/RBMK/

Soviet Aesthetic Edition

Attached: soviet-murals-yevgen-nikiforov-55 (2).jpg (979x521, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l1xGC0H03rM
archive.is/KuENN
infowars.com/california-slammed-with-fukushima-radiation/
youtube.com/watch?v=vbBk0Y6cQZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YBNFvZ6Vr2U
youtube.com/watch?v=Jcvpj1QPp1Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_accidents
arxiv.org/abs/1001.4243
youtube.com/watch?v=-_1A-VWZzg4
lib.ru/MEMUARY/CHERNOBYL/dyatlow.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=pnZHHNfRKbQ
youtu.be/aQoh_Jton4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=oJDGcxAf9D8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedelin_catastrophe
youtube.com/watch?v=3Z_m7onLw74
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_Bondarenko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>watch Pacific rim in cinema years ago
>Ukrainian dub
>they literally call this thing Chernobyl alpha

Attached: 1560023097704.jpg (916x1061, 178K)

I mean, I'm pretty sure that WAS the origin of the name. Didn't they also say that it had a nuclear power plant or something?

youtu.be/l1xGC0H03rM

rate my oc comrades

Attached: animegirls.jpg (250x250, 10K)

hope he's ok lads

Attached: 1558732110723.png (715x779, 580K)

>look up Chernobyl
>it actually existed
holy shit

3.6/10

When are they going to make a series about fukushima? They had 3 reactors blow up on live tv so it should be even better.

Attached: fp-communication-fukushima_280474.jpg (700x450, 41K)

>no "Chernobyl" in OP
>no link to previous thread
off to a good start

>tfw i missed funposting in chernobyl threads

Attached: rob crying.gif (500x400, 989K)

>the table slapping
perfect

>bacho/pavel is canon
>no fic
reeeee

Attached: script.jpg (726x309, 143K)

is that a rassengan?

>They had 3 reactors blow up on live tv so it should be even better.
それは間違っていますあなたが彼らが爆破しなかったので彼らが爆破するのを見なかった!

Why would you shoot a man before flying him over the core?

The explosions released radioactive material into the atmosphere and irradiated a US aircraft carrier
archive.is/KuENN

>Shoot doggos while getting paid for it and serving the union
Sounds pretty dope if it doesn't reduce your life a shit ton

Ehh, probably not.

The reactors didn't blow up, the reactor BUILDINGS did. Instead of multiple people risking life and limb and horrible painful death to save millions of lives, we get a big shake, a big wave, two people die, and then the evacuation ends up killing a few more.

And then several years later they drill a hole in it and send in a robot.

Kinda boring desu

Please explain to me how a boiling water reactor can explode?

reminder that this series is rancid hollywood propaganda to discredit russian science and engineering superiority. RBMK reactors are generally better built than american ones, seeing as how the RBMK reactor is cheaper and more efficent while also being incapable of melting down at high rates.
the only way to melt down an RBMK reactor is through sabatoge and there is heaps of evidence of sabotage at chernobyl. all of the surrounding structure has blast marks that line up with a bomb, and witnesses reported seeing a mushroom cloud. all evidence point to a CIA suitcase nuke.

radiation is the least of an obsolete aircraft carriers worries. russian subs can sink that thing before the mutts onboard even know whats happening.

I remember monitoring the plume crossing the pacific ocean on some german website but they shut it down as it reached the US west coast

Attached: пиздец.jpg (500x529, 48K)

Well done, comrade!

>all evidence point to a CIA suitcase nuke.
Literally no evidence points to this. Worse, even if said evidence did exist, we wouldn't know because Russia is too proud and stubborn to let the world know any of the actual details about the event

So were soviet scientists actually good at what they did? Why isn't Russia an engineering powerhouse today, it's not like all these skilled people just disappeared.

Very nice.

The overheated reactors first evaporated the water which created pressurized hydrogen in the buildings, then the reactors started melting and releasing noble gasses as well as meltdown byproducts into the buildings. Then BOOM, all of it was blown all over Japan. That happened 3 times. Seems like Chernobyl was minor compared to 3 blown up reactors.

>to discredit russian science and engineering superiority.
implying Russians didn't do that to themselves for 50 years
>RBMK reactors are generally better built than american ones
idk seems like an RBMK reactor blew up and irradiated continental Europe and stuff.
>seeing as how the RBMK reactor is cheaper
why are commies so stingey? I thought money was a meme.

Attached: cheaper.png (1580x1232, 2.11M)

You’re trying too hard, tovarisch

Anyone who needs "Chernobyl" in the description to know what "RBMK" is about, isn't wanted in this thread either way.

It irradiated the entire US west coast. As soon as the reactor exploded the EPA raised their acceptable limits for radiation
infowars.com/california-slammed-with-fukushima-radiation/

not great but not horrifying

soviet and modern russian science is the best in the world. their military and their space program have the best designed equipment ever made while the west ties itself up in delay after delay of stuff that doesnt even work right.

nothing changed in that regard. you have been fed propaganda.

Attached: PAK-FA.jpg (1000x541, 137K)

>infowars
why do americans do this?

>tfw live in socal 3 miles from water
SCARED

what's next for our hickeyfu?

