What do you think of Legendary's Godzilla design? How could it be improved?

What do you think of Legendary's Godzilla design? How could it be improved?

Attached: YBEz2YD.jpg (1985x1175, 807K)

>2016
What?..

Legendary Godzilla 2019 is the 2014 design perfected.

Needs cute pre-evolutions

Attached: s-l640.jpg (560x560, 51K)

Were there any design changes from 2014 to 2019.

The spikes on his back are different. more reminiscent of older incarnations. There may be some more changes, but i'm not sure.

Why is Shin Godzilla so fat bros? Why is his tale so big? What was Anno thinking?

A Japanese production, superior to the 2014 and 2019 US films

Increase Godzilla’s height by at least an order of magnitude

He's a metaphor for america

Attached: godzillas.jpg (4974x1277, 2.75M)

After Godzilla gets nuked his arms get longer with sharper claws, feet look slightly more digitigrade, he gets bit taller and a bit more lithe.

Shin was thicc because he evolved too fast.
>land? Need feet
>hard concrete, skyscrapers, and niggas shooting at me? Need thick, tough legs.

Current leading fan theories are that Shin Godzilla was this thing originally, and his tail was always retardedly huge because it's its proboscis.

Attached: ZZPyC7D.jpg (1000x789, 221K)

91 is the obvious GOAT

How would I know when over two movies I've still barely gotten a good look at him?

2019 and Heisei are the two best designs.

>Tail mouth is the original real mouth.
>His whole anatomy is backwards.
Whoa

There are two designs
Yes

Attached: NECA-2019-Godzilla-vs-2014-Godzilla-004.jpg (2048x1365, 129K)

Attached: a4a7weyr2p121.jpg (1500x790, 174K)

Make him bigger

Attached: FB_IMG_1551213062224.jpg (1080x720, 55K)

Will he ever be able to rival the top10?

Attached: 1533862022786.png (1536x326, 77K)

more like downgraded. 2014 is perfection

Attached: 84594-eight.jpg (730x472, 103K)

He is both too fat and not fat enough simultaneously.

Attached: dsESM0bFDWYS82ESs5dv12FroRKuov647roiTLYDGfo.jpg (944x759, 101K)

2014 had better proportions to 2019 but 2019 has better spikes

/r/ing more charts comparing Kaiju, doesn't have to just be Godzilla. Also any high-quality Godzilla: KOTM posters would be nice

1984 a best

>all 10 are Asian/Middle Eastern
>the ethnicities with the smallest average penis length
maybe my old crazy bitch feminist gf was right about skyscrapers being penis compensation

Attached: list.jpg (1460x996, 286K)

It seems like the neck and head are the only "issues" with his original design

Legendary Godzilla is meant to embody the "King of the Monsters" aspect of Godzilla's persona, and it does a very good job of it. His beefiness makes him look like he's read for a fight. This is also the plebbiest aspect of Godzilla's persona. Shin Gojira represents Godzilla as an abomination created by incorrect science. This is the patrician's Godzilla.

Really hoping we get more movies set in the Resurgence continuity, I want more fucking weirdo kaiju.

Attached: 358mya.png (575x540, 435K)

As long as it's not "Japanese Government: Featuring Godzilla"

>i need dumbed down audience avatars
What a fucking idiot. Go back to watching star wars.

14 Gojira is the best. The rest look like a dude in green suit which is literally correct.

He doesn't know...

Attached: 1555388496471.jpg (369x400, 91K)

man how the fuck can godzilla even beat ghidora? he's a zilla manlet

If not for the squashed pitbull snout and overthickness, I'd agree. 91 has the best proportions.

It's almost the other way around in 2019. Ghidorah's a lankster but his heads are tiny compared to Godzilla's, he has less mass.

I don't care what people say, but the first form of Shin Godzilla is fucking adorable, blood leaking and all. They should've adopted that retard.

