Why does America have to ruin everything?

Why does America have to ruin everything?

Attached: BlackMirror.jpg (1920x872, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a7DZh74Owi0
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/76840123/#76842206
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is there still a UK version of black mirror being made?

lolno

here's your friend, /pol/

Attached: taylor too.jpg (480x255, 14K)

The whole world is contemporary southern california now, specifically upper middle class to 1% southern california.

miley is a goddess

Attached: 1540346927328.jpg (382x650, 52K)

One mandated britbong episode per season, yes. (and as always it's the better one)

Attached: black mirror smithereens.jpg (633x356, 36K)

>pisses on your porche

correct

Attached: miley-cyrus.jpg (958x1571, 99K)

>Episode 1
A gay, black, tranny promoting episode that ends with an open relationship where the wife goes out and fucks random strangers, while the husband stays home and plays video games.Open relationship bullshit
>Episode 2
Then only episode that remotely feels like old Black Mirror. Internet BAD message.

>Episode 3
Disney movie bullshit. Basically Miley Cyrus' story about her 180 in her career with brain scanning.
Happy ending bullshit.

This season was completely cucked and Americanized. No dispair, very little actual interesting tech, too woke.

Bandersnatch was a much better experience(especially if you like video games. "PAC MAN INNIT")
They most likely blew their budget on that thing, and had to settle with garbage for the remainder of the season.

Down from all. Its not like America isn't a neo-cyberpunk dystopian hellspace either, but for whatever reason american writers are incapable of portraying that aspect of our society when given the platform to do so.

Actually, why are english scriptwriters so much more in tune with the plight of the common man than American scriptwriters are? Does the english film industry just hire more people from the hoi poloi for some reason?

>tfw you're an American and you actively wish for the downfall of American popular culture

I hate every cultural product our shithole country produces. I would love it if Hollywood were firebombed and napalmed until it glowed molten red in the dark. Fuck this country, fuck our movies, fuck our popular culture. We're filth.

Attached: 1558721918051.jpg (1890x1417, 161K)

[Spoiler] im from america too bro. I made this thread because i'm ashamed of the abject toxicity of american production influence to artistic and creative merit that the trajectory of black mirror has demonstrated. What is to be done?[/spoiler]

Why do Eurofags bend over and get cucked by the US so much? Lmao

Where my britbong niggas at? Shouldnt you be waking up by now? Somebody justify this travesty, or link me to an interview where charlie brooker attempts to justify this travesty pls.

Because america is an evil empire.

reminder, Im the guy who complained the show was too British after the first season. you're welcome

Heres your you.

>British screenwriter average salary vs Hollywood screenwriter average salary
Ofc California is out of touch

European politicians fell in line for American money 4 generations ago. The system is one big postitive feedback loop.

I'm embarrassed of how long it took me to realize that was Miley Cyrus. Initially I thought it was just some shitty inexperienced actor but then I realized her voice sounded way too worn out for that.

Theres are poors in california, and the UK is notoriously elitist. Theres no reason their Eaton graduate power structure has to give any playtime to a script written from the lower class perspective should they prefer not to, but they seem to deem it necessary.

Goddess of the Dumpster.

Yeah she's a whore but like goddess of whores. Her voice in black mirror was horrifying. Sounded painful.

List of contacts fully shown on the HR lady's phone in the "Smithereens" episode:
>Abi Khan (Fifteen Million Merits)
>Alastair Crees (production secretary for this season)
>Amber Ducker (VFX producer for this episode under Framestore; also worked on a few previous episodes under Jellyfish Pictures)
>Amelia Braekke-Caroll (possibly partner/wife of the VFX supervisor for this episode Owen or first name references he music supervisor for this episode)
>Andrew Perry (???, same name as a Telegraph writer)
>Barbara Edwards (???)
>Betty Lee (???)
>Bill Bennett (???, same name as a conservative critic of Trump)
>Bing (Fifteen Million Merits)
>Blu Coulson (Hated in the Nation)
>Carlton Bloom (The National Anthem)
>Carrie (Black Museum)
>Charles Green (???, possibly references the founder and CEO of RFi Group, a UK-based business financial intelligence company or a late eceleb called "Angry Grandpa")
>Chris Howard (???, same name as a literal who music entrepreneur from London and founder of some music/tech-related collective called "The Rattle")
>Clayton Leigh (Black Museum)
>Cooper (Playtest)
>Dalida Carew (cashier for this season)
>Daly (USS Callister)
>David Cox (???, same name as the pre-Impressionist English landscape painter; first name is also found in Playtest)
>Dominic Mayer (a freelance VFX editor who worked on Striking Vipers and this episode)
>Dr Peter Dawson (Black Museum)
>Dudani (USS Callister)
>Elizabeth Coleman (???, same name as some Australian novelist, or some literal who but also Australian TV screenwriter)
>Freddie Cedrowicz (???, though last name is shared with a UK TV press photographer, or a London-born journalist)
>George Gilham (???, same name as a senior consultant for Deloitte UK)
>Greta (White Christmas)
>Hannah Critchley (VFX line producer for this episode under Framestore)
>Hannah Lewis (payroll accountant for this season)
>Hector (Shut Up and Dance)
>Iain Rannoch (White Bear)
>Imogen (???)
>Irene (???)