Attached: ludvas.gif (372x182, 2.9M)

>imagine actually believing this

>america honestly allow their citizens to get irradiated and punish anyone who speaks out
and people say the soviet union was the bad guy...

It was a CIA rogue agent and the reason the USSR never revealed this was to prevent war. In the end the CIA had to send one of their own to personally hunt down and kill the rogue agent to clear the USA of any wrongdoing.

Uhh, no.

Take a look at this. That's reactor 3, I think. See the yellow thing? That's the core containment vessel - intact, and un-breached, even with a building blown up on top of it. This is why I said the BUILDINGS blew up.

We all know what the Chernobyl reactor looked like when it blew up. Pull your head out of your ass.

Attached: 06japan-superJumbo[1].jpg (2048x1744, 1.16M)

What happened to I serve the soviet union poster

You can see the explosions here
youtube.com/watch?v=vbBk0Y6cQZQ
The explanation here
youtube.com/watch?v=YBNFvZ6Vr2U
So it's possible that the reactor already melted through the containment vessel and the explosion just blew the reactor pieces all over the vicinity.
The reactor vessels were damaged

retard

It's actual name is Black Alpha. Calling it Chernobyl is stupid.

lmao, you're an idiot

Jesus, just imaging what kind of force ripped those 4 feet thick reinforced concrete walls... The reactor is fukkd.

>Soviet Aesthetic
this is the actual flag of an actual place in russia

Attached: 1538939588780.jpg (1000x667, 62K)

Nuclear energy boils water producing steam pressure. Too much energy causes too much steam pressure. This is what happened at Chernobyl: the power output jumped to about ten times maximum safe operating level for about two seconds, flash boiling the water and the reactor burst like a pressure cooker.

Attached: kitchen niggers.jpg (600x800, 57K)

>It was a CIA rogue agent
no it wasnt. the US had memoirs that said Chernobyl was a good target to bankrupt the USSR. it was literally all planed by regan.

Chernobyl literally means black herb.

so western reactors are shit then.

whey didnt the mutts fix this after the same thing happened at Three Mile Island?

>999th rbmk thread
>they still be replying
Are you american or what

Seeing how my thread goes on very well despite your estimates, why don't you just sit down and start coping and rethink your life decisions?

americans always get in a tissy after the comically evil actions of their governments are brought up.

hollywood propaganda convinced them it's ok.

Yeah, but when your pressure cooker explodes, the goulash doesn't react with the atmospheric oxygen and explode, resulting in goulash fallout and later a nuclear meltdown of meat and paprika

Nope. Core Containment Vessels are built specifically to tank that sort of punishment. They're seamless and made entirely of steel - no stress points to shatter on.

Trust me, if one of them cracked, we would know.

and mutts like to say three mile island was fine LMAO
that shit burned throhg the earth and everyone knows it.

Yeltsin happened. Russia went from a command economy to laissez-faire economy in about one minute, and all of the Soviet department heads and deep-state spooks became the CEOs of their corporate fiefs and state agencies that were sold for a profit. Everybody with two diplomas to rub together emigrated abroad. To put just how shit Russia's economy is in perspective: at the absolute worst point in the Soviet Union it was two roubles to the dollar. It is now almost seventy roubles to the dollar.

>So it's possible that the reactor already melted through the containment vessel and the explosion just blew the reactor pieces all over the vicinity
If that happened the radiation would be literally sixty times worse. We would know.

>Tankies ITT insisting that the Fukushima reactors exploded

0/10 I can't even take it seriously.

The reactors completely melted through 3 of them.
How would you know when Japanese government changed safe radiation thresholds several times?

If they never covered the reactor could it really kill all of yurop?

legasov/schzerbina bench scene best scene

waaaaaah
cry mutt
waaaaah
cry and be not white
waaaaaah

Why don't you just make the OP properly?

it'd poison most of belarus and important parts of ukraine for sure

It does if you fill it with nails and rat poison in the right place

Attached: bktweet.jpg (607x529, 73K)

Cope.
Shill.

recipe?
I'm out of rat poison though, will organic onions do?

>retards ITT use reddit spacing
3,6/3,6 they should go back

>t. tyreese dayquan hernandez

I rate this at 3.6 roentgen

Ama about Legasov
I got quite a bit first hand info about him and his personal life

Attached: 1560013410898.jpg (638x904, 168K)

The better question is: Why didn't you start the new thread? Then you wouldn't have to complain about mine.

Someone had to make one to keep the eternal RBMK threads going. If no one competent signs up, well you see what happened.

The CIA sent fucking exploding cigars into Cuba so Fidel would blow up like a looney tunes. Israel and the CIA disabled Iranian production and manufacturing by leaving a bunch of usbs with stuxnet around the workplace. Is it really a stretch to believe they wouldnt fuck with the USSRs reactors?

He was a chemist not a nuclear physicist right?

Woah, when are the ruskies making a counter-kino about this story?

did he have a cat irl?

Attached: bigcat.jpg (550x550, 72K)

their making an actually truthful series and not rancid mutt propaganda.

>he probably missed the terror generals too

Well at least your recognize your own incompetence.

it's difficult having such little self-respect as to want to fuck this guy

So it was the americans that erased the plans for containment buildings on the blueprint? And wrote "graphite" on the instructions for the control rods?
Poisoned the reactor prior to the experiment?
Controlled Dyatlov to make stupid shit?

ok

Explain to me how a BWR reactor explodes. Not a meltdown, not a hydrogen steam release. An EXPLOSION.