Wrong about everything. 19 is better than 14 in everyway.

call me a zoomer but legendary is really the only one that doesnt look like a shitty rubbery suit in color. Shin godzilla close second tho

Attached: legendary_godzilla_transparent_ver_3__by_jacksondeans_dcuawmz-pre.png (774x1032, 1.08M)

Godzilla looks weird. They should update its design, add feathers etc.

Shin Godzilla looks like Junji Ito designed it.

Godzilla was never created by science except in the 1998 one. The nukes awaken him, not create him.

I'll take a monster fight over contrived as fuck political commentary with a solution that makes no sense.

Basically this pic.
part of me still prefers the spines on 2014.

Attached: 1559000126422.jpg (4096x2898, 683K)

91 and 2014 are the best ones in that pic to me.

Finding Kamata-kun cute as fuck is normal though.

Attached: __monster_in_kamata_godzilla_series_and_etc_drawn_by_koroguchi__c34e105ac8a2ead39f18a7ce896ac94d.jpg (661x488, 140K)

I like how '98 is still included in these. Pretty cool, given it wasn't a good Godzilla movie.

That pic is completely wrong.

Based. Really like 2014's design but something about the 89-91 look is still cool as hell, even disregarding nostalgia. Stands perfectly straight, unique skin texture, mammalian features in the face, etc

Attached: 2aa2bb1e6d2d427559d53f13fc9d5953.jpg (1622x2121, 219K)

>mammalian features in the face

Attached: catzilla.jpg (828x1165, 131K)

That's not the Heisei design

I know, the post just reminded me of that picture.

>Shin Gojira represents Godzilla as an abomination created by incorrect science
Shin is the only version of Godzilla that was made by science, and it was hardly "incorrect" science.
>This is the patrician's Godzilla.
No, it's "I think giant monsters and paper-thin commentary about a political event I don't understand is deep." There's nothing patrician about it. It's just an episode of Evangelion with bad acting.

shutting down a living nuclear reactor doesn't make sense? are you some kind of massively stupid faggot who can't even understand the very basics of nuclear power? how pitiful.

2014 is a spikelet

>We discovered that its blood is a cooling system.
>The dorsal plates are also part of the cooling system.
>We know this because we looking at its DNA.
>From this we're just going to come to the conclusion that coagulating its blood will lead to SCRAM even though that's not how thermodynamics work
>Also this SCRAM will cause a comically immediate deep freeze right out of Batman & Robin.
>We're going to spend half of the run time building up this garbage science with zero understanding or explanation of how any of this shit works, even though our country just dealt with this exact scenario a few years earlier.
>Also, as luck would have it, Shin's magical super-powerful atomic radiation only has a half-life of a few days. Meaning that it would immediately die from lack of available thermo-nuclear power after we succeed.
But yeah, attempt to admonish me for not being a shit-eating retard like you.

You literally can't refute this.

you have the other version with a frog for showa, a tiger for heisei, and a meerkat for millennium?

This. Everyone praises the admittedly great first half of the film, with its excellent buildup to Goji's landfall and well implemented social and political satire, but then everyone forgets how garbage the movie gets after Shin does his beam attack and goes to sleep. Suddenly theres a dozen ass pulls and the film changes tone completely, its satire becomes a lot less interesting, and its climax is downright embarassing, ending on a wet fart.

Attached: d2ee10257213b4778ee49a5b868df06e.jpg (2255x1740, 256K)

No, but I have this

Attached: BtOGY.jpg (737x1400, 105K)

Because japs still recognize its existence unlike you dumb dumb americans that prefer to forget things and burn it all

Attached: ps51zeb0tL1vsdfij_540.jpg (540x568, 65K)

Do otters have atomic breath too?

Pretty spot on.

Its unfortunate the most interesting human in the movie wasn't in the movie at all.
The dead scientist who supposedly became Godzilla's tail? and wanted revenge against Japan for fucking up and giving his wife a fatal radiation dose would've been way more interesting to follow than Public Service Truck man's middle management adventure. Or at the very least someone who knew him and maybe his wife.

