ITT we laugh at FLOPZILLA

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: FFB84A49-DE5D-4C5C-BFA8-42D7AD83C4FF.png (2208x1242, 3.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/8cWft8dUoQngytSn3CmT1A==/page/2/
vocaroo.com/i/s0xNaYsPQsFj
comingsoon.net/movies/news/1072397-godzilla-is-king-of-the-box-office-with-179-million-worldwide
twitter.com/AnonBabble

should have put stuck a marvel logo on him or had him quipping or something. thats what sells

/m/anchildren BTFO

Since when is 49 million considered a flop?

Why do Americans even try to make a Godzilla film? Godzilla was created by the nuclear bomb wastes of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Godzilla is a representation of those disasters. Why the fuck do Americans think it’s going to transition to the west smoothly?

Is it me or are there too many godzilla movies. There have been like fifteen in the past two years.

have sex, you virgin

This is what happens when you make a $200 sequel, five years later, to a film that only got a lukewarm response and has, at best, a niche fanbase.

Attached: 1298215233865.jpg (562x437, 39K)

Did you see the film? The humans did nothing but quip.
>It's going to be a bad day to be a Red Sox fan
>I read it in a fortune cookie
>"Oh my God", "Zilla"

They probably invested 249M

*$200 million sequel

>im obsessed with the taste of america's dick so much i'll just parrot lies if it shoves more yummy american flavored dick in my mouth

>even quips couldn't save this dumpster fire

Attached: 1293948436402.jpg (475x301, 38K)

I mean Godzilla quipping.
Maybe if he dabbed or mentioned Fortnite

This had like 250 million production+marketing budget. It needs like 450 million to even get even.
With a 180mil worldwide opening like that, and standard legs at the box office, resulting in 50% drops per week - it has next to no chance of even cracking 400mil.
It's guaranteed to be a loss of at least 50million for Legendary.
If GvK will be projected to do the same sort of """"business"""", Legendary might as well release it straight to video and file for bankruptcy.

I mean... you’re the one defending American dicks so much... just saying...

Audiences are over giant monsters wrecking shit and fighting each other. It's campy as fuck and has already been played out. Here's hoping capeshit is next

Leave kaiju movies to japs.

How is making fun of you for wanting to slurp them up defending them?

Shin reigns supreme again

Attached: 40458F2B-6A4A-4FD0-B11E-FA64C332EC6A.gif (500x200, 2.52M)

work on your reading comprehension, he wasn't doing that at all you fucking spaz

How long until Godzilla v Kong gets Joss Whedon rewrites?

oh fuck off with your spite. it's not a competition

The absolute fucking irony of your post m8

yes it is

Soiscum spent all their money on multiple endgame tickets, they’re too poor to watch basedzilla

>Hurr I'm going to completely ignore the development of Godzilla as a cross-culture icon over decades worth of social shifts and only refer to the original and a handful of others out of thirty films worth of thematic context.

This guy's got it, it's got a strong niche following that unfortunately can't keep up with the budget. I'd be down for downsizing budget in favor of less marketing and smaller scale action, as long as they don't sacrifice what they've already built up.

Has it opened to Japan yet? What do they think? Asia's gonna be the biggest market for this thing.

No they're not lmao, the last few generations have had nothing in this genre. Most people go to franchise action movies to see the big cool fight at the end.

I feel like this summer is too crowded with big budget movies

Honestly I'm content even if the movie bombs. We get a quadology of Hollywood budget Toho style Godzilla movies that feel like classics. I never thought I'd see something like this in my entire life. It's pure bliss.

Even if this movie and Godzilla Vs Kong bomb spectacularly, at the very least we could look forward to Toho going back to releasing yearly rubber costume films, and we will always have these movies to add to the collection of Godzilla films

As a Kaiju fan, I'm happy

Attached: download (25).jpg (228x221, 8K)

Disney wins again

Attached: PMglOq9.png (543x525, 189K)

based competition winner user

Wait, Aladdin had a 210 million opening and is doing fine.

Godzilla had a 180 million one. Why is that bad?

It doesn’t help that Endgame stole most of the hype (coupled with the campaign to make sure it beats Avatar) and the nostalgia of Aladdin.

The fact that WB decided that to release THREE of their biggest movies close to Endgame just shows how incompetent they are. Part of why Aquaman was a success was that it had no competition (except maybe Bumblebee).

>that Aladdin ratio

>Kaiju fan

laugh at this stupid fucking cuck

holy shit faggot

It’s honestly sad to see Warner Bros in the state they are in.

As a kid, I’d see that WB logo and it represented the idea that something quality was about to be on the screen. One of the oldest and most beloved film studios with countless classics. The animation department in the 90s was tremendous. I can remember loving looney tunes and the Dini/Timm DC comics cartoons. There was even a Warner Bros store in my local mall, had a looney tunes rocketship in it and I’d beg my mom to take me to that store every time we’d go to the mall.

