Why no one like my movie

Why no one like my movie

Attached: 9F72A376-BEE6-4C68-91D0-C7A17290FC1A.jpg (750x745, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pjKDxWhPJqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because visual effects aren't enough to drive an entire movie without at least some decent acting and a coherent story. Thats why 2014 is better :^)

FUCKING NORMALFAGS
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MONSTER ISLAND

Attached: 1537233833875.jpg (952x771, 70K)

>2014
>not Shin

Attached: 1552877242757.jpg (298x300, 23K)

Shin Godzilla was a 10/10 movie.

Attached: MPW-121058.jpg (500x841, 35K)

So Emma was right or what? Wasn't the Earth supposed to die within 70 years? Did anything change about human behavior?

Attached: 1559887563635.jpg (1200x1200, 174K)

people might warm up to it when the dvd is out and you can watch it slower or skip through the human parts

I watched it last night.
Really enjoyed it Mr Zilla.

Nobody goes to a Godzilla movie expecting good acting. If anything, the human story got in the way.

King of the Monsters is more kino than anything the MCU will ever shit out, change my mind

More like an 8/10. Godzilla's scenes were cool, and this iteration making him transform in different phases was also cool.
But the human scenes were an awful drag, and too much boardroom talk. Makes me feel like they really skimped the budget in that aspect.

Godzilla was never popular Stateside, though.

Because you're not a real godzilla you're fat american imitation meat

Because it is quite a niche genre and franchise when it comes down to it.

Attached: 1560010242282.png (960x720, 904K)

Have you even seen infinity war or endgame? My entire childhood I grew up on godzilla, I never liked marvel except for the sam raimi spiderman movies but I still begrudgingly dragged my ass to the theater to go see endgame and I thought it was lightyears better than godzilla king of monsters.

Saraba, tomo yo....

youtube.com/watch?v=pjKDxWhPJqU

Attached: Goodbye....Old Friend.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>it's not supposed to have a good story guiseee
>i-its not supposed to have good action either!

Reminder - Godzilla 2000 got better reviews than KOTM

Attached: 2000.jpg (960x1440, 367K)

If you enjoyed the captain america and ironman group masturbation through time that was endgame there is something wrong with you and your opinion on movies is void.

Legit teared up at this scene. God damn.

im going so see it tonight buddy, i'm sure it's gonna be great!

It's probably more the fanbase than the movies themself, Marvel fans act like those films are gods gift to man and cannot be critized. Endgame has an 8,8 on IMDb and that's fucking stupid no matter how big a fan you are. Genuinly thought Infinity war was alright though.

The human scenes are pretty engaging if you buy that it's what the government would be doing in real life
The third act is definitely the weakest since it's the most farfetched

Most fans loved it. Personally it's one of my favorite Godzilla movies now. The critics are ridiculous and I hope for a lot internationally so this monsterverse will continue.

The third act is based. Watching drones swarm Godzilla and the skyscrapers fall on him was a good time.

infinity war was pretty damn good for capeshit but endgame was extremely disappointing. i honestly think the average MCU fan is just unable to be honest with themselves about endgame due to the time, "effort", money, etc. that they put into the marvel universe. it really was extremely disappointing.

For a Godzilla movie it was decent. Worth a matinee if you're bored.

Attached: 1301086820603.jpg (623x700, 95K)

everyone has said the action is great though.

Serizawa got his wish.
>his plan was to co-exist with monsters with Godzilla as basically guardian of earth
>Emma's plan was to reverse human industrialization and it's problems via having monsters run amok and dominate the world
>Mark's original plan was to destroy all monsters

Attached: 1559584422109.jpg (828x941, 87K)

Why are you lying on the internet? It's the second worst action movie Legendary has done. Only above Pacific Rim Uprising.

Get better taste, pleb.

It has incredible action and a decent story though

But Emma's plan doesn't play out. Godzilla keeps the other monsters away from human civilization according to the end credits. What changed?

Serizawa's death hit me hard in the feels

Shin was eons better. I’d rather watch Japanese politicians talk than see some stupid ass family drama like in the new movie. I also like how that godzilla was an actual monster in that film by the way he showed animalistic traits instead of having some cringy relationship with other creatures.

i'm not lying, everything i've read said the action is good, it just fails when it comes to the human parts.

