How the hell to you explain this?

Attached: verse.jpg (1000x1000, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOO8Um_jmLI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=igkWxr9ybnE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=osgBUXz_D3w
youtu.be/S9rx5902fu0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's no adequate explanation other than a review hitjob. All issues in the new movie don't qualify the ridiculous reaction critics are giving it.

Only these who liked previous movies decided to watch new one. Which explains why it is flopping now. If Godzilla2 makes 68% of 1st one it will be the reason.

>the more the balding, neckbearded (((blue checkmarks))) hate it the more the audience score goes up

Really made me think, stellar post OP

Was there anything in the newest Godzilla that was as cool as the halo jump scene from the first one?

>Kong Skull Island that high
That movie was actually awful though. Like worse than KOTM in ever single way. The amount of anger I had when Toby Kebbel's character died and rendered half the films whole plot useless was enormous

It was bad.

>doesn’t push faggotry
>doesn’t push race mixing
>doesn’t push stronk womyn
>doesn’t push all white men are evil
>doesn’t even have a Jewish hero

Wow, I wonder why the (((critics))) hate it so much?

It was better at fights regarding just being straight shot instead of switching between human POV and shit.

I honestly dont get it, its better than 2014.

Not really. The fights weren't even as good regardless, and besides for John C Reilly's character, the human cast was worse than KOTM. Not too mention the amount of gimmicky shots in the movie

Literally political.
>Pic related, a white woman, unleashes hell on earth because of some eco-terrorist motives.
>PoC sacrificed himself instead of a white male.
>white male present

Attached: MV5BMTM3NzMwNTc1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE2ODU2OA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg (214x317, 10K)

>the joos!
Please leave this board and never return.

Critics generally hate anything dumb but good and entertaining.
Fans liked it more.

why do marvel films get passes for being smooth brain entertainment?

The fact that I didn’t say anything about Jews but your mind instantly went to them is far more telling than anything I posted

Difference between the chosen and the goyim

>saying this in 2019
Get with the times

Rodan
Mothra
King Ghidorah
Burning Godzilla

KOTM was slightly better than 2014, but Skull Island is easily the best of the three

Skull Island was pretty dumb. Especially Tom with the Blade scene.

Rodan chasing the planes and flying at Ghidorah
Pretty much every time Ghidorah is on screen

>rotten tomatoes
Why do people still trust modern movie reviewers for anything, according to them Black Panther is one of the best movies ever made when it’s capeshit like all of the other marvel and DC movies.

Sort of, it had great monster fights and shots but nothing as creative as the Halo jump or the Nuclear Breath execution.

You literally did the ((())) thing you fucking moron.

Honestly BP is worse then a lot of other capeshit

I think the (((critics))) heard Yea Forums was hyped for this movie.

Just got back from seeing this. Whatever issues critics are lobbing against it have to be overblown. I'm not a Godzilla fanatic, I disliked 2014, I gave this one a chance hoping for a monster spectacle and received it in spades. The dialogue and human screentime wasn't nearly as egregious as I saw it mentioned as being on Yea Forums, either. I dont give numbers, but as a blockbuster summer flick, I liked it.

They pander to people who want

You were singing their praise last week when they praised reddit wick 3

The new godzilla film focuses on awesome monster battles and only pays lipservice to the jews with a thin global warming narrative

This cannot be allowed in our current age of strong diversity.

If they want good reviews, godzilla would have come out as a trans kaiju.

>wasn't nearly as egregious
how the fuck wasn't it?

I give it a GENEROUS 70% human drama with only 30% monster CGI where most of it is just flashes off the monster in the ocean or in the sky

Yeah I actually thought about half the human cast was interesting and the other half was not.

But another thing is the monsters are just as much part of the storytelling and cast as the people so them being pushed aside as some sort of background spectacle by reviewers is maximum autism

FUCK CRITICS BUNCH OF NO TASTE NIGGERS

BUT KOTM NEEDED MORE MONSTERS AND LESS PEOPLE

ALWAYS LESS PEOPLE, LIKE NONE LMAO

ALSO THE MONSTERS SHOULD BE IN IMAX 3D, LIKE THE FIRST TWO MOVIES
FUCKING IMAX 2D-ONLY RELEASE, IDIOTS WHAT COMPELS SUCH RETARDATION

I was surprised how much I liked the human cast. Watching everything aboard the Argo made me want to see them do G-Force immediately.

>70/30
That's... actually fantastic for any godzilla movie. How you think that is an insult is beyond me

Regardless of the issues this movie undeniably has, there's no way in hell it's a legitimate 4/10 especially when Ant-Man and the Wasp is sitting at an 8.8/10 and TLJ is unironically at 9.1/10. Either Disney movies are given a pass or something about this movie in particular upsets reviewers but not general audiences.

Fuck Yea Forums, honestly this board is fucking shit. It's so clear that the majority of people haven't seen the film and are just regurgitating "lmao critics don't know anything xDDDD"

The movie was fucking awful. There is like two scenes I can consider fights and I'll even throw half a scene in there for when Ghidorah absolutely blows Rodan the fuck out in literally under a minute. Then the finale fight where Burning Godzilla goes up against Ghidorah? Anything cool happen where Godzilla beats Ghidorah up? Oh, no? He just fucking DBZ's up some retarded aura a couple of times and then Ghidorah goes down. What a shitty finale.

King of the Monsters is a video game Saturday morning soulless cartoon. The other two are aesthetically-pleasing motion pictures.

>Featuring a fair amount of monstrous action sequences/character development (For both gender and diversity
Who are you trying to fool you tasteless reddit pleb?

>All issues in the new movie don't qualify the ridiculous reaction critics are giving it.
It's like the reviews Rocketman is getting. Critics are embarrassed about giving Bohemian Rhapsody the thumbs up. Godzilla is 2 stars at best.

do you mean like a super bounce in halo 2?

Rocketman is amazing though, fuck off

Seriously, how does anyone on Earth take RT critics seriously at this point? Pic very related

Attached: F3AB36E8-DE49-47D8-86BD-16A7130A5359.jpg (1125x1630, 327K)

godzila IS circucized in the new series

I haven’t been on the website since 2016 because of how critics have started reviewing things over the past decade, even metacritic is barely reliable now. Never watched any John Wick movies so you’re wrong about me individually

It's kind of mediocre user.

I really wanted to love it. It feels like the Pacific Rim Uprising to Godzilla 2014.

I'm hoping there is a director's cut, and that the additional 50 minutes isn't 50 minutes more of the garbage human characters. Some more kaiju action with less human interference would be great.

