Soulful original has the clouds breaking open and shining rays of light down on Simba...

>soulful original has the clouds breaking open and shining rays of light down on Simba, symbolizing his divine right as king of the jungle
>soulless remake misses the point and just has a bland, uninteresting clear morning sky
What are some examples of remakes completely missing the point compared to the original?

Attached: AEC48C94-E673-4053-A6C4-CB5B01BD39CB.png (800x600, 514K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JP5IjQEDtYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well their crappy Aladdin was a bog office plop so they probably are pooping their own pants right now about how this shit is going to drop as another big turd

Someone Remade Lionking in Unreal Engine and It Looks Amazing

technology is holding us back

DISNEY

HIRE THIS MAN

>bog office flop
uh-oh, looks like disney isn't getting the call

Attached: DZC8zHJVoAA0fWW.jpg (458x321, 34K)

>well their crappy Aladdin was a bog office plop
Will it be though? Sadly it's probably already broken even and Disney can force theatres to keep it running for months, the way that they did with mary floppins.
I mean, I really hope that it doesn't make much money, if only because it might convince disney to scrap its other live action films, but things aren't looking good right now.

>symbolizing his divine right as king of the jungle
more than just that, he's being held up for his ancestors in the sky to see.

Attached: cloud dad.jpg (818x480, 23K)

nuDisney can't have all this "divine right" stuff muddying up their film, their viewers might turn to religon instead of unequivocally rejecting it in favor of Postmodernism.

Attached: 277983082614997.png (1280x1128, 1.88M)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

SEQUEINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

the one in the right looks more realistic and the one on the left looks like a cartoon for kids

They even changed Pride Rock's appearance. That shit is iconic, why they hell would they change it?

Remember that the lion king is a ripoff of the white lion

>completely missing the point

It's literally just a cash grab. It's straight on point.

>soulful original has a mellow, soft color palette to match the easy-going musical number
>soulless remake has harsh midday sun beating down on a mostly green scene with characters that have a stiff, cautious gait, contrary to the musical number

Attached: 7163F67D-DDBE-40E7-A179-78D35A010789.jpg (1200x675, 160K)

These movies are super cheap to make.

>Budget - $183 million

Don't under-estimate how stupidly expensive modern films are, despite how cheap and shitty they look.

Soulful is a lame word to use, because it comes with too many connotations of a particular quality that doesn't apply, but I know what it's supposed to be referring to here.

Honestly I don't think there is a sufficient word for it... one might say 'life', but what if something is cold and deathly and still relevant and interesting. Vital doesn't quite work either because a work might actively use a kind of flat or empty quality to good effect.

There really isn't exactly a term that cab adequately define or explain the gamut of art that 'works'. Even 'works' is faulty in its implications. And I'm not even trying to be totally relevatist... I think there is better art and worse art, but it can't necessarily always be accounted for in the same formal or conceptual terms.

wow, these look really bad. wtf do people pay to see this shit? who the fuck thinks cgi > traditional animation?

Attached: 1559777307026.jpg (526x701, 52K)

it looks realistic so it's better :-)

I like the dog

This

>soulful original has characters with distinct looks and expressions and vibrant color schemes in every shot
>soulless remake has characters that are nearly indistinguishable from one another with no expression beyond pissed and slightly less pissed and BROWN EVERYWHERE

Attached: 236567CA-A493-4AB0-97B1-5309ABE4876B.jpg (2000x2000, 398K)

the (((producers))) of course.

Attached: 4f7aabc07f163449b4a726a4cc1c1f8ab92ed21abc4eb3f17c76978d897d5509.png (500x500, 5K)

All that terrible CGI cost a lot of money.

This honestly seems the dumbest fucking thing I've seen a studio do.

Uncanny Valley.

WHY DO THEY NEED TO USE CGI LOCATIONS AT ALL? GO TO AFRICA AND POINT THE CAMERA AT REAL SHIT.

how is it possible that you can tell good from shit cinematography from 3 pairs of still frames? jesus christ

>soulful original

Attached: sig-4056461.rgyvxv.jpg (636x891, 256K)

These movies are made because it's cheap as fuck to pay a handful of indian CGI sweatshops, shooting on location would defeat the purpose

Each shot is being done based on key frames from a story board. If the key frame doesn’t look good as a single frame, then it won’t look impressive in motion either.