Right. Shin deserves lower. It's just an okay movie.
Her plan got fucked by Ghidorah's call.

he got his wish when he killed himself, dude had some weird obsession with godzilla and got to sacrifice himself for it

>Her plan got fucked by Ghidorah's call.
What did Ghidorah's call change? She was okay with the monsters destroying civilization and killing untold billions.

>muh human scenes were a drag

Kys zoomer.

The government scenes during Godzilla’s first landing are dull, but that’s the point in retrospect.

You waited too long. I was ready for a sequel in 2015.

Lol, I said it's a good movie but anyone who claims it's a 10/10 is lying.
The only Godzilla film that's truly perfect is the original.

The perfect Godzilla movie would be too autistic for general audiences.

She said it blatantly - everyone followed the new alpha's (Ghidorah) lead and instead of trying to resettle the earth they explicitly went out to destroy it.

Her plan was to do several monster releases so it fucks up human civilization and monsters become the dominant species on Earth instead of humans. They grow new life with their sheer presence so it'd be better. However Ghidorah isn't over this earth and is a rival alpha so tries to change earth, absolutely destroying it. And summons tons of monsters at once to join in.
>Emma wants to wreck human civilization so they have to adapt around monsters
>Ghidorah causes destruction for its own sake

Attached: 9483sk0h0d231.png (1365x563, 900K)

here comes the shinautist
no one cares about edgy xenomorph zilla.
>but muh social allegory to fukushima
that doesn't make it a good movie

>I’d rather watch Japanese politicians talk
cringe

Ghidorah isn't a part of the natural order of Earth. He's an apex predator that's an invasive species. That's why her plan was fucking stupid, because she assumed all these monsters WERE from Earth and would do exactly what she predicted.

>.........

Attached: 1559377163844.jpg (398x398, 33K)

>Godzilla 2014
>OMG NOBODY CARES ABOUT HUMANS, MOAR MONSTERS, FUCKIN NORMIEBOOK CELEBRITY SHIT

>King of the Monsters
>OMG FUCKING NO STORY, WHERE'S THE DRAMA AND THE ACTING, TOO MUCH SPECIAL EFFECTS, 2014 WAS KINO

Never change, you contrarian blowhards.

Did Mothra use her God Rays in the movie at all? I only remember seeing her spit silk, but heard people talking about it.

>too much boardroom talk
you missed the entire point of the movie Bayfag

the criticism of 2019 isn't the story its that the small amount of human scenes are unbearably bad compared to 2014

>Her plan was to do several monster releases so it fucks up human civilization and monsters become the dominant species on Earth instead of humans.
How? Monarch had already caught onto them by the second release and they barely got away with that one. And what was the difference between the monsters laying waste to civilization on their own volition and following Ghidorah's orders. The same thing was getting accomplished no matter what. Just a little faster in one case.

Except politicians talking is much of Shin Godzilla and the family drama takes a backseat to the monarch storyline and monster drama.
Seriously, the human scenes are the majority of Shin Godzilla are they are just okay.
>our government's bureaucracy is convoluted to the point of being inept
>So much so we get dragged into nuking ourselves
>we should revive our heroic spirit!
>by the way humans are the real monsters

The red tape is funny at first but it drags and drags quickly. You can see this idea done tremendously better in something like Dr. Strangelove. And what's the point of the U.S. liaison? No one gives a fuck that she wants to be president one day. And her accent isn't passable at all. Even the computer girl has embarrassing lines that try to pass as meaningful.

I appreciate Anno making Godzilla a disaster movie again like the original but this is just okay. The best parts were Godzilla's fire and the skyscrapers falling on him.

Attached: alk1lno3h4231.jpg (621x960, 75K)

Because Godzilla is a shit
Hopefully King Kong kicks his ass hard.

>unbearably bad
>worse than 2014
2014 was tremendously boring and generic. The human scenes in 2019 are okay. The hatred for them I don't get. It's like those people complaining about quips all the time when there are three jokes in the whole movie.