And yet Pacific Rim features WAY more fighting while balancing the human drama better

What I will never understand are the reviews saying that the movie have too much fighting...we only have fast edits of people dodging debris with background sounds and monster body parts moving

Pacific Rim isn't Godzilla you fucking moron

WHY DON’T THE CWITICS LIKE MY BIG FIGHT MONSTER MOVIE!!!!11

Attached: A3B326A4-F3E1-4D49-8B62-E2675A769E28.jpg (1680x1050, 392K)

mad mad fury road is great I'll give them that though. I had a friend say that if you didn't like Black Panther that you were racist lol, America is fucked beyond repair

isn't the whole thing about climate change boogeyman

audibly kek'd at this. these monster kiddies are seething because they know their kino is inferior to our capekino

Yeah, one is great and the other is shit.

Godzilla and co. felt far more present as entities throughout the entire film. In 2014, I remember waiting for about an hour for Godzilla to even show up, watching the screen pan to his face, then cutting away. In this one, Mothra starts the show, Godzilla waves his dick in everybody's face warning them not to fuck with him, Game of Thrones guy and team make menacing overtures before a giant frozen three-headed dragon, and monsters shortly thereafter begin exploding out of the earth. When the humans come into play, it is either to discuss monster vitals, planning for the use of weapons to kill monsters, exploring lost underwater monster cities, or screaming in the midst of an actual ongoing monster fight of which we finally get to see action. The Silicon Valley guy and his dumb humor wasn't needed, but it didn't kill the film either.

That's a shill trying to get you to watch this feminist piece of trash
>Godzilla: King of the Monsters “might be one of the first Godzilla that passes the Bechdel test,” said Farmiga. The Bechdel test refers to the requirements laid out by Alison Bechdel in a 1985 comic: a movie should have two (or more!) women in it who talk to each other about something besides a man. Simple, no? You’d think so.

>Apples are better than Oranges

Yes.

Climate change, so worst mom must unleash "titans" to wipe out humanity since she is assmad about her son getting stepped on like a toddler sized ketchup packet.

finally a good post

nice ellipses retard

Rocketman did wonderfully with their music and the lead's acting and song performances. The writing seems to assume liking Elton as the only likable elements of him in the movie are his flamboyancy and pity due to his troubles. Hell, the upshot at the end is just a praising of his aesthetic.

Godzilla LotS can be enjoyed by non-fans but it seems Rocketman was written purely for fans.

Ah, the Argo, the plane that never refuels and can be anywhere in moments, and always with an excellent view of the proceedings and/or framed film shots on the monitors. A microcosm of the idiocy that plagues this movie.

>hating on the USS Exposition
There's nothing wrong with anything you said

THEY ARE LITERALLY ALL THE SAME BECAUSE THEY ARE ONLY WORTH A SINGLE SHIT FOR THE MONSTER FIGHTS

WE NEED A SUPERCUT OF ALL 3 MOVIES, JUST THE MONSTERS, IN IMAX 3D

I was looking at this earlier today also and I really don't understand why the difference in scores either. Like 2019 is most definitely better then 2014 and the audience score agrees with that but why is there such a drop in the critics score. There's no explanation for it. The movie obviously isn't the greatest thing ever but in no way deserves such a shit score. The only explanation is conspiracy theory shit with Disney paying for low scores but that just sounds crazy but at the same time the only thing that makes sense

Attached: 1553457826052.jpg (900x900, 154K)

Planes can refuel in the air you fucking retard.

>64 / 3 / 38 / 1

Its Kino, some of the best action I've seen in years. Scratched that itch perfectly and I would recommend it to anyone who likes monsters or big epic sequences. I'm convinced the negativity from both Critics and some posters here are part of some kind of hitjob. Welcome to 2020's corporate warefare everyone.

Not really. The message (what little there is) is more about moderation. On one extreme is Admiral Stentz and the USA trying to kill all the titans and wipe them out, and on the other end is Emma and the Eco-Lannister trying to crush civilization. Ken Watanabe represents a coexistence with nature where both can survive and benefit each other. If you take that with the fact that it’s a super silly, corny Godzilla movie it’s no real mystery why critics hate it. I think the general public enjoys it because it doesn’t really push anything crazy and it’s very visually entertaining.

The Bechdel is a fucking joke with the loosest set of rules to where Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch and Suicide Squad passed it. Your film can basically pass even if you have 2 women in sling-shot bikinis talking to each other about anything besides getting dick filmed from a downward angle

Attached: 1556936671439.jpg (540x537, 58K)

Can we talk about how great this cover is?
youtube.com/watch?v=lOO8Um_jmLI

The Rodan sequence alone was better than anything in 2014.

critics are just paid assassins

>anything besides getting dick
LMAO WHY

ITS LITERALLY THEIR ONLY PURPOSE AND DEEP DOWN THEY ALL KNOW IT :^)

88% disagree with 40%
That's a good explanation

Kys namefag

Both Godzilla 2014 and Kong are shot like a real movie instead of the kiddy PS2 game that we got with KOTM. Christ, what a massive disappointment.

Attached: 1b547ef.jpg (2880x1200, 297K)

>first movie kills Cranston
>sequel kills Watanabe
You idiots. Now you're out of good actors to carry the human segments.

Because you guys wouldn't play ball with the PC selection of movies so now critics are PAID by the bastards who are shilling this kind of shit to dunk hard on any movie that isn't hard core PC if you really think this shit doesn't happen just remember companies CAN and HAVE bribed your fucking critics of all kinds of platforms from movies to games.

Welcome to 2019 folks were every single fucking day is a new battlefield you didn't ask for.

Attached: 1458854905631.jpg (600x579, 69K)

Is it just me or did all thee people praising and defending 2014 Godzilla in its entirety come out of fucking nowhere?

god its so fucking bland looking

Cranston was there just to sucker people in to the kaiju craze at the height of Breaking Bad like how Millie Brown and Charles Dance were to sucker the same people again to watch the sequel at the height of GoT and Stranger Things.

BUT THE CASTING IS BASICALLY ALL WOMEN AND COLOREDS, PRETTY PC

THE CRITICS ARE JUST DUMB NIGGERS

The twins will be the new face of Monarch. I just they're good together.
>they will put Millie and the dad as the face in GvK

Serizawa’s time was up, anyways. We all know what happened to the last guy with that name.

Yeah they did. Everyone on Yea Forums was calling it shit not even a week ago.

>(((critics)))

Absolutely they did. KotM is amazing and people are going to great lengths to hate on it now.

I like 2014, but KOTM also blows it out of the water.

BTW, is 2016 worth watching? Forgot to get around to it back then.

It unironically took me until the end of the movie to realize what the twins meant.

Attached: 3387354F-C722-4F45-AF6A-879541D5D8DC.jpg (250x250, 23K)

It's always has been a divisive movie.

>Bechdel test
>feminist
Retard, Bechdel test isn't some quota to fulfill every complaint mustered up by Andrea Dworkin. Would you say Showgirls was a "feminist" movie? Because that fucking passed it. I swear capeshit is rotting your brains.