Yes but he was very unsatisfied with his field and being stuck in it was part of why he was depressed. He was someone who was pulled in a lot of different directions and wanted to do everything and be everywhere.
That I don't know but perhaps I could find out.

How does vodka decrease radiation?

another one cum rags - but not my oc

youtube.com/watch?v=Jcvpj1QPp1Q

Attached: Untitled.png (627x622, 140K)

mutts design a reactor that hydrogen (lmao what were they thinking) can build up in.
the end.

awful

Americans have done that for decades and still do that so chinese fuck up their knockoffs of sensitive tech. Yes. Yes. MKUltra.

Pretty much
We've been through several devaluations
Though for just RUB to USD exchange rates there were crazier times, like 1997 where it was like ~5800R for $1

Attached: 1559854719629.jpg (379x720, 44K)

>t. Gorbachev

Like the Hindenburg? Lmao

3.6/10

make it Comrades, like other user already said once before and you're golden.

Explain to me how Coal power plants cause 100.000 deaths, solar energy 440, and wind 1400 deaths for 1PWh, while Nuclear Energy, while generating the same exact 1PWh, only manages to cause 90 deaths?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_accidents

Are any of the women in episode 2 real?

mutts fake the numbers. three mile island contaminated an entire state and everyone knows it.

Lyudmila yes
Scientists no

How does solar kill 440 people? People falling off roofs? How dumb do you have to be to get killed by wind turbines?

that makes literally 0 sense what you just said

Attached: 1558117965778.gif (500x500, 117K)

Probably real but I'm guessing their role in things are kicked up to a thousand compared to reality. Seems like every scene with the physicist or the doctor was something that'd never be recorded anywhere.

[Seinfeld bassline]

Attached: file.png (585x256, 33K)

Attached: Trog777.png (3000x3000, 468K)

you didn't miss out too much, as soon as the show literally got popular at the very end, the threads started devolving into bait replies about political ideology and the female scientist instead of the pure meme machine it was at the very start. there were like constant threads and constantly new images being created, it was like Yea Forums was alive again.

Attached: 1558466671461.jpg (680x834, 141K)

yes please investigate and report back

Attached: cat.jpg (540x527, 92K)

Is there any chance that the TOTDY threads will be comfy?
Or will the show be too popular here from conception?

i guess it only works with certain types of rads. specifically when you have hydrogen isotopes in your body's water. the alcohol is a diuretic and makes you replace the water in your body faster thus flushing the contaminated water along with the regular water. or something like that cyka blyat get out of here stalker.

>fantasize about nuking San Francisco, San Diego, and LA
>Japs do it for free

Based as usual

Reminder that natural fission reactors existed and their explosions created the moon

I will.
More fun facts about Legasov:
>his son was a drug addict with a love for fast cars who gave Legasov a lot of grief and eventually killed himself by jumping
>his daughter was also a very difficult child but is now massively successful and wealthy
>he had a very tumultuous extra-marital love affair that contributed to his suicide

Why did he hate jews?

He was just as much of a party man as Boris, right?

The question you should be asking is "why doesn't everybody?"

Read my post, tankie. Hydrogen steam release doesn't count.

Incidentally, that's how the Chernobyl reactor exploded, after popped off its lid like a champagne cork - couldn't release the steam.

>Hydrogen steam release doesn't count.
>"i-it doesnt count if it proves me wrong!"
classic westcuck

That's some Evangelion tier fanfic

steam boilers can explode. this one just happened to be radio active and huge.

see
See the fuel rods? No. Reactor's not blown up. Steam release =/= blown up reactor.

We're done here.

If the water was flashboiled then why were the tanks full?

>that clap
>the explosion at the end

Attached: 1467921023558.jpg (900x1200, 235K)

>natural fission reactors existed
Yes
>and their explosions created the moon
What the fuck are you on about.

Look at these two

Attached: qlacJbw.jpg (1485x1114, 115K)

arxiv.org/abs/1001.4243

I don't even know how to answer the first question
About the second, he was a party guy but he wasn't deeply invested in it, he was much more invested in his work and shitty personal life.

based
youtube.com/watch?v=-_1A-VWZzg4

Why did they kiss? Where they queers?

>implying the CIA agent wasn't actually a Mossad agent
The real goal was to irradiate Europe in order to make white europeans infertile in order to justify importing shitskins later down the line

Why would you import shitskins that hate your guts and want you dead to replace pro-jews white europeans still sorry about the Holocaust?

Attached: 1559470768924.jpg (493x352, 60K)

>american tries to deflect blame
classic.

Wow, what a smart plan.
Why didn't they blow up a reactor in Germany, kinda more centralised?
And why are Eastern Euros birthing machines?

>he thinks America is anything but a Jewish vassal state
cute.

If they move all the browns to Europe then Israel is safe and they get sandland all to themselves.

because europeans had better security at their plants and also no RBMK reactors one could neatly explode if only they knew exactly how...

Well that's hardly how demographics work.

Proofs?

>i-its not our fault! its the jews!
this is why everyone hates americans.

