Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/White-Yellow-Japanese-European-1300-1735/dp/0773544550
youtube.com/watch?v=V2PqQrJzoAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thats red not ash

>Red is Asian
was so glad they did this

it's not red but sure.

red was japanese, not just asian. theyre very different in looks. using a chinese actor is racist. also it wasnt red.

>why didn't they just rethread the same fucking plot that's been made for over 20 years except shoved into an hour and a half that could only cover like three major fights at most

Why do you think it was red?
Just cos he wears red hat??

also pokemon as a movie wouldnt work if it was about red and not ash. red isn't entertainment. it doesnt work standalone. for red to work you need ash, you need kids watching ash and thinking "geeze i wish this was more hardcore, like mewtwo strikes back!"

yes we all envisioned ourselves as cool playing red and blue in 1998, but the red is hardcore meme wasn't really a thing until years later on the internet - despite there being comics where red had mixed personalities.

actually, most people loved ash during his first season, cause she show was good.

I thought red was ash

Someone explain the difference please

that was ash

What commercial is this for? Could I have a youtube link?

is calling the main from gen 1 "Red" official or is it reddit cringe? I've always heard people say this.

Red is Ash, they just did the videogame before the anime.

a very trash movie

ash turns his hat backwards red doesn't it's that simple fag

Because Hollywood secretly hates Japan, but they cant say it without being literal racists.

but that's wrong tho

It was the default name and the name of the game. Just as many people called him blue as that was the default in blue version. people probably more commonly called it Ash and most commonly used their own name. Red was used in some mangas and official merch though eventually so that was later made clear to be the canon name.

It's official, you dumb fucking zoomer.

what is that ugly pokemon in the middle

is it? (it is not)

even ash doesnt really do that much later on. his season 1 personality was angsty and out to prove himself, which matched the hat thing. that isn't the ash in say, sun and moon anime.

yeah but at the time that people were playing the game nobody new that, see my reply.

>Red is Ash
No he isn't.

Ash has no personality other than looking and acting like a retard. His presence never has and never would add anything.

grenigger

Red hat, red jacket, and in the league.

Ash wears different clothes and is probably being a scrub in Johto somewhere.

Ash is animeonly. Red is based.

Attached: d995d731407324cf3c366f3dac850ac9047a603c_00.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Attached: 1390623983105.jpg (478x463, 25K)

Jynx

>uses a red pic from like, gen 4 age.

thats not even red mate, red looked a lot more like ash, black hair, kid etc.

ash is canon to the game world now, google it. "ash's pikachu", also pokemon yellow.

Are you a retard? It's Red, just in FLGR style. The pic was used for comparative purposes anyway.

Official Red looks even more like OP version.

Attached: Redlagrande.png (649x421, 229K)

It's literally his name in GSC

they made pokemon origins or something and "Red" was the main character. it's also based off a 20 year old manga. he's literally not ash... it's not even up for debate. ash is a sperg that earns every badge from being a retard mary sue, Red is a real pokemon master© they are very different characters. it's like comparing link to the TV show version of link

Attached: 9fc98a2e8767ae5305dfa359aeb74caf.jpg (307x230, 15K)

Promo cards aren't canon.

thats the thing, us who played the real games never counted the FRLG remake of red and blue because red changed so much in looks he wasnt the same character. your picture proves my point.

people who got in at gen 3 are cancer like the modern sonic fanbase. the only true pokemon fans are gen 1 and 2, and luckily sun, moon, and lgpe fans are much more like gen 1 fans than the autismos

>cards
its in the game mate.

I forgot how autistic pkmn fans are.

It made over $400,000,000, it did fine.

based gunwunner retard

john wick style pokemon movie with red when

What game?

no, it's only the casual fans. remember this is Yea Forums

thats what i was looking for. the gen 3 guy who spams "genwunner". we caught one in the wild folks.

don't look at his deviantart. i bet he also watched the anime from advanced to whatever the autistic one before sun and moon was.

just google it mate. but sun and moon if i recall

Fucking this. Those guys are worse than the sonic fanbase.