Attached: 1551819102126.png (188x264, 77K)

KONG WAS ONE OF THE BEST IMAX 3D MOVIES OF ITS YEAR
PARTICULARLY BECAUSE OF THE VIETNAM MASHUP WITH THE HUEYS

G 2014 WAS ALSO GREAT IN IMAX 3D BUT TOO DARK

KOTM..... NO IMAX 3D
ONLY 2D

FUCKING IDIOTS, WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT ARE YOU SAVING THE 3D FOR ROMCOMS? EAT SHIT WB FUCK YOU YES I MAD

>muh conspiracy theory!
i wonder what other ridiculous things a tripfag like you believes in.

So it's good in IMAX 3D? Cuz that's my only option for premium screens

>giant monsters beating the shit outta each other is dumb brainless schlock

>movies about people in cgi spandex fighting a big purple space man over sparkly magical space rocks is kino cinema and the modern equivalent of classic greek myth.

"critics" need to be gassed

3D is a total meme. Imax 2D is superior.

Yeah 2016 is really good and it's in alot of people's top 10 Godzilla movies, the only people who don't like it our people who have some weird deep hatred for evangelion

Attached: ueu2r6i1y8a21.jpg (640x672, 54K)

Rodan can taking a beating.

3D ruins the experience. I go to IMAX for clarity, not nausea

IF YOUR IMAX SCREEN IS PROPERLY HUGE AND NOT A LIEMAX YES

USA GOT A 2D-ONLY IMAX RELEASE OF KOTM

Attached: imaxscreens.gif (500x364, 11K)

(((Disney))) started bribing critics.

>Rodan is fighting Mothra
>She stabs him in the shoulder at the last minute, incapacitating him until the end of the movie
What is it with Rodan and ALWAYS jobbing to secondary characters?

Read some of the critics. A bunch gave it 0s and 1s I cant think of any movie Ive seen that deserved a 0 or 1.

The movie is shit, what are you talking about?

NAUSEA FROM IMAX 3D IS BRAIN PROBLEMS

ARE YOU A GLASSES FAG, GET LASIK NERD

Paddington 2 is the top rated movie on rt. This list is trash.

The only people who I know that liked 2014 were not really Godzilla fans to begin with. They never watched the older films. At most they saw 1998 and maybe 2000.

It's not Oscar bait or social justice weirdo propaganda. That's why

anyone got the screenshot of the critic that called this movie's plot convoluted but gave Endgame the bill of health for it's time traveling convolution?

Bechdel test was never meant as an actual test for quality, it was just to make a point.

I thought King of Monsters was absolutely unironically kino. There were some really breathtaking shots that made me grip my seat, like the King Ghidorah shot on top of the mountain, literally every scene with Mothra, and when Ken Watanabe walks up the stairs to basically sacrifice himself to bring Godzilla back.

I think a lot of us are in the honeymoon phase bros.

I think you're a mouse shill bro.

>Godzilla and Serizawa look at each other one last time before the warhead detonates
>Serizawa says ”Goodbye...old friend” in Japanese[/spoilers]
Scenes women could never understand.

Well, it's one person playing the twins, so I imagine they'll have chemistry.
I suppose. Plus, when you have an old actor, they could go at any moment and you have to have your next movie deal with a shitty off-screen death, so at least his character had a satisfying end.

Went to see it in SHowcase Cinema X-Plus in 3D, it was pretty dope. I think 3d layering helped a lot with all the smoke/snow/rain effects I hear people complaining about. Looked very good and monster roars in Dolby Atmos were fucking sick.

Godzilla 2014 was basically just a higher production value of the japanese movies. It was a faithful take on Godzilla

I've seen it twice now, and honestly I liked it even better the second time. I do get the complaints people have with it, but I just found it to be a very fun movie.

It's cool. They had tons of easter eggs.
>maser cannons
>Steven Martin
>infant island
>The twins
>infant island picture being on the year Mothra released
>Dr. Serizawa and his death
>oxygen destroyer
>destroy all monsters sign
>Rodan comes out of a volcano
>burning Godzilla
>Monster Zero name

Attached: 1559457487500.jpg (576x432, 49K)

Go ahead and give an explanation. I'm all ears and clearly open for anything.

this

on par with the death of heisei Godzilla

Kong Island > KOTM > Godzilla

Anyone who disputes this is a moron.

3D POST CONVERSIONS USED TO SUCK, BUT NO LONGER THEY ARE QUITE GOOD NOW

LAYERING IS HUGE, IT GIVES A WINDOWING DEPTH EFFECT AT MINIMUM

WHEN THEY REALLY PUT WORK INTO IT SOME SET PIECES HAVE HUGE POP OUT EFFECT WHICH UTTERLY CHANGES THE EXPERIENCE
IF YOU GO SEE THE 2D VERSION AFTER THE SAME SCENES LOOK FLAT AND LIFELESS

2D IS FUCKING OBSOLETE, ANY EVEN REMOTELY VISUALS BASED MOVIE SHOULD RELEASE IN IMAX 3D
WHATEVER FUCKING MORON DECIDED TO RELEASE KOTM IMAX 2D-ONLY NEEDS HIS ASS WOOPED

It's a stupid video game "movie" for retards. There, explained.

How in the fuck is Kong good?
>Plot is literally pointless and goes nowhere
>characters aren't only bad, but are wasted potential
>The fights are incredibly uninspired
>Mainly uses Skullcrawlers, when all of the side monsters have 100 times the character and personality
>Those FP shots are garbage
>Soundtrack is tacky

Doesn't explain the success of marvel bullshit and the praise of exactly what they criticize in Godzilla, nor does it explain their more even handed views of Skull Island and 2014.

People were pretty favorable about the 2014 movie when it came out.

>marvel bad because nu.tv told me bad

lol

Imagine actually thinking this
It's not some big conspiracy, the movie just sucks. The abysmal plot takes up majority of the movie and it's horrible. And before you go, "just watch it for the fights bro, turn your le brain off"
No!
"It's supposed to be bad" is not an excuse.

If you watch a Godzilla movie for anything other than the fights you’re bound for disappointment.

That stranger things kid was unbearable. everytime she was on screen it made me cringe, that ducking accent Jesus christ

They both suck, but this board is full of WB and Disney shills that we get too many dumbasses here and actual discussion is impossible.

My friend is a big Rodan fan, and I was expecting him to complain about Rodan getting the shaft, but he was satisfied just getting the scene with him wrecking the planes.
I guess Rodan fans learned to curb their enthusiasm.

credits are puppets

>No!
cringe

Did I ever say Marvel was bad? Noting there is stupid bullshit in the Marvel series doesn't mean you hate them.
Talk to me as a person rather than whatever stereotype you want to think I am. Else yo y waste both our times.

>It's bad, that's the reason
It clearly isn't and that's why the issue comes about.

Because, with a few exceptions like Thor 2, the plot in superhero movies are at least bearable and I like more than one of the characters.