Hopefully season two of taboo. Hmmmmmhmm

Did the KGB really bully him?

hmmmmhmmm be very careful now

Attached: nootka.jpg (512x512, 39K)

where's the best place to watch this?

Attached: 5 scientific reasons.jpg (878x814, 60K)

The wind carried it off to Finland, a country with a tiny population, so it was a retarded plan.

Snahp

Have you read based Dyatlov's book yet, comrades?

lib.ru/MEMUARY/CHERNOBYL/dyatlow.txt

Attached: dyatlov chern 4.jpg (1200x1120, 118K)

What is this 'proof' you speak of? If Russia Today says it then it is fact

>reactor is missing
>giant hole where it was
>glowing orb giving off a fuckton of radiation in the centre of the hole
>loud explosion moments beforehand
>"yeah but if you can't explain it then it didn't happen"

E01 is truly a masterpiece

Attached: disbelief.webm (1986x1117, 2.9M)

the whole show is pretty kino

For me, it's E01 and the E05 flashbacks.

Why is Dyatlov so based?

Its not great but not terrible comrade

>everything i dont like is Americas fault

funny, im born in that state and i feel fine
>t. poster with autism

Was this the same man who was looking for the 'good' dosimeter?

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E01.1.23.45.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-EniaHD.mkv_snapshot_14.24_[2019.06.09_01.51. (1440x900, 504K)

Because he doesn't give in to delusions.

Yes, the control room boys were the best part by far. Of course, there were some other good stuff too.

>get's five times the fatal dose of radiation
>tanks it and lives way into elderly and dies of a heart attack

Very little actually. His suicide had little to do with Chernobyl.

What are some other kino commie series? I liked the Americans but was not kino.

A-are you stupid?

Yeah, I really love the new Armata tank too. All 23 that Russia could afford, very nice.

He lived 5 more years.
Wow.
And Dyatlov never got a fatal dose of radiation. He never even got burns

Is Anatoly Dyatlov the Sam Hyde of the Russian nuclear industry? How does he keep getting away with it?

What does "1.23.45" mean?

hahaha

And Boris Shcherbine also definitely wasn't murdered by Yeltsin for opposing him. Yep. Checks out.

>L-Legasov-kun, I'm going into meltdown...
>Core-chan, I'm going to put it in... the control rod...
>N-no, Legasov-kun! If you do that I'll... I'll-!

Attached: 1559940055971.jpg (1910x954, 149K)

That's the time at which the reactor exploded.

I see, I didn't catch that.

Let me rephrase, the suicide itself was something he had wanted to do for a long time. Chernobyl was just the push he needed to carry it out.

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E05.Vichnaya.Pamyat.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-EniaHD.mkv_snapshot_00.52.17_[2019.0 (1440x900, 644K)

Going to Chernobyl in March. Tell me you’re jealous

Legasov didn't commit suicide. It was a KGB job.

The rope was a special climbing rope and professionally knotted. Suicidal people usually use whatever rope or power cable they can find and most of the time fail when hanging themselves.

Attached: elena.png (901x750, 329K)

you're done

I mean this man

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E01.1.23.45.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-EniaHD.mkv_snapshot_12.39_[2019.06.09_02.20. (1920x1080, 777K)

excellent

With what were the redesigned control rods tipped?
And what would have been the correct material as tip, if they didn't want to save money?

I mean, I can't confirm or deny what happened, all I know 100% is that he was suffering from depression and suicidal ideation. Could well be what you said and the world would be none the wiser.

no

Who is he actually?

good luck and no

Needs faces of the characters of the Chernobyl chracters on top of the simpsons characters.

nuclear energy is racist

Was this man acted by Jordan Peterson? He looks like him and sounds like him.

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E01.1.23.45.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-EniaHD.mkv_snapshot_29.25_[2019.06.09_02.25. (1920x1080, 888K)

dosimeter operator Valerii Starodumov

russia is racist

I’ll post pictures of my travels in March on tv but I don’t anyone will care then

иди нaхyй, нигep

It's Joris Petersonovich

Clean your roof

Haфиг ты cюдa пpишeл шoкoлaдный зaяц

Attached: who is that apparatchik .png (1300x1463, 465K)

ameriKKKa bad drucKKKf

I mean, he had a gun. Would you rather hand yourself or shoot yourself? He was a scientist and a physicist. He would know that hanging yourself never results in a quick death since you cannot properly drop yourself to achieve the force needed to snap your neck. And if he hanged himself, then he would have hanged himself from a taller structure where his fall would give him the force needed to snap his neck.

Also: Where the fuck do people draw this depression shit? There are hardly any reputable sources on the entire subject.

I mean, of course it is possible that he was depressed. He was responsible for thousands of young people risking their lives and saw the worst effects of radiation on humans possible.

But why wouldn't he have killed himself sooner? Or why didn't he, to help his tapes get out, not just leave the USSR and emigrate, something thousands of Soviets did.

He was murdered. Just like Boris. Yeltsin knew that Boris would be a great threat to his presidency since he was a fucking literal hero that saved thousands of people. And Boris was openly opposing him.

bridge of death is a racist conspiracy theory and white supremacist propaganda

He didn't have a dedicated counterpart in the show though, right?

