Have any good movies come out this year so far?

I've been catching up on kino from previous years. Any recs?

Attached: download (2).jpg (329x153, 5K)

you guys cant come up with one? didnt know 2019 was this bad.

High Life if you like Claire Denis. Dragged Across Concrete, Long Day’s Journey Into Night. Peterloo, High Flying Bird and Domino are watchable.

Deadwood

thanks. saw some praise for domino here but critics are tearing it apart. thus, i'll check it out.

Don't expect much. The film had troubled production, DePalma disowned it. He wasn't present during post production process. So the colour grading looks quite bad sometimes. Technically the film is shoddily done, acting is soap opera tier at some points but it is quite fun, it's short and has alright plot.

great, now i know what to expect. did you see user by chance? from the guy who directed gattaca, so i thought it might be decent.

That was just bad. Not even fun bad. Andrew Niccol hasn't made anything worthwhile in a long time. I also saw Polar this year which is trash, but i found it entertaining it has this comic book aesthetic, it's cringy, oversexualized at some points and quite violent. It has Mads Mikkelsen who is great so if you like trashy overstylized films then check it out. I also forgot there was a film with Mads called Arctic which is a survival film and that one was good.

Thank you for saving me time on user. I’m a simple man though. I see Mads and I watch, so thanks for those recs as well.

You are welcome, enjoy.

>Dragged Across Concrete
>Shawdow
>Best of Enemies
>Fast Color
>Under the Silver Lake (yes, it counts as 2019 not 2018 due to delayed worldwide release)

Pretty weak year desu but there are a few good films

Armond White loved it kek

Attached: 1Jm26plQ7BWepDpvja6SwBNFy6N.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

I bet he loved it because of the political undertones.

Happy Death Day 2U

Attached: broly.jpg (1080x1920, 1.08M)

Yup, he also said the Game of Thrones cast graduated to real cinema in this film

Kek, the performances were not that great, although Nikolai was alright.

Attached: captain-marvel-1.jpg (825x464, 64K)

Damn thx for the reminder. Heard it’s funnier than the first one which I enjoyed quite a bit.

Endgame. Capekino

Ew

Definition of capekino

Attached: v1.jpg (206x305, 21K)

Attached: 1558987393668.jpg (2000x3000, 1.24M)

Lmao no

Imo capekino is TDK, Infinity War and prolly other flicks like Winter Soldier, Civil War ect

Detective Pikachu
Dogzilla
Captain Marvel

Standoff at Sparrow Creek is 9/10 and was a huge surprise. Smart, tense, unpredictable, well shot, extremely well performed, no agenda.

Dragged Across Concrete is an 8/10 and worth watching for sure.

>Best of Enemies
Lmao. Dropped

Korine is tired