>Jack Woolley (a production runner for this episode, a rushes runner for Rachel, Jack, and Ashley Too)
>James Johnson (???, a common name)
>Jamie Salter (The Waldo Moment)
>Jasper Cedrowicz (???, though last name is shared with a UK TV press photographer, or a London-born journalist)
>Jennifer Campbell (???, a somewhat common name)
>Jessica Gray (???)
>Jo-Ann Evans (???)
>Joe Clark (???, same name as a location photographer)
>Joel Igeddes (references the graphics producer for this episode under Framestore)
>John Adams (???, a common name)
>John Weeks (???, same name as a Professor Emeritus at SOAS, University of London)
>Josh Harris (a production runner for Rachel, Jack, and Ashley Too, a rushes runner for this episode)
>Josie Kelly (financial controller for this season)
>Juan Gonzales (???, has a BFI page)
>Karin Parke (Hated in the Nation)
>Kelly (San Junipero)
>Kenny (Shut Up and Dance)
>Kimberley Lopez (???)
>Kitty Mcwilliams (post production co-ordinator for Striking Vipers and this episode)
>Lacie (Nosedive)
>Liam (The Entire History of You)
>Lillianne Ohl (???, has a LinkedIn profile though but requires registration to view)
>Lisa Jack[...] (???)
>Liza Carmel (production co-ordinator for this episode and the next)
>Marc Cullen (VFX co-ordinator for Striking Vipers and this episode)
>Margaret Harris (???, a somewhat common name)
>Mark Perez (???, same name as a London-based software developer)
>Martha (Be Right Back)
>Mary Alexander (???, same name as a writer and public speaker)
>Matt (White Christmas)
>Matt Turner (???, same name as some writer who has a British Film Institute page)
>Matthew Long (???, same name as a classical tenor and crooner from the UK)
>Michael Callow (The National Anthem)
>Michael Levy (???, somewhat common name among British Jews)
>Miriam Pavese (references the a compositor for this episode under Framestore)
>Nancy Kelly (???)
>Nanette (USS Callister)
>Naomi Blestow (Nosedive)
>Nate Packer (USS Callister)

>Nish (Black Museum)
>Office
>Patricia Brooks (??? or Bandersnatch)
>Paul Krist (a compositor for this episode under Framestore)
>Penelope Wu (Chief Operating Officer of Smithereen)
>Potter (White Christmas)
>Priya Cha[vda] (assistant production co-ordinator for this season)
>Rebecca M[...] (???)
>Reece Clara (a VFX editor for this episode under Framestore)
>Rich Yeoman[s] (a VFX producer for this episode)
>Richard Bryan[...] (???)

The ones with ??? are possibly friends, associates or helpers of the credited people. Or they're included in the credits in previous seasons or in screens in the social media-oriented episodes.

There is no way for episodes like 15 million merits, nosedive, white Christmas and entire history of you to be a part of the same world because the technologies were too pervasive to be simply forgotten about.

I don't know why people meme this so hard.

>Episode 2
Then only episode that remotely feels like old Black Mirror. Internet BAD message.

I dont know if its anti-internet so much as its anti-american internet. Its actually pretty interesting thematically in reference to the other two shitpile episodes. I wonder why charlie brooker is credited with all of the episodes when he clearly was working off some kind of committee led storyboard for ep 1 and 3. Does anybody know the backstory of the writers room for this show?

Black Mirror wasn't good to begin with.

They're soft continuity, like the museum ep. It's perfectly fine for canon to be lies.

It was better than the sanitized hollywood american bullshit that began in season 3.

>sanitized american bullshit
S3 was almost the most bongish season, not very good though.

