Attached: ladda ned.jpg (183x275, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZD0Kc58zEGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They played it too safe

avoid the groid

Who was it's intended audience?

Disney sabotage.

The storyline was kind of boring, you’d expect for the first real Pokémon movie it would be in-depth in the world of Pokémon.

Also the ending was pretty dumb and idk where they are going from here.

The Pokémon looked good though

Farmer Pikachu

Attached: 1557169593115.jpg (690x581, 209K)

this

It wasn't really a pokemon movie. More like a movie with pokemon in it.
Plus it was kinda youtubey.

explain

Notthing especially good happened to make you re-watch it or to boost the word of mouth.
I've said before, if the final act was a real full length fight against Mewtwo while
>The original opening
>Some anime/game main ost
Or
>I need a hero, like the trailer showed
Played, any of those, it'd have been popular thanks to fanservice and nostalgia boost.
As a pokemon and anime fan I didn't feel all that rewarded for watching this. The Mewtwo scenes at first were a treat, he looked like the ultimate menace, but then it's just him possessed by an old man (which could still be salvaged) trying to soul-swap everyone because of some obscure reason they didn't invest time into, and there's not much of a fight its just Pikachu running around. But even that would be nice with the trailer song

Personally I skipped it because the trailers shown made it appear as though the pokemon were merely extras.
Like the story could still happen without them being in the picture.

And I was right seeing as there's only pokemon fight in the movie.

detective pikachu was always retarded. Should have just done a Pokemon story with Ash and his sexy side bitch

formely raichu

people who cannot spell
>who was it is intended audience

The plot and............ the NEGRO
Not even memeing

30 year olds who were 10 when Pokemon first got huge, who can appreciate both Pokemon in the real world and Pikachu literally acting like Deadpool.

i.e. people who are just going to torrent it

the only appeal of it was how cute pikachu is. why go to a theater when you can just look at him online for free?

I didn't hate it. It was just so goddamn uneventful. Plus they had to explain stupid shit that any pokemon fan would know just to keep non fans caught up (Durr Magikarp evolves into Gyarados). If you're going to make a film for fans, you go all out.

This, there was no reason for the lead to be an ugly mutt. Any random Japanese teenager off the street would have been better.

Cause the only two fight scenes can be recreated in Smash Ultimate...

The Pokemon are not really used to fight each other. Pikachu can't even fight until the last act. The only 'fighting' really is pokemon going crazy and then running away from them. Running away from the cubone, running away from the apom, running away from charizard, running away from greninja, running away from torterra, etc etc etc. It's so boring
There are no bad guy goons. I wanted fighting bad guy goons. Like the facility could have been guarded by bad guys.

No type relevance. All the strategy of the game is gone. Having the single pokemon and not using balls is fine, the main character just needs a few friends then, and they can still have some type relevance and maybe befriend some pokemon who aren't 'theirs' but who fight for their cause. Pikachu never gets a moment to btfo a water pokemon. The psyduck never btfos a fighting pokemon or a fire pokemon. That's so much of the depth of the series gone.

Basically they made the decision to make it all as non-violent and g rated as possible and ruin all of the action and the mechanics of fighting and the fighting and training ethos. It's basically not even a shonen.

That could have even been interesting but it largely just plays out as garbage melodrama instead. It's not a good tradeoff.

Attached: banzai.jpg (3648x2736, 3.18M)

Formerly pichu you stupid idiot

They should do a reenactment of George Orwells Animal farm but with Pokemon

I didn't watch it because of the homo sapiens 0.5

Ugly mutt protagonist
Off-putting Pokemon designs
Stupid plot(detective pikachu? Why?)

none of these things are real reasons
the writing for the main character was very poor
all of his melodrama about his family was excruciatingly boring
he wasn't a great actor either

but what he looks like doesn't matter.

the use of Pokemon in the world, the writing, again, awful, but the design was fine. It could have been good. They clearly chose a look that translated to toys and you can't blame them for that.

And the 1 paragraph version of the story was fine, as was the detective pikachu idea. I don't know anything about the game but it's inherently a funny title and idea for a story. They just executed it badly. Even the idea of a hyper powerful corporate guy who pretends to be good but wants to swap bodies with pokemon because he's dying is a good one. They just executed that badly as well.

no pokemon strip club

Correct. Would've been 4 billion if they didn't have the mutt.

i would seriously impregnate each of them

Released it in a bad time

a movie flops because people don't buy tickets. people don't buy tickets because the marketing sucks, not because of anything in the actual movie like the writing or acting

goblinos

Cause of Ryan "Box Office Poison" Reynolds

>There are no bad guy goons.
Ditto, Greninja
>I wanted fighting bad guy goons.
Ditto, Greninja
>Like the facility could have been guarded by bad guys.
Greninja. Besides, there'd be no point to actually defeating the protags at that point, because the whole plan was to let them find Mewtwo.

Ditto wasn't a goon. It was the arch villain's pokemon. So either the no 2 or an extension of the no 1 antagonist.

