CHERBORING

>Nuclear Physicist
>Woman

Attached: C1C77430-E777-4ABA-B35C-26069291DC09.jpg (739x415, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/what-hbos-chernobyl-got-right-and-what-it-got-terribly-wrong
nytimes.com/2019/05/03/arts/television/review-chernobyl-hbo.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nI-Ko-d29X4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Checked

I think you might find there’s a surprising number of woman you are dumber than.

t.Roastie

I want to bend her over so hard. Even at this age you can tell she's a freak.

It did turn into the biggest nuclear disaster in history OP

Work it out.

Looks like my mom.

How many nobel prizes did your incel ass win?

have sex

How many did Ulana win?
Oh right, zero, because she didn’t exist.

Well, of course. But there are accomplished female scientist. Way more accomplished than any of the miserable incels who think they are superior because of their sex organs.

Very weak character with no flaws who just served as Lagasov's conscience.

Attached: khomyuk.png (946x864, 1.01M)

And there are more accomplished male scientists, why aren’t you sucking their dick?

Way to miss the entire point. As an amalgam of many people her character because the spirit of all of the people. The will and well being of the people is what compelled Lagasov to action.

hot

She was a very bad actress. So awful next to legasov and boris

the role is disrespectful as fuck. because of her role, the real man who found out about the problem with the full water tanks were never mentioned. some guy with the name alexander

Emily Watson has a bigger dick than you.

wow so deep I totally missed that, still boring and one dimensional though

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Well, yeah. But that doesn't mean all men are superior to women that's all collectivist logic of a nationalist, racist and a sexist. All success is individual

two divisive facts in this troubled time:
>literally all men are smarter than all women
>mass replying should be an instant ban

When exactly did we start hating women, and for what purpose? Why aren't women allowed to do anything other than cook and clean in a movie or series anymore without this board whining about it?

Attached: rs_600x600-170523170627-600.Chloe-Not-Impressed-YouTube.ms.052317.jpg (450x350, 24K)

yes, those existed in the soviet union

WHEN THEY STARTED BEING HAMFISTED INTO LITERALLY EVERYTHING
FOR NO PURPOSE OTHER THAN EYEROLLING #HERTURN FEMPOWERMENT

>>this board
EAT IT

newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/what-hbos-chernobyl-got-right-and-what-it-got-terribly-wrong
>So the creators of “Chernobyl” imagine confrontation where confrontation was unthinkable—and, in doing so, they cross the line from conjuring a fiction to creating a lie.
>The biggest fiction in this scene, though, is Khomyuk herself. Unlike other characters, she is made up—according to the closing titles, she represents dozens of scientists who helped Legasov investigate the cause of the disaster. Khomyuk appears to embody every possible Hollywood fantasy. She is a truth-knower: the first time we see her, she is already figuring out that something has gone terribly wrong, and she is grasping it terribly fast, unlike the dense men at the actual scene of the disaster, who seem to need hours to take it in. She is also a truth-seeker: she interviews dozens of people (some of them as they are dying of radiation exposure), digs up a scientific paper that has been censored, and figures out exactly what happened, minute by minute. She also gets herself arrested and then immediately seated at a meeting on the disaster, led by Gorbachev. None of this is possible, and all of it is hackneyed.

nytimes.com/2019/05/03/arts/television/review-chernobyl-hbo.html
>The biggest and most artificial contrivance of the show is the creation of a fictional character, a Belarusian scientist played by Emily Watson who takes a suspicious radiation reading in Minsk and magically, preposterously takes over the story. She’s everywhere at the same time, forcing herself onto the investigatory commission, sitting in on meetings with Gorbachev, raiding government archives, interviewing engineers in their hospital beds, single-handedly uncovering the secret history of the faulty reactor

Attached: 1559391617721.png (1019x741, 475K)

Attached: 1559962553219.png (514x496, 111K)

I disliked how she was always right and condescending to everyone.
Would have preferred to see Legasov interacting with Soviet scientists that offer him insight and remind him of the correct thing to do than another infallible strong woman character

Though maybe its just because Shcherbina and Legasov made such a perfect pair it makes her look weaker.

