This scene was fucking perfection

Attached: a monster at the end of it.png (1920x1080, 3.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theintercept.com/2019/04/15/twin-metals-minnesota-shield616-police/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TV peaked with True Detective S1. Nothing has ever been as good.

Finally, someone I agree with. Have a soda, it's on me.

The Knick was pretty damn good too. Both seasons.
And Peaky Blinders seasons 1 and 2 were great fun, I still watch it because it's my guilty pleasure

Except it was lame cult shit with a disappointing climax. At least The Sopranos doesnt pretend to be something it isn't.

God I hate you TD tards.
HURR DURR SO MYSTERIOUS MUCH LOVECRAFTIAN
Fuck off dumb niggers. This show was a turgid garbage about some pedophile rednecks raping kids innawoods filled with pretentious dialogues, and color palette of grey and vomit

I agree, one of the best seasons of a show out there. Anyone who disagrees is a fooking kneeler

>calls something pretentious but uses the word "turgid" in the same sentence
And you wonder why nobody ever listens to you

yeah i agree thee climax was really whacky. Also all of Russ dialogue was some cringey edgy shit that appeals to the Rick & Morty crowd. It was still very good television and among the best of the 2010s.

Yea Forums was so fun to browse when this aired
such a shame it turned to shit after episode 4

Will agree to this though it still has the strongest opening episodes of any show. Can't compare it to sopranos, that had many seasons to get more interesting. TD grabbed you by the balls right away and doesn't loosen the grip until ep 5. That shoot out scene was dorky af I'll admit it but the world building and dedication to characters puts above anything else, still today. I don't even watch tv anymore cause I know there will be nothing that satisfied me as much as the first season of TD

>I strike you as a talker or a doer, Steve?

Attached: 6c95652be131836d3cab1c3b901a6a58.jpg (500x708, 34K)

If the first season of True Detective is the best television can offer, then TV shows are confirmed as a vastly inferior visual medium when compared to film.

TV peaked in the mid-Nineties with the first 5 seasons of The X-Files.

you're right. too bad the ending of season one was whiffed.

mad lad

>main character a kike
nope

Or video games.

is he wearing a jockstrap?

yes

TCHU
TCHU
TCHU
TCHU

Attached: 1555432592371.jpg (1280x718, 114K)

he reminds me of something like bigfoot or Jason Voorhees, very cursed ambiance

That scene where he escapes the gang bangers house in Houston was the best sequence in TV I've ever seen

show took a shit at the moment where Rust shows Marty the tape, he wails like a coyote and then that awful cowardly ending...

broke: rust and marty are heroes
woke: actually, rust and marty caused more harm to more people via their extrajudicial means than the alleged pedos they were after ever did

the real bad guys were us for cheering them on like the sopranos

that's just ridiculous wtf

I think it gets better in the second half. Becomes more personal almost.

ok I'm intrigued. explain more?

Never seen TD but all the people comparing it (in quality) to the Sopranos has my attention. Is it worth watching, or will I love it then be disappointed in the final season like so many other shows?

consider this scenehow many people were killed, beat, and arrested in that sequence alone? what about the collateral damage like the kid rust hid in the bathtub, taken to CPS? were those lives worth catching a couple of manbaby pedos? at this point i think we only knew of potentially 2 related victims.

rust and marty shouldn't be praised for going outside of their legal investigative powers, they should be condemned for doing it. all cops are bad.

the seasons have nothing to do with each other other than being detective shows. The first one is the best, and it's not necessary to watch the others.

Attached: 1556086376723.jpg (1920x1080, 861K)

our system of laws and the people who uphold them are deeply flawed, yes. but where does that leave us outside of reforming everything top to bottom? having no cops? if the system is unjust, why is it bad for a cop to go outside the lines?

anyway, focusing on just the show, I don't think Marty and Rust are looked on as heroes. Rust says something like, "we are bad men. society needs bad men to bad shit to even badder men." they're supposed to be antiheros. what chaps my ass is the fucking ending.

all that, all those years, all the people hurt along the way and all they really got was an insane guard dog run amok and Rust and Marty are just over the moon? one ringleader killed himself and one stupid stray who's gone off the reservation and they're dopey and happy when they knew this shit goes all the way up to the top.

the first season of true detective is nonstop kino. the character development is top notch. the only complaint i see most about it is the "green ears" shit which is understandable, but it's a marginal issue that doesn't detract from the story. the story progresses so fast in just 8 episodes, they were bound to phone it in in some manner. you can definitely avoid the seasons after the first because they're laughably bad, but you're definitely missing out on the rust and marty dynamic that everybody loves

My dad and I watched the shit out of True Detective. Probably the last time we did something together.

Cherish that motherfucker bro. You miss him when he's gone.

season 1 is pure kino,

They're happy to be alive, I think. They indirectly got Tuttle himself, and got some exposure for their case.

Plus the rape video is out, they had been gone for more than 24 hours, I bet the sniper pal mailed them out.

>why is it bad for the people we hire to enforce the law to break the law?

uh.. i'll leave that alone. but on the subject of an unjust system and the syndicate leading all the way to the top, remember that the tuttle family foundation funded an investigative task force that the cops themselves welcomed with open arms. of course there was plenty of circumstantial evidence that there were higher ups involved, but there is absolutely no incentive to pursue it further than at a surface level so that the news stories go away. we were never going to catch all the bad guys because you can't and are not supposed to do it from within because private interest groups and the state are one and the same. heck check it this story or even just the jeffrey epstein shit that /pol/ completely turns a blind eye to.

theintercept.com/2019/04/15/twin-metals-minnesota-shield616-police/

the last episode is great because rust comes to terms with it.

absolute kino

Attached: 1554863472066.jpg (1920x1080, 108K)

>"LMAO LIFE'S A DREAM"
Fuuuuuuck that's some deep writing *starts clapping*

Attached: SjcnozE.jpg (406x405, 117K)

Sorry zoomers, LOST exists. You can have fun with your non-first-place categorizations though. That's all yours!