Ask a film studies graduate anything

Ask a film studies graduate anything.

Attached: main-image.jpg (1200x963, 260K)

Does the cameraman get any action?

Nigger tongue my anus?

Why is Yea Forums so shit?

what did you study?

has kubrick ever made a good movie

Do you guys have raw sugar or just processed?

nah :/

I have no idea. Honestly, not even memeing, the fact that you guys are obsessed with capeshit doesn't help. Also discussions about TV Shows are very often unproductive and you talk more about TV than film.

Shit. History of cinema, aesthetics of cinema, how to analyze a film, cinema in relation with philosophy or history. I also made a short film for school (and no, you can't see it).

I think so. He's probably overrated but he directed some good stuff.

can I get some fries with that?

give some book reqs or material for cinematography
what kind of lighting scenarios to use
how to light a scene
composing a shot etc

sure buddy

I didn't study this for a single second. Sorry. But, as pretentious as it may sound, I don't think there's a "good way" to light a scene.

How much did you pay?

You should just look up the most basic of photography material online

>imagine paying out the ass for a meme degree in meme studies, in grad school no less
lmao

Attached: 1559621788387.png (481x498, 307K)

> I don't think there's a "good way" to light a scene.
I'm an illustrator so I'm sorry to say but you're objectively wrong on this and I strongly recommend you dedicate time for it, especially composition.

The only valid reason to go to film school in today's day and time is for the access to high quality equipment and connections connections connections. All the "knowledge" can be entirely found on the Internet, you can pirate entire masterclasses if you want.

People who go to film school just to "learn" filmmaking are mental midgets.

Uow much do you regret that fucking useless degree?

It was very cheap, I'm in Europe.

lol, how serious. Yeah you're probably right.

You are right. My studies were very theorical so it was really pointless, except if I wanted to become a teacher, which I don't.

Film studies is a meme grad

is it worth it? ive been doing it for 2 years but i want to change, theres so much group work and it doesn't help when everyone you're grouped up with does jack shit and just suggests ideas ripped off from nolan and tarantino movies

who was better director/editor: David Lean or Russ Meyer?

Why won't you just go movies lmao

Why dont you guys ever get my order right? Every time I decide to sleep in and grab lunch or dinner later you idiots always fuck it up. I can keep a water plant running on my own but 6 of you retards can't figure out a double cheesebuger means two patties?

Yeah it's the same everywhere. I don't think it's worth it. But it spends on what you want to do. If you want to be a filmmaker and your school gives you equipment and networking, maybe you should just hang on.

I'm not even a big fan of Russ Meyer, but I'd still say Russ Meyer.

Whats your favourite film

will you be able to pay of your student debt?

Epic reddit meme.

Do actresses suck cock for role?

I can't answer that. The first film that came to my mind is Jean Renoir's La Marseillaise. It might change in a minute.

As I said, I don't have a debt.

I'm not in the movies but unfortunately, I think a lot of them do, at least in Hollywood, but probably everywhere else.

How much do you regret studying such a meme degree

Why didn't you just minor in it like I did?

the concept of minor/major doesn't exist where I live.

>fellow water operator bro
Washington aqueduct here

What is the nature of justice ?

Flint Michigan Water Treatment plant how you do

did you graduate?

Do you learn about film movements? What' do you consider your favorite? Which are the best movies made in terms of technique that aren't praised much? Which country makes the most interesting movies today? How much does a degree affects your chances of working in the industry?

>people unironically call it "study"
Suicide when?

>Yeah it's the same everywhere.
I beg to differ. I got a lot of practical knowledge, worked on many shoots, learned about lighting, sound, art direction, etc.
Sounds like you just went to a terrible film school. My degree was 4 years btw. don't know bout yours

You’re not a film studies graduate you NEET fuck

What troubles di you run into while adapting a novel or book into film? Is it true that you guys scour the book for descriptive passages about the characters or settings? What happens if the source material is more action and internal dialogue or thoughts and doesn't describe much of the world? Or if it does describe the world, what happens if it is kind of vague?

emoji thinking

Lmao that's just too much. I learnd about a few movements, couldn't really call one a "favorite" except maybe american cinema of the 30s 40s and 50s, but it's not really a movement.
I don't know what "in terms of technique" mean ? It's very often the contrary : films are praised because of their technique when they're really poor from an aesthetic point of view. Of course, and maybe that's your question, there are hundreds (thousands) of great films nobody ever talks about.
I think the most interesting movies come from the United States and France - maybe it has always been the case, heh.
From my point of view, it doesn't really help. But it depends what you're actually studying.

I'm not talking about the quality of the classes, I'm talking about the fact that people in film schools are fucking stupid.

I'm leaving the thread, thanks for the questions anons

This faggot got triggered over some bantz apparently.

But I am an actual film school fag (I'm)

AMA

Attached: !!!!!!!!!!.jpg (800x800, 269K)

why are you so fucking gay?

Answer my questions before you leave.

What do you think about Korean cinema? There are some great movies coming out very frequently and they're actually p well done without the resources of big budget and CGI effects.
What do you think about the Chinese market and how much will it affect movies in the near future?

How much for extra fries?

lmao no friend I'm not triggered, I don't consider what I studied great or anything. Actually I didn't go to a "film school", I went to university and studied film there.

Are your questions about books & film? I can't answer any of these, as I said I studied theorical stuff about aesthetics and history.

I hate most of the thrillers that come out of korea, it's obsessed with violence, gore, stupid plot twists... I like Hong Sang-Soo.
I have no idea about china. It will probably have an impact on ultra-mainstream filmmaking (it already does).

>I don't consider what I studied great or anything.
Then why did you study it?

But tbf
>couldn't really call one a "favorite" except maybe american cinema of the 30s 40s and 50s
>I hate most of the thrillers that come out of korea, it's obsessed with violence, gore, stupid plot twists
you sound pretty based tbqhwy

Oh, so you weren't heavily into production, just the criticism of film. Are you going to be launching a YouTube channel that puts out video analysis of films? Because there are a bunch of them and most of them focus on mainstream movies instead of those art films that intellectuals like Bauerlein consume (Mark Bauerlein is the guy who wrote The Dumbest Generation, blaming American youth for neglecting education and for not being geniuses, yet he is also a hypocrite for supporting Trump.)

Because that's what I wanted to do after high school and I enjoyed learning about films and watching a lot of films.
That's nice user.

lmao I would never want to launch a youtube channel, I don't think there's possibility to do interesting content. It's all biaised... I'm considering writing on films tho.

where in Europe?

What's the difference between American films and European films? Are American films shallow, like when you see some explosions in an action movie, and European films are suppose to be philosophical, like I saw a YouTube video saying European films explore Nietsczhe and Sartre's existentialism? Do you lump in Canadian films with American films or just place them in their own category? What do you think Europeans do better in their films than Americans do?

is time anything other than entropy and location in space?

Attached: RAWR 2.jpg (2862x3670, 2.66M)

no that user just went to a shit school, they're somewhat the same as in the US (although cheaper)