test 5 times with no result before he finally pushed too far. Not delusional or moronic, but very normal, human behavior.

Question is where are they? Was the Soviet investigation declassified yet?

>Basically he says everything went normal and according to procedures, up until the activation of the AZ-5
If everything was going normal and according to procedures then why did they have to hit the AZ-5 in the first place?

Outside of the USSR yeah, common sense would dictate you’re not supposed to rely on a failsafe that’s supposed to be a last ditch effort to force a test.

So he agrees with Dyatlov. I wonder if Mazin knows about these memoirs. I get that he wasn't making a documentary, but he was talking about "truth" a lot. You'd think the memoirs of one of the most inportant person in the catastrophe would spark interest. Instead he ripped off Discovery documentary (which is based on Medvedevs book).

Yes? That's why they were in camps, dummy.

Because there's nothing wrong with using it?

>last ditch effort
And what different way is there to slow the reaction except for dropping the boron?

>25 years experience
>can't even tell when his own reactor is poisoned
absolute
fucking
pleb

>drive your car in the opposite lane
>pull the handbrake in last ditch effort to stop the car
>ITS NOT HIS FAULT

Communist logic is beyond me.

Attached: 1452211961266.gif (176x169, 705K)

There is though at least by modern standards. I’ve worked in places where power is generated or managed and the failsafes have big signs on them and you’re told if you push them for any reason that’s not an emergency you can get in trouble for it. You’re supposed to use a traditional way to shut shit off and only use the failsafe as a last ditch effort and it’s supposed to be tested regularly.

He knew, you idiot.

>can't even tell when his own reactor is poisoned
Did you watch it? They lifted the rods to burn the shit away.

Dyatlov believed he could push the system to do a simple test because had a failsafe but any modern working environment won’t tolerate that. You can’t say “oh well we have the emergency button” for a regular test unless the test is for the emergency button itself and part of that is probably because of Chernobyl.

Dyatlov had already been involved in an accident in the past that killed his own son, he would’ve definitely been fired or relieved by force. I’m not saying he deserves prison time but two accidents to your name for some shit like the show presented and there’s no way you have a right to work near that shit anymore.

What's the difference between traditional way to shut down the reactor and A3-5?

First, it was a test simulating extreme conditions.
Second, yes it was absolutely normal to rely on those breaks. But instead of stopping, the breaks made the car explode.

He wasn't portrayed as Hitler or some pure evil, he was just a guy that knew he fucked up. Don't forget his job was also on the line thanks to his superiors.

I don’t know, but I do know that it’s frowned upon to have the mentality of pushing something beyond normality just because you have it. I’m talking about modern safety protocol. I think Dyatlov definitely should’ve lost his job given his record.

He is portrayed as stubborn and incompetent.

>Dyatlov believed he could push the system to do a simple test because had a failsafe but any modern working environment won’t tolerate that.
There were security protocols on what you can and can't do. Dyatlov didn't break them.

>Dyatlov had already been involved in an accident
And? Did he cause it, or was he just a victim?

Once again, using AZ-5 to shut down reactor was perfectly normal and correct way to do it.

Most people would react like that to a massive fuck up I think. It’s pretty clear he knows in the first scene from how he looked at the graphite. He also knows a bullet is waiting for him if he doesn’t die of poisoning first and at least was willing to go on the roof himself. I think he just didn’t want to believe it happened to him.

Listen dude, you can't just hit a button to insert the control rods, you gotta traditionally insert the control rods using other buttons.

It wouldn’t matter in retrospect, it’s the same reason we relieve military commanders for shit they realistically can’t expect all the time. People want accountability, and Dyatlov was in charge of the test. I don’t know if prison was fair, but saying “hey man, there’s been 2 major fuck ups with you involved, we’re gonna not let you work with this stuff anymore” is fair.

You're not supposed to use the emergency option in a non-emergency situation.

>I don’t know,
That's why you are talking the way you are. You slow the reaction by dropping rods, A3-5 just means you drop all of them.

>okay fellas let's do this test!
>but sir, we did x, y, and z wrong, and we ran the reactor at low power for E L E V E N hours so the results won't even matter
>lol do it anyway
why though

And how else would you slow the reaction?

>promises to do a job to get Bryukhanov and Fomin promoted, and himself at the same time
>if he fails to run the rest they'll most likely fire him for promising them to complete the test and putting them in hot water with the central committee
>when shit starts going south he keeps pushing different ideas to carry the test knowing he can always shut down the reactor

Stubborn maybe, but definitely not incompetent.

KGB comes and will buttfuck you for halting the reactor for two days.

You’re not supposed to make the situation get to the point where relying on it is likely. He had plenty of chances to stop and could’ve made up any sort of bullshit to explain why he waited one or two more days. He’d be seen as somewhat culpable no matter what I think.

he looks like that pilot dude in real life to me
am I the only one?

Attached: 6251b5d8-4fb4-486f-86ce-7e5181de99d6_screenshot.jpg (640x480, 13K)

Why?

>hey man, there’s been 2 major fuck ups with you involved
How do you even know he was remotely responsible at the first one and not bystanding? All we know is that he got a dose, but there was no punishment.

What do you mean he didn't break them?
He bypassed every failsafe feature of the reactor. Took out all but 8 rods when the minimum allowed is 30.
Proceeded to fuck with it further when it was heavily xenon poisoned.
He's the main cause of this shit.

He kept pushing the reactor into extremes. Should have delayed the test when the conditions are ideal.