And somewhere along the line, everything just turned to shit. It’s really depressing.

OUTTA MY WAY YOU FLOPPING FUCKIN SHIT

Attached: captain-marvel-brie-larson-1280_0.jpg (970x546, 97K)

That is a nice and very positive attitude, user. That is a good way to look at things.

Everyone who paid money to see Aladdin is a threat to humankind.

No

Attached: mothra-1559345451470_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Legendary produced this movie. Warner is just the distributor

based retarded yuropoor

The anime movies are better

Attached: godzilla-anime-posters.jpg (1200x566, 201K)

>>"Oh my God", "Zilla"
Straight out of the 98 movie. Glad it bombed.

Same. End it with Godzilla, Kong, Rodan and Mothra Jr teaming up against Destroyah with NO human interruptions and we have a satisfying conclusion to the Monsterverse.

INCELS BTFO AGAIN

Mortal Kombat will save WB

Attached: 1458057258022.png (500x282, 62K)

Are they good at all? I only hear bad things but the aesthetic interests me

>when even an insect is a better actress than you

>With NO human interactions
Yikes

>Love Godzilla
>Hate Hollywood
Feels kind of bad, but not really.

Attached: bimbo.png (883x611, 560K)

I wouldn't bet on Godzilla vs. Kong coming out.
The movie ain't done yet. They only just finished the principal photography, if this bombs as hard as it looks like it will, and they'll get similar internal projections for the next movie - they might as well cancel it before they get into expensive post production. Cut their loses and quit while ahead - no point in losing another 50-150 million.

I don't really like the industry machine either but Hollywood is where 99.9% of funding for pretty much all movies on earth comes from.

Shin was boring and sucky. The theme of the movie was politics. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

When isn't it you stupid fuck? Shazam and Detective Pikachu are flops and they had a $50 million opening

That's not how Hollywood works. GvK is absolutely coming out.

They have even more human scenes than KotM and is somehow more boring than all American Godzilla films.

Shazam has significantly smaller budget than both of these movies, so it was fine for it.

>american godzilla

Attached: 1555552747007.jpg (886x882, 391K)

Kong is happening.
It's gonna break $1 billion.
MonsterVerse for next decade: mechagodzilla, destroyah, gigan, biolante, anguirus

That's not how the industry works

If they stop now and don't release any movie at all, they will lose all of the money already invested. If they finish it and release it, even if they make back their exact budget they won't be losing money. Worst case scenario they will cheap out on the advertising budget.

Cmon user, this is common sense

They are good, the western fandom is autistic tho, and got themselves into tard rage, because there ain't monsters punching each other for half the runtime.
Godzilla is back to being a metaphor and the story is talky, but it's honestly very well written and directed, if not exactly original nor ground breaking at any point.
Just approach it as you would a general sci-fi, instead of a monster bash.

That is...... not how movies work, user.

They've been like this for a fucking decade

Get the fuck over it already

Perhaps they just need more shaved negresses barking orders to 50 year old virgins who give shitty 1 liners like "gonorrhea".

Attached: 1518946802432.png (935x935, 1.38M)

I mean, KotM had relatively high monster to human ratio for most Godzilla films, so that's not saying a lot

As long as it's got more Godzilla than the Showa era Godzilla movies I'll be fine

>"Oh my God", "Zilla"
I seriously hope this fucking flops and kills all American Godzilla movies.

Yea Forums.
You could not live with your own failure.

Attached: 9F19E5A4-6E1A-4F53-9165-B7533706D35A.jpg (1440x596, 115K)

Legendary Godzilla actually American + Japanese Godzilla.

Idc honestly, it was a good movie

OH MY GODzilla

Attached: 1551054249081.jpg (193x245, 10K)

>If they finish it and release it, even if they make back their exact budget they won't be losing money.
That's the point, at this point KOTM has a snowballs chance in hell of making it into black, there's every indication that GvK will face the same uphill struggle. While outright cancellation might have been a hyperbole on my part, a straight-to-video release wouldn't surprise me.

The last movie is such a letdown, i watched the first two because they sorta interested me but holy shit that final movie. Get ready to see godzilla literally not move the entire film

Yeah, but at this point looking at how things are now, it's going to have no hype. Morbid curiosity at best, but like one user here said, might as well make it direct-to-video or however it's called.

No if you're expecting a normal kaiju and Godzilla movies. They are great reimaginings with etheral/alien themes.

Because a lot of asian markets made up most of Godzilla's box office and the studio gets a low fraction of the box office from those international asian markets especially since Godzilla wasn't a coproduction for China this time. Aladdin had a good domestic opening so the studio gets more money from that.

I think you are underestimating how easy it is to make a movies money back.

>let's be happy that a movie, that's not disney for a change, is flopping.