Season 3 was the best season and it was American

But yeah, Season 5 sucked balls.

I'd say the third episode was the most Black Mirror, like Disney Black Mirror, but Black Mirror. Would have been a good episode if not for the sugar-sweet ending.

Episode 2 while actually well-made was more like a generic thriller with a generic message.

I didn't understand what the big deal was in episode 1. Okay, married suburban life is boring as fuck, everyone knows that. Then all I saw was two dudes cybering and being weird about it and the couple just finding each a different way to deal with their boredom.

>at a group gathering
>someone is talking about the pedo episode
>say they almost started to sympathize with the pedo but then stopped themselves because no, they are horrible people
>tfw pedo

Attached: 1407155669924s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Best episode was Black Christmas in fact its one of the best episodes of Television in the last decade, fight me

I'd say Europeans are more socially aware in general.

We are not so classist and stratified as Americans.

>no joi gf

Attached: 1559849921089.webm (1280x576, 3M)

we like to fight

Black Christmas is like 12/10. Genuinely dark and terrifying.

I also really loved San Junipero (In how dark the undertones actually were), Nosedive ( It was funny, but ina dark way and Bryce is fucking cute), Entire History of you, Hang the DJ, USS Callister, Black Museum, Be right back (That one was maximum creepy)

completely agree. wild shit

Is every BM episode as wooden and stilted as this one?

>lacking class consciousness
You sound like 'an american', aka the jews who run the media and tell us our society isnt stratified. PTA and the safdie brothers are good examples of american directors and screenwriters who are class and culture conscious. Its just bizarre how this show in particular has such a marked difference in quality between the american led and UK led productions. If anything i would wager that brooker has basically soft-sold the licensing rights for producing black mirror episodes to netflix with some kind of guarantee to contribute his own original work x% of episodes per season, and we are witnessing the stark relief between a genuine black mirror episode and the generic copy pasta that netflixes own internal production conpany are capable of.

I would really love to read a solid write-up of the dedicated in house writing team for netflix as a company that im sure they loan out or lease for use to any 'independent' tv production team to fill in the blanks of what they produce with their company subsidized work team.

and we'lll hurt you and learn you a thing or two....
i know reply to myself is gay as hell but i needed to say it. youtube.com/watch?v=a7DZh74Owi0

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Rich people segregate themselves in the US unlike no other. Makes sense since people and paparazzi are scumbags and will harass them at every turn. So they never come into contact with normal people

Nepotism is worse in the US, so people who become famous writers, directors, actors etc. never knew the struggles of the normal folk.

The british upper class is definitely more segregated culturally from their lower class. They attend different schools and get pumped down a pipeline of success to the highest offices of authority in every ministry or industry of their society. Eton is older than the United States itself by many many years ffs.

WALL
A
L
L

and fuckers break in your house. trailer blacks broke in just jealous of me. wearing god damn body armor. thank god for shotguns.

fuckers would've hurt me.

Attached: bird with gun.jpg (479x1280, 164K)

Also I'd say Europeans have more of a penchant for naturalism, while Americans love the sugar-coated reality. You can see it even in sitcoms. And in casting it's especially visible, Americans just have to put 10/10 beautiful people everywhere.

>San Junipero
>Nosedive
>Hang the DJ
>USS Callister
>Black Museum
Disgusting, get out of my sight

so crazy drug """doctor""" totally fucked coma miley right?

don't be a fuckin victim.

Nosedive was kino.

All the Netflix ones are. The original Channel 4 ones are better. It should have stayed dead.

Why? I desire arguments.

Season 3 was the best overall season imo. And season 4 was okay.

It's still worse for Americans. It's not even comparable. You have entire London-sized cities specifically for rich people in the US.

There's no official film and TV capital in the UK like the US has in Hollywood. Sure it's mainly around London but so are most things.

Your list is the ultimate adulterated amerishit list of black mirror eps.

Argument 1: your opinions are dogshit

Argument 2: suck my dick you fag

British people are all cynical assholes who've accepted the fact that the country will continue to sink further into hell forever onwards until we’re all dead. This makes them the perfect writers for a show attempting to portray a cynical perspective on the future of society, as the future of British society is most certainly a kind of suffering never before thought possible. The Catholic church thought there were nine circles of hell, and we will prove them wrong. There are ten circles of hell, and the first one is Great Britain.

Okay, I'm not American though. Far from it actually. But okay.

By the way that's still no real arguments other than "muh feelz" and "lol u fag"

>Bandersnatch
Benadryl Bandersnatch?

