I might be preaching to the choir here, but this is the most pretentious movie i've ever seen...

i might be preaching to the choir here, but this is the most pretentious movie i've ever seen. watching aronofsky's interviews makes it even worse

Attached: 1557578309748.jpg (1920x2875, 828K)

why would you watch any movie with this whore in it

Aronofsky is a hack

Agreed
B-BUT MUH HAM FISTED ALLEGORY

Don't you just hate it when you spend hours breaking down a movie or any other piece of media online, and then comes a year later you can't remember anything about it? Really need to start saving my Yea Forums posts.

Without a doubt but the performance is still worth watching. I enjoyed it.

javier bardem is great, overqualified for this script. lawrence is alright for what her character does i guess

the worst thing is the director talking about it in interviews as if it was the smartest thing he's thought about

I was kind of liked it at first when I thought it was meant to be cryptic, but seeing his interviews where he explains everything made me really dislike it. The whole thing makes no sense if you follow his intentions.

How? If they're doing an allegory for the Bible, it can't not be "pretentious"

Everything Aronofsky has ever made is pretentious, indulgent crap. He is peak faux intellectualism. He was the poster child for onions before it was even an insult

>the most pretentious movie
>Aronofsky

I believe The Fountain is still peak pretentious garbage

He went to shit, proof = Noah, but The Fountain was good.

fite me

You're not wrong.
Seeing this was a fucking cringy experience.
I'll say though it's the second most pretentious movie I've ever seen behind Upstream Color.

>this is the most pretentious movie i've ever seen.
have you seen melancholia

Actually could not believe what I was watching was a real movie. Pretentious doesn't even scratch the surface

I liked actually watching it, as in the actual craft of the film, but yeah it’s just an exercise in pointless extended metaphor

I thought it to teeter on pretentious before seeing mother but after, it's clear that he sees the two as of similar standing unless he's gripped by a serious cognitive dissonance

his opus really went downhill after he peaked with ass to ass

Nightmare kino if you watch it without thinking too much. Kind of like Dogville, but more watchable.

I don't care about the obvious allegory but Jennifer Lawrence simply cannot carry this movie. She's downright dreadful in this. Like an undergrad theatre student.

>hating Mother! and Upstream Color
We got ourselves a double nigger

Did anyone else find this movie unironically hilarious? I thought it was pretentious too but I don't think I've ever laughed so hard watching anything, the plot was just an afterthought to me.

Yeah, Javier Bardem is funny in this.

based

Attached: 1555650728111.jpg (799x234, 24K)

Any film that's point can be better expressed through just talking about the theme is a waste of fucking time. JLaw looking thicc though

Meh. It was alright. Certainly not his best but I've liked all his movies.

What did that film say that couldn't be written in a blog post though? I don't understand who this film was for or why Aronofsky needed to make it. I'm pretty sure I get it, I don't know why he wanted to make a film about it.

Everyone in this thread is a turbo autist. What's pretentious is people saying it’s pretentious and acting like it’s this great critique.

have sex

how is it pretentious? did aronofsky claim it was a great masterpiece? i do not recall him doing so.

Attached: 1555344036901.jpg (556x749, 119K)

Don't forget the fact that Aronofsky bought the rights for Perfect Blue just so he can rip off this scene from the anime.

Attached: 205425-Perfect-Blue-Aronofsky.jpg (620x290, 77K)