So what year did they lose all hope of ever recovering?

They were still putting out some decent films at the turn of the century, but it seems that around 2008 EVERYTHING turned for the worst. T.V. 's been trash forever, but there always seemed to be at least somebody making the occasional decent film. Now it's like there's a "bad idea" committee that ensures every film has:
1. Shitty casting
2. 1990's video game tier special effects
3. Grade school story writing
4. Anti-Christian/white/male propaganda

What the fucked happened to these people?

Attached: ..jpg (813x605, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOtinTlx7yo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>but it seems that around 2008 EVERYTHING turned for the worst
For me, it was 2010.

When Black Panther won three Academy Awards.

I REALLY wish it won best picture just so I could see all the fags on this board flip the fuck out over some meme award that hasn't been given to a genuinely good movie in years

Movies have always had to roll with the times; to react to what else is out there. In the 60s / 70s, when television became ubiquitous in American households, film had to survive by showing things that were not allowed on TV. It got grimier, edgier, dirtier. Sex, drugs, violence, sometimes in the same scene. Different and dissident voices were heard. Some movies worked and some didn't, but it was the great age of the auteur.

In the 80s / 90s, movies started to become more like theme park rides. There would usually be some new technical innovation, gimmick, stunt, explosion or set piece that would sell the movie. Again, something you couldn't do on TV.

Today, we live in an age where even a mid-budget TV show can use CGI to create convincing worlds and huge armies and space battles and whatever you want. Movies have no edge any more. Creativity survives mostly in horror movies, which distinguish themselves from TV because they can kill the entire cast in ninety minutes and not have to worry about plotting out 5 seasons.

Finally, you have China. No movie is going to be made these days unless it has some appeal to the Chinese market, which is now officially as large as the US market. The Chinese market is fickle, but they loved Aquaman and they love Fast and Furious movies. Having a multi-ethnic cast and a globetrotting plot is now a must.

Attached: morpheus.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Even watching old hollywood, a lot of it feels just like the social programming we have today. Just different flavour. Cowboy movies, war movies... Don't be fooled. Every movie they made with the worst intentions. Even the "good" ones

and thats why we cant enjoy anything

>For me, it was 2010.
That's pretty close....if not THE dividing line, really.

>Cowboy movies, war movies...
Nah, that's just how we are as a people. We loved fighting, and still do, user. The only "Americans" that don't like combat sports are the white urbanite/fag/heeb groups.

The best movies that are made these days are mid to low budget visions by some dude, usually with horror elements like guy above said. This, the one where the guy has the chip in his head, Hereditary, all usually some dude's vision he executes. Sure, they've got their flaws, but their the most creative things we've got today--and this is fully understanding that these movies are essentially just "X but with Y and a little Z sprinkled on top", which to be fair is pretty much any movie made nowadays.

Attached: hero_TheGuest-2014-1.jpg (1200x500, 56K)

have sex

Was this the turning point?

Attached: p173378_v_v8_at.jpg (960x1440, 301K)

It’s run by a clique it doesn’t higher based on merit but on being jew or sucking jew dick

Television has arguably never been better. Showrunners all want to be the next Vince Gilligan.

Right, but they used to have higher standards.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOtinTlx7yo

Like, 19...20? Something like that.

As much as I love some of the weird early 00s Marvel movie entries like Ghostrider, the MCU movies are objectively higher quality overall. Better acting, writing, higher caliber directors, etc.

>sell less tickets?
>MAKE MORE MOVIES!
THIS is why their industry fucking sucks.

Attached: wtf are you even doing.png (1205x1045, 176K)

MCU feels very corporate. No vision but the same mold over and over again.

I don’t know about that. I watched Iron Man 3 on tv last night and it’s a Shane Black movie through and through. I feel like they loosened their grip after the early movies and let the directors have more creative freedom.

Not only can I give you a year, I can give you a day: 1999. November 7, 1999.

Attached: a5ee72ecf4c7c5717f64c98723fead32.png (1679x34, 5K)

>all that capeshit and star wars
Gross.

Its the international market. Movies are made to appeal to the lowest common denominator, which is now a Chinese peasant. They're not going to understand drama or well-crafted jokes, so you get explosions and punching instead

Well that pic clearly demonstrates that the past 6 years HAVE indeed been SHIT and it's not just a meme.