The BBC once made a drama by filming a pride of lions, cutting the footage into a story and getting Sean Bean and some other actors to voice act. It was pretty interesting and I don't think I've ever seen anything like that done since.

Attached: simba_expressions.png (503x780, 229K)

>implying it's ripping off that nip shit
>implying it isn't ripping off Shakespeare
Fucking weebs make me sick

Found it
youtube.com/watch?v=JP5IjQEDtYM

>watching cartoons
>watching musicals
the absolute state of cocksucking soiboys lmfao

soul vs soulless

Old simba was pretty sexy

>posting on Yea Forums
>not having sex

How does actual documentary footage manage to look closer to the colorful and bright cartoon than the soulless CGI fuckfest?

>Matthew Broderick believed initially that he was, in fact, working on an American version of Kimba since he was familiar with the Japanese original.[111] The Lion King director Roger Allers claimed complete unfamiliarity with the show until the movie was almost completed, and did not remember it being ever mentioned during development.[112] However, Allers had previously lived in Tokyo and worked in animation there during the 1980s, when Tezuka had already become known as "Japan's Walt Disney" and a remake of Kimba was airing on prime time television.

>Animators Tom Sito and Mark Kausler, who both have story credits, have admitted to watching Kimba, and assumed many of their colleagues had too, especially if they grew up in the 1960s.

>The 1994 release of The Lion King drew a protest in Japan, where Kimba and its creator Osamu Tezuka are cultural icons. 488 Japanese cartoonists and animators, led by manga author Machiko Satonaka, signed a petition accusing Disney of plagiarism and demanding that they give due credit to Tezuka.

>bad animation is a Jewish conspiracy
Go outside, man.

The Japanese to this day insist that it's a rip off of Kimba, even in their news articles about this remake.

>"original"

Attached: Claw-66.PNG.png (476x343, 92K)

How about heart? The original Lion King looks like someone making it gave a rat's ass. The remake looks like what most movies are right now, a movie outsourced to a bunch of CGI dudes sitting on his chairs hating their jobs.

Because animation in the west is a meme. People have lived with the idea that animation=cartoons=kids. Not like the realistic CGI stuff though that’s for grown ups like me :^)

Attached: ED18772B-E85C-42E6-8E89-32E615729A7D.png (700x700, 618K)

his name was claw? lol

>bog office
CRASHING THIS MARKET

Every single live action disney remake has sucked dick.

I didn't even watched anyone of them, but I know it for a fact anyways.

Attached: come on tars.gif (500x375, 493K)

Nearly every traditionally drawn animated movie has flopped since the early 2000s. Also, iirc the lion king actually has cg elements (like the wildebeest stampede scene)

what is that? a scar?

based poop poster

Honestly would prefer if they went the "Mowgli" route so that the characters have distinct looks, personality, and actual acting even if it isn't photorealistic

>kimba
>simba

...uh.....come on guys....its just a coincidence,,,,,lol fuck me. imagine thinking nobody would notice.

>implying they could even make the clouds if they wanted

Traditional animation was killed by the kikes when they realized they could make soulless 3d garbage for half the cost and half the time. 2d is a dead artform now, because all the skilled artists are dead and there's no reason for anybody new to learn it anymore.

Well there ARE scenes that are almost shot for shot the same

Attached: Mufasa-and-Ceasar.jpg (300x270, 23K)

>lions go to lion heaven
This shit was pretty dumb even for a kids movie desu.

Is this just a shot for shot remake using realistic-looking CGI animals? If so I don't really get the point. It's like rereleasing an old video game with new graphics.

Just consume product and get excited for new product

All of these shitty live action films are just cash ins. Nobody with any self respect actually watches them.

it unironically is, andi hate weebshit

> divine right as king of the jungle
I'm glad enlightened shows like GoT demonstrates how that's all nonsense and no one has the right to rule a people against their consent, simply because they defer to providence as evidence to rule. Monarchies, traditions, cultures, they're all outdated forms of controls of the past that wants people to blindly follow their example. To hell with all of it.

>well their crappy Aladdin was a bog office plop
It's made nearly 3 times the budget already

They’ll sell tickets to negroes who think that giving their money to a jewish corporation is empowering.