You mean the 10th one philistine-bro.

America is at least 6x worse for the sheer fact that we're 6 times larger. I think the problem could potentially be that charlie brooker has only a stereotyped idea of whats wrong with america and doesnt actually realize what fertile ground the source material that the current american dystopia is for a twilght zone style sci-fi show.

Look everyone it's the arguments police, everyone loves when they're in a thread

Because if they're not ruining it, someone else will. Can't have that. Leave the ruin to the experts.

Yes, but Americans are still working under the delusion that their country is a functional democracy where all of their problems are temporary, and that it isn't just a flag of convenience for multi-national mega-corporations.

we are a constitutional republic. only libtards call it a democracy

You picked the shallowest and most saccarine feel-good episodes that were clearly created by a marketing team using some deep learning machine-optimized comittee writing process.

Thank you for your canned insight mr. shillbot.

I'm not a bot, bitch

That's why it's worse. Americans are masters of deluding themselves.

They love to believe that their own system works, that capitalism works. For fuck's sake they don't even call corruption for what it is. They call it lobbying. And poor Americans are the worst. They believe that they are not poor, just not rich yet and perhaps if they are nice to the rich, they'll also be rich one day.

Yes, but people who don't realise why their lives are shit can't write about why their lives are shit.

Republic is a form of representative democracy.

I now understand why terrorists happen. I, too, want to see America burn. I would rather live under the rule of China and Russia than Americanism.
The next 9/11 I will be celebrating.

1. its a republic, and yes the distinction is important you brainlet
2. literally all people do here is complain that our governments are corrupt. Donald Trump won an election off the back of the asinine slogans of "MAGA" and "Drain The Swamp". To argue that Americans still have blind faith in our elections, let alone respect for them isn't even stupid, it's just blatant ignorance.

Bong o clock and the projection is stronger than ever. How is that brexit going? That was democratic and your lords are pretending it never happened

I also picked some others. (White Christmas is still the top episode).

I wouldn't call San Junipero a "feel-good" episode, maybe at a very shallow viewing. It's a love story, sure. But it's also about being eternally stuck in a man-made "heaven" which is a corny version of the people's youth. It's actually torture.

Nosedive was probably their best take on social media and Bryce Dallas Howard is hot in it.

USS Callister I picked because of it's parody/homage take on Star Trek and the moral ambiguity. I mean, whatever that guy did was inexcusable, it's not like his co-workers treated him well, but he was an angry psycho. Still, he dies stuck in a VR at the end.

>it's actually torture.

You mean for the one guy who loves our protagonist but isnt our protagonist's love interest? San junerpino is the quintessential feel good black mirror episode. It actually portrays eternal requiem in a digital fantasy as the ultimate chatharsis for our main character. Disgust

China sounds too dystopian, also not a fan of their authoritarian capitalism, it's even worse than the regular capitalism. It doesn't even pretend anyone else but the top dogs has a chance. But ugh no Russia, never Russia. The only thing that's worse than Americans are the Russians. The country is stuck in the past, living of former glories.

The ideal would be a strong, well-armed united Europe that makes its own rules. Though China comes second, at least it's efficent and I'm not a fan of Democracy, it's not a viable system for the future. Since there will be decisions that will have to made that people will hate

>when she puts her hands on her hips

Attached: pT7aRb8T9.gif (880x880, 143K)

this episode was fucking shit though.

There are the scenes in the Quagmire. The VR is not life, it's an endless party and you will eventually get bored with that. It will lead to ultimate decadence, since you can't even die there. Sure, you can disconnect yourself and "die", but you are probably too afraid to do that. So you are eternally stuck in a place with nothing to do

they went back to the 3 episodes season format so kinda

The state of the American government's corruption demands more action than disrespect, and ultimately useless protest votes in the rigged elections. It's business as usual while the government rapes its own citizens to the benefit of faceless multi-national conglomerates. The patriot act still exists, which makes the constitution merely a set of guidelines to be ignored whenever convenient. Half of congress are traitors to their country who would spend the rest of their lives behind bars in a just society. The country is being sucked dry by parasitic organisms, and now they’re threatening to kill the host. Every day that goes by is a step towards disaster, and I feel like much more would be being done if Americans understood it. The average Joe knows next to nothing.

It was well-made and had very good acting.

But it dragged a bit and that point was so unoriginal and it was more like a common thriller than Black Mirror

I kept waiting for something interesting to happen in this episode, but it never happened. It was a massive waste of time.