I'm actually quite surprised the main character wasn't the scientists best friend/brother who both loved the same woman because Japan loves brooding cucked NTR plots

It's funny because a similar thing happened with that anime Godzilla movie trilogy that came out a little while back; the backstory they came up with for that world was inherently more compelling than the dumb shit the movies were about, following angry anime teen protagonist #3047 on his quest to an hero on Godzilla's chest.
If Toho does this again with their next movie at least we'll have a precedent now

Attached: 1559525268126.jpg (960x444, 26K)

How can anyone like the 2014 lol. Thing looks fat and juiced/roided as fuck.

I always feel like these plots are written backwards to accommodate the monster fights.

Godzilla movies can never be about Godzilla
Godzilla is always about some kids teenage's angst he can't get over to love his absentee war veteran father who can't come home to see him just yet.
and the kid always has to follow Godzilla around the world while he fights the alien dragon dinosaur Angstor and Godzilla can't win til the kid forgives his dad.

Human aligned Gigan fighting Godzilla across Asia while getting more and more heavily cyborgized during it would had been too kino.

Don't lie, you're totally gay for dad bod 2014 zilla

Eh, some of them have solid human drama. Mainly because they play into the kaiju conflict
GMK(pic related) follows some reporter girl working at a trashy TV station, her drive to become a real reporter and desire to support her military dad(who is off to fight Godzilla in a life or death situation) leads her right in the middle of all the action. Plus she's likeable and played by an actress with some level of charisma, so everything works. Combine that with genuinely entertaining monster fights, and pitch perfect thematic resonanceGodzilla in this one represents the threat of willful ignorance, there's multiple points in the film where people get fucked over when they're trying to forget what happened in the past and you got yourself a solid monster movie.

Attached: Skreeonk.jpg (2220x1080, 855K)

Imagine the smell

Which one is that? Sounds like a good watch

It has a ridiculously long name so most people abbreviate it to GMK.
"Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack".
I'm guessing it's meant to be an homage to older 50s/60s era monster movie titles, but damn it really is a mouthful

Attached: C3aX9W2.jpg (717x1012, 250K)

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack

Look at that face, Giant Otters are pretty much furry Heisei Godzilla.

Attached: tanoshii.jpg (640x428, 44K)

True.

Attached: DeFekJhU0AAQRBW.jpg (2000x1020, 352K)

>people getting mad at Shin's second half

How much of a brainlet can you be? The loaded language technobabble nonsense is meant to be just that, and if you're stuck on that then you're exactly what Anno was calling out.
AFTER the city was destroyed people really buckle down to solve the problem with their brains before the military tries to solve it with might. When the final scene of Godzilla's tail hits, you're supposed to realize you were just watching ants in an ant farm. They talk at a mile a minute and assemble a massive coordinated effort to stop Godzilla, then they all clap and say "We did it," but we know they didn't. We know humans could've never stopped Godzilla's attacks. We know Godzilla will never be stopped. Every generation egghead humans will yell about electrolizing the discombobulaters to stop [global issue], but, like Godzilla, the [global issue] just becomes less obvious but more deadly each time.
You're supposed to sit back and laugh like you're a parent watching your kids play supermarket

>It's supposed to be poorly written schlock.

Attached: mulIlI.jpg (590x523, 20K)

If that is what the artist meant to convey with the movie then I have to say they failed terribly.

Attached: 1476310469005.jpg (4606x4150, 3.85M)

Shin looks like a dildo

>you now realize that Godzilla is actually a hamster

Godzilla is such a dumb design. You just cant make it look real enough to make serious movie with it, it will always look stupid and cartoonish. I cant imagine this thing be real in any scenario.

So what is Goji's skin? Scales? Mammal skin? Or the road pavement?

Brief shot of Godzilla humanoids at the end of Shin >>>> anything Amurriclaps could ever come up with.

Goji berry skin of course.

t. dumb retard

i love anno's work, but i really gotta admit that the second half of shin was fucking boring and dumb as fuck, especially the final.

This is the best Ghidorah.