Attached: 1559457487500.jpg (576x432, 49K)

Really, there should have been more scenes of the aftermath of Godzilla's path of destruction, showing just how bad all the government feet dragging was.

>You can see this idea done tremendously better in something like Dr. Strangelove.
They're both the same thing. Except one doesn't have 20 minutes of monster action. Why doesn't Strangelove drag in your eyes?

You haven't even seen Dr Strangelove, you just saw an user say that in another thread. The political talk is part of the whole movie, to say it "drags" or doesn't belong is to miss one of the biggest themes and purposes of the movie. It's like saying there's too many cars in a Transformers movie and they should just be in humanoid form fighting each other.

Besides, the talks were well-paced and oftentimes humorous. The US liason was obviously eye-candy.

Seriously, it's a 9/10 at the least.

Attached: DtP3SUwX4AAtg_F.jpg (1200x675, 57K)

>back lasers
>10/10

Attached: 274.jpg (600x600, 34K)

>back lasers
>not 10/10

Attached: disdain-for-plebs-24539401.png (500x600, 156K)

You've made dozens of dozens of the same fucking threads. I even liked Godzilla alot and still do and I say shut the fuck up you shill. That's right I said it. Your general is filled with people the type paragraphs and paragraphs that could never see that it's meh. Reminds of the alita general.

The whole first part of the monarch storyline in the movie was figuring out where they were going to use the Orca next. They predicted right the first time in Antarctica but they lost their location following Ghidorah's release. Remember that whole section about her bouncing the signal off satellites?
>same thing was getting accomplished
Not really. There was destruction either way, yes, but her plan entailed all the monsters just living normally and reclaiming the world with humans just adapting around it. Remember jn Godzilla 2014 the MUTOs just wanted to make babies. We see in this movie that their preaence led to tremendous growth of new life in those cities. However Ghidorah's call led them to destroy the world instead.

Attached: 1559700152690.jpg (566x800, 235K)

she wanted to release them one by one, slowly
Ghidorah woke them all up at once.

>Walk out of the theatre
>All my bros and I are talking about how cool it was
>Other people walking out are all excited and smiling and shit
It was fucking awesome, definitely worth a see

would be a 10/10 movie if
>form 2/3 didn't look stupid
>the boring scenes in the beginning talking about a literally who scientists butthurt about his wife dying to radiation, were removed
>back lasers looking even more goofy than terrifying
>low effort OST
>cringey Rei copy paste character
>Engrish character
>stiff movement thats somehow worse than the person in the suit Godzilla movement

Absolutely. And better dialogue overall would have helped.
Because Dr. Strangelove has great dialogue and good pacing.
Motherfucker I was the user in the other thread. I explicitly told you what the movie was about in the greentext of the post you're responding to so I didn't miss anything. I am telling you they didn't do it well. It's just an okay movie.

>The point of this character was the actress being pretty
Oh fuck off.

Stop using a trip incorrectly please

To add, it's 7/10

>2/3 of the movie is shitty political satire of the japanese bureaucracy
Nah.

I always pay for WB.

I alywas bootleg Disney.

Attached: A True Woman.jpg (1115x697, 49K)

Kaiju fans go to a Godzilla movies for le fights
normies still expect something resembling a movie

You missed the point of the movie though, it's not that they were inept, it's that they were dealing with a giant fucking radioactive monster. In what way were the humans shown to be the real monster?
>movies can't have eye candy, even though the entirety of Hollywood is based around them.
Nah, you fuck off. If you want more substance, she was there to juxtapose the serious Japanese nature with the non-chalant and ostentatious US attitude.

Go watch Pacific Rim 2.

>people actually pretend they didn't get that with KotM

Attached: 1559277628246.jpg (1080x858, 67K)

>Remember that whole section about her bouncing the signal off satellites?
Yeah. She wasn't going to be able to keep up her one by one unleash a monster scheme for long.

Maddie and Serizawa explicitly point out how the death toll would be enormous. In order for how plan to work there would have be enough monsters loose and a massive blow to civilization (wiping out whole cities). It's obvious she understood this because she was warning people to take refuge in shelters. Under Ghidorah's control the monsters were doing the same thing- destroying cities. Emma and her family subplot should have been axed in favor of Charles Dance be willing to wipe out humanity. That way there's a battle of wills against him and Ken Watanabe.

