How many Oscars would this have if she was LGBTQ+?

How many Oscars would this have if she was LGBTQ+?

Attached: eighth grade.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Cutie.

Is this her?

Attached: 5672e86210a28.jpg (1330x2000, 254K)

> How many Oscars would this have if she was LGBTQ+?

What kind of hypothetical theory is this ???

Good film, probably resonates with incels.

Chubby, pimply, still really fuckable.

Something about the shilling of this movie fucking stinks. I think it's because Burnham's career did not go the way I thought it should. I understand comedians are under a lot of pressure right now from SJWs but I don't like the way comedians exhalted Bo as some comedy messiah when he clearly is just barely proficient. And the fact that this movie is essentially teh culmination of years of hyperbole about how "talented" he is. I mean he's a kid who started off doing extremely lame and stiff lil wayne homages for culturally out of touch zoomers. And that was just 10 years ago.

>How many Oscars would this have if she was LGBTQ+?
We'll find out at the ceremony next year because they just released a spiritual sequel with a lesbian main character

Attached: aEhRKv4z_400x400.jpg (399x399, 36K)

Do these types go for older dudes?

YIkes

>Do these types go for older dudes?
Fat nerdy girls will date just about anybody.

all of them

eighth grade is an amazing first film

I moderately enjoyed that film but mainly from a technical film making perspective. Wilde took an original approach to party/high school films thematically and it ended up working somewhat. Eigthgrade just strikes me as edgy nostalgia baiting shit. Would I like it?

this is just a good flick but eighth grade is kino

#metoo

Would they be mad at hump n' dump?

>Would I like it?
I cringed so much I gave up after half an hour. The only anons who probably got through it all are zoomzooms.

Do you like Todd Solondz?
Eighth Grade is similar to Welcome to the Dollhouse

Attached: Welcome-to-the-Dollhouse-.png (841x412, 499K)

I would

Attached: 4404523f3176e291d2f1ce8881b4ff57.jpg (426x640, 37K)

Eighth grade isn't edgy at all, it has a very natural approach to story and dialogue that makes it feel more real than most films. The fact its being mentioned in the same breath as that Olivia Wilde slop makes me sad.

Not him but I felt the same way with Eighth Grade. Couldn't get past the first 10 minutes. Zoomers are just utterly uninteresting people.

i was bullied really bad in like 8th grade and all i could think about watching that movie was the bullying i recieved, made it 30 minutes in and was bored out of my mind

It's edgy in the sense that it's not formulaic garbage, it doesn't rest on tropes, it's not a comfy paint by numbers familiar film, it doesn't have an attractive lead and it doesn't say nice easy to digest positive things about the world.

It's difficult to watch for people who don't appreciate original storytelling or honesty and want a kind of comfy familiar form of escapism when they watch films.

Welcome to Dollhouse is probably the only acclaimed indie film I haven't seen so I'd have no way to know.

Really the only thing that was sloppy was the pool scene. Everything else in the movie is tightly edited and pretty slick actually. I didn't expect to be impressed by the technical skills but I was. She at the very least knows how to hire good people. Admittedly I don't know much about Eigth Grade I just know burnham is a constant disappointment to me and people were hyping up the movie before they even shot their first dailies.

A24 pushed it incredibly, bought the typical awards for the cast and the movie itself, really tried hard to make award buzz, in the end they only got a shot at the golden globes.

Just watch Eight Grade. It's a special film, and your description doesn't match at all with my experience. It works well as a double feature with Booksmart, as they both have a lot of heart and similar themes, but it's actually a very different (better) film.

>the only acclaimed indie film I haven't seen
what a ridiculous thing to say lol

A24 shills all their movies.
Standup comedy is not the same thing as dramatic filmmaking.
>being too dumb to get Bo
SAD!

I'm the guy who said edgy and the reason I said it was because in the ads it came off as more of
>it doesn't have an attractive lead and it doesn't say nice easy to digest positive things about the world.

rather than

>It's difficult to watch for people who don't appreciate original storytelling or honesty and want a kind of comfy familiar form of escapism when they watch films.

As a big film fan, indie and otherwise, it seemed like the type of psuedo indie corporate subsidiary tripe you would see
about a subject when a subject is very popular. Like if there were an Edgar Allen Poe craze and suddenly theres 15 'uncomfortable' movies about edgar allen poe. I don't view that shit as honest because I'm looking at artistic integrity and not appropriateness or whatever.

It's true to an extent. By acclaimed film I mean anything to breach the collective consciousness of arty farty fags such as myself.

I don't know or care who Bo Burnham is but i loved Eighth Grade. It's quite a special film. Bildungsromankinó for sure

>it's a coming of age movie about being an awkward teenager
>ZOMG Y DIS TEENYBOPPER SO AWKWARD AND OBNOXIOUS
I'm a literal 30 year old boomer and this was one of the best films of last year, sorry about your plebedom.

