Name a bigger pleb's favorite. Dude has no talent at directing

Name a bigger pleb's favorite. Dude has no talent at directing.

Attached: christopher-nolan-variety-feature-story.jpg (700x1050, 599K)

Tarantino

Zack Snyder

David Lynch.

The first 15 minutes of Dunkirk are legitimately extremely good, pure visual storytelling.

>one of the few directors to shoot with practical effects and props on large scale
>what a pleb
>autistic Fincher who can't make surroundings and extras work as he likes and does even most trivial scenes in CGI
>tv intellectuals jizz their pants
I wonder what the latter would have done before the invention of computers.

Attached: 1553261873392.png (356x506, 23K)

Fincher, Tarantino and Nolan are the holy trinity of overrated directors for plebs.

Same with the beginning of There Will be Blood. That's not to say Dunkirk loses its intensity through the remaining run, of course.

He's shit too for sure
Pretty shit and overrated for sure
Nolan has shit tier framing and editing
At least fincher made a couple decent movies

>no talent
Only a pleb would say such a thing about Nolan. While his films are indeed enjoyed by the masses, that doesn't discount the fact that they are very well made films with substance. I bet you also think Kubrick and Bergman are "no talent" directors despite them being obviously some of the best filmmakers of all time. Please stop posting on this board.

Memento and Dunkirk are better than most Fincher flicks.

>Christopher Nolan is only 48 years old
lads we have ATLEAST two more decades of Nolan kino upon us

prosperous times are ahead

the prestige is legit one of my favorite films of all time

No they really aren't

They are.

Yes they really are my dear phoneposting tourist friend.

Attached: Dunkirk.2017.iMAX.MultiSubs.Blu-Ray.1080p.DTS-HD.MA-5.1.x264-DrSi.mkv_snapshot_00.04.22_.jpg (1920x1080, 398K)

>calls someone a tourist
>watches 1080p on his comp program
Nolan is literally trash and his movies are edited and scored like a five year old was fucking around

What a bizzare thread.

At first I thought it was bait but all the responses saying other great directors are shit has me thinking otherwise.

Either way trying to seem like a intellectual by hating on someone/something everyone else likes just makes you seem like a bigger retard.

Attached: 1505503663666.jpg (624x479, 62K)

Nolan has as much film chops as Uwe Boll

>posts simpsons
>likes Nolan
The eternal pleb

Why do zoomers think misusing the word "literally" is a replacement of an argument?

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Sure thing dishonest tranny.

Attached: swim harry swim.webm (1920x1080, 2.74M)

I'm sure you're fun at parties.

You don't even have a working brain stem or eyes, subpar framing, subpar editing, supbar acting, supbar staging, shit writing, no tension found, no humanity found

Even television shows that are trash have better quality shots

More fun than anything nolan has ever shat out

Attached: 0fa.jpg (500x362, 59K)

lmao at this zoomer buttblasted tranny crying out at Nolan ITT

Nolan is a shit director who has the theatricality of a fucking raccoon getting into your garbage can and knocking it over at 1 in the morning

Very low quality bait, I'm leaving this thread.
Sage.

Attached: e5b.jpg (500x380, 42K)

NPC for life!
Such is the state of the nolanfag

He's good at action scenes but he's terrible with actors and generally wouldn't recognize a good script if it hit him over the head.

8nt gr8 b8 m8

>good at action scenes
someone post the dark knight rises webms
his action scenes are shit

Nolan is literally exposition the director. All of his films consist of people explaining the plot because he doesn't trust his audience. His characters are non existent and serve only as mouthpieces to spout exposition and explain the plot. The funniest thing about this is the mechanics the plot has and the rules the film set up are usually broken with few minutes. So the whole exposition was useless because he doesn't even keep his own rules. He can't direct action to save his life. He is overreliant on music to conjure any type of emotion and his level of visual storytelling is 0. Show don't tell you fucking hack. He makes films for people who only watch blockbuster garbage and he makes them in a way where they think they are intelligent for getting it. They are not, everything is explained and his films are not that complicated. That being said Dunkirk was a step in right direction.

