Why did Hollywood lie about how good things would be by 2020?

Why did Hollywood lie about how good things would be by 2020?

Attached: 5852468431.jpg (1177x600, 482K)

>1-6 items.
>assholes still go to it with a full cart

Attached: 1382218399431.gif (500x281, 977K)

those are a godsend, no more waiting for old boomers to finish talking to the cashier for 20 minutes

Where I live no one uses them. They will legit line up at the cash 8 deep and I will walk by and get my snackies paid for with robot in 0.5 seconds.

Might be because the target demographic for Shoppers are all 50+ or something, I dunno.

Opposite where i live, people will wait for the self-service and the old hags on the tilkls will say "you can come here if you want" but people will literally shake their heads and wait

I go to the self-service and pretend I can't manage it so a worker has to come over and "assist" me.

I only ever see them at Wallyworld, and I never use them myself because the only time I'm ever there is if I'm picking up shit at the pharmacy, plus the self service ghetto is always completely packed wall to wall with people. Not even sure if it'd throw a fit if I paid for pharmacy shit and a pack of tendies there or not, but even if it didn't it wouldn't save me much time compared to the checkout.

>in line for cashier one time cause I only had cash on me
>long ass line up for the cashier, no one going to the self checkouts, other wageslaves telling people they can go to the machine if they have debit/credit
>this spic lady started talking to this boomer lady about how she hates the self checkouts cause they take peoples jobs, other lady agrees and starts saying some boomer "back in my day" stuff
Anyways the trick with these if you hate talking to people is to wait until like 1 person goes to the cashier and then immediately go the the self checkout to pretend like you just didn't wanna wait. I'm not alpha enough to just do it to an emtpy cashier though

Attached: ah.png (402x504, 194K)

I'm extremely autistic but never use self-checkouts, are they really that good?

The self checkout machines don't take cash? Every one I've ever used does.

this guy gets it

>scan item and place it in the bag
>machine asks you to put it in the bag
What did it mean by this?

put it in the other bag

1. Get ps3
2. Weigh it as tomatoes
3. Pay like 10$
4. ????
5. Profit

Attached: philosoraptor.jpg (400x400, 18K)

The ones at Shoppers Drug Mart don't. I'm not 100% certain but I think the ones at Walmart don't either, at least the ones where I live

Attached: 20190607.jpg (1080x978, 424K)

>Use one of these with a boomer in tow
>Literally just scan an item and place it into the bag
>Press pay and put my card in just like you would at a normal till
>Boomer acts like I'm operating a nuclear reactor

I work as an assistance member in the area at my work and it is the surface level of hell. The amount of fucktarded boomers who literally can't read or listen to the prompts is abundant.

>"Place your item in the bagging area"
>WHAT DO I DO I DONT HAVE A PHD IN THIS SHIT

they watch everybody with high value items that go through self check out, since you meme'd your post you'd be an absolute fucking retard and get caught. the only people security doesn't watch are super old boomers and rich people who wear gucci loafers watches suits button ups with chinos. basically people who wouldn't need to do that in the first place

wallyworld for sure does where I live

They're the best thing ever

I'd like to start her if you catch my meaning.

I actually cook at home so I can't just buy 1-6 things and be good

I go to the self-service and I can't manage it so a worker has to come over and assist me.

It depends on each individual machine

Fucking hell you retards really are complete fucking shut ins

Every single one I've seen takes cash. Learn to read autismo.