>No!
WHY NO
ALL THESE MOVIES ONLY EXIST FOR THE MONSTER FIGHTS

AND YOU DONT NEED TO TURN YOUR LE BRAIN OFF EITHER
YOU CAN PROPERLY APPRECIATE MONSTER FIGHTS WITHIN THEIR CATEGORY ON A TECHNICAL AND CREATIVE LEVEL

CUT ALL THE PEOPLE SHIT FROM THE 3 MOVIES, GLUE THE THE MONSTER PARTS TOGETHER AND PUT IT UP ON A GIANT SCREEN IN 3D

It's a worse movie than the other two.

>Thinking the kaiju aren't characters themselves
This is why anyone shitting on characters are wrong, they fundamentally don't understand what they fuck they're talking about

Wow, today's tripfags are so retarded they don't even read their own posts.

It clearly is bad though.

Which is the same with KotM, so you need to explain yourself better.

The first two are good and the third one is bad. I don't see what there is to explain.

You gotta see the one critic that gave 2019 a 2 but gave 1998 a 4 like wtf

Well there's the fact that Kong is the worst, and KOTM is easily the best

>AND YOU DONT NEED TO TURN YOUR LE BRAIN OFF EITHER
>YOU CAN PROPERLY APPRECIATE MONSTER FIGHTS WITHIN THEIR CATEGORY ON A TECHNICAL AND CREATIVE LEVEL

Yet half the movie isn't monster fights, and those parts are atrociously made, and you still have to turn your brain off. Explain to me how sonic waves propagate around the world instantaneously.

You’re a fucking retard. 2014 was a faithful reimagining of the 1954 film. I know plenty of Godzilla fans who liked it.

I even heard about the shit critic reviews on the news

2014=OG
2019=All the sequels

THE SOLUTION IS A SUPERCUT OF JUST THE MONSTER FIGHTS

OTHERWISE SITTING THROUGH THE PEOPLE BULLSHIT IS STILL WORTH THE MAIN ATTRACTION ON A MASSIVE SCREEN AND SOUND SYSTEM

FOR THE ADDON QUESTION LETS GO WITH SOME BULLSHIT LIKE IT VIBRATES THE EARTHS CORE AND THEY HAVE SUPER MONSTER SENSES

Seems like the audience disagrees. Hence the creation of this conspiracy narrative, the current audience score, and the individual praise on kaiju sites and here.
You can see for yourself that it is better than 2014 and responds to the problems people had in 2014 but regardless the criticism is slanted against it to what seems like an exaggerated level or is an about face from what they say about 2014 or other pop culture action movies.

You have it backwards. Kong is good, Godzilla 2014 is just ok, and KOTM is awful.

>Steven Martin
Where was this? I must have missed it.

>If you watch a Godzilla movie for anything other than the fights
Then why is 70% of the movie not fights?

Attached: 1557740701445.png (940x1039, 691K)

Kong is a genuinely mediocre movie. One of the few things that drive me crazy in movies and can ruin them is bad editing, and Kong had that is spades, along with just a terrible story/characters

MONEY PROBABLY

BUT THAT JUST MEANS DUMP THE NAMED ACTORS AND SPEND MORE ON CGI

Credits. One of the newspapers is clearly written by a Steven Martin.

KOTM doesn’t deserve the hate but it’s definitely the weakest of the 3. 2014 was a better intense film with wonderful visuals and bringing Godzilla to life. Kong was the better “fun” monster movie balancing action and human drama with the human characters actually being somewhat entertaining.
KOTM has Rodan, Mothra, and KG wrecking shit with Godzilla along with some tributes to the old films, which is cool, but that’s the only thing it has over the other 2. Pandering.

How the fuck is the movie so long but have such few fight scenes? At least the first shitty Godzilla movie had an uninterrupted fight with the Muto at the end. In this one we get all four monsters fighting intercut with footage of stranger things screaming at friday night lights.

So fucking stupid.

>stupid video game "movie"
Marvel is the epitome of video game movie. What, you the third act was with puppets?

People like to call it sequalitis

m.youtube.com/watch?v=igkWxr9ybnE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=osgBUXz_D3w

I agree. And both those films do a good job in those regards.

I know right. I seriously hate it when they start catering to pedophiles.

shit tier opinions

>wasn't there when the rotten tomatoes scores for Orville went up after Disney bought Fox

saying "da joos" when mocking someone hating jews is only proof that you're fearful of saying negative things about them, thus proving the original point correct

otherwise you would just say "the jews did it hurr"

The first two episodes of The Orville are objectively bad in every way. These episodes are what the season was reviewed off of, as reviewers only get a few episodes before a season airs. But the time The Orville actually became decent, all the reviews had been written. New reviews were not to be written until the second season. This isn't even that complicated.

God this is so true.

Too much shitty human element. For gods sake just way too much

>whole movie the dumb netflix cunt is held against her will by eco terrorists
>literally walks out the front door of their stronghold with the monster google translate device with zero consequence

BRAVO

Attached: 1551761919215.png (500x775, 409K)

Yeah, the way most TV series are reviewed is awful. It has to be something with a ton of groundswell like Breaking Bad or GoT for individual episodes to be reviewed.
It's basically judging a book by its cover.

>few fight scenes
When wasn't there a fight scene?
>opening/mom waking
>getting the dad
>deliberating in Castle Bravo/spooky Godzilla scene
>on flight leaving Antarctica/mom Skype call
>Seatopia/serizawa dies
>arrival of Mothra
>Millie arguing
>Millie escaping the terrorists

All of these are very small segments. Meanwhile the battles took up the majority of the movie.
>raiding the Mothra base
>Antarctica kaiju fight
>Antarctica gunfight
>Rodan appearance/chase
>Godzilla/Ghidorah in the water
>short cuts to Washington and Ghidorah's storm
>Ghidorah v. Millie
>All kaiju in Boston

The movie has its story wrapped it's story around the monster fights, making the monsters more of their own characters in the movie and evading the common Godzilla movie issue of having separate monster scenes and human scenes.

Attached: 1559409882276.jpg (2700x4200, 822K)

>netflix cunt is held against her will by eco terrorists
nikka she was one of them

Pretty sure she was a terrorist, too. Also it just makes the ending more stupid because why is the army actively looking for the terrorist daughter of the dad? Her and her mom are responsible for millions of deaths

>Doesn't even have a jewish hero

Every fight scene is interrupted by the worst aspect of these movies. We never get a payoff for all the build up. Hell, even all those moments you listed are cheapened because we have to continuously see them happen from the point of view of shitty characters.

I hate this fucking franchise so much. There are good movies there ruined by the need for mass appeal in casting.

that's literally the whole point of a book cover though. to get you to look at the book and pick it up.

Rodan was only in the movie to set him up as a candidate for a possible spinoff. They wanted to do a whole cinematic universe with each major kaiju getting its own movie. Of course now they'll be lucky if they even manage to get vs Kong out the door.

>point of view of shitty characters.
The humans in this aren't even that bad

Critics are puppets

Critics hated KOTM because it's in part about a broken white family that heals in the face of adversity.