Attached: 8F2AFC51-07FA-4ED6-9B93-A9DCD36D5086.png (1200x675, 1.33M)

The Eastern bloc countries encouraged women to go into the STEM fields and medicine. I'm pretty sure even today the countries in Eastern Europe have the largest percentage of women and female students in those professions. There wasn't such a thing as man-working-and-wife-is-housewife thing then.

Yea Forums is slowly turning into incel central

This is true, I study at the best CS&EE uni in country and we have like around 20-30% girls.

Theres also big chunk of girls on math.
Medicine, pharmacy are heavily women dominant fields.

Hello newfags. Just off the boat from reddit I take it?

Pretty much. The Soviet bloc had very progressive gender politics.

Housewives are a religious bourgeoise bullshit

Of course she's an imaginary character.

Wow, 20-30%? That’s like, a majority right?

Some autists here from the cancer board imagine they're warriors in a culture war so they bitch about any little thing.

>slowly turning

>all success is individual
>some groups are much more successful than others

Khomyuk.... easy on the isotopes...

She has a very patronizing tone and voice, reminds me of my elementary school teachers

>i-word

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

Attached: 1559898256577.jpg (634x415, 218K)

And all of them probably smarter than you

Physics and medicine were actually two fields that Soviet had an abundance of women in, contrary to the rest of their society.

Probably. Except I don’t expect to be represented in some television series for something a bunch of women did.

>I disliked how she was always right and condescending to everyone.
the head of the mining crew was exactly that and it was great, if over the top.
his open contempt for soviet authorities was fearless, he steals legasov's cigarettes to his fucking face and then runs around literally with his cock out like 'does it make a difference?'
best bit part in the series.
"if these worked, you'd be wearing them"

Like Jews for example :)

yes, so? i like women and there's no reason one couldn't be nuclear physicist. and by looks of her shes a wonderful lady. just because your view of women are formed my instagram sluts doesn't mean all women are like that.
it seems to me that you lacked proper mom in your life when you were young lad.

Attached: 1548961676397.png (560x180, 217K)

My grandma's sister is a nuclear physicist. So fuck off.

but that's nepotism.

Tits or gtfo has existed before you were old enough to use a computer

>collectivist logic
like the idea girl's role models need to be women and we need to ruin good kino by forcing corny cliched characters into them, even when the kino is about something real aimed at grown adults like Chernobyl

funny how you have the exact same mentality as those you hate with burning fury

I don't mind her character because you need to trim the fat with these kind of stories or else you'd have a hundred characters to look at. They chose to make her a woman because why not? You people wouldn't complain if it were a man.

I first used a computer in 1989, so when did it start?

Could have fooled me with your newfag ass remark.

>ctrl-f
>marie curie
>no results found
>give broadband to the rural areas they said

what a fucking mistake

My father is a biochemist so fuck you :)

stopped watching because of this

Newfag. This website is more friendly to women now than it has ever been

the character OP is talking about is literal fiction. she never existed. he sole purpose is to be a strong woman.

>compares tits or gtfo to general hatred towards women
>calls other people newfags

I can't stand women in media who get all uppity and condescending towards men but we're supposed to root for them. Really it's little things that add up, for example this chick being such a condescending cunty woman in 1980s Russia would never fly, she'd be put in her place. I'll be honest though, I feel like this shithole has actually made me hypersensitive to shit like that. Social programming at it's finest.

Yea Forums existed before women were on the internet

>marie curie
all she did was writing down what her much smarter husband discovered

>Men invented and built everything
>HUURRRR women are as good as Men pretty much

Attached: 1534022612864.jpg (413x395, 115K)

let me guess, you live in a town with a population smaller than 20k.

the show admits she was made up to tell the story easier, why don't you get this?

She had nothing to do with the Chernobyl disaster.

She was the only made up character there

Same.

>2018, Yea Forums’s favourite insult is “incel”
>2019, Yea Forums’s favourite argument is “have sex”

I watched the first episode and thought it was okay.
Heard about Ulana and decided not to watch the second and all episodes going forward

Ionizing radiation makes her cry and her eyes get all puffy.

Her husband did all the work

hope in humanity minorly restored, thanks

I do get it, that doesn't change the fact that she is a blemish on the show itself. They also combined a bunch of male scientists who actually did all the working into a fake female character to push amodern feminist agenda.

