HBO presents

>HBO presents...

Attached: 9780439253239-uk.jpg (338x500, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/smkp6nxhqKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pretty ballsy of the author to let her gender be known in a YA series that isn't female-oriented. she had a lot of faith in the male portion of her potential fanbase. anyway, i remember thinking i was dreaming when my english lit class was assigned to go through this book series for the year. had the time of my life even if we never got to reach the end in time.

How did you all feel when you realized an anime of this existed?

Does anyone remember the deltora quest browser game or was that a dream

I remember I read all these but I guess they didn't really stick

Someone give me a quick rundown to see if I get some flashbacks
This was the one where there was some good kid who turned into a desert assassin like voldo from soul Calibur and could like swim in the sand? Or something?

10 year old me got bored with the first book and never finished it.

>that Japanese OP

Attached: IMG_1641.png (800x960, 1.5M)

I dunno, I started reading them when I think I was around 10 or 11, because the last two books weren't out yet. Or maybe just the last book. I might have been 12.

But at that age I didn't really give a shit about the author. Read Harry Potter, read artimis fowl books, I always thought eion colfer was a woman anyway, sabriel series

I think kids don't really care about the writer behind the books

I loved this series. I'd be down for a live action adaptation

Would make for absolutely comfy fantasy kino
> That twist at the end of each series that my puny ten year old brain never saw coming
Absolutely based

I only remember the covers, this and Redwall

Is it good?

it's pretty generic but just the fact that it exists is mind blowing

Fuck I need to reread all of Deltora Quest. I don't think any of the books were bad

Man, I used to these books. I always imainged Lief looking like Link

Seriously? Gotta watch it

youtu.be/smkp6nxhqKY

le guin published wizard of earthsea in 1968...

>Emily Rodda is now 71 years old

Attached: 1498092139240.gif (250x210, 27K)

I never read the last series
How well it ends?
Do they kill the dragons and live happily ever after?

mccaffery wrote dragonriders of pern in 1967

Every book would just be a single episode because they were each like 70 pages

>Each book the main character has to go and get a gem to put in his magical belt
>he has a wild forest girl and older fighter dude with him
>he has to get the belt with all of them gems to the dead king's heir so that the evil emperor can be defeated
>it turns out the MC was the king all along{/spoiler]
There were like 3 or 4 more series after that with the characters going off on more adventures. It was pretty comfy, and I remember loving the different monsters. The illustrator who did the covers came to my school and taught us how to draw once. Apparently the author wanted to write a series similar to video games like Final Fantasy to get more kids reading, which worked I guess.

Rowan of Rin was also good

Attached: 9B36EB1F-6DE3-4ED5-9DB4-78E5D96C4EAB.jpg (338x499, 45K)

they find the last remaining dragon from each of the 7 tribes and use them to kill the "Four Sisters", who are creations of the Shadow Lord who hide at the northern/southern/eastern/westernmost extremities of Deltora respecitvely. They then realize that the lines they draw across a map from all 4 locations intersect over the City of Rats, so they fly there with their 7 dragons and fight this huge grey boil thing that spreads a sludge that kills everything it touches. After that Barda gets his Amazonian waifu and has fuck tons of kids, Lief and Jasmine marry and have some kids, and everyone lives happily ever after.

I think he came to my school when I was in 5th grade, but I honestly can't remember

fucking based barda

Niice

hbo pls

Attached: eragon.jpg (800x1163, 362K)

>tfw you'll never be blood-bound to a qt mummy dragon

Attached: 1555111822415.jpg (436x536, 51K)

Have sex, little one

Attached: 1553146903705.png (249x220, 71K)

60s were more open minded than today

>when you ask mommy to order the newest deltora quest book off of the scholastic flyer the school gave out

Attached: 1555613305544.jpg (1057x605, 98K)

>mfw I collected most of the boxcar children books but never read a single one

This is the best fantasy series out there, wholesome, comfy and fun
Rodda showed fallout of winning a war in a fucking YA book series (and she actually finished her books unlike certain fatasses)

Yes, yes, well done, Deltora Quest, well done...

HOWEVER!

Attached: thefall.png (1411x1882, 2.48M)

This, but it's because I'd read the Hobbit and could already notice the drop in writing quality. Read LotR for the first time shortly after.