Attached: 9a9665af84.gif (500x281, 998K)

it's bad enough when they try to make men look intimidating with this tired, overused, cliched grimace. with a woman it makes her look like she's angry because she gained weight or she is about to yell at the class to stop talking.

Again.. none of that is happening. GvK will have a proper theatrical release regardless of what happens to KoTM. You don't release a movie with big scale CGI like this straight to video. That's just retarded.

>Taking your little kid to see a funny musical makes you a threat to humanity
Jesus, get out of the basement.

Attached: 1491529389433.gif (255x255, 522K)

You think anyone here knows how TV and film works?

Attached: 1552406544828.jpg (720x480, 154K)

That's what you get when hire a nobody fpr director

Attached: Michael Dougherty.jpg (621x284, 46K)

Lmao. Thats not how it works you fucking retard

The user who daily spams x days before Godzilla has probably killed himself

>b-b-but DIZNEE BAD!!
do you r ees realize how pathetic you are?

Damn this is fucking depressing. It really looked like we were entering a resurgence of Japanese inspired giant monster movies, done in western special effects that made then move and fight in ways we only imagined beyond the rubber suits of the past. Even though the reception to G14 was mixed, there was plenty of positive buzz based on them making a faithful Godzilla design alone, and Pacfic Rim showed us how fun these movies can be in the modern movie age.

The Russo Brothers were directing Community episodes before they got in the MCU. Being nobody isn't really the problem

As another user said, they just finished shooting, none of the post is done, and that includes cgi, editing, soundtrack and sound design etc.
It would be ridiculous if they doubled down, knowing it's futile.

What a fucking resume

>ITT: assmad kaijufags

Just admit you're fucking freaks who never grew up and the rest of the world did

All of the Godzilla fans are all about it though

yes lmao lets just watch movies produced by disney from now one!!!

>It really looked like we were entering a resurgence of Japanese inspired giant monster movies
No, no it never looked liked that. You're being dumb.

Do you want to know the real reason it is flopping? China won't watch it because they know Ghidorah was originally created as an allegory for them. They have no interest in watching what they consider propaganda about Japan beating up China.

Godzilla vs Kong looks promising too

Attached: Adam Wingard.jpg (635x653, 99K)

Truly a cursed image. Holy shit Yea Forums how can you get 4/4 wrong?

I never watched these as a kid, but the way I see it, kaiju is pretty much capeshit but without the pretense of being anything more than that.

Again you fucking retard THEY. ALREADY. MADE. THE. MOVIE.

This same shit happened with DC and it's still happening WB counted their chickens before they hatched and now their stuck with 2 dead universe that have movies already made

Attached: D70i9GuXoAE0RjP.jpg (1347x1144, 195K)

>a $200 sequel
dude it cost millions. I don't even think movies like REC were made for 200 dollars.

>"b-but it was to kill the mouse"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1435362990679.jpg (308x337, 22K)

Disney has had the #1 movie for 5 years in a row now. They are already dominating hard

The logical thing a studio would do is probably cut the budget, reassess the situation, maybe make the movie shorter but not go panic mode yet. At least until they see the cut and test screen it to test audiences.

>got in the MCU

lol like it takes any talent to shit out superhero movies

Attached: laughingelfman_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

stop replying to yourself

>3 posts supporting the movies
>51 posts from the disney shill jerking off or larping

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/8cWft8dUoQngytSn3CmT1A==/page/2/

really makes you think

Technically 5/5

>THEY. ALREADY. MADE. THE. MOVIE.
Define made? Is the final version done?
They finished all the CGI and pay all the subcontractors? If not, they need to STOP THAT SHIT ASAP. Gozilla is a sinking ship.

They just finished on-location shooting. They didn't yet bite down into the truly expensive shit.

>leaving movie
>group of friends in front of me
>"Why'd we see a Godzilla movie again?"

Attached: 1553880687103.jpg (480x910, 22K)

>defending a multibillion dollar corp

Shazam bombed

you do realize movie accounting is complete bullshit, right?

>now their stuck with 2 dead universe that have movies already made
To be fair, the Monsterverse was likely going to end after GvK anyways. The contract between Legendary and Toho is set to expire after that movie releases.

Only reason I haven't seen it because I have no money. Had to pay my June rent early because I got paid three times in May. I get paid again on June 13, but they file evictions on the 10th.

Attached: jerry.jpg (800x450, 62K)

>They didn't finish CGI and editing
>They only did principle photography
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Yeah that shit is never coming out now. King of the FLOPS has doomed the franchise. Good fucking riddance.

Attached: 1555982719342.jpg (1080x937, 123K)

>OH NO..! THERE GOES YOUR FRANCHISE!
> GO GO FLOPZILLA!
Lmao'ing at all the delusional Kajucucks who though this shit would sell in XXI century.

