What made mockumentary comedies like Trailer Park Boys and The Office so timeless?

What made mockumentary comedies like Trailer Park Boys and The Office so timeless?

Attached: p7893440_b_v8_ab.jpg (960x1440, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fully fleshed out characters with unique, exaggerated but believable personalities, and realistic interactions with each other. Same applies to other greats like the Sopranos.

US version > UK version

art imitating life

Relatable situations with no laughtrack.
The US version IS funny, but this is objectively not true.

down to earth satire

Why do Brits always stop after two seasons? Do they really have such shit imagination or just short attention spans?

lol

I will not have her tunnel banded about this office, willy, nilly.

quality > quantity
Sometimes it's best to just solidify the legacy. Meanwhile Amerimutts are jizzing over Sneed Season #92828118181

David Brent was not a likeable character.
He was an acquired taste that gets cringy beyond a certain point or even plain annoying.

Michael Scott on the other hand was a loveable character who you would feel comfy inviting to your home for dinner.

thus Michael Scott stays longer than the brit

They have sex

>Michael Scott on the other hand was a loveable character who you would feel comfy inviting to your home for dinner.

Did you actually watch the show or...

Compared to brent, michael was goofy and easier to side with

I was in my late 20s around the times it first aired and most women had a crush on Brent. Michael Scott is completely different character.

>most women had a crush on Brent.

why are you lying

>i didn't realize i was talking to a tranny.

It's not about what women find attractive.
women like bad boys, brent was a badboy.

It's about who would the general audience find more pallet-able.
obvious answer = Michael.

THERE'S BEEN A RAPE UP THERE!

>I'm not gay, in fact, I can honestly say I've never come over a little queer

youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq3c4Cf1Fs

The US version is shit and doesn't seem like a documentary at all

They only have incentive to do the show while the show is top class.

>t.Muhammad

>under weaknesses, you've put eczema.

did noo get an agenda

For every niche quote you can type from UK vers, there are 10 US vers memes that are recognized by mainstream.

because one has over 20 fucking seasons and the other has 2. UK Office has more "quotes" in 2 seasons than US managed for 5

Yeah... Alright, see you then... She has left him, I forgot about that

Simple premise. Trailer Park Boys took the "cops from the criminals perspective" and hit it out of the park with it.