Choose the director and the cast

Choose the director and the cast.

Attached: hyperion.jpg (326x499, 39K)

Tarantino directing.
Starring Brie Larson, Jennifer Lawrence, Idris Elba, Tom Holland, Salma Hayek, and Eli Roth.

no one cares

Director: Andrew Nicool
Cast: Unknowns only

Nicool because he did a good job with Gattaca and I think Hyperion would be a budget tier sci movie unfortunately. Probably better in television format desu.

Better option, choose the cast and director for pic related. Watts hinted that a movie deal may be in the works.

>which is awesome, except that means I won't get to direct it and have it be my 2001

Attached: echopraxia.jpg (370x553, 166K)

Consul: William Hurt
Kassad: Oded Fehr
Brawne: Michelle Rodriguez
Young Hoyt: Ben Foster
Old Hoyt: Robert Redford
Het Masteen: Tilda Swinton
Selenus: Jack Black
Sol Weintraub: Dustin Hoffman

Director: Sam Mendes

David Lynch + literally anyone, he could make it work.

Nah Lynch would just cast Sting again and make it a laughing stock

Here's your Het Masteen, bro

For real though, I'm cool with anything as long as Daniel Craig plays Consul and Denis Disonestneuve is kept as far away from the director's chair as possible.

Attached: mxr4r.jpg (840x1170, 93K)

>any vampire
Doug Jones

>get this novel recommended by multiple people throughout my life
>attempt reading multiple times throughout my life
>drop it every time after 2-3 chapters because i have no idea wtf is going on
I'm sure it's good.

A bunch of old fucks travel to some ruins and tell stories in process, how difficult is that to process?

It's an anthology of separate but not really short stories, next time try to finish a couple - it should start making sense.

>anthology
Or as I like to call it, "shit story telling"

Maisie Williams can play everyone of the Bikura.

Attached: 0fde3223674bf0e86aae1457ba2bf1028c4a77fc579b792a86cf547121c06760.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Bunch of people on their way somewhere all tell their stories of how they're connected to the destination. It's a formula it ripped off from The Canterbury Tales.
The first book is decent, but stop reading there. The second is an embarrassment, and I hear everything after that is even worse.

kek

Not sure about the characters but holy fuck nobody but Guillermo del Toro. It would be a fucking nuclear detonation if this material and this director found each other.

Shit book

Oh don't be a boob, first novel is pretty damn good.

>The Fall is bad
>probably didn't even read Endymion books
Pleb status: filtered

Attached: Bcbvv.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

More important - who should play young Enea and will there be the naked swimming scene?

Del Taco was at some point slated to direct Simmons' Drood, but it fell in development hell. Hopefully the success of Terror will give it another shot.

The 2nd book is excellent. Maybe not as good as the first, but it was exactly what the first book lacked. Endymion was kind of somewhat enjoyable, but embarrassingly bad at times. The 3rd and 4th books kind of cheapen the first 2 books.

Attached: 1381377385809.png (767x455, 370K)

is that a fucking boat sailing on grass

Could it even be done?

Attached: 41S5h6t7LPL.jpg (328x500, 28K)

This. I dropped Endymion. For me only the first two exist

Not in the (((current year)))

Is this good? Thinking about picking it up

Yes. There are flying carpets from Aladdin too.

and designated shitting planets

It's the best

This was a great series that would have been even better without all the SJW messaging.

Definitely worth it, I read it a few years ago and still find myself thinking about it.

>age backwards, losing memory every day
>travel back in time to get fucked by a pedophile
>become Space Jesus and get crucified by space jews
Aenea had a hard life

>SJW messaging

Attached: 567563454356373.png (500x500, 198K)

I clearly implied I didn't read beyond the second book, user, because the second book was shit. Even most Hyperionfags hate Endymion, your taste must be outstandingly shit.
The second book is lame as hell. Every straightforward setup that I thought was going to be subverted for something more interesting was played straight and dull. And the Keats masturbation throughout was absolutely embarrassing.
Not at all.
It's good, but be prepared to read it several times and still have many questions. People write books about those books.
If you don't like ambiguity, stay the fuck away, because BotNS is the most uncertain book I've ever read.

can i get a gist of these books? looks interesting.

>Every straightforward setup that I thought was going to be subverted for something more interesting was played straight
Hello Rian. It was indeed disappointing that Shrike didn't fall of the cliff and die randomly, that would've been a cool subversion

Attached: 544d0d20667824d8b921a29bc34fcf19cc80e498v2_hq.jpg (640x920, 37K)

>buzzwordposting
good defense, mr. notaste

The vampire shit ruins it

>implying they don't play an important role in undercutting the role of humanity while also furthering the themes of self-created masters and the reversal of traditional values on the alien and the humane
>implying it just doesn't upset you that your autism doesn't give you superpowers

Severian Gary Stu. Shadow of torturer is shit.

>has sex twice before he gets the status and wealth to marry a qt; both times he tries to pretend it wasn't rape
>only has one fight, it's with a naked alien bear and he doesn't even win outright
>is a literal schizo and a fucking idiot who wrongly assumes at every possible point
>he only "survives" his fantastic adventure because a pseudo-angel twists time and space to revive him all the many, many times his stupid ass gets killed
Severian is less of a Gary Stu than the vast majority of protagonists.

Oh sorry, he has two fights. His other fight was a duel flicking the lethally venomous barbs of a metallic plant at each other, and Severian immediately fucking loses with a barb stuck in his chest - but then wins by default when his literal guardian angel revives him on the spot, he stands back up and his terrified opponent runs away and kills thirty people flailing his deadly flower while shoving them out of the way.

It's a shit series written for girls and feebles

Edris ebola would be kassad.

Honestly the Fall of Hyperion is one of the best sf books ive read. The others were pretty shit.

Kassad is a martian Paki

Most of what makes it interesting is the language/narration and you can't have it in a television series. It would just be a bunch of weird characters meeting and then doing mundane things for the most part with unexplainable shit happening in the background.

Started reading Hyperion again yesterday, Aenea is Winteraub/scrib daughter right? I don' remember her being fucked by a pedo or getting crucified by the Shrike
>tfw the Shrike has a name almost similar to the Grinch in my language

>s other fight was a duel flicking the lethally venomous barbs of a metallic plant at each other

Imagine trying to put that to screen. It would be ridiculous.

Happens in later books.

Choose the director and cast.

Attached: red mars.jpg (1600x763, 244K)

Low IQ tales: Priest, Poet, Scholar
High IQ tales: Consul, Soldier, Detective

Fuck you I liked the Endymion cycle

When did you first realise that Hyperion Cantos is literally just Terminator in space?

>malicious AI sends an unkillable robot back in time to find and kill a child on whom depends the future of mankind
>as the story progresses, the unkillable robot becomes good and protects the child from the superior model of unkillable robot