>being a fan of anything
Fucking pathetic boys of S O Y
REAL MEN DESPISE EVERYTHING

godzilla FLOPPED?

OH MY GOD THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING, HOW COULD A SHITTY SCHLOCKY B-MOVIE ABOUT CGI MONSTERS FLOP?

Attached: soy.png (628x742, 36K)

imagine being happy about that...
disgusting mousecuck.

I don’t like Godzilla either so don’t bother insulting me about it

They're all multibillion dollar corp, dumbass.

We like that we nuked the japs, don't you understand that?
It's fucking radical.

Am I the first one to point out that it's not how it works? I think I am.

>Implying talent is necessary for kaijushit.

True

They can always dump it on Netflix like Mowgli

Why do a bunch of nobodies base their self-esteem on some jewish shareholder getting more money so much?

Attached: dc567y2-c5236632-994d-471b-9436-754e288f1f13.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>Has it opened to Japan yet? What do they think? Asia's gonna be the biggest market for this thing.
There is no excitement for this in Japan. Its best hope is $29 million. About the same amount 2014 made and that money goes to Toho. The movie even opened a few million below expectations in China and Legendary only gets 40% of Chinese money. King of the Monsters will flop if it doesn't hold and the B+ cinemascore suggests it isn't going to hold well.

Its a giant lizzard who beats up other giant lizards, you pretentious twat.

My first post in the thread bud. I had a feeling they would all end up making less than expected, you niggas started this with Black Panther and I like to see Yea Forums's losing streak.

they should set this board's title title to "Yea Forums - Box Office"
Because thats all you autistic faggots talk about along with falseflagging as soibois, OH NO NO NO, and other dumb shit.

inb4 seething, cope, discord tranny

That's hilariously depressing. I also wanted more Godzilla films. I went to Godzilla 2014 alone just to see it.

Have sex

Well, it's not beating Avatar so it's as much a flop as Endgame

>studios don't cut their losses
If their projections says they will lose more then they will gain, why wouldn't they cut losses? You don't make sense.

Have children.

>and that's a good thing!

Why couldn't they just hire some competent writers?

>it's the retarded user
KEK

Based

Attached: mk11-frost-900x506.jpg (900x506, 50K)

2014 Godzilla was competent.

>good writing = box office returns
The most delusional post on Yea Forums.

Same, people are going to look back on the Monsterverse quadology as welcome additions to the long running Godzilla series and it will be remembered as that time America got Godzilla right.

>Burka Kombat saving anything
No

I don't care about box office. I just wanted a good movie.

cringe

>Opens lower than Shazam and Detective Pikachu
>Both those films had to compete with Endgame
What went wrong?

>hes an incel MK11 circlejerker

Theres no Burquas, Have sex

>They can always dump it on Netflix
That's probably for the best.

>just wait godzilla vs kong is the real money maker!!!

if normies barely cared about the first 3 monsterverse movies why would they care about the 4th?

Humanity deserves to be destroyed at this rate.

I dunno, man. Normies barely gave a fuck about the first Captain America, Hulk and Thor but they still saw Avengeers

That's the truth nobody ever mentions. The first three or four movies of a cinematic Universe almost always flop, including Marvel's

Should’ve delayed the release another 2 weeks. SEAniggers like Malaysians and Indonesians are too busy going back to their villages visiting relatives to watch Godzilla in cinemas. Malaysians were one of the biggest ticket buyers of Bayformer and Alita. Godzilla would be right up their alley in terms of taste

>Godzilla 2014 was not all that well-received
>5 years was a long time to make a follow up to a film with a lukewarm reception
>Word of mouth isn't very positive. The inflated Thursday numbers and meh cinemascore is proof. Fans flooded RT. The score is already slowly dropping there as more non-fans get a chance to see it.

>Part of why Aquaman was a success was that it had no competition (except maybe Bumblebee).
And because it was released during December.

Funny the denial you retards live in

This is more like DC and everyone knows how many people showed up for Justice League

The movie all together was about 270 million including marketing. If it doesn’t have a huge drop it should break even

>"reeee they didn't liked my monster movie mommy they're bullies waaaaah humanity needs to die because people are not watching the garbage i like waaaah waaaah"

kys faggot

This. Based user

Fuck off fag.

>If it doesn’t have a huge drop it should break even
Just a quick reminder that people were predicting $230 million worldwide before Friday

Attached: 1386305164772.gif (178x179, 2.99M)

It fucking sucked.

keep coping, kaiju cuck, go watch your failure 100 times maybe it'll break even

Attached: 1497103044275.png (667x615, 603K)

fuck this design and fuck you

Attached: bigyellowmoth-2-large.jpg (1100x612, 158K)

At this point I'm actually pretty glad this will all end with GvK, and it's coming out next year to boot. All I want now is a satisfying conclusion.