What are you talking about? Nobody said a word about Eighth Grade before it premiered at Sundance.

Is it true she makes out with a black guy in this movie?

Maybe in your circles. Comedians were shilling it all over the place before it had hit a single screen.

5/10 try again

I still don't actually understand your criticism here.
Are you saying this kind of film is in vogue? I really think it isn't. It's the diametric opposite of that. It's original.

And personally I never watch trailers because they often spoil the film, they often totally mischaracterise a film and often the filmmakers have nothing to do with them. They often try to form marketing around a zietgiest or a trend in the way that pisses you off, in a way the film itself hasn't necessarily done. I don't think you even learn anything from a drama off trailers anyway.

Trailers are a total fools errand. Solely useful for fanboy hype over blockbuster franchises.

>if I don't like it it's bait
Suck my presidential cock bitch.

take your pills m8

Do you really think it's a trend to make honest stuff about smart middle class beta women, which isn't empowerment fantasy?

What other things are there even? Booksmart isn't one. That's ultimately empowerment fantasy, and it has a delusional message which must have come from attractive successful people, who do see the world this way, which is that everyone is actually way nicer than you think and can all get along.

I haven't seen it so to be accurate i don't have a criticism. But to answer your question as succinctly as possible, the way it was being pitched, not just by trailers but by fans as well, including yourself, is something Ive experienced before with a specific type of film that is considered original by an entry level film fan. This doesn't mean they are pleb or anyting like that. Just that it would be something interesting to an 18 year old who is just discovering art films moreso than a 30 something who has already seen the lot.

Ok i can think of one thing
Pen15 is basically this

And it's really good. I highly recommend it to anyone who liked Eighth Grade. It's funnier and lighter but similar. Bob Odenkirk produced it.

Attached: Pen15.jpg (1400x2100, 532K)

see
I'm not talking about anything as superficial as the protagonist's sex or race. If I viewed movies on those terms I wouldn't have watched booksmart because it brings nothing to the table in the grand scheme of things in that capacity.

>I'm a literal 30 year old boomer
30 year old boomer tranny maybe

Don't have reasoned discussion with the pseud menagerie dude, it never goes well.

>I cringed so much I gave up after half an hour
wow it's almost like that's the life of a cringy teen in eight grade

And how is that?

You have me confused with someone else. Almost all of my discussions end civilly.

The fact she's a girl isn't superficial whatsoever. It's fundamental to a large amount of the plot and to the experience of her character and the voice of the film.

You couldn't genderswap the film without throwing the script out and starting again.

I would have no idea. It's just a trend I noticed. A great example of it would be Crash, but perhaps even more accurate would be NCFOM. It's not pleb but it's definitely babbys first and was meant as a darker more realistic alternative to like fiction at the time.

>OBSESSED
You'd like that wouldn't you homo?

It's not superficial contained within the world of the film. It's superficial if we are talking originality though. That is not to say anything featuring a girl is unoriginal. I was just dwelling within the context which was brought up which was essentially just shallow labels.

What is the trend?

Because if the marketing, hype, audience, and audience reaction to this film is similiar to any other, it's other A24 distributed films, like:
The VVitch
The Florida Project
Moonlight
First Reformed
Lean on Pete
American Honey

Not a 15 year old example of the worst oscarbait ever made. That's just a totally different culture.

Do you feel the same way about those other A24 films?

It's actually not superficial if we are talking originality because few films genuinely exploring the female experience of a intelligent beta (to grossly generalize her character) exist, while it's fairly widely trodden ground for the male equivalent.

KINO lesbian scene in this one lads

>Do you feel the same way about those other A24 films?

I will say this, you've demonstrated you know exactly what I'm talking about it just seems to me you have a particular axe to grind. So let's just say yes for the sake of agreeability. It's not a full yes because I know at least one of those films stood on their own (just because i remember the media cycle) but yeah I can't really make excuses for the rest.

Again that doesn't speak to artistic integrity. It seems to me the more we go on you are extolling the virtues of the film that you feel are exclusive to the otherwise superficial aspects of the plot. Again, that's fine, just nothing to do with what I'm talking about. This user has an idea though I'm not an "A24" hater cuz i think they make some good shit every once in a while.

He scowled at me during a performance once because I laughed a little sooner than the rest of the audience on one of those “trailing off is the punchline” jokes. He’s alright, but fuck that moment.

Can confirm, the lesbos in this are QT as fuck.

lmao some comedian did that to me too at a club. I didnt realize it was a thing until you just told me. That's a really weird thing to get upset about. Like I get it they are trying to control the eb and flow but you get angry at your quicker audience members? Weird.