Who else immediately recognized this as two people splitting an atom?

it wasn't that bad

It should just have been boron carbide like the rest of the rod. Adding graphite to the tips is a cheap and dangerous way of expanding the effective range of control - although it shouldn't become dangerous until many rods are 100% removed.

Oh so that's why they're red.

then it explains why they are so red

no, even the main roof guy didnt have his counterpart, the guy who does both 'dont stumble, dont fall' and '800 rubles bonus' speaches.

Attached: 883de87c16d2ddb39a1cada7b7a71e1e_2_XL.jpg (900x1358, 965K)

>But why wouldn't he have killed himself sooner? Or why didn't he, to help his tapes get out, not just leave the USSR and emigrate, something thousands of Soviets did.
He was waiting until the radiation made living not worth it anymore. As for why he didn't use a gun - maybe he didn't want to make a mess all over his cat, or maybe he saw one of those guys that lived through getting shot in the head and reconsidered.

>And Dyatlov never got a fatal dose of radiation.

Dyatlov got a dose of nearly 400REM. He had a roughly 50% chance of survival.

Deutschland 83

More than that, he got it TWICE. He got blasted while on a submarine some years earlier, that was 350 REM.

The man was astonishingly lucky when it came to getting irradiated.

The man just didn't give a shit by that point. He couldn't be bothered to die.

What's next for Johan Renck? He can't go back to direct some music videos after this kind of kino

>reputable sources
My source is someone who knew him personally, for long before Chernobyl and after. Call me a larper, just sharing what info I have with the thread.

I watched the final 2 episode tonight. Episode 4 was the toughest by far. The final episode was amazing. I don't know what to do now bros. Will we lose each other?

The submarine incident was 200rem.

posting here because I didn't think it deserved a thread
is Heat really that good? forget I bought it and I'm thinking about watching it, is it just a meme?
Or is it one of those good memes like Collateral?

I'm admitting I'm just devil's advocate here, but I seriously doubt that he killed himself.
His death is so convenient for the KGB that his death due to radiation would have been a much better beacon to signal the scientific community to change the reactor design.

Isn't the "bell ringer" more or less him? And I can understand they condensed him to Tarakanov, since Tarakanov also did the speech and handshakes, both of them did on various occasions.

I really don't understand the motivation to add the moderator material, the stuff that actually helps fission, on the "cooling" rod. What do you mean by expanding the effective range of control?

I mean yes it's good but you really couldn't find a more relevant thread to ask that question?

Attached: scrap.png (819x833, 817K)

>no image of muscle core-chan lifting the 1000ton-lid
boo

I'm not calling you a larper..yet.

Who is the source? You could just tell me, you know.

Is there a wiki/whatever article on this accident anywhere?

good music, good scenes, lame plot. The robbery is really well done, but the plot just isn't there.

there's sneed and porn bait rampant everywhere

someone should make a pic of core-chan picking the lid up and throwing it like a frisbee

Attached: 1559940493320.png (1920x798, 1.36M)

>She stood tall and majestic. She radiated fury. She shouted: “Who has disturbed me?” But then, anger expelled, she felt the sadness beneath; she let her breath fall softly, like a sigh, like ashes floating gently on the wind.

>She couldn't understand why he chose to flirt so closely with the death of the world.

Are Sasha and Masha nicknames in Russian? Because Leonid calls Aleksandr Akimov Sasha (and others call others Sasha) while Lyudmilla is called Masha by Vasily?

My uncle. Knew him from the institute.

Yeah they're shortened, vocative terms of endearment

Yes.

>Isn't the "bell ringer" more or less him?
i think it is him in a way but there was a designated officer for that post.
>And I can understand they condensed him to Tarakanov, since Tarakanov also did the speech and handshakes, both of them did on various occasions.
he was a part of command HQ and trained people on site of the roof when it was too much of a clusterfuck with all the debris and not only that. man has titanium balls

Sure. Still impressive.

Apparently (I dunno what is the source) they mention in the podcast that Legasov had tried suicide already.
But I don't know the source and I can agree with your points, however there are still too many variables, inherent to the instability of the human nature coupled with his circumstances.

a) Look at this stuff, even the spot where he supposedly kill himself is not certain
b) he had tried before with sleeping pills, his body was deteriorating
I am reading an article about him in italian from 2017.
He was diagnosed with radiation pancreatitis, started losing control of the fingers of the left hand, then right hand and the leg. Tried taking the pills during the fall of 87.
c) He might have not used the pistol because he could not handle the pistol, but how could he handle the rope? What if somebody helped him?
d) Inga Leganov spoke about his father, has she ever mentioned anything about the circumstances of his death? She seems to have not questioned the cause, it seems for her the suicide by guilt and depression makes sense.

More worried about Boris, one article I read chalked it up to radiation, but it does not necessarily have to be that, Dyatlov got 390 rem and died in 95, Legasov dead body was measured and he had taken 100 rem. (25 should be the max apparently), did Yeltsin really hated Boris? Would he go as far as to have him murdered?

Legasov during 87 told them, (translation from this italian article I read).

>"everything has burned within me"
>"tutto è bruciato dentro di me".