Attached: 1529400793002.png (1200x627, 1.07M)

Urobutchers anime Ghidorah hat some real potential and I liked the concept of some multidimensional Eldritch horror.
But damn was the animation lackluster.

Attached: ghidorah.jpg (913x506, 148K)

They should make a movie where all these Godzillas show up

What about a Showa, Heisei, Millennium and Legendary fight?

hee

Attached: IMG_20190602_213853.jpg (960x720, 77K)

Godzilla: Infinity War

More of him really should had showed up instead of just heads&necks.

Attached: King_Ghidorah_-_AniGoji_continuity_-_Infobox.jpg (1099x578, 261K)

More like into the Gojiverse.

>Alright, let's do this one last time. My name is Godzilla. I was woken by nuclear testing and for sixty years I've been the one and only King of the Monsters. I'm pretty sure you know the rest. I killed a bunch of people, destroyed a city, had a kid, and then I destroyed a city again and again and again... And, uh... I did this.
>[Gets dunked on by Charles Barkley]

Have sex

I once had a dream like that. Godzilla (2014) was stomping 'round town, but I wasn't worried because it's pretty easy to avoid something so big. Then a bunch of Godzilla (1998) showed up and personally hunted down people.

Pity we got Zilla instead of Stan Winston's

Attached: 13707440_609393472554335_1318675714_n.jpg (480x480, 41K)

Ghidorah should be "themselves." Cancel Monsterverse.

Thic

Attached: 1559132693190.jpg (660x1100, 209K)

>The nukes awaken him

Nukes are incorrect science, numbnuts. You realize Japan was nuked?

His design is fine. head is a bit small but that is a minor issue

Attached: gojira.jpg (2421x1377, 666K)

godzilla will never be this kino again

Attached: GVKG_-_King_Ghidorah_Bites_Godzilla.jpg (1150x775, 444K)

I think their mission statement for the anime was "make everything lame".

The face always looked too much like a duck to me. Same with the spinosaurus in JP3.

What is so bad about the anime? What happens?

The concept itself is fine, the execution is just shitty. The basic gist:

>Kaijus show up at some point in the not-too-distant future.
>Godzilla is the most powerful, and starts wrecking everyone's shit, human and kaiju alike.
>After every attempt to stop him fails, humanity decides to abandon Earth to Godzilla, and colonize another world.
>After thousands of years, they realize there's nothing out there, and running low on supplies, they have to return to Earth, and try to take it back from Godzilla.
>In the time they were gone, the entire planet has adapted to Godzilla, who is now the dominant species, and so all the plants and animals are deadly
>Godzilla has grown even bigger and more powerful since they've been gone.

I like the basic concept, and how bleak it is, but the animation is atrocious, the pacing is boring as shit, all the monsters' redesigns are really lame, and they make weird creative decisions, like making Mechagodzilla a city. If they had made this a live-action trilogy with better writing, and slightly more tradition creature designs, I'd be more on board with it.

1998 is better than all those fat fucks. DEX > STR

Attached: godzlla 1998.jpg (560x600, 67K)

Give him a suit and make him a satire of the average yuppie

Attached: 1545157749573.jpg (493x750, 171K)

Is this yo mama?

>118.5
i bet the .5 really makes a difference

Ignoring him getting rekt by Final Wars Godzilla, the bitch got tangled up in the Brooklyn Bridge, and killed by fucking jets. I feel like they had '14 G effortlessly smash through the Golden Gate Bridge just to make Zilla look like even more of a bitch.

Go away Emmerich

Don't forget
>best action scenes are left for prequel novels

They most fucking certainly did "create" him the sense he was a dinosaur living peacefully with what remained of his species who got blasted by Castle Bravo and transformed into an atomic monster

It legitimately was, but it wasn't Urobutcher's or the directors faults, they wanted to make something far more exciting but Toho themselves deliberately limited them.