Fuck this awakened some forgotten memories from deep in my brain

oh yeah, i remember being heavily engaged with it. i ended up having to give it up because i couldn't figure out the answer to a certain riddle and there was no find to find a walkthrough of it. i also remember being spooked by that maze where a wrong turn would have that giant blue slug pop onto the screen. it wasn't even a jumpscare and i don't remember there being an audio cue but it still filled me with dread to see it come up

it was that and calvin & hobbes. i still can't remember what it is about C&H that lured me into buying it without checking reviews or just borrowing it from a library first. it was an impulsive buy and it somehow turned out perfect for me. and i wasn't even a comics fan either, couldn't really get into the humor of peanuts or garfield

>fallout of winning a war in a fucking YA book series
What the fuck is it with female writers giving accurate portrayals of war aftermaths in YA books and getting away with it? I'm not complaining, I just find the lack of censorship amazing. KA Applegate did this too with Animorphs. I was left in an emotional ruin
>So, you don’t like the way our little fictional war came out? You don’t like Rachel dead and Tobias shattered and Jake guilt-ridden? You don’t like that one war simply led to another? Fine. Pretty soon you’ll all be of voting age, and of draft age. So when someone proposes a war, remember that even the most necessary wars, even the rare wars where the lines of good and evil are clear and clean, end with a lot of people dead, a lot of people crippled, and a lot of orphans, widows and grieving parents.

Attached: 1515887451086.jpg (750x720, 35K)

I was gifted the second book in the last series by a teacher in elementary school, Shadowgate,
which kind of goes to show how poor of a reader I was at the time as it was 2005 and I would've been eleven and didn't read it for several months to a year after receiving it as I didn't read that often. Then I finished the Dragons of Deltora Series and the rest
fuck me I wonder if I was like 13-14 finishing those books because I went back like two years ago and was shocked at how low the reading level is

>when my bitch ass cunt sister wouldn't let me buy 2 books at once when I knew I'd read both
fuck OFF bitch there's kids that literally get handed piles of bullshit all the time let me have a couple books FUCK I'M STILL MAD ARRGH

Attached: 1547866026901s.jpg (240x250, 6K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 9780590108423_mres.jpg (800x1163, 150K)

are tones

Attached: tonyabbott1-960x540.jpg (960x540, 40K)

based tones

this might literally be the first book cover i've ever seen where a bug alongside humans is featured as an ally. i'm curious now

Garth Nix is a great YA author and Shade's Children or Ragwitch would be great adapted to TV/film.

This series is responsible for my interest in fantasy and writing. I loved these books when i was young and blazed through them. The one with the city of rats and the one with the see no evil mice or whatever and the giant snake were so cool.

>HBO presents...
>six seasons long
>BASED FUCKING STURM SINGLE HANDEDLY TAKING DOWN A DRAGON
>sweaty Kitalia thighs and feet for Tanis
>based Silvanesti elves
>FUCKING TASSLEHOFF
>A raistlin performance to skyrocket a young man into acting because he's so fucking good
>time skip for the last two seasons.... and we have...

FUUUUUCK I forgot image....

Attached: download (1).jpg (800x600, 156K)

good point. bugs are bros.

Doesn't it exist mostly because the author's daughter liked anime?

That's wholesome.

I was a little too young for Shade's Children and would read and re-read the sex scenes with a furious little boner

Man, Sabriel was fucking great.

Attached: sabriel.jpg (700x700, 135K)

Now this deserves an adaptation. My fondness for Necromancy as more neutral than evil in fantasy mediums is based entirely on this series. Also using music along with magic. Good shit all around.

>tfw so sluggish today that i was just about to get ready to make fun of the book cover for seemingly boasting about the fact tim curry had read it before catching myself in time and realizing it's an audiobook
i'm not even inebriated so i've no excuse

Step aside, gentlemen

Attached: 9780679824251.jpg (306x450, 71K)

Still buttmad this masterpiece never got the recognition it deserves. Far better than Harry Potter, must've re-read it at least 10 times.

Attached: 334123.jpg (318x475, 109K)

that's a good one

Yes! I was trying to remember this! Our teacher used to read it to us in first grade

It's absolute trash. No joking one of the worst animated things I've seen.
I really did love these books though.

I remember these books being fucked, were they fucked?

>delet this quest
>featuring baseball bat man
>and the power glove?
yeah i've never heard of this book

based tolkienfag