If you didn't think it was better than Freaky Friday Furby Edition and Gay Niggers from Outer Space well then pic related.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (244x196, 1.11M)

Ayo holup these niggas kissing in virtual reality

Gayniggers was kino they just had really great bong actors for the bong ep though.

Really everything was against making gayniggers kino, multiple sets of the same character protagonists by multiple actors over multiple time periods. Thats just a shit proposition.

Its all true, but its true of the UK too. The whole anglosphere/5-eyes establishment in fact. If we dont free Julian Assange before he dies of prison deprivation we are truly damned as a civilization.

Gay niggers was probably the worst most inauthentic attempt at amerinigger vernacular I have ever seen.

Gay Niggers is better because it was actually unique and new.

Fucking your bro virtually isn't gay

Unique how? Its just san juniperno except instead of age its gender. Couldnt even finish that cringefest.

Anybody who prefers episdode 1 or 3 to episode 2 deserves to be lined up against a wall and shot.

It's nothing like San Junipero.

Your post states essentially that "they aren't doing enough". My entire point is that most Americans, generally, are very displeased with the matters in which that they cannot realistically control, end of story. You can go onward from there but the only reason I even posted was to point how absolutely retarded the perspective that I responded to was.
>The average Joe knows nothing.
That's a matter of perspective, really. On one hand, you can argue that the massive amounts of displeasure within the American populace is a sign of growing awareness. On the other hand, it would be rather easy to argue that on the whole, the overwhelming majority of humans in every civilization that has ever existed including today despite the internet's existence, have "known nothing".

I didn't get what the big deal was.It was #nohomo,the episode

How's it San Junipero?

It's not a big deal. It's just more interesting than the entirety of episode 2.

What was interesting about the fuckniggas fucking each other?

Raise your kids to have no fascination with media pomp and circumstance and to rather take an interest in their community, friends, and family.

When kids get the idea that everyone has a say in what they value, they end up dull, robotic pleasers with no self esteem.

the how and the why and the who and sort of the where if by where you mean context of downlow gayniggas

Explain why i should care about a (((sci-fi))) metaphor for downlow nigga cruising culture?

cause kino

That's the good stuff

So no explanation?

its art n shit, entertainment, recreation.
>Why?

Because jews.

>literally every episode has a racemixed couple
it makes it unwatchable for me

>plenty you are lost

Why would you think an anthology show like Black Mirror would be trying to push some “extended universe” bullshit? It’s clearly just Easter eggs, like the 15 million merits song that somehow finds its way into every series.

Imagine being so cucked that you’re literally unable to watch a tv show. The threat of BBC is only as real as you make it, something on your mind white boi? ;)

my blogpost about black mirror s5:
The short period of time where they were actually playing the game in the first episode is the worst presentation of tech in Black Mirror ever.
The second episode would have almost been decent if they had made the main character more interesting, as mediocre as Krokodile pretty much.
The Miley Cyrus episode legitimately felt like a slightly darker Hannah Montana episode, it's uhh fine I guess.

Also this post: archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/76840123/#76842206
#TheSystem hashtag shown on a Smithereen page is a Hang the DJ reference, "BRB Connect" from Black Museum can be seen in a differently-branded gas station, and "McEwan" reappears as a UKN journalist's last name and an utility company.

So every episode so far except Arkangel, Crocodile, Metalhead and possibly Striking Vipers is referenced in Smithereens in one way or another.

While I am at this, I found a few more references in Black Museum:
>Rolo said "Uber" and a rating in the same line; the latter may be a Nosedive reference
>two cartons of Raiman's milk are found inside a fridge in the second story
>Apparently the Nosedive protagonist's mugshot is found below Joel's
Still no Hang the DJ reference to be technically found. What about the Venn diagram symbol? What about someone saying "the system"? What about the aloholic beverage brands throughout the show?

Also foreshadowing: Rolo mentioned "celebrities" during the origin story of the electric chair torture attraction — Rachel, Jack, and Ashley Too

>USS Callister I picked because of it's parody/homage take on Star Trek and the moral ambiguity. I mean, whatever that guy did was inexcusable, it's not like his co-workers treated him well, but he was an angry psycho. Still, he dies stuck in a VR at the end.
Thanks to the main female character who is a thot.

t. That Netflix movie- I Am Mother felt more like a Black Mirror episode than Black Mirror did this series.

America is legitimaitely the great satan.
Nice trips btw.

Post pissing Miley

bump