Attached: variables.png (900x331, 38K)

Hey kids dinner is ready go get Dyatlov

Attached: pressure cooker angry.webm (1024x524, 1.71M)

Just found Valerii Starodumov's show version (kinda)

It has to be the flag carrier, since in reality it was Valerii who carried the flag up the tower

youtube.com/watch?v=pnZHHNfRKbQ

They're great engineers but they didn't have the financial resources to keep up with the US. Soviets figured out why their rockets were exploding on the launch pad before the US (lack of bonding straps)

Meltdown bro's

youtu.be/aQoh_Jton4Y

Shcherbina was an outspoken critic of Yeltsin, so this case is definitely the most likely

Still, consider you failed a suicide attempt, would you really use hanging? If he had a gun, he knew how to handle it. This is Europe/Russia. People can get guns, but not "A bag of chips, two diet cokes and a Luger, please and thank you"

Inga lost her brother to suicide as well and I've heard that her relationship with her father was not always good. It makes sense for her to not question much.

>25 should be the max apparently
50 was max for a Chernobyl liquidators personel, if you had 50 you are done, in a sense that you are no longer should be considered a healthy participant of the team and should go hospital/home. more than that was considered LD50/30 based on docus i saw.

Something called Gunpowder Milkshake

Why didn't they CGI the steam like in Zero Hour?

Is it a Titanic kind of situation where there was thought to be steam but actually there wasn't so they didn't show it? Like people thought the Titanic was vertical after she broke?

dubs chekked comrad

also this anime is going to get made at some point
>Instead of a nuclear arms race, world powers make radioactive gods in the form of beautiful naked girls who then fight with each other
>Main character is a worker who secretly braves the containment to befriend the Core-chan being kept within, despite the deadly radiation slowly killing him.
Also why not insert a wild-card element:
>If the proper procedures are not followed in keeping these giant goddesses stable, they will suffer a "meltdown" in which they go mad, leaving utter annihilation in their wake.

Attached: 1559947508291.jpg (673x1200, 114K)

Yeltsin was a drunken idiot, he couldn't have had assasinated a fly.

good shit

>yeltsin
>killing anyone

Attached: 589c24be9866897303f91c9fc5c01c9c85f38a1f1af7b9db96pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg (800x419, 44K)

Three Mile Island was unique in that the technicians involved misread the computer outputs. If they had done nothing the emergency system would have actually worked properly and stopped the problem.

I serve the Soviet Union

Yes, and comrade Vladi Putin can wrestle bears.

Even when it was that easy to get a gun hanging was the most popular suicide method in most of Europe. Only the Americans are obsessed with shooting themselves.

>they literally call this thing Chernobyl alpha
Nope. It's black alpha. Just sounds similar.

Alcohol dilutes your bloodstream

episodes 1 and 2 are peak kino
3 to 5 are nice but they never reach that intensity level again

>Didn't they also say that it had a nuclear power plant or something?
Yeap. It was an old model that still worked on nuclear power.

it's Cherno Alpha; literally Black Alpha

is so murky because both of these men's deaths happen to have an alibi.
Boris's death was not spoken about because apparently until a certain year a doctor could not mention that a death was caused by radiation, but even so there must be some record of him being brought to an hospital, unless you are standing with the elephant you don't just drop dead from rads all of sudden.

How the hell did they kept the rest of the reactors on until the 90s? I mean they got that huge exclusion zone right? How did the workers commute to work? What would they be thinking?

That's what i said.

>redessigned
I thought the implication was that they didn't replace the rods, just made sure the reactors couldn't be pushed to the point were inserting the graphite tips would result in an explosion.

Quick~! Recommend me more like Chernobyl?

The doctor could still say that he died of XY cancer.
I know I have 0 evidence for my suspicion. But the implications and motives for assassinations are just extremely hard to ignore.

>XY cancer
Cancer of his male chromosomes that turned him into a cute girl?

You are right, there has to be more, because looking at Legasov, he died by hanging ok, but had he died by rads we still know about him being in a hospital. Did Boris had any friend? Family? Relatives? Colleagues who could speak for him? He was a high ranking official wasn't he? There must have been some investigation.

There wasn't for the same reason that Chernobyl was hushed up in the first place
People didn't want to be perceived as dangerous to the party line. Yeltsin was going to be president, not Boris. So if they sided with Boris, they could kiss their career goodbye

guns are racist

There is point having best scientists in the world if they're living in authoritarian shitholes. Without democracy and free market there is no progress, which means no technologies and resources to build and maintain anything that is more complicated than a wooden stick. Commies pretended to be most powerful country in the world when in fact they weren't even in top 50.

kill the cracKKKer plague race

>Without democracy and free market there is no progress, which means no technologies and resources to build and maintain anything that is more complicated than a wooden stick
surprisingly accurate description of ussr circa 80s

fuck off the USSR gave us more tech progress than the USA ever did

>have gore/medical horror fetish
>near constant boner through the first episode and the dying of radiation scenes
Jesus fuck I should really fucking kill myself shouldn't I.

Attached: 1541818091311.png (544x422, 262K)

absolutely

it ate half of that progress thru bureaucracy shenaningas or idelogical bullshit, like Kiev IT Institute or laser reaserching facilities

I remember when studying advanced mathematics for STEM back in college most of the references were soviet era authors. They’re legit and hard as fuck.

what does goulash decay produces

Oh yeah, the further you go up in that field the more Slav names there are.