But MORE movies are being made, so why aren't they just making separate films for separate markets instead of fucking up the whole thing?

because the internet has simultaneously merged and divided all audiences

negro, there's fucking documented evidence the CIA was producing movies to push pro-war, pro-capitalist, pro-nationalist narratives. its always been a propaganda machine. the only difference is now, the overall message is division.

>. its always been a propaganda machine. the only difference is now, the overall message is division.
Can't argue with that really, user, but my point still stands about Americans enjoying a good fight.

why do you incels have such a victim complex?

No, it doesn't. As that point is based entirely upon looking back on the propaganda catalog.

one of the best examples is when the Libyans shot Doc Brown

The Writer's Strike of 2007-2008 was the end really.

Nah, wrestling and boxing were HUGE long before cinema, and stayed that way for years. Once boxing started to die down in the 80's with Tyson, we launched the UFC, and it's been going strong ever since. Hell, even fake "rasslin" was popular well into the 00's.

Only white urbanites don't like a good fight, user.

That's because the Libyans used to blow the shit out of euro bars back in the day until Reagan bombed the shit out of them for being cunts.

When capeshit took over and the FX spectacle and adressing social issues became more important than telling good stories and director´s visions. In all fairness this is not Hollywood´s fault though, it´s the audiences that only consume glorifyied shit that are the problem. Hollywood only facilitates the products they demand.

Good directors are still filming, De Palma, Scorsese, Eastwood, Allen, Polanski, Verhoeven. All of them are still active but the audiences no longer care. Which kind of makes sense, i mean, they cry with a Disney Wars trailer, think Thanos is a well constructed deep villain and actually believe capeshit movies are well acted dramas deserving of academy awards.

As for television, it´s gone full circle. It was shit for the longest time, then it suddenly become pretty good, the budgets where cinematic enough, the stories had more time to develope, there was enough variety and genres to explore different stories... and then it fell to darkness again when politics took over as most tv writting teams are not good enough to understand how to properly use subtext. Some shows are still pretty good though. The sheer production valume almost guarantees finding a few worthwhile shows every year. The B class movies and indy movies are in a similar situation since technology has become cheaper and people has access to publishing tools.

I don't know if they got better, it seems like a certain formula was landed on that hooks people the first time they see it but are largely immunized after that. It's sort of been a repeating cycle since Lost came out with certain people getting autistically enchanted each go round, with different chunks of the population getting drawn in with each BB or GoT that all swear it's the greatest show ever while being a lot more indifferent to the others. I never watched enough soap operas to know much specifics but I have a feeling a lot of their old hooks are being repurposed for audiences that don't watch them anymore.

that's a pretty simplistic read on a very complex series of phenomena. To work backwards through your post, "rasslin's" popularity was primarily a result of the retarded soap opera it had become over time, and UFC is pretty much still nothing compared to the popularity of "rasslin" due to the lack of that retarded faux-drama, and only ever spikes in popularity when there is some sort of drama. then boxing died out in popularity because the boxers stopped really being people or having any charisma, or even really being able to hold onto a title, and were just giant masses of muscle slamming away at each other. And the peak of boxing was ali.

which is to circle around to the well documented fact that the popularity of a thing is entirely due to the charisma/personality of those who participate.

>Showrunners all want to be the next Vince Gilligan.
that's a bad thing. breaking bad was a roadmap on how chasing ratings will damage a show

Nah, about the 2004 time frame is the start of the decline. That's well after torrenting, too, so they can't use that as an excuse. Then when you see capeshit start to take over you can see the ticket sales plunge.

Attached: 20 years of decline.png (1147x713, 142K)

>"rasslin's" popularity was primarily a result of the retarded soap opera it had become over time
That didn't happen until the WWF era of the 80's though. Before that most regional rasslin' was little more than a controlled fight. Especially in the south.

>ticket sales down 200 million
Good. Good.

>230 million ticket sale drop in 3 years
Holy shit. You'd think they'd learn.

Consider this: maybe it's intentional and there is some ulterior motive behind it.

Who could be behind it though?