Whats your verdict on this now its had time to age?

Whats your verdict on this now its had time to age?

The best superman film of all time, and better than 90% of marvel.

Attached: p9259673_v_v8_an.jpg (960x1440, 213K)

One of the rare instances where I saw a film in the theatre more than once. Will forever be a classic.

I disagree with 90 per cent of marvel. I'd say 100

why do normies hate this movie so much?

Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dc

I liked it. I went to see it alongside World War Z, thought I'd love WWZ and hate MoS, ended up sleeping through most of WWZ and having a good time watching MoS.

Seriously god damn, World War Z was a fucking terrible movie. It's so terrible around the time it came out you could overhear normie boomer moms talking about how much they liked it. Boomer moms are not supposed to like zombie movies. If a boomer mom likes your zombie movie then it has failed as a movie.

Attached: 1538912122731s.jpg (124x124, 2K)

My favorite cape film.

Because Marvel is the mainstream - its pretty, colourful, has lots of nice jokes, and enjoy boring plot.

If DC don't get Zack Snyder to carry the rest of their films forward, they've made a huge mistake.

Whats our verdict on BvS boys?

>best Superman film of all time

Attached: 55AD4C24-4C12-4271-9700-47D96D5A8AF4.jpg (1200x800, 142K)

>favorite capeshit isn't blankman
pleb
also, checked

Attached: bm-poster.jpg (580x872, 128K)

>time to age
>made in 2013
you all snyderfags are such insufferable fucking brainlets

All these DCucks Hahahahaha

Attached: 1552863464916.jpg (291x344, 15K)

I hate superhero movies but even I have to admit that DC makes better films than Marvel, with all the Nolan Batman films and the Man of Steel film. Only .onions guzzling bugmen unironically enjoy anything written by Joss Wheddcuck.

Attached: 1544968433591.jpg (600x606, 36K)

I liked how it set the tone that every character motivation will be completely retarded and every "emotional" scene unintentionally funny in the DCEU. Although I admit I didn't realise that by then.

>

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

I don't see how that is even possible

It's surprisingly good.

>Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ebola>>>> dc

fixed.

It's a goddam masterpiece. I enjoy MoS more, but only because BvS has a lot more going on. MoS is streamlined whereas BvS does a lot more of the heavy lifting.

>Whats our verdict on BvS boys?
Capekino.

MoS is a dumb action movie that's well directed, not much more. But BvS has some substance to it aswell due to a better screenwriter.

Attached: bvs_poster_by_messypandasd9iwore.png (714x1100, 1.22M)

>I saw a film in the theatre more than once

cringe

The first two Superman movies are better but this one is still great and gets a lot of undeserved hate.

Wait a minute, isn't this the one where Superman gets bombarded by an Island of Kryptonite but still doesn't die?

the reasons why i enjoyed bvs was the fact it was the beginning of batfleck, i wonder how many more amazing fight scenes like the knightmare or the wharesehouse we could have witness if Snyder kept directing Batman, just imagine the potential I have hope in Robert pattinson, but i dont think reeves will be able to match snyders action scenes, not even the normies deny that the batman action scenes are amazing in bvs despite hating it so much
>tfw no deathstroke vs batfleck directed by snyder

No that's the gay one by Singer.

Why the Krytons stayed in their planet and die? They have fucking space ships... The dead of Superman's human dad is stupid. What is the point of Terraform Earth when Zod's crew could have rule humanity with their superpower. Its only took Zod like... few hours to control his power. Why all of Zod'crew stayed in Terraform machine instead of go out and use their power to destroy the plane attacks? Why there wasn't anyone guarding the other Terraform machine? Why didn't Superman try to take the fight with Zod out of Metropolis? The fight killed like thousands of people. This movie was made by a retard for retard audience. And the CGI also suck ass btw...

>That english
Marvelpajeet, I know you are incapable of sitting through a movie without quips and jokes every 2 mins and 16 million colors, let alone comprehend complex storyline and plots, but I will try to be reasonable with you
>Why the Krytons stayed in their planet and die? They have fucking space ships...
It shows right in the beginning that the lawmakers(who kryptonians look up to) are stubborn. It's the reason Zod wanted to take control. They did not want to abandon until it was too late.
>The dead of Superman's human dad is stupid
Not a valid criticism. So I counter by saying it wasn't stupid
>What is the point of Terraform Earth when Zod's crew could have rule humanity with their superpower.
Did you even watch the movie retard? At 1:50:56, it is clearly shown why Zod wanted to terraform:
Jor-El: Our people can coexist.
General Zod: So we can suffer through years of pain trying to adapt, like your son has?
>Its only took Zod like... few hours to control his power.
There is a reason why Zod is the leader of Kryptonian military
>Why there wasn't anyone guarding the other Terraform machine?
As is it clearly shown in the film, the world engine that landed on the ocean can guard itself.
> Why didn't Superman try to take the fight with Zod out of Metropolis? The fight killed like thousands of people.
Clark: Would you mind coming to that field over there so we won't kill innocent people even though that's exactly what you're trying to do?
Zod: Sure.
>This movie was made by a retard for retard audience.
You're right about one thing. This was made for retarded audience like yourself. And that's the only thing it they did wrong.
>And the CGI also suck ass btw
And now I'm 100% certain that you're a subhuman

Perfectly valid response.
Dont know how anyone could think his earth dads death was stupid.

Flawed. The promise it had was squandered by Zack "superheroes are ridiculous, Batman prison rape amirite?" Snyder. A better director could have set things on a different path.

Visuals were generally good to great. As a director opf photography Snyder would have worked wonders. Score was also great. Antje Traue was wasted as henchwoman #1 and should have been Wonder Woman.

I don't think anyone really hates it. There's just stuff that doesn't make sense.