2016 is, how could you even say 2014 is anything like 54? It's like you don't even understand what made 54 good or even the basic qualities of it? 2014 was nothing like 54.

>HUMANS ARE BAD MONSTERS GOOD
>I HATE GODZILLA CUZ HE KILLED MY SON
>LOL I'M THE COMIC RELIEF GUYS BUT NEVER SAY ANYTHING FUNNY LMAOOO
>I'M THE MILITARY PERSON WHO KN-
>NO I KNOW BETTER
>IM JAPANESE
>NO MOM U ARE THE DEMONS

Attached: c2d.jpg (663x579, 38K)

2019>Kong>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>reimagining
Try to keep up

Haven't seen Kong or the new Godzilla but Monsterverse Godzilla 1 sucked ass. Too much focus on a shit human storyline with had acting and nameless random boring OC monsters

The way that Godzilla is presented to the audience with the buildup and atmosphere absolutely was inspired by 54

Do you know anything?

Are you fucking retarded. How the hell would that work

RODAN IS BASED CUS HE FLIES

AND WHEN HE SWOOPS LOW IT SENDS OUT A LAVA SHOCKWAVE THAT TORCHES EVERYTHING

WHAT A BADASS

ALSO MOTHRA IS A DUMB BITCH STUPID MOTH SLUT

Attached: oo.gif (224x255, 827K)

Rodan pls go

youtu.be/S9rx5902fu0
Are you the victim of a recent blow to the head?

>that heals

When did this happen in the movie?

t. Rodan

critics can't stand the sight of a hot woman at their prime
audiences, tought subconsciously, love it

Attached: 1558752657498.jpg (750x937, 66K)

the car scene with the parents and the black guy. "If you two were my parents I'd run away too". It's minimal but it's a monster movie

Can we talk about how for the past year Yea Forums has been saying MBB was ugly now yet in this movie she was super cute?

Jesus I don't know, maybe that little coincidental scene that I'm sure had no symbolism whatsoever, where Emma and Mark put aside their conflicting ambitions to save their daughter and wind up embracing in the fucking wreckage of their old home?
This as well. Do try to keep up.

Oh. I guess I was thinking it's not like you can fill up on the highway.

Kong: Skull Island > Godzilla: King of Monsters > Every movie ever made > Godzilla (2014) > Batman Vs Superman

No they hate it cause environmentalists are bad guys.

This movie like most Godzilla films has an environmentalist message.However it also warns against extreme actions that would harm humanity.

Godzilla had major scenes in the first and second act in addition to the third. They didn't scout for MUTO's or follow him swimming and finally see him at the end like in 2014. 2016 actually recreates alot of the buildup and atmosphere in genuine ways. The government's response is pretty important in the first act of 54 as well. I don't seriously understand how you can say it is similar to 2014 in any conceivable way besides just enjoying the buildup and atmosphere and wanting to extrapolate that to 54. 54 was nothing like JAWS which 2014 was clearly inspired by. I would go as far to say 2014 is as antithical to 54 as you can possibly get in this series. I won't even go into the characterization of Godzilla.
Fancy way of saying nothing like it, but people will insist the loosest of threads means they are real similar.

Had a friend explain the twin thing to me, didn't even catch that there were two different girls

>environmentalists are bad guys

The environmentalists get exactly what they want in the end and the monsters immediately start healing the planet. The newspaper montage at the end is clearly celebrating the reign of the monsters.

The tone, visuals, and buildup are clearly inspired by 54. Gareth has admitted as much. You may not like the movie but you're disingenuous to say that the movie isn't at least attempting to be faithful, and autistic to think those who like it aren't "real" godzilla fans.

They fix a few areas at the cost of hundreds of thousands of lives. They may get a portion of what they want but they are still the bad guys for the mass murder,

movie was shot a year and a half ago. she's beyond salvation now

The stupidest shit was when they were looking at footage of Ghidorah with the cross in frame. Where the fuck were they getting that footage from, a copy of the movie?

ITS PURE NIP SHIT

THEIR RELIGION IS ALL ABOUT THIS, SHINTO IS ENTIRELY NATURE BASED AND PAGAN, THERES ALL KINDS OF ANIMAL GODS

GODZILLA IS THE LIZARD GOD, MOTH GOD, ETC
BASICALLY KILL ALL HUMANS, AND IF YOU GO BY ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION MOSTLY KILL THE 3RD WORLD :^)
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTALIST VIEW EVEN IF THEY WONT SAY IT OUTRIGHT

Attached: FUCK Tokyo.webm (700x290, 2.91M)

How many Godzilla films have you seen?

They have a fuckton of drones though.

>Seems like the audience disagrees.
Dude its not exactly doing well. No need to play the part of the retarded fanboy here.

They had the whole island under surveillance for Rodan

Oh come the fuck on, that was dumb and you know it. The cross shot was nice the first time, not seeing it THREE TIMES right after.

>fags on this board will still defend the fake shill ass "fan ratings" after this
I hate you all.

It fucking pissed me off how little Mothra was given to do.
>shows up in final fight
>literally does nothing substantial other than sting Rodan and die as she always does, this time giving goji a power up in the process
Her entire purpose in this was just to be subservient to Godzilla, when in the original Ghidorah movie it was literally the other way around. Mothra was the one actively trying to stop Ghidorah, and Godzilla and Rodan begrudgingly joined for the sake of stopping a greater threat. There was actual character play between the kaiju, and they actually did creative shit in the final battle.

Nothing creative happens in any of the fights in Kotm! It's all boring forgettable shit that has no weight or impact behind its movements!
Say what you will about g14, but the action in that one was actually well done and memorable. Nothing in Kotm ever feels as impactful as Godzilla slamming the shit out of the flying kaiju with his tail, creating a mini sonic boom as the smaller monster's body is completely shattered and falling apart.
NOTHING in Kotm is that visually cool.

Attached: IMG_20190526_174842.jpg (566x800, 235K)

>Godzilla 1
>GODZILLA
>G O J I R A
>First line of the review is literally "with just enough human drama"
Film critics are subhuman mentally-impotent faggots.

What's your problem? You said it didnt make sense that they had the footage but they had monitored all the areas with the titans, so what are you complainibg about?

It doesn't make sense that they had the footage, your explanation is dumb and an excuse for the laziness on display. Why in the holy fuck would Monarch put a big fucking cross in front of an observation camera that would block the view?

I liked the movie but that doesn't mean I'm going to suck off every fucking thing they chose to do in the film. That was a terrible visual decision.

Fuck off, I grew up watching these movies. G14 doesn't crack my top 5 but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Attached: D7ff6DMUIAA3g2b.png (566x800, 800K)

Yeah, that's pretty fucking standard for movies.

>that would block the view?
I mean, it doesn't really.

A retarded tripfag. What a surprise.

I mean, its right fucking there blocking the observation cameras from having an unobstructed view. But sure, it was a great decision for them to reuse that shot 3 times on the monitors. Sure dude, that's the hill you've decided to die on.

