Why would they even be fighting each other? They're both good guys who protect humanity from other monsters

Why would they even be fighting each other? They're both good guys who protect humanity from other monsters.

Attached: GvK.jpg (800x449, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MMNICLfHE3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how smart is godzilla compared to king kong?
I know godzilla can swim in formation and hold things mouths open on purpose

>godzilla’s entire thing is being the king of the monsters
>Kong doesn’t give a fuck about that and just wants to be left along with blonde white women on his island

Gee I dunno user, use your imagination!

>insert Batman V Superman comparison here

...Mothra

>They're both good guys who protect humanity from other monsters.

Attached: 1532438290857.jpg (763x771, 60K)

Godzilla is just as smart, mentally. He was smart enough to figure out how to negate Ghidorah’s healing factor. The difference is that Kong has better means of applying his intelligence concretely.

They literally are though

>They're both good guys who protect humanity from other monsters
Normally I would say Godzilla only cares about maintaining order, but KotM made it seem like he has a soft spot for humans. Kong, on the other hand, only protects those whom he finds deserving of his protection.

Could be that when the titans are all awake the hierarchy forms through combat and they're just the two alphas who need to throw down to determine who's on top.

Okay first of all, that's in no way true at all about the "protector" thing. And second, animals fight over territory all the time

It doesn't matter since nobody is going to watch it thanks to boipussy normie critics.

Did you not see Skull Island? There's multiple mentions of Kong coming from a family of apes that protected humanity from other titans.

They'll make up some contrived reason for them to fight - either they'll use the ORCA again or make up some new bullshit - they'll also make up something to even the odds since even normies are talking about how weak Kong is in comparison to Godzilla

I was mostly referring to Godzilla. But yes I agree Kong has more of a protector thing going, mostly because he was still young and imprinted on the villagers since his parents died. Godzilla is a walking natural disaster that's been foe just as much as "hero". In fact Mothra is the true protagonist of the G-Series

Batman v. Superman Predators v. Aliens fanbois begin touching themselves.

Two alphas fight and have to put their differences aside when Destroyah comes out of the water cause the oxygen destroyer was used

Kong doesn't give a shit about being alpha like Godzilla does. But Kong is more of a protector than Godzilla. He helps and save lesser kaijus than him. So Godzilla, Rodan and all the other kaijus showing up at his comfy island will set thing off.

underated

Why did you say that name!

Attached: Mothra.jpg (960x480, 44K)

See I get just the opposite impression. Godzilla's "moral compass" has been all over the place throughout the years but as depictions go, Legendary Godzilla seems quite benevolent

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

>Don't worry, humans, this desolate metropolis will soon blossom into a lush forest. It seems to be well fertilized!

Kong does not bow. He doesn't do the whole bio-acoustic alpha wave thing.

Legendary's Godzilla is Showa as fuck. I grew up with the Showa movies though so that suits me fine. The only Heisei movie I got to see back then was Godzilla Returns (Godzilla 1985).

I always thought this was a really dumb matchup and I have no idea why people thought this was a good idea beyond executives who love name recognition.

It's the definitive Eastern and Western giant monster, it's a novelty.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: kingvsgod.png (800x473, 854K)

>Godzilla for the most part will just let the other Kaijus go around so long as they don't target people
>meanwhile Kong and the ones on his will be independent on Godzilla's orders, maybe cause Kong will be their alpha there
>eventually a couple of the other Kaiju's from around the world stumble up on Skull Island
>Kong thinks they are there to cause trouble so he fucks them up, maybe killing them too
>Eventually Godzilla learns about it in some way, perhaps Rodan himself tells him after he got messed up by Kong
>Godzilla heads over to take care of Kong

That is not what Godzilla is though

Attached: KinoZillaPoster.jpg (685x960, 126K)

Yeah but what made King Kong great wasn't his fighting ability it was the empathy we could feel for that puppet. Having him clash against Godzilla this metaphor for the dangers of nuclear power who has a rouge's gallery of far more interesting creatures to fight against.

Kong is incredibly plain because he wasn't built up to be this superhero monster who fights other superhero monsters with interesting power he's just this big animal who loved a beautiful woman and got killed by machine gun mounted on a biplane. Facing him off against this giant tank melting build smashing monster was always a dumb idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=MMNICLfHE3M

I like King Kong and I liked Godzilla I just always hated facing them off against each other is retarded. Ghidorah is a way more interesting foe for Godzilla to fight than King Kong will ever be.

lmao that ragdoll at 1:50

Godzilla has Kong outranged, I don't see how it's a fight
King has no method of long range attack and his fur is susceptible to Godzilla's main method of it

Godzilla is more of having things in order, like putting the MUTOs and Ghidorah in their rightful place. He doesn't meddle in human stuff.