I love shitting on Russia's empire fantasies as much as the next guy, but the Soviets got shit done constantly. They beat the Americans all the time and the decline only started after the moon landing.

And unlike America, Russia didn't have to import scientists en masse.

It has a half life of 72 hours and decays into an unstable isotope of mold which has a half life of 6 weeks after which it becomes a stable staple food for gulag prisoners.

Пpивeт, я кop-чaн.

Attached: J89K8Px.jpg (989x629, 139K)

I fear the wrath of a core-chan scorned

Never reduce her power.

Yeah, I didn’t go that far up since my field wasn’t pure math but I had to go through a lot of Mir books to learn what was needed for my field.

tanks are obsolete. drones are the future.

Why were they shoveling burnt concrete in episode 4?

Sasha is a shorthand for Alexander\Alexandra, Masha is for Maria. Lyudmila would be Lyuda
Almost every name has a shorthand or several of them, plus a bunch of hypocoristics

I can hear the geiger counter clicking from here

>And unlike America, Russia didn't have to import scientists en masse.
uhhh
the Soviets and the US split the Nazi scientists down the middle like some kind of fucked up baseball game

>privyet ya core-chan
I don't speak vodka, but I take it that means "Hello, I am core-chan"?

>[phone rings]

Attached: dudaev.jpg (600x492, 105K)

So why does Vasily call her Masha when she enters his room?

>tfw listening to Midnight in Chernobyl
>tfw they need help handling corium melting through plant
>tfw they literaly go to the germans and ask 'how do we handle something really hot that might have melted through the nuclear plant floor'
>tfw I looked at reactor and have no face

What episode and time? My memory is really bad

>we never got to see core-chan's feet

Attached: elephant.jpg (733x481, 52K)

allah

that photo looks so fucked up

I really want to see this thing irl

2. I don't know what time.

I always wonder if the radiation messed up color in some of the soviet pictures and videos? it's 1986, so they had invented color.

Core chan is so powerful, you have to view her with a mirror around the corner.

To imagine that this boring mess is one of the most deadly things known to life.
Not a predator with metal claws and lazer eyes or whatever the fuck people come up in sci fi movies, no supernatural demons, ghosts or aliens, just isotopes. neutrons and shit.

Faggot, the fuel melted the bottom off.

Attached: deformed-grating-under-fuel-containment-vessel-of-no-2-reactor-of-fukushima-daiichi-nuclear-plant.jp (594x233, 77K)

>R34P still doesn't have all the Core-chans

Do your patriotic duty already /rbmk/.

Attached: duty.jpg (1920x1080, 775K)

>They beat the Americans all the time and the decline only started after the moon landing.
When pretty much every western breakthrough found it's use beyond arms and space race, commie end up with nothing but pride and bare asses. It's not a coin flip, you can have pride and wear pants too. It's just wearing pants could be against someone interests.
>And unlike America, Russia didn't have to import scientists en masse.
No one forced scientists to move, americans gave them more opportunity and freedom than anyone else on this planet when commies have to put up iron curtain just to keep at least someone inside, which says a lot.

Just become a surgeon and explain your frequent erections as a medical disorder.

Attached: 1503328414222.jpg (317x351, 23K)

That's the containment grate one third of the way up the CCV. Show me the hole in the bottom.

That looks so much creepier than the blood in alien

Anybody got the chat of what happened to all the characters irl?

Attached: Krieg_Soldat-1.jpg (441x1087, 122K)

get out of here S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

>boring mess
Bitch say that to my face. It's creepy and alien looking even if you don't know what it is.

Attached: maxresdefault-4.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

I finally know what this song is about.
youtube.com/watch?v=oJDGcxAf9D8

what happened to the mop in:

Ugh
She doesn't gets to him in 2nd, he's moved to the hospital and then fled to the Moscow on the helicopter while she tries to get to him
In 3rd she enters the Moscow hospital but he doesn't call her by her name, neither does later when he's pizza

Attached: 1559848721837.png (497x576, 212K)

laughed in anticipation of table slap. C.o.m.r.a.d.e.s might be better and didnt like explosion sound at the end - think music over the top would be better. Also, the characters between Dyaltov and Yuvchenko had too similar scenes used (always inside the control room) so that section was a bit boring and samey - could find other clips from outside (if they have any).

>That clap
>That folder throwing
>that explosian
beautiful melike

yeah, if you photoshop it and rape the printed out picture during an earthquake and then photograph it again, then it looks creepy.

Attached: 1559728020957.png (303x335, 157K)

ruKKKia drucKKKf hacKKKers

dude in 1986 the most advance and specialized medical centers in the soviet union didn't even have automatic blood cell counters.
it 'got shit done' by fucking up and then pretending nothing happened.

nah fukushima isn't like chernobyl. The explosion isn't the sole interestng part about the chernobyl disaster. It's the entire soviet union that was the interesting part. imo they should make a series on the soviet invasion of afghanistan make it kind of like generation kill.

During this time we still used frogs to know if a woman was pregnant.

Russians were the first in space.

>imo they should make a series on the soviet invasion of afghanistan make it kind of like generation kill.
yeah that would be kino but they’d probably jew it up hard

people don’t realize how backward america was compared to the USSR

they were the first in killing a bunch of people and then when one finally came back alive declared him the in space. and Gagarin parachuted out of the capsule, so ... not really.
They also got 120 scientists killed in a rocket explosion.