I can find both movies garbage.

>Because Dr. Strangelove has great dialogue and good pacing.
There was nothing wrong with the dialogue in Shin Godzilla aside from a few poor English lines and the political process was fascinating.

Is this why every japanese Godzilla movie is 80% humans?

>satire of the japanese bureaucracy
but thats the greatest part about it and it actually makes me wonder how a government today would take care of something like this. and then i wanted to play sim city.

WHY ENDGAME NOT BEAT AVATAR

Lol, kek, lmfao...ten years of hard work, and here we are...

back to Yea Forums with you

Can someone explain to me what the deal with that last scene in Shin Godzilla was?
Was it implying that Godzilla was a person at some point or that he was growing stronger by absorbing all the people he killed in his rampage or what?

>being this tasteless

Attached: shin_gojira_cutie.jpg (1600x1067, 245K)

The drama would have been better with both kids gone

>thinks godzilla is the only thing powerful enough to keep other monsters in check
>turns out to be right
>weird obsession

fucking brainlets leave

Attached: 1558332965735.gif (400x324, 146K)

>You missed the point of the movie though, it's not that they were inept, it's that they were dealing with a giant fucking radioactive monster.

That is the entire point of the constant boardroom scenes. The bureaucracy is convoluted to the point of being able to do nothing. I think you're missing the entire point of the human drama in Shin Godzilla.
>movies can't have eye candy, even though the entirety of Hollywood is based around them.
I never said they couldn't. Im saying that a character existing just so a pretty actress can be in there is ridiculously bad. Especially if you do nothing with it. The whole point can't be just to be eye candy. Even Candy in Twin Peaks season 3 had a role and character alongside being a beautiful woman.

>If you want more substance, she was there to juxtapose the serious Japanese nature with the non-chalant and ostentatious US attitude.
Why? And wouldn't her later sympathy for Japan against the nonchalant attitude in which the American government acts later in the movie betray her character then?
Going to have to disagree. The embarrassing computer girl dialogue was the worst offender but the dialogue came off bland for me, or generic whenever that US liaison came on screen.

Attached: 1559264376499.jpg (720x582, 46K)

8/10. The entire character of Patterson or whatever the fuck her name is was a fucking joke and legitimately ruined half the movie.

I want to FUCK Godzilla

Endgame succ
Infinity War good

Please stop using a trip incorrectly

Whatever, your opinion is dildos.
Shin Godzilla = 10/10 kino

Shin was a good movie but a bad Godzilla movie
Should've been an original creation and a new kaiju instead of being part of the Godzilla franchise

I agree with everything you said. She was expecting good to come from monsters reclaiming the earth but Ghidorah ruined it. Either way there would be drastic damage. It would have been better if Emma were slain and the orca taken rather than her causing drama herself.

>Charles Dance be willing to wipe out humanity

He would finally get to be a Bond villain with dialogue

>bad Godzilla movie
It was the first time Godzilla was a disaster movie since the original if I remember right.

Hahaha no. Your shit is trash and flopped for multiple reasons. Can't even beat Ant Man.

She was fucking atrocious, almost ruined the damn movie. Should've been replaced with literally any flavor of grumpy American male and the movie would've improved about twenty fucking times.

Shin Godzilla bad
Let Anno make some totally insane shit instead of being wedded to the concept of Godzilla at all, my dude.

He was transforming into a race of humanoids because humanity is the most powerful form of destructive being.

>annofags
Every single time. Fuck off back to Yea Forums, tourist.

no, and i refuse to!!

>The embarrassing computer girl dialogue was the worst offender
She says nothing embarrassing. 99% of her dialogue is straightforward data information. The closest thing that gets to "embarrassing" is: Man is more frightening than Godzilla.

>user wants reasons why marvel movies could ever be a better movie than KotM
>you jump immediately to money made
Disney, stop posting

Attached: 1559278190603.jpg (1024x1024, 215K)

I loved it

>She was fucking atrocious, almost ruined the damn movie.
She wasn't remotely that bad. The only offensive thing about her character was her English and she has like four English lines in a 2 hour movie.