Disney Channel Original movies, maybe. Tell me the last time you saw a movie with three reused shots within 5 minutes.

RT is bought and paid for.

Attached: 1547815410265.jpg (705x705, 45K)

Some people have reported hearing something buzzing around in Ghidorah's head in the post-credits scene.

Yeah, flies.

Mothra's stinger and silk shooting as a moth was new and cool. Dont tell Mothra sticking Rodan was not epic.

Fire Godzilla blasting Ghidoah to nothing with his atomic pulse then eating his head isnt creative enough?

Or how about when he attacked Ghidorah like a fucking crocodile in Mexico then ripping off lefty with his jaws?

Only so many ways Godzilla can kill his enemies and he did so very brutally in this film.

Attached: JoebobWRONGO!.gif (480x360, 3.07M)

You seem to be really pissed about pretty much nothing. Maybe you wanna bitch about Emma's powerpoint presentation when she tells them the plan too? It's just silly Showa shit, you gotta roll with the movie. Leave your autism behind.

Fuck jooz@

saw this with my girl and she legit started looking around the theater for the flies
silly girls :)

It was one camera, they didn't place the cross there, it was in the way. Do you have autism? It was one shot and most of the shots weren't us seeing that through monarchs eyes but as the audience. The movie isn't perfect but you are focusing on this one shot that doesn't affect the movie in any way

I can't find the cam version. Two dudes on Yea Forums did.

Halp!

WB HAS MONEY

THEY MUST HAVE DONE TRACKING AND DECIDED TO CUT COSTS, NO RT BUYOFFS
AND NO 3D RELEASE FOR USA IMAX THOSE DISGRACEFUL MOTHERFUCKERS

I hope this actually turns out to be true.

>dude you have an issue with the movie? You're pissed!
Okay, by that logic you're a drooling retard who has no standards.

And yes, Emma's powerpoint presetnation was retarded. The problem with that scene was that in addition to being retarded, it was slow as shit and dull as hell. There was nothing visually interesting about it, no fun dialogue, no silliness at all. The best fucking line is "That bitch" and that's like 5 minutes into the fucking scene.

Should have made it a straight broadcast from Emma, not a back and forth video chat. Would have cut the movie's bloated running time down.

Attached: 1559425586714.png (750x400, 130K)

>post credit scene

so its literally capeshit now?

He's the guy who was convinced that Captain Marvel was a secret flop, lmao

It was actually four shots because they reused it three times.

Attached: wolfy being a retard.png (840x200, 61K)

>Fire Godzilla blasting Ghidoah to nothing with his atomic pulse
You mean the same nuclear pulse shit Godzilla's been doing since the Heisei movies? It had about as much impact for me here as it did in those movies

>Or how about when he attacked Ghidorah like a fucking crocodile in Mexico then ripping off lefty with his jaws?
What about this is creative exactly? Ghidorah getting a head ripped off isn't something new. And given the fact that 30 second fight was in water, an element that already lessens impact to begin with, it certainly didn't feel gratifying at all to me.

I'll give you the last Ghidorah death, that was alright.

Attached: IMG_20190526_174828.jpg (566x800, 318K)

Thank you. Talking about subverting expectations, but killing off the only character I was invested in who had experienced most of the island single handed was so stupid.

Different times. The cast has to be at least half female AND half brown now instead of just one or the other

>watching cams
Jesus, just wait a few months for the blu ray rips if you're going to be cheap. How anyone can stomach a cam rip is beyond me.

Attached: absolute.jpg (854x859, 176K)

WB literally repeating their mistake with DC. Godzilla vs Kong is going to be the Monsterverse' Justice League.

(((Godzilla)))

>Mothra's stinger and silk shooting as a moth was new and cool.
HEAVILY disagree here.
As a matter of fact my autism flared up extremely at adult Mothra still using silk as a weapon. The larvae uses the silk to make the coccoon, in the original Mothra vs Godzilla the twin larvae just happened to use it as an attack. Which was creative at the time, in KotM it felt extremely uncreative to have adult mothra keep using something the larvae does
Where was the pollen dust attack? The needle shit GMK Mothra used? The lightray attacks all the viral marketing for kotm was hinting at up until release?
NOTHING Mothra did fight-wise was neat or interesting to me, the stinger just felt blatantly lazy. "Uuhh we gotta give the moth one an attack, lets give her a stinger insects have that right?"

This isnt even getting into all the other wasted potential revolving around Mothra in this movie. The design is at least great

Attached: b95b3a0daf88b2a191e40de4abc35911.jpg (712x1076, 133K)

I haven't seen the film yet but I think it's just a general disconnect between what fans consider a good Godzilla film and what critics deem a good film.

It you look at RT scores for most Godzilla films, they ain't good.

I was kind of hoping she'd use her wings and a flash of light to scare the shit out of Rodan. Godzilla's eyes being on the wings was a nice touch that wasn't really touched upon at all.

Attached: 1559283443642.jpg (1024x1024, 215K)

>On the Human side of the movie (2/3rds of it)
Every non-Asian actor is either retarded or Evil.
The Science Mom is cartoonishly Evil, willing to kill billions "for my dead child" for environmental raisins. Hires Dance's character, who murders people needlessly left and right to build villain cred, then plays the bitch to the Daughterfu the rest of the film.
Daughterfu is aware her Mom is planning the revolt against Monarch, yet doesn't leave when her Dad offers her the chance, even though Mom's pals have murdered scores of people in cold blood.
>On the monster side (the other 1/3rd)
-Monsters lack the weight and power of the Pacific Rim creatures. Cars jumping? At one point Science Dad and crew are searching literally at the feet of raging Godzilla and Ghidorah, and you'd never know they were there except for the blaring noise.
-Kaiju are whatever size is best for a scene, changing up to 50%. Godzilla apparently floats knee high in deep ocean too.
- Ghidorah is such a retard that he drops Godzilla's near-dead carcass to chase after the same stupid signal that's been used on him twice.
-Mothra is Chinese now, with Chinese twins, which is fortunate because no Japanese survive the movie.
-They use a 3rd Muto stupidly, the other OC monsters are lame as fuck (or as Mutos)
-Godzilla has this "connection" with Science Dad, but apparently not with the thousands of other people who's family he stomped.

It's neither as good as Kong nor Pacific Rim at Kaiju fighting; the human elements are off-the-scale shitty. The Monster shit belonged in a movie with writing.