You know that studios don't get 100% of the gross?
Domestic follows a sliding scale, and overseas - they need to pay off local distributors.
General rule of thumb is that you need to double your total budget to break even.

Killing Cranston's character 30 minutes in was a mistake.

With the failure of KING OF THE MONSTERS, Warner Bros is in panic mode: can you blame them? With GODZILLA VS KONG slated for next summer the studio has two choices: give The Big Ape top-billing or a drastic reshoot, replacing 'Zilla with a different actor like Christopher Plummer.

This is true, I don’t understand all the faggot user replies

Denigration/appropriation of foreign products. If this was a massive success they can proudly claim they can do better than original (when foreign) creators.

>Run! it's FUROPUZIRA!

Attached: Gozirra.jpg (393x341, 18K)

>Liking Burka Kombat
Kys MKucks

Attached: 1439598174455.png (1920x1200, 2.35M)

When you make them watch dogshit movies with no soul or substance but just cheap rip-offs and celebrity cameos making (c)rap music, it's pretty fucking bad. This is no better than watching the Kardashians. Maybe show your kids the original or even take them to a pantomime with a good message and with better set production.

>funny musical
How old are you? You can't be any older than the age of 8. I hope you never reproduce.

Attached: 1470227941543.png (298x332, 109K)

A top executive at WB tells me: "The panic on the lot is not unlike the city of Tokyo fleeing a giant monster attack. GODZILLA VS KONG was designed to build on the success of GODZILLA 2 but the numbers this weekend flattened our hopes like Godzilla flattens buildings he steps on"

vocaroo.com/i/s0xNaYsPQsFj

Attached: 1440610557200.gif (282x282, 17K)

>Normies barely gave a fuck about the first Captain America, Hulk and Thor
Hulk was released like 3 weeks after IronMan and people were still sour about Ang Lee Hulk

Captain America concept wasn't so liked in some countries so the domestic run was stronger but international decent.

Sounds more like a comment from an article. Source?

Honestly, the bugesst problem is the time gap between Godzilla 2014 and it sequel, they should have released KotM back in 2017 and THEN Kong: Skull Island in 2019.

>Predicted to make a dismal 55 million for a tentpole blockbuster and can't even manage that.

Attached: 1452217815561.gif (400x332, 1.97M)

>Coming in literally 1 mil under projections
>Flopped omfglmaofam

>Krampus
>Trick Or Treat
Both of those good movies though.

>Releasing your movie in-between capeshit #2124 and Disney remake #1123
Fucking retards. Should have held it for right before capeshit #2125

Are you pretending to be dumb?

>Horror
>Good

Either bait or underage

>no stinklines

Attached: 1559384360392.jpg (1440x960, 602K)

There's about 560 billion other things you could be doing than sitting in dark room and hoping they stay quiet for 2 hours.

Their biggest mistake was opening against the new De Palma.

Attached: 1546566487623.jpg (682x1000, 145K)

>Audiences are over giant monsters wrecking shit
All I wanted was a true cloverfield sequel.

>This is more like DC
It's not since the lowest box office for DC before Justice League was MoS which made more than all the film I listed

>Already teased Mecha King Ghidora in the post credits

GvK will end with a setup to Godzilla 3 but it won't matter to me cause this iteration of Godzilla is almost as bad as the early 2000s one

Why does this place turn into a more retarded /biz/ whenever a movie is released?

That guy just broke his neck

The projections were already shit

Seriously tho, where are the camrips?
Movie's out for three days already, is it so shit that no chink even bothered to record it?

I'm not saying the movie's good, but in what world is watching a two hour movie about a genie a "threat to humanity"?
>funny musical
To a kid, yeah, it's a funny musical. If I had kids I'd show them the original but seeing the new one is harmless.

Attached: 1520648852974.gif (294x233, 886K)

there's tons of more productive things you could do with your kid
>take your kid to the park
>teach baseball
>teach basketball
>take fishing
>go to a museum
>go hiking

and that's just off the top of my head

If nothing else, is the majority consensus that these are great redesigns, and probably the best incarnations of each one yet?

Attached: Godzilla-Mothra-Ghidorah-Rodan.jpg (3264x1391, 1.39M)

This

defo for Rodan
arguably for KG
no fucking way for Mothra

>Coming in literally 1 mil under projections
You kinda missed a zero or two

Attached: 1559177379855.png (1274x662, 586K)

>Parents brought young kids to see Godzilla
>Can hear them talking just barely, mostly things about the movie or being excited for a Kaiju
>Slightly annoying but whatever
>Parents start yelling at them whenever they speak at top of their lungs
>Turn around as say something
>"Well we can't afford a babysitter so deal with it we have the right to see it too"
>Get up to complain
>Wife trips me and then pours her drink on me
>Call her a bitch
>Get out the door and tell Management
>They get thrown out, mom is screaming at her kids that they ruined this, kids crying, dad claims he is gonna beat me and my faggot family next time he sees me

it's because no one gives a shit about this movie enough to make a camrip

whats with the this tred of all the money must be make on day one? do they not realize people have lifes and sometimes it takes one or two weeks to find time to watch a movie?