Greninja wasn't a goon either. It was driven 'mad' by the gas. Goons have free will and are deliberately bad guys.

Nonsense. If it was a great film it would have been reviewed positively, gotten good word of mouth, and way more people would have seen it.

> It was the arch villain's pokemon.
>Goons have free will and are deliberately bad guys.
Sounds like Ditto to me.

Why in gods name would they make a movie about Detective Pikachu instead of a real Pokemon adventure and battle movie?

>If it was a great film it would have been reviewed positively, gotten good word of mouth, and way more people would have seen it
okay, but you still shouldn't completely discredit

>pikachu has its powers
>girls psyduck is less useless
>introduce a third character with another type pokemon who is also strong or who evolves to be strong. Could be the friend from the start.
>introduce a few pokemon who fight with them for more typing

>facility is guarded by team rocket esque goons with various types who each party member takes a type advantage on and defeats

this would just be way more entertaining.
It doesn't even matter that they 'wanted to lose'. Just have them lose still. You can still just say the bad guy expected it because he believes in them.

The other thing is that the only evolution is the garados one which is just a scene transition not even a plot point.

Why? Because it had no legs for anyone who wasn't a kid in the 90's or 00's
So it missed a huge demographic that capeship movies can check a positive box for. IE appeals to boomers

I thought it was a Netflix movie until I saw it displayed at the theater. I'd enjoy a decent live action Pokemon movie, but I have zero idea what they were thinking with this.

The only good part about it were the pokemon, they looked nice and cute, the rest of it felt like a kids direct-to-video movie with paper thing plot and barely acting leads.

I'm not sure who this movie was made for, as do creators, probably.

Plus, translating pokemon into a realistic setting just makes that world feel like a constant fucking nightmare.

Attached: 025Pikachu_OS_anime_11.png (844x1254, 33K)

A goon is a low ranking member of a syndicate

The deputy / no 2 isn't a goon.
And Ditto is arguably the no 1 villain, as pokemon+partner are kind of the same.

Giovanni's Rydon isn't a goon. The innumerable ekans and muks of team rocket member #456 are goons.

Ditto was one of the cool parts of the film though, i'll give you that.

Ugly protag

They should have done just a normal pokemon adventure story and had this be a spinoff. The world and pokemon were all fucking great and that was enough for me to really enjoy the movie, but the plot was too boring for a normal moviegoer and too far from pokemon for your casual pokemon game or animu fan.

The black kid was hideous. Probably turned off a lot of people from seeing it.

Unironically, most people aren't thin-skinned racists like you. That's not the reason they didn't go.

>Plus, translating pokemon into a realistic setting just makes that world feel like a constant fucking nightmare.
So... just like the games and the anime?

Unironically not a racist but unironically that negro mexican whatever-he-was was disgusting. Nobody wants to see that for 2 hours.

If you're going to try to convince others you're not racist you should at least try to not be racist in the same sentence.

no

explain

What was racist about that post? Pointing out the guy's ugly?

>The Pokémon looked good though
I heard this a lot but I simply can't stand the designs. They look like they came from a fake pokemon trailer from 2010.
I guess they have an excuse since they had to animate a bunch of them.
Pikachu design was really good tho

Nintendo is dead, switch has no games barely a year after coming out aside from ports from a decade ago. They should just drop out of the console race already and foucs purely on handhelds.

No one wants to see niggers in movies. Tell your boss, you useless shill.

I don't think it flopped. I don't normally make it to the movie theaters. I went and saw this as opposed to watching Keanu Reeves kill a bunch of people or the usual capeshit. it was enjoyable.

why did they chose him?? even Jaden Smith had more charisma. This movie would of been so good with a macauly caulkin tier white kid.

ugly nigger skull face

You’re literally and unironically retarded.

god damn I wish I had some cocaine

It's a video game movie.
The fact that it even made >$300 million is a miracle, in my opinion.

Jigglypuff didn't do stand-up

Fund it

nigger main character. stay man niggers, no one wants to see you on the big screen

>giving a shit about pokemanz
back to /vp/, furry

not enough black people in the population. only nerdy black people watch pokemon movies

oh and the shit dark asians. still not enough people

I wasn't interested on watching it because of the uncanney valley pokemons and the nigger protagonist

the target audience can only afford 1 movie ticket per year and they already bought 2 with endgame and godzilla.

formerly /tr/

youtu.be/ZD0Kc58zEGA

people on here were saying it would do really well. wrong again retards

Was never going to happen.
No Anime/game live action movie is ever going to do good box office. Too many people just don't give a shit about it.

Yet everyone is excited for the new game

>Yet everyone is excited about the new game.
I don't think you know "everyone"

All of discord

Imagine Caulkin playing Ash after his life went down the drain and getting a shitty job at a detective office run by a smug Pikachu voiced by Danny Devito.

