Explain pls

Explain pls

Attached: Screenshot_20190602-143055~2.png (674x397, 192K)

star wars had massive nostalgia/"THEY ARE IGNORING EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PREQUELS AND THIS TIME IT'LL BE RIGHT" hype behind it

but obviously endgame is 10x the film force awakens is

Why is everyone going on and on about Avatar when Avengers can't even beat Force Awakens?

Star Wars has been THE movie franchise for 40 years in America and it was the return of it after 10 years hiatus + holiday release.
Besides Endgame crushed TFA worldwide, so does it really matter.

Easy, Endgame is worse than The Force Awakens and it's bombing

TFA Awakens came out during the holidays, and the hype was through the roof.

I should know. The IMAX theater I went to was so crowded in the lobby the management had to organize a line to the theater

It crushed Star Wars everywhere except the place it matters most.

Just goes to show how America really is the world's culture.

This is the domestic chart though. Both Endgame and TFA beat Avatar there.

star wars also appeals to younger kids a little more than avengers as well as having 40+ years of nostalgia as said

it's beyond impressive what marvel has done in just 10 years time. it's funny, if prequels were actually fondly remembered and did really well, TFA wouldn't have done so well because of the _THIS_ time they got it right. but that hack jj overcorrected the course and just remade a new hope all over again. thankfully rian crashed the franchise with no survivors and IX won't even come close in numbers

Endgame is the most embarassing flop of the century

When did the shift in focus move from domestic box office to worldwide?

Surely these studios don't make nearly as much for their films overseas as they do here.

International box office grows every year while the domestic is stagnating. So even though studios take smaller percentage, it evens out when it's so much bigger.

Endgame made over 600M dollars from China alone

Disney inflates numbers

>America really is the world's culture
>Only produces capeshits and soiym propaganda
Europe is truly nothing compared to your mass produced “culture”.

I don't make the rules.

Europe blew it's soft power wad already.

TFA was released right before Christmas so it had a massive 2nd week (261m for TFA vs 186m for Endgame.) and overall Christmas/holiday legs to become the biggest domestic movie ever.

After the 2nd week TFA had already overcome Endgame's opening weekend margin which was like 100m above TFA's.

I agree that Endgame is better than Force Awakens, and probably any other Star Wars movie since the original trilogy, but I still think the Star Wars series is overall better than the MCU series. Infinity War and Endgame deserve credit mostly because they managed to pull the MCU together into something that's much greater than the sum of its parts.

If you want me to be honest, It's because the Force Awakens meant the return of Star Wars. It was also shorter and a near copy of a New Hope. You can shit on it being a copy but being a copy of a good movie means it's still a good movie. End Game is 3 hours and for a movie about fanservice and a conclusion, It's lacking in both departments for the third act.

Around 2006. Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3 were pushed by disney in other markets and did very well. Transformers really did well too. Studios were pushing more and more for the foreign market, and did so right before Avatar came out really setting that movie up to win big. I think you'd be hard pressed to find movies before 2007 relying on the world wide gross.

good to know you seek approval from of chink overlords

Force Awakens overall wasn't a very good copy of New Hope. It had most of the same plot beats but it failed to connect them as effectively as New Hope did. Instill maintain that the most important sequence of Star Wars as a whole was the part about Luke simply living his daily life on Tatooine because that's where the world of Star Wars really came to live. Rey scavenging for junk on... whatever planet she lived on wasn't the same. Force Awakens is by far the weakest of the new Star Wars movies and giving Abrams another chance might have been the worst decision Disney's made yet with the series.

Endgame had its flaws but it deserves a lot of credit for being as good as it is. I care about Star Wars way more than I care about Marvel but the two new Avengers movies give Star Wars a run for its money in terms of scale, ambition and creativity. The new Star Wars movies trivialise Star Wars where the new Avengers movies elevate the MCU.