The general hatred of women has always been here newfag, it wasn't as pronounced back in the day because roasties were so few and far between on Yea Forums and when they spoke up they got tits or gtfo'd into irrelevance or where made a mockery of. But you don't know that because you are a fucking newfag.

they asked to much, gave too little
objectively, they don't even deserve to vote
every road, every building, every electric line, railroad, everything man-made is literally man made
maternity is the only thing we can't have without them and they're turning away from it
a woman without children is just a subpar man

women are simply jealous. they had minimal cultural and scientific impact , plus they are cowardly and not heroic, so they have to invent (or demand others to invent for them) fictional characters from wonder woman to this roastie so they can feel unjustified pride

>implying men have never stolen from women's work
>who is rosalind franklin?

This place has been infested with braindead retards after 2016.

>oppress people for centuries
>lmao why did they never take part in breakthrough discoveries

Why do you keep calling me a newfag? Does it make you feel empowered or something? I've been here since the beginning and seen the evolution of this shit. No one would have complained about this character a few years ago.

>sheltered, fed, clothed, protected at all cost
>oppressed
jesus wept

>no one
nigger please

What, you mean Trumpfags who think “conservative” women like Lauren Southern are “based?”
Or normalfags who heard about Yea Forums and came here to be “cool,” and think women are “equal” to men and that “yes third wave feminism goes too far sometimes but first and second wave feminists are BASED!”
None of these account for the misogynists you’re crying about. Almost like they’ve been here longer than you, newfag redditor.

>treated as pets and cattle
>lmao why are you complaining, at least you're alive

You can't watch Chernobyl without thinking of Bonard Flump

>arguing in bad faith to own the libs
Simply ebin

And you don't belong to that group

>>lmao why are you complaining, at least you're alive
This, but unironically. The vast majority of men throughout history didn’t have that luxury.

>treated as pets and cattle
literally better than men thoughout history

>implying beatings and rape make for a good life
>implying men didn't have more liberties even in serfdom

But then when you do this it makes you look like a clown and really mocks the thing you were trying to talk about(Chernobyl).

>gets stabbed with a spear and bleeding out on some field
>>a-at least I wasn't beaten by my spouse
>dies

It's no problem she's a woman. Shows kinda need women too, it's just how the audience works. So if all the characters based on real life people are men, it makes sense for the make up character to be a woman.

The problem is that she's just a bad character. Always correct, always doing the right thing, she knows everything noone else can figure out, etc. They felt the need to "represent", and th present the few women they have as unrealistically super awesome people.

Quite ironic for this show. One of their central themes is that the zealous commies listen to their principles instead of reality, try to hide the truth and make it seem like everything is ok. Just like the commies, this show also has its "political officers" on board who tell everyone what they need to think and what they need to communicate.

Attached: l.jpg (720x400, 34K)

youtube.com/watch?v=nI-Ko-d29X4

>arguing in bad faith
excuse me?
if you bothered to open a history book once in your life, you'd know i'm not talking shit
if you bothered to go outside and open your eyes, you'd see as far as the horizon goes roads laid by men, buildings built by men, with materials extracted, crafted and shipped by men
women don't maintain the sewers beneath your feet, they don't collect your garbage, they don't maintain your electrical grid, your railroads, your cargo ships, factories, everything really, it's men
women are secondary characters and their most important, valuable imput in life is maternity.

It's been said before, the problem is that she's so condescending and cuntish. Also, you created a character, fine, but you shouldn't make said character flawless and always right. You watch Legasov in constant panic and dread because he's dealing with nuclear fucking pollution and this bitch is almost smiling in some scenes because she got to tell off the men and prove she's smarter.

>more liberties even in serfdom
kek, literally arbeit macht frei
you people are as crazy as you are ignorant

>torture for life is much better than a death that takes a few minutes to a few hours

>Shows kinda need women too
>if all the characters based on real life people are men, it makes sense for the make up character to be a woman
why? i unironically dont get it other than diversity and pandering and metoo, why do you need a female character ?

Serfdom wasn't about achieving freedom as we know it today, it was about paying debt to a ruler in return for protection.

>get to experience both joys and hardships
vs
>be a man and toil in some miserable field/factory for the vast majority of your life until your conscripted into the army, lead a shitty existence until the battle where you die a horrible death

>CHERNOBOG
>Death God
>Man

Attached: ff.jpg (768x574, 84K)

but think of the women in that pre-tinder era

Because there were women living in the USSR and they made roughly 1/2 of population?