Nice blog faggot

Kathryn Newton is pretty sexy

That's a tiny representation of "everyone"
And i don't think you know everyone on Discord either. For one, I'm on Discord,
And i didn't even know there was a new Pokemon game. Not that I have played any of the old Pokemon games.

Did you know lego continually makes sets every year?

>not getting behind the race mixing agenda
get with the times bigots

>Most succesfull video game movie ever
>Why did it flop?

>flop
So how exactly did this flop?

>Highest-grossing video game adaptation of all time
>flop
Mouse shills c o p i n g

Pretty much yes.
I'm not the demographic for Pokemon.
Way to old and I don't care one Iota about it.
Now a good Dungeons and Dragons movie would get my attention and my $$ at the box office.

sorry for actually trying to talk about the film

N I G G E R

as a 27 year old male that grew up playing all the original gameboy games and religiously waking up at 5:45 in the morning before school to catch Pokemon at 6am, I had absolutely no interest in watching it. Even my mom who played pokemon go for the last year didnt give a fuck
It's just really hard to give a shit about this stuff as an adult, and not enough kids like it to make it some billion dollar movie

it still made money though

I know they wouldn't really be able to do this but;
If they made an r rated version where ash fucks misty and the pokemon battles are brutal and they explore some of the ethical issues and have a grey morality where team rocket wants to free all pokemon and the protagonists just want to keep battling and keep the status quo, would you be interested then?

>Would've been 4 billion

No Pokémon movie would make 4billion

Then I'd just play Pokemon Reborn.

Justice Smith. I don't know who would watch a movie with him even for Pikachu.

i think that was the problem, theOG kids are 30 now and wont pay to see it let alone know the new pokemon, the present kids most likely only play minecraft and fortnite. So you're left with family viewings, people who play pokemon go and /vp/.

It's a good movie and I'd love more but it's a bit niche

>let's finally make an expensive Hollywood Pokemon movie!
>Yeah! Let's do it!.. so what's the story, who are the characters? Are we going with Ash, Misty and Brock with Jesse and James as antagonists?
>No, fuck that noise, we'll have some adult mutt with a missing dad, with a talking Pikachu voiced by Ryan Reynolds, and it's like a detective story
>wh-what? Are you sure? That seems kinda out of left field. Pikachus can't talk
>Yeah, I didn't pluck that out of nowhere, it's based on this non-mainline Pokemon game that hasn't been released here yet. It'll be a success, I'm sure of it!

>It's a good movie
it was certainly not a good movie. that shit was painful to watch. listening to grown adults spout pokemon names like they're absolutely normal was utterly embarrassing, and I watched it alone.

pokemon, on every conceivable level, is a children's franchise and any attempt to make it "mature" would come off as even more childish.

>Are we going with Ash, Misty and Brock with Jesse and James as antagonists?
Yeah, that totally wouldn't be another shitty movie for kids. I bet even the power of your nostalgic manchild delusion wouldn't save it.

the point is in trying to appeal to a broader audience, they made something literally no one wanted

This. I’m tired of seeing black kids get shoehorned into roles they simply weren’t meant for.

reminder: isn't white supremacy, its spic cope

It sounds like you’re just a loser, friend.

Bingo. Also, niglet smith is a terrible actor.

this movie is meant for children you fucks. What are you even arguing about?
Jesus Christ m, no wonder why your women come to my country to find and fuck real men while you white pigs and mutts are arguing over some cartoons. What happened to white people and culture ffs?

Jews

wanted to see how it would take(pokemon with voices that say more than their names). personally i can't wait for all the battle movies they make because of this.

>racism outside of Yea Forums
goodbye

>Pikachu can't even fight until the last act.
defective pikachu?

It's just common sense.

Sounds kino as fuck.

>t. spic

its so completely odd to see spics acting like they're superior to niggers. both groups being equally worthless

IIRC the original creator did intend for ti to be more brutal and there's a manga/anime adaptation where it's treated more like dogfighting. People's pokemon get killed and people get injured, etc.

Pokemon could have been a children's franchise or an adult one. Gen 1 rode the neutral ground and gen 2-onward sided with kids. I know guys in their 50's that played pokemon when it was new (they were in the Navy and it helped make being on a ship half the year bearable.)

Oh I get it. You're a jew trying to divide and conquer. No, nobody wants to see mutts in film. There's no excuse for it.

Nobody even said anything about spics you melanin enriched retard.

its to do with the fact the site is mostly brown people now. hence why racism on modern Yea Forums is so boring. As watching brown people act like they're superior to other brown people is just tiring.

It's an actual children movie and is not made for adults too like superhero movies.

Ugly Blehxican

because: why is Deadpool the voice of Pikachu?

It was top kino for me because now black girls want a white guy and I love black girls

I'm seriously not even going to torrent it because of the nigger lead

This and the fact the Pokémon are so ugly did it for me

its the highest grossing video game movie.

That’s a weak comparison. Name one other video game movie that actually made a lot of money. I can only think of Warcraft

Well that sure says a lot.

like Warcraft?

they weren't making a film for fans.