>Godzilla: Bend the knee

I remember seeing a description saying that for some reason Titans are being drawn to skull island so maybe Dance's character was doing something on the island that led godzilla there.

Really? He gave me more late Heisei vibes.

Have you ever observed a gorilla?

They're dumb as shit.

The only way Kong beats Godzilla is when they greatly overpower Kong specifically for the matchup. Kong won the first time because Toho was paying homage to the original Kaiju so he had to beat their newcomer, it made absolutely no sense and they gave Kong a massive power boost just to make it work. I imagine the same shit is going to play out here.

Basically

Attached: 1516129752172.jpg (125x123, 3K)

Simple.
>KOTM Credits showed other monsters moving to SI.
>Kong doesnt take kindly to that and either kills some or drives them off. Or he lets them do their own thing depending on if they fuck with the ecosystem or himself.
>Kong doesnt realize the other larger monsters will predate on or kill off the Skullcrawlers and any other things in the Hollow Earth like he does.
>Godzilla catches wind of this
>Fight ensues
>Enter another monster

He's somewhere between Showa and Heisei. He's not the "friend of all children" kind of Godzilla from Godzilla vs. Megalon, but he doesn't harm humans even though they have tried to kill him twice.

marvel drone question that they will keep asking even when a film points out why infront of them and throught the writing.
spot on

That’s the question of the day.
My bet is the terrorists in KotM use the alpha monster sonic device to either control one of them or force them or one into a fighting frenzy.

The good human characters will find away to stop the sounds/sonics/control/whatever and free whichever monster is affected.

Then Godzilla and King Kong will team up and fight another monster (my bet being it either Destroyah or Mecha King Ghidorah).

The End

Godzilla will be corrupted by power, being king will go to his head. Plus they're dumping all the monsters on skull island and Kongs going to get pissy about that too.

Godzilla is so lame, one dimensional, outdated and overpowered that for his movies to be good at all, he needs to be carried by Kong.

Either aliens will mind control one or the eco bad guys from Godzilla 2 will use the alpha sound device or something.

Attached: 862d9243-f4f7-4e03-9fa4-f405a9327fbf.jpg (444x388, 15K)

>They’ll fight for a bit
>then some other bigger threat will come and they’ll fight together against it
My moneys on MechaGodzilla

Mine is on MechaGiddora since we saw that teased in the end credit scene

Kong does protect the islanders on Skull Island but he is more focused on killing Skull monsters. As long as humans don’t fuck with him and his Island then he is okay with them.

Godzilla cares more about being alpha male. Sure, he doesn’t hate humanity and doesn’t purposely try to destroy them lie old versions (thus making him a saint in comparison). But it isn’t because he likes humans, he just defends them from monsters because he wants to kill the monsters and be alpha and balance nature.

Mine is on Mecha Ghidorah or Destroyah. Or both.

>Mecha Ghidorah and Destroyah in the same movie

Attached: im gonna nut.gif (200x200, 2.3M)

Well that's the idea, Kong is supposed to be the underdog, which probably means he's going to win.

Japan made this movie 50 years ago, its precedent, now it's time for America to do their take on it

Attached: 1519715205068.gif (400x300, 1.24M)

easy. He will use Gorilla-warfare tactics to win.

Attached: King.gif (500x354, 793K)

charles dance wont return in this movie. so mecha ghidorah is unlikely.

Kong just need a suit of mecha-armor and it would be a fair fight.

Godzilla is a mary sue

>>Mine is on MechaGiddora since we saw that teased in the end credit scene

wait wut? I walked out the the theater at the start of the credits. What did I miss?

Kong vs. Zilla in NYC
Kong Stabs Zilla with the Empire State Building

>>He will use Gorilla-warfare tactics to win.

nah he'll just monkey around for a while, then go apeshit on G-man

wrong! Kong knows how to do the hadouken

they fear that the other one of them is evil, but then they discover that their mothers have the same name and they become best friends

Attached: 616648.jpg (640x480, 35K)

>muh 65 year old moobee that exists in a different universe with its own distinct tone and themes

they'll turn it into a race war allegory where zilla attacks kong for being a chimp

Will they be frens? :3

Attached: 0e93b88b-1281-4c4f-9bfe-7872eb50ea19.jpg (869x660, 176K)