>iconic
what do you think remakes are? they're not for people who've seen the old movies ffs. they keep the proven profitable story and throw out the specifics otherwise they'd just fucking re-release wouldn't they

based and originalpilled

Yeah, where would they get such a ridiculous idea with all these original character designs The Lion King has

Attached: OC donut steel.png (1024x533, 352K)

I always thought it was weird that the zebras and other lion food showed up to worship the lion. Cause fuck them they eat us

Attached: 1542629763727.jpg (900x1333, 785K)

i clapped, kekked, and cackled

Cope

disney closed there traditional animation studio back in the early 00s. everything has been cel-shaded 3D since. cgi can be tastefully integrated for impactful scenes, like the wildebeests you mentioned, or something like the intro to Ghost in the Shell. and fully cgi movies aren't awful just because they are cgi. it's just they have completely displaced traditional animation. i think the selling point for producers is a more homogeneous product and ultimate control over every detail, but consequences are that movie makers seem to be regressing in terms of basic cinematography and that when people are responsible for too much detail they tend to make things look off-puttingly fake.

animation is interesting to look at because it doesn't look like real-life but mimics it. somehow realistic cgi fails to do even that

>tfw Disney went from being my most beloved film studio to my most hated over the course of a decade
Even the fucking Minions studio is better than modern Disney, there I said it.

Attached: image.jpg (934x960, 67K)

Don't they just remake these dumpster piles to extend the copyright

I suppose the mouse would rather lose millions butchering classics than risk having people make content with their characters

Would that in any way effect Disneyland and places like?

I’m not gonna pay full fuckin price for a movie ticket and sit in a theater for 2 hours just to watch a lazily drawn cartoon that I could see at home on tv. At least with this new shit I’m amused by the visuals at what modern technology can give us.

Has anyone here even seen this shit?

>I’m amused by the visuals at what modern technology can give us
are you really impressed by special effects anymore?

No. Not even weebs watch that garbage.

I've saw most of the original 60's series if not all of it when I was a kid, there's things the Lion King absolutely knocked off, but they're very different stories for the most part

Attached: 9693681677257477823273.jpg (320x334, 17K)

>lazily drawn cartoon that I could see at home on tv

Are you fucking retarded? Feature film animation is ridiculously detailed and painstakingly done.

Yeah. Can confirm this is accurate.

Sneedba

>God doesn't approve 2019 souless remake
based god

I still can't believe they remade fucking Aladdin only a few years after Robin Williams killed himself, how can one company be so cruel and devoid of soul?

Attached: image.jpg (634x426, 55K)

Do people actually use the left hand for mice? What the fuck?

>rubs hands

>$200million before marketing
>cheap
There only so many tax breaks and loop holes the mouse can jump though.

They treated WIlliams like shit when they made the first Aladdin, why would they suddenly stop?

Man the live action creators clearly have no understanding of color theory or composition. Blur your eyes and look at the two bottom pics. So much more emotion is conveyed by the left when you lose detail.

>consent of the governed

Literal autism. The only reason why the "divine right of kings" is stupid is because it's wrong. Might makes right and real politik is the only correct view of governance. The chinks were right.

But that would require creativity

kek, why do you need to know color theory when you just click render

>realistic look
who the fuck decided that was a good idea?

nihilistic millennials who are being fast tracked to positions of power to show how diverse everyone is now.

Saw in the theaters when I was 14 and its only few i still remember from then. It was amazing and people clapped when the beginning song ended. This was back when clapping was weird and I even remember my Dad telling me he's never heard people do that either. It was a really awesome day.

I'm not watching this shit even the shots ive seen are soul crushingly awful. Fuck you Disney.

Attached: mA59xMZ5_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

long simba is long

>bog office

Attached: 1555389984909.jpg (1280x720, 262K)

>posting on Yea Forums when approaching 40
does it get any easier

why are you still here

is the YOU'RE HERE FOREVER meme true

you know that's bullshit, right? CGI is not that expensive, it probably costs around 75-100M (there's not even big names in the cast) and someone is getting a fat bonus

Attached: 3e4[1].jpg (600x926, 96K)

When you get a good job and a girl that doesn't try to kill you occasionally or doesn't look like a bused out bag its really good.
Im only here in the weekends now. It eventually truns into a part time habit like smokeing cigars but yes we are all here till the bombs drop.