>duuuude he's so bad at action scenes
>only able to bring up TDKR every single time
yawn

Marvel, Nolan has made a few good flick at least ,the MCU is just bazinga theory in film form

Says the faggot who has never seen Memento, The Prestige, or Dunkirk

Holy fucking based.

Fucking based.
See
He describes Nolan perfectly. Nolan has absolutely no ability to show emotions or engage in visual storytelling it's plot plot plot plot. "Show don't tell you fucking hack"
You are literally a mouthbreathing retard if you can't see this because it's as clear as day

watch Dunkirk

I've seen all his shitty movies and had to drop Dunkirk because of the 0/10 score, sound editing, sound mixing and editing. He's red and green colorblind which explains why all his movies look like shit.

Please tell me how does Dunkirk have a bad sound mix.

I did and couldn't get through it because of the bad editing and zimmer once again being a hack with nolan. at least he didn't ruin br2049s score

Attached: 619h03x930L._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (322x499, 46K)

You’ve obviously never watched Memento or The Prestige, you lying, cock sucking faggot

By sounding like actual ass in movie form, dadaddududmudumddudmudmduadadudmudmududmdumdum

>tarantino and nolan are the greatest directors evar!!!!

saw prestige in theaters and ive seen memento it's nothing special

Attached: brainlet.gif (274x360, 181K)

Glad to have confirmed that you don't even know what sound mixing is dear mental midget.

Based and truthpilled. Nolan isn't the worst director, just extremely unremarkable. Anyone stating him as their favorite director is pleb personified.

Glad to you know you don't have basic comprehension and are the projecting mental midget.

>sound mixing is bad because I don't like the soundtrack
wow crazy insight my dude, so on point

please finish high school

>not thinking a director's work is 100% irredeemable garbage
>thinking a director's work is the best
>the same

Attached: 1535353352252.jpg (338x334, 26K)

>sound mixing i-i-is good you're supposed to l-l
Sound mixing sounded like shit it's job is to not sound like shit

There's only absolute le kino revolutionary masterpieces and dogshit flicks for these tribalism subhumans.

I consider myself a very open minded viewer. I love a good arthaus kino and there are lots of great foreign films. But I have to say that as far as Hollywood goes, Nolan is without doubt one of the best directors ever. He puts so much effort into making his movies and you can see his love for it in his work. I like to judge a movie by How entertaining it is. Nolan movies are always entertaining. Not in a action-packed way but everything he outs in his movies is interesting. When someone explains stuff, when there are plot twists, when you are studying the world he has created. This is what I want from movies and that is why Nolan is my favorite director. He doesn’t make intelligent movies, he doesn’t re-invent the game but holy fuck he makes Hollywood great again. Stop complaining to seem special. Just lean back and enjoy the movies of a director that loves film as much as we do.

yeah we get it you don't know what's sound mixing don't have to say it 5 times

@116276873
Not taking this shit bait good parody of a brainlet though

>sound mixing doesn't include the sound levels of all the sounds being mixed
>it's supposed to sound like shit though nolan is doing it on purpose

speaking as someone who actually quite likes nolan, are you trolling or just eleven and retarded?

Attached: 1536995400824.jpg (634x401, 71K)

Anime in a nutshell

>speaking as someone who actually likes nolan, are you trolling or just eleven and retarded
Funny you don't know that Nolan fans sound like retarded 11 year olds when praising his movies on youtube and reddit

Attached: award for shit pleb.jpg (409x409, 60K)

>watching muh video essays on youtube
>going on reddit
remind me who's a pleb again?