Attached: Ben Parker.jpg (259x195, 8K)

THESE ARE SUCH THEATER MOVIES ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY

NOBODYS HOME SETUP CAN EVEN COME CLOSE, SIGHT OR SOUND

ITS ALL A JOKE COMPARED TO IMAX, JUST DILUTING YOUR EXPERIENCE EVEN FOR A REWATCH

Attached: imax.jpg (637x425, 70K)

>Yea Forums thought there was going to be an expanded unviverse for Kaiju
Kong v Godzilla will be the end and make much more than this and do you know why ? Because Kong has actual recognition. You could throw every monster you can think of at Godzilla in one movie and they wouldn't equal even half a Kong. Nobody knows or cares about Mothra, Rodan or Gidorah and nobody will never see films about just them

I hate you all. I liked it. The way they set up each fight was badass. Yeah, the human characters were boring but I still cared more about them than in Godzilla 2014. Yeah, Rodan vs Ghidorah was disappointing. I wish they emphasized more of Mothra/Human connection since that's supposed to be one of her major features. Cinematography was absolute kino and the coloring was damn fantastic. It's not a perfect movie by any means but it's still one of the best movies of this year.

>Because Kong has actual recognition.
Yeah nobody knows who Godzilla is, you dense fuck.

Whereas G14's characters were boring, I just found most of KotM's to be either wasted potential or utterly obnoxious to sit through. Everybody's quipping, everybody's expositing at light speed, theres like 2 moments where the story slows down and we get brief glimpses of actual character and growth in them, then it's right back to "BAD DAY TO BE A RED SOX FAN" and "FORTUNE COOKIE HUEHUE".
Not to mention G14 was structured more as a classical disaster movie, meaning the characters were simplistic but the plot was putting them interesting situations(though in classical disaster movies this was usually complimented by charismatic acting, in G14 the protagonist is super dull)
KotM very much has modern blockbuster syndrome, everyone has to talk constantly, there has to be noise every millisecond lest the audience get bored by one silent moment. It's just dangling keys in front of the viewer, very loud jangling keys that you want to grab and silence forever.

Attached: IMG_20190526_174835.jpg (566x800, 262K)

The way you've been talking about it, you'd think part of the IMAX experience is getting a blowjob from a theater attendant.

That scene with Serizawa would have been fucking great if they cut it before the fortune cookie joke. What the fuck were they thinking?

So why did Skull Island make about the same amount that Godzilla did?

KINDA TRICKY WITH THE STADIUM SEATING AND THEY ACTUALLY HAVE IR CAMERAS WATCHING THE CROWD

BUT MOVIE WISE ITS PRETTY ANALOGOUS

>Oh My God Zilla
Fuck off. It deserves to die in a fire.

nowhere else in film do we get to view a giant moth
people know who the fuck mothra is even if they don't remember her name

You want to know the worst part of the movie? THEY FUCKING WENT TO ATLANTIS YET NOBODY MENTIONS IT IS ATLANTIS!!!

>AND THEY ACTUALLY HAVE IR CAMERAS WATCHING THE CROWD
for what purpose

IT NEEDS TO MAKE MONEY SO WE GET MORE

ITS TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH CAPESHIT, THE QUIP-GAP

Oh no one spooky line!
This guy had it right, this was way worse than any of the quips. It was pretty insulting but it's still a great movie.

Oh and the worst scene in the film? Aside from Mom's interminable Evil Retard Speech, it has to be when they are looking for Zilla's body.
Monarch has gigantic undersea bases, flying Carriers, and all this crazy tech, but uses a crappy Submarine with drones. The sub bumps on the ocean floor and this disables the torpedo tubes (?) setting up the need for Watanabe to take a one-man submersible on a sudoku mission to set off a nuke to rouse Godzilla. Zilla is sleeping in an ancient mega-temple somehow built on the floor of the ocean atop a radioactive pile by humans (it has human statues) with idiotic looking hieroglyphs. Dumbdedumbdumb.
At this point Leprechauns could have shown up to repair the sub and it wouldn't have been any more inexplicable.
Oh and the whole thing ends with a stupid as fuck quip from the Quip-Master Engineer guy who never fixes a fucking thing in the movie, he's just there to be a quip-slinging faggot.

GENERAL LIABILITY AND ASSORTED SHENANIGANS BUSTING

Attached: sexy-time-very-nice-.jpg (468x286, 106K)

They were thinking "uh oh this scene's getting pretty heavy! Better throw in a quick joke that undermines what was just said, we wouldnt want the audience to think they're not allowed to have a good time right??"

what is the appeal of those Godzilla/monster movies for you?

They make no comment about destroying it to save Godzilla, either. All that shit is lost forever.

I almost blew a damned gasket when I saw that shockwave destroy the entire city.

It's not even to save Godzilla, it's to speed his recovery. It gives him a power-up they hadn't forseen (that ends up nuking Boston), but otherwise it's to get him on his feet quick.

THE GIANT MONSTERS BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER ON A SCREEN THE SIZE OF A BUILDING WITH HIGH WATTAGE SUBWOOFERS PUNCHING YOU IN THE CHEST

ITS THE SIMPLE THINGS

Attached: farewell.jpg (500x602, 90K)

I didn't list Godzilla you moron. Give Rodan a movie and watch it struggle to make 100mil
No they don't. Nobody cares about these monsters.

My cousin grew up with the originals when he was a kid so he passed on that love to me. Same with Universal/Hammer monsters and late 50's sci movies such as the thing from another world and the day the earth stood still. It makes me have an emotional connection.

Exactly. For their own benefit they are destroying this ancient marvel in order to save themselves. Its essentially a final tribute to Godzilla. There should be some actual fucking weight to the scene (and there is, with Serizawa) but then you get that fucktard engineer rambling on about the stupidest shit and it undercuts everything. God, with a better script they could have really made some of the non-fight scenes have more impact.

i think i watched a bit of a Godzilla movie (that robot Godzilla appeared in that movie) I didn't know who i should root for

It's a number of things.
For one, on a surface level theres the gratification of seeing a bunch of city model sets get crushed and blown up by a guy wearing a monster suit. But you can enjoy literally any Godzilla movie that way, almost any of them at least.
On another level, I like seeing likeable or compelling characters get caught up in the conflict of giants, or even causing that conflict themselves. There's a lot of terrible G movies, but a number of them are actually pretty good, and a lot of the time it's because they bother to create a compelling story for the human characters, often a story that has themes tied cohesively with the conflict of the big monsters. The original Gojira from 1954, GMK, Mothra vs Godzilla(1964), and vs. Biollante are all good examples of this, imo.
And returning to that seemingly surface level enjoyment, I like appreciating the effort those Japs put into modeling those buildings, the character and personality they imbue those costumes, the music they create to go along with the monster drama.

Attached: 1559525643766.gif (500x213, 858K)

I honestly think those quips were added to the script at last second due to studio pressure. They feel that forced. It's like Joss Whedon touched the script.

I said they know.

>nobody in Monarch, the organization that studies ancient monsters, makes any fucking comment about lamenting the destruction of a recently (as in 10 minutes ago) discovered city of people who worshiped those monsters as gods

They spent more time talking about Fenway Stadium than they did about Atlantis.