>painstakingly detailed
>pic related
Sure lol

Attached: B4D3E57D-2906-44D0-852C-1D08AEED4DBA.png (800x450, 335K)

>(there's not even big names in the cast)
MMMMMMM HONEY, YOUS FORGOTTING QUEEN BEY BEY.

Filters and photography

There are a lot of big names in the cast. Most of the budget is probably paying them and advertising firms.

The two are as tonally different as you can get. One episode of Kimba follows a secret agent from the human world coming to Africa and being hunted by an assassin in a rubber suit that can disguise him as a chair, floating ball or black panther. There are some striking similarities to the characters but they could have been coincidental imo.

>how is it possible that you can tell good from shit cinematography from 3 pairs of still frames? jesus christ

Attached: image.jpg (642x648, 62K)

>mixes his words around
it look them years to make these you know, as in years per film

Full pleb: the post.

Brendan NOOOOO!

It's a musical
musicals should be colorful and fun, but this is neither

>who the fuck decided that was a good idea?
(((Bob Iger)))

When the new movie comes out I'm going to watch the original instead and then never give money to that mouse fucker ever again.

this is your aryan specimen?

I do and I'm not even left-handed

>anglo
>aryan

yeah, no.

No. Balrog in Japan, and Vega in the rest of the world.

>>Yea Forums

>animation is interesting to look at because it doesn't look like real-life but mimics it. somehow realistic cgi fails to do even that
Very well said, user

>There are a lot of big names
James E Jones is just one person

>The live action CG looks much better because it's real!
>It's for a new generation who haven't had a chance to see the original!
>The Jungle Book remake was great, so this will be too!
>The original is old, so they had to subvert expectations!

These are the responses I invariably get from people who are trying to sell me on this movie. It's hopeless-- this movie is going to make a billion dollars off of people with no inner monologue.

Attached: npc mad.jpg (324x362, 39K)

Godzilla KOTM has more expressive CG characters than this movie, and they don't even talk.

Attached: tumblr_psftqk7OuE1r6vntj_540.png (540x540, 220K)

The Lion King is a ripoff of Kimba but that does not detract from the enjoyment of the movie.

Godzilla KOTM had a director that gave a shit

>it look them years to make these you know, as in years per film
speaking of high production time and ridiculous detail, check out Redline

Perfect.

Attached: 345670356.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

mary poppins made 154 million in the first calendar month, and 17 million after that. It's not like keeping a movie in theaters prints money.

> the wise shaman
> this
Pathetic.

Attached: shutterstock-338987624.jpg (728x424, 90K)

only when I masturbate

I think this makes the point perfectly.

Attached: 1506381502688.gif (245x180, 996K)

The Lion King is better than Kimba the White Lion. Weebs and Nips will seethe but they know it's true.

Attached: 1533734649764.jpg (373x331, 16K)

quality wise, it is, but plot is copied so I dunno what to say about that

even if that's true they still marketed this shit as "all new first original story from disney" and made a big fucking deal out of it back then
it's dirty, and shows the mouse's true face
lying jews

>Disney creates anthropomorphous characters with human features so that the viewer may empathize with the characters because no human can read an animal and we just try to associate their behaviors with what humans do, we imagine dogs smiling when they can't and don't even have lips.

Attached: The cute character.jpg (1000x1297, 222K)

It's still a dick move to steal character designs and entire scenes and market it as OC donut steel
The plot is completely different though

anglos are literal aryans

>The Lion king starts
>Some nignog sings an amazing opening in his nignog language
>Then he stops and some boring woman comes in and starts singing a shitty tune

Refuted. Someone tweet this to Ben Shapiro.

>Donald Glover
>Beyonce
>Keegan Key
>Seth Rogan
>John Oliver
Even if you don’t like these people (I don’t), they are still recognizable names that get big money.

I showed this to some normies and even they understood it.

Can’t scare burgers with non-American English now, can we?

Holy shit fuck off weeb

>making an actual good thread on this shitpile of a board
I feel bad for you user

Attached: 1555175813932.jpg (1000x1000, 159K)