Attached: 123.png (400x607, 248K)

And television shows like game of thrones, chernobyl, all capeshit movies etc

>watching muh video essays
Don't watch those though, stop projecting

Attached: shutterstock_9067001h.jpg (780x524, 38K)

Based

>on youtube and reddit
go back

He's hit or miss, but at least his movies has some sort of personality

Have sex

The Nolan and Fincher imdb graduates fav

Attached: Our boy nolan.jpg (969x1045, 141K)

>Zimmer hack
Get a load of this guy. Zimmer did well in this one. Can't wait for the complete score to be released

James Cameron. Beloved by Reddit and Yea Forums alike.

KINO PER YEAR
I
N
O

>All of his films consist of people explaining the plot because he doesn't trust his audience. His characters are non existent and serve only as mouthpieces to spout exposition and explain the plot. The funniest thing about this is the mechanics the plot has and the rules the film set up are usually broken with few minutes.
Yeah sometimes this is an asset when a plan goes awry. When the turning point is reached with reversal of fortune, or recognition, or both....then you have a complicated plot. I think Nolan's screenwriting may muddle this somewhat but its present in one form or another.

Attached: image.jpg (2811x1175, 428K)

Those first 15 minutes were cut short in exchange for a semi-narrative film... It would have been better to cut to Branagh's character at that point and have him set up some ground rules so it wasn't just a bunch of boys on a beach. It's possible that Dunkirk was alluding to Lord of The Flies but it wasn't elaborated upon very well.

Kek. You fucking faggot started with the projection.

In his films, when two intelligent characters sit down to talk to each other the results are very interesting. The problem is that DKR, Interstellar, and even Inception to some extent didn't have the friction of reciprocity that makes his films so entertaining. But you see how well intellectual intimacy is described in Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight. Inception was too much of a group effort to connect on that same level.

ok this is just pure faggotry right here
i doubted it at first but now i know Yea Forums will hate on anything that gets popular

Attached: 1554367456623.jpg (898x1468, 134K)

memes aside, the plane scene in tdkr is legitimately laughably bad

There is some pretty valid criticism against Nolan in this thread it's not just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

and the rest of the movie was terribly boring. Bruce Wayne climbing out of the Lazarus pit was kino though

No one is claiming all of his films are flawless you dumb fuck

Nolan is extremely good technical director, but he's not an author and his movies while being enjoyable can't be considered art.
He's like better Michael Bay but worse Michael Mann

Yes most of them are bad you dumb fuck.

Based

Is Memento a "bad" film? The Prestige? Insomnia? Following? Dunkirk?
Not saying they are great either, but pretending like all of them are outright bad is just dishonest

>Nolan is extremely good technical director, but he's not an author and his movies while being enjoyable can't be considered art.
I disagree and think he is an Auteur but an uneven one, with ideas that maybe aren't concrete or fully-rounded enough to form the oeuvre of a traditional auteur. It would be interesting to learn more about his education, who his professors were, etc. The structure of his dialogue has the sort of 'late night exchange at college' structure which is so popular on youtube ... and that's interesting when you consider that most directors are stuck in high school modes of thought and action. Is he building up to a point or a worldview?

The combination of overcomplicated plots and under-complicated shots irritates me however. Even though people like my friend happen to love movies that don't look visually composed, I think Nolan has to use story boarding of some kind and allude more consciously to other forms of visual art. At the moment, he cuts not on action but on visual completeness if that makes sense...it's a very different style than what American directors have been doing Post-Kurosawa.

That's a lot of words to say 'Nolan makes commercial films'.

/thread

I said most of them. Meaning Interstellar, Inception, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman Begins and Prestige. Are either bad or mediocre. I like Memento, Dunkirk was at least interesting. I haven't seen Following and Insomnia is decent.

>literally rips off anime
this guy is a joke

FPBP

>Enemy
>Prisoners
>Sicario
>Arrival
>BR 2049
did this nigga sell his soul? how is to possible to release absolute kinography back to back like this?

this, sage this thread