Attached: confuced (semen) demon lord.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Got what you deserved for going to see mindless lowest common denominator garbage

Opening weekend is the most important thing in a non december released movie, december movies have legs so their opening weekend doesn't really matter

>arguably for KG
This is the most kino looking Ghidorah yet imo...But, I can see someone saying he looks too much like a generic western dragon or something

Attached: item_0000012805_biv4mfqA_01__77110.1547016081.1280.1280.jpg (1200x772, 203K)

Honestly can’t rememeber a movie with worse trailers than godzilla.

Everything was either too dark to see or looked like shit and blasting shitty rap music doesn’t help

I'll take shit that never happened for $500, Alex.

>AMERICANS WANT TO SEE STRANGERS THINGS GIRL AND NOT MONSTERS FIGHTING!!

>whats with the this tred of all the money must be make on day one?
Studios make most of their money on opening weekend. Even more important during the summer when there's a lot of competition. The movie is going to get buried and forgotten.

This has to be the most retarded thing anyone could possibly say which is probably why it's/tv/'s go-to when one of their shit movies bomb

The big issue is that Ma and Rocketman are both coming in way over projection. I don't think the 230 would be hit either way but I'd think they would get 180ish if they didn't.

Hopefully they realize how badly they fucked up with the release date. I am interested to see how fucking mutilated Dark Phoenix gets

10/10 visuals and soundtrack
the fights were awesome

all the human interactions were garbage but the same is true for almost every other godzilla movie so i didnt expect anything here.

i was satisfied.

>thinking anyone will believe you have a wife

you get more money from Domestic than from International

Yeah this movie was trash. I get the Godzilla movies have always had an environmental thing, but the premise here was Jurassic Lost World-tier and the overall writing was fucking embarassing, Marvel-tier shit. So they took cues from everywhere except anything good and it resulted in shit. At least the Kaiju fights were alright, but they were still pretty trash.

There has never been a good godzilla movie. The first one was good in its day and thats it.
The rest of the series has the appeal of people fighting in silly costumes and being corny as fuck, that does not translate into a summer blockbuster.

How is it always such a surprise that changing the formula drastically from what made it popular in the first place (bad but sincere entertainment into grimdark serious story focused on the humans) results in failure?

Movigoers are too busy seeing Avangers for the 40th time so it can beat Avatar Boxoffice
And no, This isn't a joke.

Attached: 1556397257888.gif (320x352, 3.43M)

>As a kid, I’d see that WB logo and it represented the idea that something quality was about to be on the screen
Bullshit, kids don't give two fucks who makes a movie.

I gave it my money. I know kino when I see it.

>all those easter eggs and bits paying homage to the original
>these flew over every single normal fag’s head
Retards cant appreciate this movie properly. I bet they even got scared and confused when they called Ghidorah monster zero

Gatekeeping a capeshit tier flick

God damnit Yea Forums is gross

The Virgin Monster Zero vs The Chad Monster X

Stop posting this stupid pasta you fucking cuck

Yea Forums is never right and they always cheer for the contrarian choice that will obviously never do well

>Hopefully they realize how badly they fucked up with the release date
They couldn't have gotten a better release date. Aladdin should have been it's only real competition and Endgame has stalled now. Their real mistake was making a shitty movie

>being unironically a kaiserfag
worst ghidorah ever, dorats and anime worm included

That's bullshit. End game only made 10m this weekend. Where are all the other people? You can't blame Disney on this one.

I thought it was a hilarious hammy love letter to 90s action movies.

The main guy was fucking golden

Just a reminder this is proof how much power critics have.

>Critics kill their reviews cause the characters aren't diverse sexually unique PoCs saving the world from a white male
>Humans sux it was shit
>Movie flops

Better cater to the 2% or the sjws will knock 30% off your gross

No it's not, it's the sunk costs fallacy

That's bullshit, dude. Transformers had done well with bad critic scores.

>I saw thing I remember and clapped.
If your only bandaid for terrible characters and a shit script is eastereggs then your film deserves to flop kaijucuck.

KOTM has a more diverse cast of main characters than 99.9% of movies including Endgame.

>The future of the Monsterverse is in the hands of the same director who did Death Note and Blair Witch 3
Holy shit, we are fucked

Godzilla 2 had low projections a month before the first reviews dropped and the cast had plenty of diversity. Take that nonsense elsewhere.

They missed the black colonel and Martinez?

What are you talking about? Every good guy leading the military was either black or japanese.

