Why did it bomb?

A negative association with Godzilla 2014? Bad word of mouth? The weak Tomatometer score?
Or is Godzilla's mainstream appeal overall with normies just overestimated? It's very discouraging lads...

Attached: godzilla-1.jpg (1823x2700, 1.91M)

Crowded domestic market

Not MCU + critic assassination

Normies don’t care about anything that isn’t Disney anymore and critics rip into anything that isn’t Disney and apolitical

not enough tits

> It's very discouraging lads...
Why? We're getting a brand new Toho cinematic universe and the normies are actually avoiding our kino for once.

Ah true. But even then. This is one of those movies that begs to be seen on the biggest screen possible. Do people just not care?

I fucking hate Disney so much. They've brainwashed most of the populace into liking only a specific brand of blockbuster now.

Because the Monsterverse is the only cinematic universe I've genuinely enjoyed and would like to see it continue. Toho can keep it up as well.

The franchise is niche compared to MCU so that doesn't play into it's favor, and critics definitely did not go easy on it like they do for MCU stuff. But the main core is that it's not a good movie and while it attempted to remedy the things critics gave 2014 shit for, it ultimately failed to fix those things. Human part was distractingly bad, the editing and pacing made it hard to engage with the story, and the monster fights sequences with constantly cocked block by that very same shitty human element and choppy editing.

This

I think it would have done just fine if it didn't come out right after Pikachu, Avengers, right before Spiderman, etc.

IT WAS BASED AS FUCK IN IMAX AND ALL THE WHINING PLEBS CAN GO BLOW

THE ONLY REASON I REMOTELY CARE ABOUT AUDIENCE PERFORMANCE IS BECAUSE MORE GIANT MONSTER MOVIES REQUIRES A SHOW OF PROFITABILITY

Attached: fire-godzilla2-1.jpg (1200x600, 83K)

Honestly even if it bombs I'm completely content with 4 Hollywood budget toho-style movies. If you told 13 year old me I would live to see even one of these movies, my mind would fucking explode. I'm deeply happy with what we got

Attached: download (25).jpg (228x221, 8K)

I loved it. daughtery is the pleb filter director

It's a fucking awful movie.

The human parts were bad and annoying- even more so than the 2014 movie after Cranston died.
The monster fights were OK but I can watch cgi cartoon fights on Youtube now.
There is fan-service and little else. Even that is kinda flimsy and ham-handed.
>Remember BURNING GODZILLA? wasn't that COOL? I'm doing it too!

WHO GIVES A FUCK

IT SHOULD BE SUPPORTED FOR ITS CATEGORY ALONE

AUTISTIC NITPICKS ARE SELF DEFEATING

GIANT MONSTER FIGHTS ARE AWESOME AND THEY NEED TO MAKE MORE

>Ah true. But even then. This is one of those movies that begs to be seen on the biggest screen possible. Do people just not care?

Godzilla is more niche than let's say superhero content or live-action adaptions like Aladdin which both have broader family appeal. Coupled with the fact that multiple blockbuster films come out every weekend in the spring/summer, it makes it harder for niche blockbusters to survive. The diehards will see Godzilla but not wider audiences. And general audiences don't really care if something is meant to be seen on the big screen - selling a film on spectacle alone doesn't work when they can get spectacle in other non-niche blockbusters. They'll just wait for it to be on Netflix.

They're still going to make two more?

>normies are actually avoiding our kino
we don't need their validation but this isn't a good thing

>The monster fights were OK but I can watch cgi cartoon fights on Youtube now.
WHAT IS THIS WEAK BRAINLET SHIT

HOWBOUT 200 MILLION DOLLAR CGI FIGHTS ON MOVIE SCREENS THE SIZE OF BUILDINGS WITH 20 THOUSAND WATTS OF SUBWOOFERS

CAM PLEB COPE

Attached: HO00000630.jfif.jpg (1309x1834, 542K)

>Godzilla
>Kong: Skull Island
>Godzilla: King of the Monsters
>Godzilla vs Kong

I blame 2014.
If they release GvK as planned, I think the good will earned from KOTM will pay off.

Attached: have-sex.jpg (750x537, 103K)

t. CAPTAIN MARVEL SHILL

>WHITEKNIGHTING ESTRO-MALES
YIKES

GO BACK TO DISCORD

Attached: 1536535321703.jpg (942x876, 60K)

based all-caps defender of monsterkino

>Crowded release
>5 years after the first (2 years too long)
>First killed off the main star when it shouldn't have
>Pacific Rim 2's bad taste is still in everyone's mouth

all of these where factors