>yes
I do have an axe to grind. It's with people who view obscurity as a virtue in film, and have their taste dictated by a superiority complex.
People like you who fucking said that you've seen every arthouse film that matters.
What an absurd thing to say.
Who think because a film is accompanied by cultural impact and is marketed successfully that it must be a lower form of work.

You're the people who killed the middle budget film with artistic integrity, because you can't stand to see other people actually enjoy films.
You assume everyone else is some tasteless kid and that of course you're more knowledgeable and worldly and have the real educated perspective.

You're a misanthrope and likely don't even enjoy films yourself.
It's just a feather in your cap of being cultured.

dilate

The second thing EVERY comedian has done is this
>be in flyover state
>comedian does bit about how shitty your state is from his ivory tower in LA/NY
Sure, it gets laughs, but they can never keep that edge of bitter resentment and pretension out of their voices, even if the drunk audience members can’t pick up on it. Bo was no exception, either.

user you need to breathe or something. That was an extremely incongruent response to what I said.

>It's superficial if we are talking originality though.
>anything as superficial as the protagonist's sex

I'm not trying to make any larger point in those replies about how it has artistic integrity or any virtues. Simply that you're wrong that the identity of the protagonist in this film is at all superficial or unoriginal.

identity =/= sex

I know you cunt

When you come out the gate calling me some babbys first arthouse kid you can go fuck yourself

I've had enough of trying to reason with you too because you're not even discussing this rationally when i put your smugness to the side.

Attached: mcdonalds_ns.webm (640x800, 2.67M)

also I never said

>the identity of the protagonist in this film is at all superficial or unoriginal.

But yes it is superficial to think the sex of character completely defines the output. Which you will see is what I keep getting at in various ways.

That's such nonsense. Someone's sex isn't a big part of their identity? God you're a dumbcunt.

user I literally never called you any of that. I haven't seen the fucking film. I was asking people who have seen it if it was that sort of trap. Again, breathe.

>Hamilton, Massachusetts
>ivory tower in LA/NY

oh I wasn't aware "=" meant "is a big part of" I wasn't aware communication existed so we can just interchange whatever words we want in someones sentence

>>[this protagonists sex is] superficial if we are talking originality though.
>the protagonist's sex [is superficial]

>I never said
>>the identity of the protagonist in this film is at all superficial or unoriginal.

Yes you did retard.
>completely defines the output
wohhh i can't even see the goalposts any more.

Well he's a profoundly unhappy person since his success. I mean that's literally what most of his work has been about. Not excusing it, just doesn't shock me.

None, that's not how the voting committee works

>[PUT WORDS IN MOUTH] superficial

Wow insightful. Yeah you can't see the goal posts because you are too busy constructing men of straw.

I infered the meaning from your post
>identity =/= sex

Because otherwise it's a total non-sequitur

dilate

she did win an oscar for best pizza face

>It's superficial if we are talking originality though.

What did you mean by 'it', if not 'the protagonist's sex in this film'?

That's why I tend to only enjoy his original, silly stuff that he came up with in his room. "I'm Bo Yo", and all those. There's a weird bite of self-loathing in his later stuff - in both his albums and shows - and that's not there in his early songs.

>Because otherwise it's a total non-sequitur

Because it is becasue literally whoever the fuck is impersonating half your posts doesn't seem to understand I never made any of the claims they keep insisting i made otherwise theyd nail me with a fucking quote by now lmao, It's amazing the amount of pies hit faces when you are simply genuine on this site.

Will you do it for me daddy? It hurts less when someone else is hurting me.

Much worse than Eighth Grade. Eight Grade is 4/5 and Booksmart is 2/5.

Attached: James-Bond-pierce-brosnan-41082079-240-135.gif (240x135, 168K)

The actual guy i was responding to already chymed in. Next time read the reply chain thoroughly before you get triggered.

Agreed.

>>It's superficial if we are talking originality though.
>>[this protagonists sex is] superficial if we are talking originality though.

>you are too busy constructing men of straw.

explain to me how the meaning of these two sentences is different cunt

just calm down and read the chain you aren't making any sense

>[PUT WORDS IN MOUTH] superficial

Wow insightful. Yeah you can't see the goal posts because you are too busy constructing men of straw.

>>>It's superficial if we are talking originality though.
>>>[this protagonists sex is] superficial if we are talking originality though.

>explain to me how the meaning of these two sentences is different cunt

>just calm down and read the chain you aren't making any sense

yeah nah fuck you

Attached: 101788-babar_car-original-1370942834.jpg (2560x1742, 507K)

I like how you couldn't even construct a line of reasoning once you realized you were off base so you are just looking for unanswered retarded questions irrelevant to what was being said.

what the fuck are you even trying to say? state it plainly now.

she looks like maisie williams

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-01-07-at-1.40.31-PM-779x508-48682800.png (779x508, 475K)