Hat Pikachu is still a promo though.

Red and Ash are basically alternate universe versions of each other. Just like Blue and Gary are.

Game wise the main characters are officially Red and Blue. They are counterparts to Ash and Gary(as Blue and Gary are both Oaks grandson). Many of the comic adaptations of the games refer to them as Red and Blue(and sometimes a third female character as Green). The only exception to this I'm aware of this is the one that is actually based on the anime.

the only "autismo" here is you.

it's the same fucking character. the game is a remake with a remake of the same character

holy shit

sinnoh was the best one. deal with it

Red is the main character from Red/Blue/Yellow and their remakes. He wears red clothes and doesn't talk much. He singlehandedly dismantles Team Rocket by beating every member he comes across, up to and including their leader. He goes on to become champion of the Indigo League by soundly defeating his nominal "rival." He's repeatedly said to be an exceptionally talented Pokemon trainer, and fields a well-balanced team including three fully-evolved starters, Pikachu, and Snorlax.
Ash is the main character of the Pokemon anime. He wears mostly blue clothes and never stops talking. He's been feuding with two Team Rocket grunts for 25 years, with no end in sight. He has never won a major regional pokemon league, and each time he fails, he flees to a new region, hoping there isn't as much competition there. He constantly displays his incompetence by losing about as many battles as he wins, often to far less experienced trainers, and by making rookie mistakes he should know how to avoid. When he does win, it's due to his over-reliance on a supernaturally strong Pikachu, who drags the rest of his poorly prepared team to victory.
Red is also the name of a character from the Pokemon Adventures manga, who follows a trajectory pretty close to that of the R/B/Y character.

jesus christ mate. stop. it's a childrens game and this is a forum.

stop what? I'm not the one who wrote two paragraphs about this

Hey he did good in diamond and pearl and only lost cause of shitty writing

neither am i you idiot you think we're all one person here bullying you?

It’s not ash. Dumbass faggot

Soul.

Attached: Red_Green_Red.png (400x767, 290K)

they are the same character in different realities basically.

red wouldn't be able to handle the regional style of competition. the unpredictability when it comes to the match ups would likely stump him.

There will be a Pokémon red and blue movie, live-action, featuring an Asian Red, and it’ll make $8 billion so get ready for it bitch

no they aren't ash meets red

I have literally no idea what you are talking about. I never said or implied anyone is bullying me.

THe only thing I've said in this thread prior to that post you are responding to is that the main character of FRLG is Red because it's a remake of the other game

WHere did you get anything about bullying out of that? I have literally no idea what you're talking about or what you're telling me to "stop" I'm just super confused now

when will americans finally learn that taking blacks and putting them in a place they don't belong will never work out?

Stop being bullied so much

His official name is Red and Gary from the tv show was originally called Blue iirc

Not that user but you are a retard

Well Gary was technically Shigeru originally(he was named after Miyamoto). But yeah him and Blue are basically alts of each other as they are both Oak's grandson

when?

you implied it was me, you implied i wrote 2 paragraphs. surprise surprise more than one user thinks you are retarded. that's all.

>not that user but
yeah you are, but fyi im not the user you're replying to either.

I didn't imply you were anyone

I just said I didn't understand why I was being told to "stop" when all I did was say it's the same character

I didn't imply anything

also the post saying it's a remake and they are the same character was my first post. I wasn't even the person that person was responding to.

also the person who wrote two paragraphs was the person i intitally responded to. not you. I wasn't implying you were the same person. Just saying they need to be told to stop more than I do for saying it's the same character and literally nothing else

>chinese actor
The guy that played Red isn't Chinese.

what is he then? he looks chinese. maybe korean, but not japanese.

you got some proof that he's not chinese?