>End game only made 10m this weekend.
7.8m It wont beat Avatar now The Kaijufags are scrambling for any excuse.
Then me why Shazam, literal white boys wish fulfillment, had better reviews than Captain Feminism?

>characters aren't diverse sexually unique PoCs saving the world from a white male
they literally were, though?

Your retarded. Most people see movies as an extravegent expense (cause they go to late shows and buy the XXXXXL popcorn combo)

Most people have seen Avengers, Aladdin and either Pikechu or John Wick in recent weeks, and the next capeshit is coming soon. Can't waste money on another movie that isn't a priority Disney/Marvelshit

Plus you have 4 movies earning close to 20mil plus, which is a lot

Godzilla got cucked by it's timing and the counterprogramming

Why is everyone getting their panties so wet over a passion project with genuine heart underperforming?

You're

>Paint by numbers ACTSHUUIN flick that is a sequel of a remake
>Passion

There is more passion in how I wipe my ass

Zillachads don't care about box office numbers

Because Yea Forums likes to see people and things fail. People we're excited for Godzilla and it flopped so now they gotta bathe in the misery of others to stave off the depression a look in the mirror brings

>passion project

oh yes, the monsterverse is a passion project, it's not some cash grab shit franchise trying to recreate what's hot on hollywood now

That isn't even the worst line:
>His name is King Ghidorah
>Did she say gonorrhea?

actual dialog from the movie

Is X-Plus going to make one of these? I've got the Shin Godzilla and it needs a friend.

Attached: KaijuAddicts-Xplus-Gigantic-Series-Shin-Godzilla-4th-Form-1.jpg (1200x1130, 210K)

Stage 2 detected

Attached: the 7 stages of kaijucucks.png (1200x901, 60K)

The next capeshit is three and half weeks away. If people wanted to see Godzilla, They would've.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they expecting a 50 million opening? 49 million is slightly below expectations but I don't see how it makes it enter flop territory.

They will when no one touches this dead franchise again

>Hire a director with passion for Godzilla
just cause its stuck in this umbrella term doesn't mean the director didn't give a shit

>G...G..zilla would have done well if it didn't open against literally anything
Yeah it was really foolish to open next to the Box Office juggernauts Rocketman and Ma. How could an iconic monster who is known world wide even stand a chance?

t. hasn't seen the film and knows nothing of Godzilla films outside of "big lizard kill building"

Attached: 1558706880821.png (1699x1920, 1.01M)

they were expecting a 50m to 60m opening, so whoops, it's worse than the predictions

because Mothra is fucking ugly

I WANNA FUGG MILLIE

Attached: cover-6.jpg (880x1178, 196K)

It's a pretty pain by numbers kaiju film.

The mouse and RT halted the hype

How much money would the opening weekend have needed to turn a profit?

Y-y-yeah who knows who Elton "literally who" John is

Y-Y-YEAH horror literally never does well especially one released in a huge horror drought with a lead actress normie like (yes we know you hate blacks but normies don't)

Because fanboy shills spammed this board for weeks with lies to drum up hype for the film, and its delicious to have their dreams shattered.

Biollante is the superior kaijufu.

Attached: Biollante.jpg (1917x1065, 627K)

100m+ would be considered a great success

Don't think so, as NECA came out and said they wouldn't make a LegendarhGhidorah figure. So far it looks like only SH Monsterarts is making it.

I saw the movie... IT SUCKED.

When are you and DC and the Alitafags gonna stop blaming Disney for Hollywood making shitty movies you bitter sad fag nigger?

What hype? It was projected for a low opening months ago. Nobody wanted to see this.

Why'd they make Godzilla so cheap looking in Shin? And everything looks like cheap miniatures

What makes you think that the 50 million prediction made them happy? They probably had a panic attack when they got the numbers.
This is a 200 million tentpole after all.

doesn't really matter too much, but the break even point is 450 to 575 depending on the source. The film was pretty expensive at an estimated 210 production budget so it needs to have major legs not to be a big loss hot on the heels of hellboy for the studio.

Is why it failed. If your going for the lowest demographic don't make it a 250 million film. Stick to cheap cgi and no name actors.

It really is pathetic watching you scramble like this. Every film has competition. If your big blockbuster can't compete with a cheap Blumhouse movie it deserves to fail

>"It's Disney's fault that my movie sucks"

Attached: 1539705958697.jpg (433x427, 86K)

>Scott Mendelson
>I cover the film industry.
Kikes are seriously slacking in the humor department, this meta shit is so tiresome. Call me when those fucking rats admit to controlling the world with a little sincerity.

>Passion project
>WB's trying to rip off the MCU but this time with another shitty remake of Godzilla

This is going to blow your tiny retard mind, but there was NEVER any hype

Attached: Screenshot_20190602-154044_YouTube.jpg (1080x821, 384K)

SEETHING

Attached: 1552798753191.png (293x324, 92K)

Whatever you say man I've only been following the industry for 12 years. Your "hating it cause I didn't like it or to get reactions on Yea Forums" is 100x more valuable than my knowledge.