>I didn't list Godzilla you moron.
Because it would ruin your retarded argument you're attempting to make. Godzilla is the headliner, the monsters are his costars. You're a total fucking faggot for even pretending like a Rodan movie is something that people are claiming would have been a blockbuster hit.

checked

Bullshit. There are several characters in the movie that serve little purposes aside from being "Adorkable" and "tension relieving", and at least 3 of them are obnoxiously annoying.
The Director is using them to lighten up the tone.
Which would be fine if they had better lines than "did you say Gonorrhea?"

Will Godzilla vs. King Kong vs. Ecks vs. Sever be a beter movie than KoftM?

If RT were "bought", wouldn't that affect the user score? Since the critic scores are based on reviews on other websites entirely?

It's always been kino, but now theres actually a reason to bring it up

>shit movies for retards needs to keep up with shit movies for retards

kys

Honestly, I am surprised the first godzilla got 75% from critics. Writing (especially dialogue) is just bad.

FUCK ALL THE PLEBS GIVE ME THE RODAN MOVIE

BUT TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU BASICALLY NEED TO TRICK THE STUDIO, AND IT WILL LIKELY BE THE LAST MOVIE IN THE SERIES

THE PREVIOUS MOVIE HAS TO SHOW A POTENTIAL MARKET BIG ENOUGH TO GREENLIGHT THE NEXT ONE
SO BUY THE GODDAMN TICKETS

NAME A BETTER SPECTACLE THAN GIANT MONSTER FIGHTS IN IMAX, PSEUD ARTHOUSE DIPSHIT

I loved it when it came out, my thoughts on it have mellowed a lot since then but I still consider it better than this new movie. On a technical filmmaking level and set piece level it's MUCH better than this trash

Attached: D7JnYs8VUAA-dqg.jpg (826x1200, 95K)

SAGE
fuck manchildren kaijufags

You are also missing The Exorcist reference. In Atlantis a statue of Pazazu was there.

>hurf the building fall down so much better than marvel

Attached: 1518401347380.jpg (866x900, 124K)

Skull Island >Zilla 2014>Pacific Rim>KotM

THERE HE IS, THE TRYHARD RETARD

NAME YOUR TOP10 PSEUD LIST YOU FUCKING BRAINLET

MAKE SURE NONE OF THE TITLES ARE IN ENGLISH YOU JOKE OF A MORAN

The argument was that those others monsters are nothing. Just fodder for Godzilla. People will care when Godzilla fights Kong and then there's nowhere else to go after that because the other monsters have no appeal. You can't build a cinematic universe off of this

It's Rodan's entire schtick to be a jobber.

>The argument was that those others monsters are nothing.
Your argument is retarded and lacks evidence.

Godzilla 2 flopping is your evidence

Does Rodan even have a special attack that isn't trying to tackle someone while having no arms?

That's not because of lack of interest in the monsters you absolute fucking retard.

>yeah basically all of your complaints about the film are valid, but I liked it anyway and you should respect that

No. Suck a dick

Yeah. It's probably because it's a shit movie. You know how it could have made more money though? If it was Godzilla fighting King Kong

So if Godzilla V Kong flops, what are you going to say? "WELL ITS OBVIOUS THAT THERE'S NO INTEREST IN GODZILLA OR KING KONG!"

Fucking retard. You couldn't argue your way out of a paper sack.

Well, yeah. If it flops then there obviously isn't interest in them. Do you have special needs?

So 2014 doing well shows there is an audience interest in the MUTOs? Okay retard, fascinating discussion.

2014 coasted on brand recognition. Being a bad film followed by this, another terrible film with no names monsters is why this "Universe" failed. It only has two bankable names

there is more to a movie than the premise

Whatever it takes to justify your dumb as fuck "LOL NOBODY CARES ABOUT MOTHRA AND RODAN AND GHIDORAH, THIS IS PROOF" shit, retard.

But it's true. Calling me a retard wont change the fact that nobody cares about them. I'm sorry this upsets you

>black panther
>lady bird
>black klansman
>get out
>moonlight
Jesus fucking Christ get me out

>But it's true.
Then prove it, retard.

It could be a nuclear powered plane/midair refuel

Being in this much denial isn't healthy. Can a monster other than Godzilla or Kong, with a similar budget make a profit? Be honest with yourself

That's not proof, retard.

I CARE, DISPROVEN :^)

THE PROBLEM IS THE MASS MARKET ESPECIALLY IN THE WEST DOESNT CARE.. ENOUGH
FOR THE STUDIO TO DUMP 200MIL ON A RODAN MOVIE AND EXPECT A PROFIT

BUT THEY SHOULD FUCKING DO IT ANYWAY, CUS I WANT IT

they still have my qt asian waifu

So, no? If you only have two monsters how was this ever going to be a big expanded universe?

In the cinema all the little boys and their boomer dads were glued to the screen while some of the millenial bugmen went on social media.
The film was incredible. It was obviously made by Kaiju fans for Kaiju fans. Easily an A tier movie like Godzilla vs Biollante. S tier is reserved for classics like Shin Godzilla and 1984 Godzilla though.

Still not seeing proof, retard.

>*1954 Godzilla
Don't know where the 8 came from

All we have is a flop and you not even being able to pretend that people would see a movie that isn't Godzilla or Kong. You just keep pretending people care about Mothra. I'm sure that movie will be a smash hit

That's not proof, retard. I win, you lose.

'84 is great too, I'd put it up there. .

Shut up faggot

Congratulations user. This universe is still a failure

How hard is it flopping? We're not talking John Carter/Mars Needs Moms level, are we?

Attached: RUN.png (350x303, 45K)

Rodan's debut movie broke box office records for Sci-Fi movies though. Mothra has had several extxremely profitable movies without Godzilla.

No, nothing like that. It's just in a "break even at best" situation

It's made around 180 million worldwide on it's opening weekend. That's more than Aquaman.

>That's more than Aquaman.
Why lie to the guy? Aquaman'sChinese opening alone was 94mil and it's domestic aws also bigger. Did you forget that Aquaman opened in China first and nowhere else?

I haven't watched 84 yet. I will do though.

I, uh, may have just come to that realization while researching opening weekends. My bad. My hopes were pretty high for a moment

>Spent the last month and a half marathoning every movie in the series (including '98)
>Just finished Final Wars tonight, and just have '14, Shin, and Kong Skull Island left
>Can't watch KotM until next weekend, because I've been working, and I'm waiting to see it with some friends

What a journey it has been.

Attached: 11bq14.jpg (960x404, 40K)

Hope you enjoyed yourself, friend.

I tried that but stopped because I found myself hating every Godzilla made by the Nips accept the original. They should have left him dead from the oxygen bomb.

It's going to be like Alita, 300 to 400m worldwide.

It wouldn't have been much of a comparison anyway bro. Christmas movies (except Star Wars) open low and have great legs going all the way to February. Summer films typically make over a third of their final box office in the opening weekend. A better comparison would be Detective Pikachu. KOTM opened 9 mil more world wide so it should get past 400mil. Still it's looking to be a flop unless China goes nuts for it like they did for Venom