But the group of scientists that Ulana supposedly represents was mostly men, so why does a minority play a majority?

We saw women apart from ms. Mary Sue in the show though.

You have one male and one female scientist, it's statistically not an improbable choice. Honestly don't know why do westerners even care about this stuff.

Yes but he is a man and a man is allowed to be badass and rebellious!

There was a female city planner and contractor that spent time with Legasov's team from the very beginning.

Yea Forums absolutely BTFO

For self insert purposes. It's how the human psyche works. It's the same reason why the hero has to start out as an ordinary civilian in the Hero's journey. It makes the audience feel like they have a connection with the character, and it will make them like the character more.

Stories are constructs that impress/engage people. Successful stories are the ones that engage many people. So if half the population responds well to something, it makes sense to try and weave it into your story from a business standpoint. Of course there are always exceptions, but this is the general rule of thumb.

most men throughout history were in fact alive at one point

because a woman fits the role better... if you want to establish a character that is trying to develop a more emotional connection with the audience to the people suffering in this event, you get a woman, men (and most of society) have an innate view of women as nurturing and sympathetic. this isn't some SJW propaganda, it's just cliche writing.
this place is like fucking tumblr getting triggered over every stupid thing

They stopped having sex.

>let's distort historical accuracy to make more monies because femfems can't watch a show that doesnt have femfems in it!!!!!!!!
yikes, cringe and kyspilled

Attached: 1530656231014.jpg (400x400, 27K)

>this place is like fucking tumblr getting triggered over every stupid thing
welcome to /pol/

are you retarded? do you think most people throughout history lived in 1950s-style nuclear family units where the woman stayed inside all day while the man was out being the breadwinner? that’s a completely untenable arrangement when you have to work the land to survive. everyone worked - men, women, children. and childbirth/childrearing was absolutely grueling.

read a book. and have sex

>Khomyuk is a SJW female empowerment character
>Had to be rescued from the KGB by a courageous man
What did they mean by this?

The Soviet Union eliminate sexism...and femminism, so is fine, strong women withouth rotten they brains with feminist shit

I know, they don't want to make 10/10 series anymore... *sigh*

>As an amalgam of many people her character because the spirit of all of the people
I bet none of them were also women

2007 was the beginning of the end
2013 was the year zero
Now you are living in wasteland

The world's first nuclear physicist was a woman: Currie.

>Muh sex organs
Holy shit are you seriously paraphrasing that cringe af line from the Stargate pilot that even they roasted.

Hating women us a natural consequence if knowing them.

You bet wrong, incel.

Attached: 1559641527821[1].png (1455x818, 1.18M)

>create a character to represent them all
what's she, the glory spirit? go to confession slut

>ironically she was probably HR or an accountant

"LOL I WORK IN STEM/TECH!!!"

Attached: 1552333020371.jpg (640x439, 24K)

>SMART WOMAN BAD

I haven't watched TV or movies in a decade due to all the sjw shit, did I miss anything good

>Flopitafag calling someone pathetic
LMAO

True. In fact in my experience most of the girls taking stem majors in engineering in the u.s. we're usually from former Soviet countries

tits or gtfo.

if I were jewish, I'd have won.

>women so insignificant and useless in world history events liberals literally have to invent them and retroactively insert them to satisfy the modern day false narrative that women are just as useful as men

If women were just as smart and capable liberals, you wouldn't have to try oh so hard to make them seem that way

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

Attached: anteater_nighthawks.jpg (1440x900, 437K)

b but... the patriarchy is holding me down

>worthless degree(s)
>heavily in debt
>quits job to "find herself"
>goes full "eat, pray, love"
>"I'm a yoga instructor, "7 continent club", 10000 instagram pics"
>41yo, sausage arms, and "wants kids"
>LOL, WHY AREN'T THERE MORE WOMEN CEOs?!!!

Attached: 6068.gif (160x120, 78K)

>b but... the jews are holding me down

>>worthless GED
>>lives in parent's basement
>>never had a job
>>goes full "neet"
>>"I'm a red-pilled magapede"
yo, heavily overweight, and "wants a qt gf"
>>LOL, WHY DOES HOLLYWOOD NEVER PANDER TO PEOPLE LIKE ME?!!!