I don't know. I think its kind of silly for red to call himself the GOAT when all he has to do is beat 5 guys to call himself a pokemon master. I mean he's never actually proved in real league competition

Attached: think.jpg (1200x630, 112K)

t. brainwashed that japs are pale from anime and waifus

Ryoma Takeuchi is the actor you guys are talking about. He's definitely Japanese.

>watching pokemon
>playing pokemon
Are you all children?

>you got some proof that he's not chinese?
Yeah the fact that's he's Japanese and starred in a Japanese kid's show.

not at all. i mean they are mostly pale till the sun hits them but they avoid that. My point isnt about colour or waifuness, my point is literally that japanese look different to chinese and to a lesser extent koreans. you can tell the difference in most cases.

Also a simply google search of him would confirm this

what is with this retard who insists he's chinese

as soon as I saw the black guy protagonist in the poster after seeing that shitty avengers movie I decided not to watch it

>Ryoma Takeuchi
hmm you're right. good job. I was wrong. though he did look chinese in the scene.

>he did look chinese in the scene
No he really didn't.
He looked like Kamen Rider Drive. Cause that's who he is.

If you're familiar with the actor from the role then of course you'll say that.

Or you just don't know how to tell asians apart.

Whooosh

nonwhites don't sell lmao

you are a very frustrated and sad individual out for a fight by throwing insults. get a life.

I liked Detective Pikachu a lot, but I really hope they follow it up with something like this. The scenery and world really carried the entire movie, and the qt waifu.

Because even The Pokemon Company is tired of him

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 10.27.54 PM.png (2186x278, 117K)

that's a jap. they're white not really asian. at least, they dont consider themselves asian and historically neither did we.

lol

Holy fuck please tell me this is bait

guy who named the actor here

You're making us both look bad(well as bad as we can anonymously). That user already admitted they were wrong. Just take the victory my dude

sums up this whole thread really

bait for r/hapas maybe

english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/753623.html
Records left by eighteenth century missionaries also report the skin color of Japanese and other East Asian people as clearly white.

amazon.com/White-Yellow-Japanese-European-1300-1735/dp/0773544550

"When Europeans first landed in Japan they encountered people they perceived as white-skinned and highly civilized, but these impressions did not endure. "

is this the part you were argueing with? cause there are also a wealth of academic sources for japanese considering themselves non asian too.

Red? You mean Satoshi?

satoshi is ash i guess. red is red.

Anyone who didnt watch kamen rider drive is subhuman.

This. Why do these guys never take the time to google and learn? I swear i've seen people btfo like this over 100 times on here this year.

The Japanese do not and have never considered themselves as white.

How? They said white skin not that they are racially white

i like the mammoth

oh geeze. a new claim? i said they consider themselves non asian. they PROBABLY do consider themselves white. but my claim was that they do not consider themselves asian. which is on the most part true and historically documented. I'm not googling anything more for you, do it yourself. it's as easy as a search. theres been so many books and essays written on the nihonjinron the belief that japanese are special and different and it's relation to the common belief that they are not asian.

ITT: btfo non japanese trying to take credit for japanese achievements by pretending theyre all just asian in japanese culture, which is wrong.

The movie was horseshit. Mario levels of bad.

Okay? They aren't white

are you kidding me? just fucking google it before standing against the whole academic worlds research on japan. They considered themselves racially non asian and racially superior to asians.

and they were correct.

tell them that. also i never claimed that. i claimed they dont consider themselves asians and europeans considered them white. both are true. butthurt aznmasculinity itt

Lmao.

Japs aren't white, have never considered themselves as such, nobody has, and nobody in the "academic world" agrees with your "claim".

Europeans didn't consider them white they said they had white skin

They do consider themselves Asian, because they are in Asia.

>gook playing ash
>not Jaden Smith
No thank you

Attached: 3D91AB5B-6B0D-46E2-AEDF-CE70CBDC3ED0.jpg (550x550, 29K)

Daily remeber, /vp/ furfags are attacking this guy just for saying the true about this garbage flick

youtube.com/watch?v=V2PqQrJzoAA

gu..guys talk about the movie...