>rewatch Godzilla(2014)
>desaturate to greyscale and give it 50% more contrast
it's pretty damn kino ngl

Attached: F7A6A3E4-48BD-4780-BCC0-1CEAB64189DD.gif (445x250, 2.32M)

Kek

I like it. He feels big and old and looks thicc as fuck

Fuck that eel motherfucker

Yo so what the fuck was going on with that tail? What the fuck were those alien people motherfuckers?

Ask your gf :^)

Goji was evolving to survive, next step of his evolution wouldve been humanoids because humans are OP as shit

How the fuck does an individual become humanoids? Wouldn’t it be more like having a bunch of funny-looking tiny smart kids?

>green
Good thing we dodged that bullet

Attached: 922601247.jpg (666x1000, 270K)

Canonically its not Godzilla, but “zilla”
He showed up in some comic book as a seperate character once.

How would Hollywood Adapt Ultraman?

LegendaryGoji > MogeGoji > KiryuGoji > MireGoji > SokogekiGoji > BatoGoji > FinalGoji > ShinGoji > BioGoji > 84Goji > RadoGoji > GyakushuGoji > KingGoji > MosuGoji > ShodaiGoji > MegaroGoji > SoshingekiGoji > DaisensoGoji > MusukoGoji

I agree. 2019 Godzilla is pretty fucking good character design

Top tier
>2019
>1984
Mid tier
>1991
>2001
>1974
Original tier
>1954
Thicc tier
>2016

Poorly.

Attached: 1559502240654.jpg (424x382, 79K)

>Top tier
>1984

Attached: 84.jpg (1000x750, 142K)

the cambrian was a weird time my man

And give him X ray vision.

Attached: le excited redditor.png (604x554, 14K)

Yes, thank you.

Attached: 1524489947231.jpg (1229x692, 124K)

It’s godzilla perfected on the Japanese side.

Attached: 5D0BC65E-3A74-4C1E-B192-28049B18A353.jpg (330x330, 15K)

It’s perfect. He looks like a mountain of power.

Attached: 84.jpg (1000x750, 171K)

>Zilla going on a picnic with his qt

This picture is fucking awesome.

been long since I've read a correct opinion on Yea Forums

hive mind, like those gnats that ate Godzilla in Hell. But then again come on, Shin was breaking laws of nature with everything

Peak Japanese Godzilla. Not to try hard real and scary, not too fake.

Although the monster design of young Godzilla at the beginning of 2016 was pretty cool.

Attached: 54EAE170-54F6-473A-86AB-9BC48D2CD665.jpg (415x739, 21K)

yes I believe that is what he (correctly) said

Attached: 1401207452104.webm (1280x688, 2.93M)

Three tomahawk missiles tops would kill one of these.

Attached: g84-thumb.jpg (400x360, 135K)

This Poster '84 > Actual '84

Attached: h66cMKz4DrOIAP3WHiblBTUHTGCC9WX47yC1MNAKVo8.jpg (900x770, 120K)

incorrect

Attached: 1491005788551.webm (958x402, 2.95M)

based Ultraman, i don't remember anything about it because i was too young and retarded, but i remember a chink with a stick that got big and fought monsters

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: kingvsgod.png (800x473, 854K)

That is about the size of it.

Attached: Ultraman kills Godzilla.webm (640x486, 2.89M)

is this achieveable natty?

I really, really liked 1994

Attached: LUNAR SAD.gif (432x240, 2.45M)

>you are already dead
based chinks

Attached: 1456203258931.webm (480x360, 2.82M)

Attached: 1455687903804.webm (640x480, 2.13M)

top tier special effects

>manofsteel.exe

>Moon gif
wtf user you're cool

Attached: 1555046504209.webm (500x374, 2.77M)

stop trying to make it """realistic""" with shitloads of textures and design cues from real animals
KEEP design cues more from the original

The cybot is good, the costume was the problem

Other way around

Attached: 1984.Gojira.720p.ac3.CG.avi_snapshot_00.37.34_[2017.01.29_01.36.19].jpg (1280x688, 43K)

He's a big guy

Attached: 1559201887796.jpg (507x604, 59K)

reminds me of this

Attached: 1559547045227.webm (404x720, 1013K)

I wonder how tall King G is as of 2019, considering Godzilla is bigger too

>incorrect science
They sure seemed to work just fine on japan.