Tell us more about your dream to become president, user

The English was fine, though. It was everything else. Americans won't EVER elect some fucking hapa woman president, so that entire jokey subplot was laughable, absolutely fucking comical.

I at least liked how at the end of shin it’s revealed that godzilla was growing some type of human monster hybrid on his back. I thought it was totally unexpected and nothing like previous Godzilla movies we’ve seen, it added a type of horror element to him and made him seem like an actual monster to be feared like in the first film. He almost didn’t seem like Godzilla at all, like a new monster which was refreshing for a change.

godzilla 85 no?

You do realize that was necessary so that she would have something to lose? If Yaguchi's plan went wrong that would be a permanent and devastating stain on her otherwise exemplary career.

Reminder that Anno believes Japan needs to return to its Imperial roots and reject all Western values.

>Americans won't EVER elect some fucking hapa woman president
Not liking mommy Gabbard? Cringe.

Attached: 1_ekOZHudl-P_-VKn2ZvNDCA.jpg (1200x1200, 296K)

Who gives a fuck about her though?

how should i get into godzilla movies? i havent seen a single one

Unironically based Shinautist

This. Stop making these threads filled with long-winded faggots.

2014, 2016, then KoTM.

Fuck off Assadfag

I liked your movie Mr. Gojira. Top 10 Godzilla movies for me.

With the good one, the original.

Haha, how do you do fellow non Marvel Godzilla fans

I enjoyed it

It depends. What do you want out of your movies? I'm being genuine, there is alot of range in tone and style in the movies.

Stop making these threads

She is one of the main characters. Yaguchi and Akasaka get a similar amount of development. They all have something to lose or gain.

Because they kept cutting back to Milly Bobbie brown in the middle of the finale.

If you unironically care about any human characters in Godzilla abd would actually type multiple posts about them then you deserve to be hung in front of your parents. As bad the /alita/ faggots.

mainly cinematography and atmosphere and originality, i really like german silent horror (murnau, wiene etc) and some of the universal classic monster movies. dont really care for intentionally funny things or parodies. i dont know what else to expect from godzilla lol, i mean if there are some with a bit more complex stories that would be great.

They actually ruined the movie.

Alot of the best movies contain alot of humor, mostly intentional but some carry accidental. If oyu like the old Universal Monster Movies I definitely recommend the original Gojira from 1954. Probably Mothra vs Godzilla from 1964, not the 1992 version. Godzilla 1984 and Godzilla vs Biollante have strong stories too. I'll probably finish off the list with GMK (shortened from Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack)

And then I'd go see Godzilla 2014, Kong Skull Island and King of the Monsters.

Motherfucker, if Americans wont' elect a cracker woman they sure as shit won't elect some colored fucking mudblood woman.

Gay

In the honorable mentions, I'll put the original Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla and the direct sequel, Terror of Mechagodzilla. The other two Millenium Mechagodzilla movies (Godzilla Against/X Mechagodzilla and Godzilla Tokyo SOS) have pretty good cinematography. Godzilla vs Destoroyah does as well, some particularly striking and beautiful shots, but that movie is pretty plot tight and you should probably see the other Heisei era movies (Godzilla 1984, vs Biollante, vs King Ghidorah, vs Mothra, vs Mechagodzilla II, vs Space Godzilla and then end with vs Destoroyah)
I recommended King of the Monsters because it has beautiful cinematography and has alot of shots reminiscent of Universal Monster Movies

Okay, but then...just make him a new monster that's refreshing for a change, user. Then he never has to even resemble Godzilla a little. It can all just be unexpected and insane shit.

big cutie eyes are not suited for godzilla. He's supposed to be scary. Fix your make up and come back

shin remains the ultimate pleb filter

>Made less in it's second Friday than Lego Movie 2
How did it fail so badly?

ok thanks

Have any SJWs or movie critics complained about this? It seems like the kinda thing that would get them upset. Japanese man obsessed with Godzilla.

It's normal to be obsessed with Godzilla
The real problem you could lodge on that front would be complaining about Mothra getting fucking killed since that's a cliche, even if it's eroded somewhat by precedent in the franchise.