Not that guy but he blew you away with sources, then you couldn't google your own. I think he won.

That's untrue. It had to do with behavior and culture as written in that guys academic sources he linked.

Geographically yes, racially no. In fact japanese consider themselves "japanese" and different from asians. There are even old beliefs that Japanese came from a different place than Koreans and Chinese. While these beliefs are untrue as they came from korea, the mixing with local populations and then island bourne inbreeding situation made them significantly genetically different to Koreans and Chinese, including a higher percentage of people with the no smell sweat gene. The biggest difference is however in culture. The japanese are simply better than other asians, chinese are trash and koreans are pozzed.

I know what you're saying is correct but I can also see that you're using examples specifically to make the aznmasculinity boys rage kek

gods work user.

>chinese are trash and koreans are pozzed

hahaha prepare yourself for hapa rage

What fucking movie

I googled Nihonjinron and nothing about it says Japanese consider themselves white or non-Asian. In fact it said the opposite. And you are that same user since no two people are that dumb.

That they were considered white of skin on first meeting means absolutely nothing. He blew nothing away.

Japanese consider themselves Asian because they are in Asia. Everything else you said is meaningless.

Having a niggermutt mc was just too off putting, especially when they reveal who his father his and forcing him upon the white girl.
I hate you americans so much.

To be fair north koreans are still good. China had a decent culture before communism too but that might be exaggerated.

Here user i'll help you out for the people your comment will attract.

Posted byu/AstroHamsta
ILOVEKARMA5 months ago
A copypasta that causes China to ban the site with said pasta

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

>race doesnt matter, to japanese. they only consider geography.
kek.

Thanks user

Ash is a clone of Red who is the animu's main character. He is dumbed-down for the children audience and has intense oneitis for his level 100+ Pikachu, which helps the animu make money and go for hundreds and hundreds of episodes.
Red is actual champion material. He's featured in a bunch of game material and a few mangos.

yeah! Yea Forums is a safe space for azn masculinity didnt he know? wtf how dare he.

Hate (((americans))). Detective Pikachu flopped here.
The jews did this.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAH the rage of the little man

There is no "race" of "Asians", so again, everything you said it utterly meaningless.

They consider themselves Asian, because they are in Asia. They are not, and never have been, white.

>asians dont care about race!
once again, holy fucking kek

They're not americans you tard. They believe in race big time.

Wow dude learn to read his comment if you're gonna try to argue against it.

Attached: ummmmm.jpg (280x280, 12K)

Why is everybody bringing up the manga? Red IS the official name in the games. His name is red in both Japan and elsewhere and he shows up a few times in different games.

The manga is irrelevant and the games have their own thing going on. Like how red is a quiet man, man because he's like 20 now in game. Blue (green jp) is a nice decent guy but used to be cocky. And green (blue jp) is fucking INSANE and follows you around the game tossing pokeballs at you because you beat her to catching a pokemon

You are ill in the head, holy fuck.

r/hapas think theyre part of the group responsible for anime. This is the whole theme of this thread.

>everyone is the same person and bullying me together

>He looked chinese so I assumed he was
and you were complaining about racism earlier?

>Having a niggermutt mc was just too off putting
that's unironically the reason I didn't watch it.

This always makes me lol. I live in sydney so most of my friends are chinese. They hate this type of guy. The weak whiney guy who complains he cant get girls in Australia cause of racism lol. Just hit the gym losers.

That was my first post in this thread, I'm just surprised at how fucking crazy you are. We get it, you hate chinks and gooks, but you're stretching your ass over your head to defend and worship japs because you love anime.

Ignore that kind of post. Anyone who complains about racism is literally a faggot from the get go. It doesnt exist except against whites these days.

>chinks and gooks.

that's racist. I'm korean and i'm not every guy in the god damn thread.

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Asian all the same, bugman.

>because you love anime
you mean because they are superior and don't poo in the street