I Am Mother

What did you think of it?

Attached: 37D3EF54-840E-407D-9A09-17DB494D5703.png (1182x699, 815K)

I didn't see much of a point of killing the woman at the end.

she didn't want her to interfere

So, in the end, she doesn't trust her own daughter to manage herself. I mean, if the older woman wanted to hurt her, she would have already done it.

Mother wants to build a better human race. The older woman, most likely the first clone she raised, was used to show daughter that humans can't be trusted. Mother orchestrated the all the events in the movie to let daughter become the new mother of the human race.

Mother kills the woman in the end since she fulfilled her purpose. Shes an imperfect human that should not exist in the new world.

So now daughter raises the next generation of better humans while Mother oversees it all as a God ready to destroy them if they fail

>The older woman, most likely the first clone she raised,
No, it's just a survivor.

If you've wasted precious bandwidth on netflix garbage in any way you should gargle fucking draino post haste.

Attached: 1466348480047.png (600x800, 394K)

Is console war coming to Yea Forums

Mother asked the woman where she came from. Who was her mother. The woman said she was raised by a different family since she was an orphan.
Mother said she lived this long only because she allowed it.

>Mother said she lived this long only because she allowed it.
Interesting.

I thought she just meant that she was secretly supplying her food and survival stuff in easy to scavenge spots

Based and correct interpretation. The only problem with Mother's plan is that without her constant guidance, humans are just going to revert to their self-destructive tendencies. If I'd written the screenplay, I'd have had Mother genetically engineer an improved version of humanity, Daughter being the first.

Frankly, my take on it was simply "you thought you were special because you had made it this far? Well though shit, you are just a pointless bag of flesh that had managed to be lucky. you luck end now, fucker", but in a more fancy way.

She want to breed them like dog.

That's stupid. She's a superintelligent AI.

speaking of dogs, what happened to the survivor lady's pooch?

Attached: IMG_3826.png (657x527, 27K)

Killed by Robot. can't let her daughter know she killed the old lady. If the dog where to come to the base, the daughter would look into it.

That might be her end goal, breeding desirable traits into humanity. That is, after all, genetic engineering, just on a slower scale. Genetic engineering is hard and has a high failure rate, not to mention you'd have to know exactly how the entire human genome works and such to even be sure you'd get the results you want. For an immortal genius loci, controlling breeding is far easier than doing the tinkering yourself.

>Genetic engineering is hard
For you. She's a smart supercomputer.

I enjoyed, however, to be honest, I think there were pacing issues. I wasn't fully engaged, even though it was quite good, which is strange. Half-way through I paused and watched youtube for a bit. I did the same thing a quarter way through again. I have no complaints about the film, but I think there is an issue if a person pauses a movie to go do something else.

This was exactly my thought. The outsider woman must have been a clone like daughter and all the other females. In the scene where daughter looks at the previous failed humans, they all look identical to her. I believe all the embryos must be genetically engineered.

I believe that was the one of the core themes. You can create a perfect human, but that doesn't mean they will grow up to be perfect. You need to raise them correctly as well, which took mother a few tries.

I think Mother realised her limitations as a machine and needed humans to evolve and progress. The whole set-up was to create a situation where humans would kick-start themselves again with a healthy dose of respect, fear and stress.

It's hinted in the film that humans destroyed the planet (probably through climate change and pollution) and that mother has been slowly regenerating the environment.

Overall, the film had great content, acting, style and aesthetic. There were some issues with pacing, but it was thought provoking enough for me to want to talk about it after. Worth the time investment.

Attached: 1558957934630.png (230x202, 60K)

shit ending

She, as an inferior human pre eugenics, has served her purpose and now it had to be eliminated, like the rest of humanity.
the robot say this before killing her

This is the correct interpretation

But there's a flaw in Mothers ideology
What if Tyrone fails the personality test, like the girls before the succesfull daughter did, will Robot Mommy kill Tyrone and make another kid?

She selected her daughter to be the perfect raiser.

Yeah, but that doesnt mean 100% success rate
After a few generations, Mother will have to wipe humanity again

Bump

S H I T

Attached: mother.png (546x523, 301K)

what?

What?

Did anyone else find it weird that we're at a point when a young teenager gets the sci-fi/horror dirty-revealing-top treatment?

?
Teenagers in horror stories is basically a trope.