>hot on the heels of hellboy for the studio
Everyday this board gets more and more retarded

If KOTM had a great opening, it would mean more screens for it and other recent films like DP or Aladdin and less for Endgame.
Now that Godzilla flopped, Endgame will lose less screens

Shame, XPlus are really the only Kaiju toys worth owning in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of the KotM Godzilla design but at least they're making one of those. Would love that Ghidora it's probably my favorite look for him.

Attached: catalog-xplus-gigantic-series-godzilla-2019-prototype-3.jpg (1000x996, 143K)

(Kike)

Whatever I enjoyed it

I sure hope you're not pretending KOTM's muh environmentalism was any better.

>rip off the MCU
To be fair Godzilla did the whole shared universe thing way before Marvel.

Why are these movies made by people who hold obvious contempt for them and can't take them seriously?

No one cares about boring as dirt movies from the 70s

You don't have knowledge. You have excuses

REEE my big monster movie is SERIOUS business no joke just serious grit

No, they're absolutely fucking miserable to sit through; especially the third one. Some interesting ideas though.

>cheap looking Godzilla
>miniatures
You're aware of the franchise of which you speak, yes? This had soul.

That shit actually made me angry. Hollywood writers should be shot in the streets. Still loved the film but holy fuck so much of the dialogue in the film could have been removed and make it even better.

didn't know he was still alive and also making movies. a pleasant surprise. i hope this one has split screens or ten minute giant set piece overheads.

Capekino wins again

user I think you just made a man himself today

Attached: 8b2e414c29dd81a74e35ffdacfa2a755aaea24921df9c583ea7ffd7904db714e.gif (322x181, 1.76M)

it wouldn't an issue if the jokes weren't complete shit

Attached: Emmerich Schadenfreude.jpg (750x625, 131K)

Movie goers are fed up with being preached to by SJW's and after going to see Endgame (which most people enjoyed) they simply cannot be bothered anymore.

Whoops kill*

Ow the edge

If you geuinely feel that way seek therapy or get admitted before you hurt yourself or others

Any chance the movie will at the bare minimum brake even or is it guaranteed to lose money now?

>Movie in 2019
>Not a SINGLE reference to Fortnite
Doomed from the start

Consider the franchise dead. Make sure to see Spiderman Far from Home

How is that possible with 200 million dollar budget. 70 million marketing ? Not a chance

With a budget of 200mil this is looking to be a flop. Sorry user. The good news is the next film has already been made

>all the samefags saying "that's not how movies work!"
kek

How is it even possible to still make big budget flops in the year 2019? Don't they have the formula perfected by now? No big budget movies should be flopping, much less the multiple prominent flops that happen every year like this.

What did he mean by this?

based retard

>seething so much you start to larp as a marvel shill

HAHAHAHAHAHAH you kaiju cucks are so pathetic

When is chink moot going to IP range ban these 3rd world countries?

>flopped only on burgermerica
>doing better than 2014 & kong internationally

so, mutts are prefer to watch a human, politics, and muh military pride: the movie featuring big lizard??
comingsoon.net/movies/news/1072397-godzilla-is-king-of-the-box-office-with-179-million-worldwide

>shitting on the King

Fuck you. He probably jobbed in this awful film too.

Kaijucucks are so pathetic. Just take the L.

it literally flopped everywhere, China is the only one saving it

Why the fuck was this in the film? I get that you want jokes but this was horrible. It's the equal of the worst jokes in capeshit.

Guaranteed to lose money. May even end up being the biggest bomb of the year.

t. retard

That's not Hellboy.

He's right though

I wouldn't call it the biggest bomb of the year, maybe the second biggest bomb

Ironic considering Ghidorah was originally created as an allegorical avatar of China for Godzilla (Japan) to kick the shit out of.

Dumbo, Aladdin, and Hellboy already bombed way harder. Hell, this might even do better than Shazam which wasn't a great success either.

Home streaming won.

I'm sad that this movie got savaged and is doing slightly worse than expected. Mike's obviously a fan and the kaiju points and the callbacks show it. It's just that they had five years and this turd of a script is what they had?

>an iconic monster who is known world wide
I don't like Elton John either but don't you think that's a bit harsh?

The audience doesn't have to take it seriously since there's no wrong way to enjoy something, but the creators absolutely should take it seriously. "I'm ironically making this movie about something I don't like" is the textbook definition of dishonest filmmaking. You can feel the insincerity when you watch it, as it informs everything from the script to the direction to the performances.

I hope you're alright, nigga.

stoop cucking cuck you cuck cuck cucking cuck cuck cuck!!!
cringe and bluepilled you tranny loving homo nigger sub 80 iq faggot