The Original Ending Of DARK PHOENIX

Were the reshoots improvements or not?

The aliens led by Jessica Chastain’s character (then called “Lilandra”) are intergalactic conquerors who want to use the Phoenix to subjugate the universe, not worshippers of the Phoenix who intend to use its power to terraform Earth to replace the homeworld they have lost. Chastain’s character is also not able to absorb the power of the Phoenix like in the movie.

The battle in New York ends with Jean realizing that Lilandra is manipulating her and leaving on her own. The Mutant Containment Unit arrives and arrests Magneto, Beast, Storm, Nightcrawler, Selene and Red Lotus, while Cyclops and Xavier escape. Lilandra contacts her fleet, and her flagship attacks the United Nations’ headquarters. Cyclops and Xavier go there to protect the humans, with Xavier telepathically guiding civilians to safety while Cyclops protects them from collateral damage. Lilandra and an army of aliens attack and nearly kill them when Jean returns, having learned about the attack on television. She destroys the flagship and disintegrates Lilandra and her men. Seeing the approaching fleet in the sky, Jean bids farewell to Cyclops and flies into space, where she seemingly sacrifices herself by transforming into the flaming bird, unleashing an energy blast so powerful it wipes out the entire fleet.

The rest of the ending proceeds as in the movie: Xavier leaves, the school is renamed in Jean’s honor, Beast becomes headmaster, and Quicksilver gets out of his coma. But rather than Magneto tracking Xavier down in France for a friendly game of chess, it is Xavier who arrives in Genosha to challenge Magneto to a match and announce his plans to help Magneto run the mutant commune. Both versions still end with a final shot of the flaming bird streaking across the sky, alluding to Jean’s survival.

Attached: Dark Phoenix.jpg (480x480, 50K)

>Mutant Containment Unit
>MCU
Based based BASED@!!!!!

where THE FUCK has art gone?!

By the end of the year dark phoenix will be liked. A flaw here and there but the good outweighs the bad.

I don't think it was great, but certainly comparable to much of Marvel minus the witticisms. Opinion of this movie will increase over time, not by too much though.

This ending is fine, but so is the ending we got. People don't like this movie because it doesn't have all the quips of a Marvel movie but the train action scene is better than almost anything Marvel has done.

Sounds interesting.

id rather watch the UN get fake destroyed

While the ending did suck, both the version we got and what you just said, the problems with the movie weren't just the ending. Actually the ending was the only time the movie got interesting, if only for the unique use of powers in the subway car.

It was the hour of boring nothing and constant talk about Raven, who is only in the movie for 15 minutes top. The just wasn't very coherent, and changing the end from She flies into the sky and explodes to She flies into the sky and explodes in front of a fleet of ships doesn't really change the other 9/10th of the movie being bland.

>use its power to terraform Earth to replace the homeworld they have lost
it's all so tiresome

where can i watch it for free

just wait a couple years until it's free on tv

yo mang im listenin to these dope tunes n want to use yer lyrics n my next album i say "bases based based based based" while bobbin ma head to fat beats dis album gunna be hella cash, yo thx fer da lyrics

there are websites lol u know a few im sure of it

I'm here!

t. Artie

yeah but this movie isn't worth the hassle of looking it up. watch a king crimson concert on youtube instead

>They teased Mr. Sinister in Apocalypse and Logan
>Still they fuckin' re-did X3
Fuck you, is good you're dead now

Based.

Attached: His Name is Diavolo.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

I want royalties

He was going to be in The New Mutants.

Sounds better.

I'm a huge X-Men fan (or was, in the 90's / early 2000's). Just fucking stop with trying to force this goddamn storyline.

money and brainwashing by jews is the goal silly

They're both OK endings though I like the spoiler one more.

I hope this is the last we see of J.Law, can't fucking stand her. She didn't single handily ruin this reboot but she had a big part in it.

>brainwashing

What even is the goal / propaganda with this one, pray tell?

empowering women, you are only jewish if ur mother is jewish. making women the stronger side of things will secure another tally in the jewish Torah