>"a...audiences love it!"
It has a 70% second weekend drop. One of the worst ever. Imagine if another popular movie was out.

A mix of critics irrationally shaming it and the failure of the last movie.
Somehow we've generated people who suddenly like the 2014 Godzilla and call it a better movie than this.

Attached: u9dyjasoyg131.jpg (500x453, 43K)

How's it doing internationally?

>The English was fine, though.

It really wasn’t though. It was a cute attempt, but not great. I really think she got the job just because Anno thought she was cute.

Gojira, Godzilla: King of the Monsters (1956), Godzilla 1985, Godzilla (2014), Shin Godzilla, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

have fun

$130 million as of yesterday. It's doing fine in China. But Aladdin might kill it in Japan this weekend. Aladdin is expected to be huge in Japan.

>Aladdin is expected to be huge in Japan
Weird. And I'm not doubting you. That's just, well weird.

>It's doing fine in China.
And only China

Japan loves Disney. Frozen is one of the highest grossing films in the Japanese market ever and Beauty and the Beast made a killing there a few years back as well.

Japan confirmed shit taste

Attached: 1530403338646.png (750x612, 154K)

BASED

JET JAGAH
JET JAGAH

Attached: hemotherneverreallylovehim.jpg (1080x392, 20K)

I just got finished watching the film a few minutes ago. Why are YOU lying on the internet, mouse shill

Watch the movie and see if the action actually sucks. The action is great. Anyone saying otherwise either hasnt watched it or theyre being purposefully deceptive

I litterally fell asleep watching this movie

cuz Godzilla and friends are all Yankees fans. Why y'all bitches gotta fuck with Fenway?

Attached: Yankees.jpg (300x300, 12K)

it was awesome, critics are the pinnacle of shit taste

Attached: mothra ugly.jpg (537x810, 59K)

I went in expecting something bad, but it was just barely a hair better than the second pacific rim.

>critics are the pinnacle of shit taste
Are you still in denial? Audiences rejected Godzilla, too. There's no sugarcoating its terrible commercial performance right now.

Yes because popularity equals quality and not just profitability.

It's ok giant lizard-kun.

i have watched only a dozen godzilla films but the curious thing is that the first is the spookiest.
also the first is really a disaster movie; from this point of view shin godzilla is the most similar among the ones i've seen

Attached: gojira-3.jpg (1200x872, 130K)

user, it's worse than Batman v Superman territory at this point. It would hold better if people outside of the Godzilla fandom were satisfied.

White people just can't appreciate cinema. They need to be eradicated.

why did it turn out this way

Attached: Screenshot_20190608-165923.png (1080x1920, 176K)

AUDIENCES ARE PLEBS, CRITICS ARE FAGGOTS

MOVIE WAS MASSIVE AND BASED

Attached: fire-godzilla2-1.jpg (1200x600, 83K)

It's... just a bad film... some godzilla fan is going to lose his mind from the shitposting and create a Godzilla KoTM General, it'll be another Alita mark my words.

Attached: (1968) Destroy All Monsters.mp4_snapshot_00.20.56_[2018.12.02_19.30.43].jpg (1920x792, 93K)

I don't care for Godzilla, and I thought it wasn't all that bad for a monster film. I don't know what you lot expect from a film about two big things hounding on one another, is it autism?

I had to pass on your movie because of the God awful casting they chose. I'm not even gonna watch it on 4k when it comes out.

i dont blame you. the family drama subplot was god awful.

I like seeing you assholes kick each others' asses. Sometimes it takes a dumbass person to get you all together, looking at you Farmiga.

>Most fans loved it.
Nope, you western casual scum.

>too much boardroom talk.
that's the whole point of the movie..............

>Watch the movie and see if the action actually sucks. The action is great.
If by action you mean shaky cam Michael Bay-esque garbage, okay. Maybe it's time to admit this kind of action movie style is no longer popular.

Also had the best and most creepy roar

IW maybe, no way Endgame was better.
KOTM had a way if inspiring awe with its visual presentation
Nothing MCU has done since maybe the first shot of the helicarrier matches it

Fuck you smoking, it's at 85%
Was at 91%

Are you familiar with selection bias?