>implying Americans didn't suffer casualties during the space program

Continue coping. The American/Russian feud is glorious. I, as a Euro, just enjoy it.

lots of unsourced claims there

Both of them were and are shitholes compared to the true West, which is Europe and technically Australia. Both Russia and USA are completely fucking dangerously idiotic.

hey how's the oven project going?
oh wait.

and america was the first one to BBQ their astronauts while on land

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nedelin_catastrophe

the USSR was nowhere near the shit hole that the USA still is today

Get this man to the infirmary! He has severe radiation burns!

explosive accidents happened far more often in the USA

Attached: 1559998407260.png (497x576, 157K)

>people don’t realize how backward america was compared to the USSR

Attached: 1551670427652.png (1000x432, 165K)

t. uses russian rockets to reach space

was this general always delusional vatnik and m*tt shitposting or I'm just late to the party
t. just finished the thing 2 hours ago

I have a gun and my goto plan for an heroing if the situation arises is either 120v across the heart or 600 foot BASE jump without a parachute

Jesus christ he's so fucking angry. Russian butthurt truly knows no bounds

Attached: 1552828657864.jpg (450x338, 29K)

Soon

Attached: space x.jpg (1280x853, 120K)

yeah? which one killed 120 people to fire up a rocket?
We can also talk about Mayak if you want.

FIRE IN THE COCKPIT
FIRE IN THE COCKPIT

Attached: 120127ApolloOneFire.jpg (598x917, 205K)

>Dogs are people

holodomor never happened but also the kulaks deserved it
#clinton2020

erhm
HOLODOMOR
the USSR killed literally every last citizen and bled the countries dry unless they were Russians.
The USSR was the worst idea humans ever came up with. And all their suppressed allies as well. Every oppressive kingdom is better off than even the most cultured communist country. Communism is the worst disease that could befall your country. Not even the crazy counter extreme of american capitalism is as severe as that. You never hear of Americans starving or being starved just because they are considered better offs.

Russians used German rockets.

we need more slav kino

COLUMBIA
BOOM
CHALLENGER
BOOM

THE ETERNAL GRINGO CRIES AS HE STRIKES YOU

and so did america

Attached: 1557620473188.jpg (480x360, 33K)

nope we made our own

think of the cleanup and your ugly mangled corpse.
Get a nice tub and use a good acid.
then rethink your life and shut the fuck up and buy some good food.

Congratulations comrade
you have performed your duties perfectly
I wish you good health and long life
Thank you.

>Russians so triggered they pretend to not be Russians.
Butthurt and no backbone, SMDH

My life is pretty good, I'm just saying that I considered what a good surefire way to do it is. I came up with the low mess idea and the big mess + big fun idea

im an american and even i can recognize the USSR was better

hey remember that time the Russians sent up a guy in a capsule with 200+ known defects. What happened to that guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=3Z_m7onLw74

Nothing, comrade.
Here's a pic of him relaxing with his friends after landing

Attached: 1532378387394.jpg (256x175, 8K)

>im an american

Attached: 1559690735904.jpg (414x416, 72K)

russia had a 40% mission failure rate, no one else in the world has a similar ratio.

post a picture of your rolls of fat you dumb fucking american

Then why not at least be creative and try out a new death?
Lick the elephant's foot and then chain yourself to it. Your corpse will remain there forever, since no one wants to scrape you off it. Douse yourself in concrete for extra stability. You might even be considered a hero if you thus seal the corium a bit.

Is the russian monkey upset?

Attached: 1559596597016.jpg (303x335, 46K)

as if american capitalists would release the real failure rate

ruKKKia hacKKKed the eleKKKtion for raKKKist drucKKKf

i just fucking hate americans so much just shut up no one fucking cares about what comes out of your fat fucking mouth holy fuck just stop fucking talking you are all so fucking dumb fuck fuck fuck

Attached: 1556589474418.png (680x568, 336K)

My plan for that is to become the 750KV man

what are radiation levels there today?

>t. country that tried to hide a rocket explosion that caused an earthquake

Attached: FB6C5118-91D9-4D12-BE29-1E740E408906.jpg (750x692, 138K)

imagine India's space program...

US has a 52% failure rate for Mars though

>be russian
>do 15 days endurance experiment
>make delicious russian blin
>leave hot plate on
>burn to death in horrible oxigen fire.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_Bondarenko

Attached: 1551103579510.png (1052x756, 849K)

hillary clinton should've been president and nucc the raKKKist ruKKKians

>for mars
and that is relevant how? the US has a far better mission failure rate because it isnt run by russians.

i see my initial shitposting has payed off.

You have to repurpose amerimutt memes because your mcdonald’s brain is too small?

fuck.
he was probably the only good looking slav and they murdered him.

Attached: 1551457185670.jpg (1122x664, 316K)

Why don't rockets go straight up? Why are they going up in an arch?

Attached: 5217E043-853E-46BD-8DC3-9DD33C20BBA0.jpg (960x960, 80K)

Attached: vatniks.jpg (300x319, 72K)

go play kerbal space program

Say what you want, but Russia did more for her citizens. Look at those beautiful leisure programs!

Attached: Russia vs Westx.png (2596x1296, 1.4M)