WTF

Attached: recoil.gif (320x180, 822K)

There are plenty of bad Godzilla movies.

HE HASN'T SEEN SHIN GODZILLA AHAHAHAHAHA

I wonder what Godzilla actually smells like.

Attached: 1457031339368.webm (480x360, 2.59M)

I hate how they make this incredible buildup for Ghidorah and when he actually shows it's just a stationary space noodle

Attached: Ultraman-vs-Godzilla.webm (640x480, 2.84M)

Like saltwater and copper

>walks two steps
>turns around
>head falls off

Gar as fuck.

Where my Showa niggas at?

Attached: Godzilla-Flying-godzilla-39997241-500-208.gif (500x208, 868K)

Attached: y4nvb1eljz131.jpg (621x990, 159K)

Do we all agree the middle head is a girl?

Attached: Godzilla_King_of_the_Monsters_Ghidorah_poster_Clear_keyart.jpg (2000x2964, 570K)

Oh boy is it already summer?

Attached: file.png (680x512, 402K)

The Netflix anime has a great modern design, would be cool if they went with it

I love his crazy retarded eyes

Attached: The.Return.Of.Godzilla.1984.BDRip.x264-PAST.mkv_snapshot_00.34.18_[2019.06.02_18.57.24].jpg (720x390, 131K)

Stop Motion puppet > Poorly paid actor in monster suit > CGI

>Iron Man derivative

yeah get fucked, I knew that awful piece of shit was going to open the floodgates to zoomers like you who think the real Ultraman is old garbage despite you never watching a single fucking thing from the franchise before Shitflix.

Attached: DiSURqEUcAA4NRA.jpg (1200x900, 63K)

fuckin brutal

unrated modern ultraman film when?

So Godzilla is an edgelord with wallet chains?

reporting in

Attached: Rod31.jpg (1345x542, 108K)

You are projecting hard.

Prove me wrong you zoomer rat. Why does your generation have this inclination to seek out old franchises for the sole purposes of corrupting them to your warped views?

That's, like, his stomach plug on the ground back there.
You don't see that every day.
I mean, that doesn't really even seem possible if you think about it, with body organs and cartilage
and bones and, I mean, I'm no doctor, but it was like one clean chunk.

You sound like a zoomer yourself trying too hard to fit in. There's no need to put on a show buddy.

Attached: __godzilla_mothra_and_mothra_godzilla_king_of_the_monsters_and_etc_drawn_by_matarou0625__61fd44fde83 (4093x2894, 3.11M)

Bros I want to fuck a moth

Yes, he's like that because he was bullied as a child. He's entire life turned into chaos and delinquency, fortunately, his son birth made him walk straight.

Do these people draw Ghidorah as three people or something?

Do they gangrape Mothra?

you will never rejuvenate our self in mothra’s warm orgasmic glow knowing she has your back in the big Kaiju fight when all the other monsters turned on you

Am I the only one who likes the 1998 Godzilla? Every other Godzilla design looks like a hambeast.

Attached: 1280-godzilla-1998-1526924009600_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

It's just a T-Rex bro

Yeah

Attached: y4nvb1eljz131.jpg (1334x990, 233K)

1998? There was no Godzilla that year.

MECHA ANGUIRUS WHEN

post more cute

It started life as a KR fanfic

For the longest time I thought Rodan was a girl

Godzilla adapts, its found mankind to be the biggest threat so ita trying to copy it

Just finished Shin Godzilla. Was fucking great.

Scariest Godzilla by far. Granted I've not seen many movies

It's a boring yet okay take on the character. It's really missing the charm of the original.

rubber

Imagine being this much of a brainlet.

She's not a good Godzilla design, but she's a good monster in her own right.

KiryuGoji is great. FinalGoji is fucking terrible. Possibly the worst.

Underrated post right here.

Attached: 1534489530680.gif (300x225, 1.75M)