Take the "...maybe?" scene. That could have been the best part of the movie, a father telling his son that from where he is, his son is the most important thing in the world and that as much as he wants his son to do the right thing and be a good man, he wants his son to be safe. Instead, because Snyder buys into Objectivist bullshit and the movie is a confused mess, it comes across as another instance of Clark being told "meh, fuck humans, you do you, invincible son."

I liked it however it would have been better if

Superman had black suit
Zod and crew did not wear Alien Space Jockey suits
Non and Faora - whou should have been named Ursa, had more screentime.
Zod should have survived .

Attached: 9a6eb8ed2a69bab384b8447529d7fe00[1].jpg (730x1095, 133K)

It makes complete sense. See it from Jonathan's perspective, you have an immature kid running around playing God. Imagine how terrifying it is. Clark can literally kill people by simply grabbing them. Imagine how terrifying that is as a parent. He's not saying it was wrong to help them. He's saying that as a kid, he can't really be going around doing that shit because he's still just a kid and kids are best not being walking nuclear bombs. Jonathan's fears were perfectly justified.

>Zod should have survived .
Yes. I like zack and all. But you're right. No matter how much I defend this movie, deep inside I kind of wanted an ending where Zod is alive. I mean I understand the motive behind his murder but with him alive DCEU could have profited so much. Like when superman dies in BVS, justice league seek help from Zod to fight against the greater threat, Darseid. Or Darkseid, when he fails to make superman his slave, enslaves zod with ALE.
But I guess it turned out okay since DCEU is now doomed and another JL movie is decades away from happening.

It's a competent movie with an uninteresting third act. Third act is half full of cliches and the other half is full of subversions that ruins the film rather than improve on it.

The best Dragonball Z movie ever.

Could have been good, but ruined by Snyder's pretentious wank.

No, I completely understand. But I think you've taken the wrong message there- Jonathan is explicitly worried that if Clark acts on his desire to help others, he'll put himself in situations where what he can do will become known and that will lead to interest in him, possibly up to government experimentation. Jonathan thinks it's good for Clark to want to help people, but he doesn't want to have Clark be in a position where he's not safe. He's struggling with parenting there- do you tell your kid who can literally save thousands not to do that when it's morally right for him to, or do you tell your son to stay safe? It's a hell of a burden to have and that "maybe" could have been really powerful.

Instead it becomes "fuck the normies," a line that Martha actually explicitly says in BvS. Because it's Snyder.

Saw this on the plane and was impressed - I don't even like capeshit that much.

Watching this in theaters must have been an experience.

Also Amy Adams looked great in this. Qt as fuck.

>Supes is stronger than the rest of the kryptonians thanks to decades of growing up in a richer atmosphere and absorbing energy from a stronger sun
>bad guys arrive and are as strong as superman, big bad takes a whiff of air and immediately gains lazer eyes, super hearing, etc.

Attached: 1543695846184.jpg (288x402, 76K)

>An alien who is unsure of his powers vs an alien of the same species who was bred to be a warrior

>Instead it becomes "fuck the normies," a line that Martha actually explicitly says in BvS
Again you misunderstand it. Martha is saying that Clark should do what makes him happy, not feel him obligated being stuck doing something that makes him miserable.

The same way a good parent doesn't force their kids to become doctors but rather gives them the option and tell them there is more to life than just that. You're a retard though.

>supes had already had his learning to fly, use lazer eyes, etc. segment earlier in the film
>you don't need a manual to punch shit with all your strength
>big bad still gained superpowers within seconds of inhaling regular earth air

>you don't need a manual to punch shit with all your strength
>what is martial arts

Attached: 2E337F5700000578-0-Ubelhor_said_Collin_has_been_his_most_dedicated_and_focused_clie-a-33_14469135052 (306x591, 46K)

I still don’t understand why we didn’t get Man Of Steel 2 before BVS

BvS is one of the best movies I've ever seen, easily the best movie inspired by comics.

Marvel doesn't even have good colors. Not sure where that came from...I guess compared to Snyder it is though

BvS is Man of Steel 2

It was overblown with too much stuff going on
It should have had a human antagonist
Zod and the rest are too much too soon for a first film

Snyder is too heavy handed and hits you with a sledgehammer of subtext

And very derivative too, from the Kryptonian armor looking like Higers space jockey to the terraformer looking like the AI drill in the Matrix sequels complete with tentacle claws protecting it

And then of course they fuckedup with BvS trying to scramble for the Marvel franchise money putting way too much in

If you wanted to do that there should have been a Batman movie released the same year as Man of Steel
And then you follow them up with a team up, not a stupid fight ripped out of context from an 80s graphic novel

>If you wanted to do that there should have been a Batman movie released the same year as Man of Steel
You do realize they had a Batman movie the year prior to that?

BvS depicted Bruce just fine. There was no point in him having an origin standalone because figuring out why Bruce is who he is now is part of the charm.

>it's morally correct
You know the entire arc of Supes in BvS is exploring how the 'moral' thing isn't a realistic expectation? Supes, as a moral being, saved the world from Zod and killed thousands. Supes, as a moral being, went to the Senate building and trapped dozens/hundreds with him. Supes' human father spends a scene explaining that when he was a child they saved their farm and accidentally washed away another farm, "horses drowned while I ate my hero cake". The theme here is that doing the right thing doesn't always have the best outcome or an outcome you wanted. Bruce has a line "the house treats luck like an insult", suggesting that the greater world doesn't appreciate ones fortune. The russian, somewhat ironically, explains "one mans luck is always his brothers misfortune", which quite LITERALLY explains the entire theme of Batman (the house, or his brother" vs Superman (a lucky man) in a single exchange. And the very beginning of the movie, the terrorist says to Lois Lane "ignorance isn't the same as innocence", making it very clear that Supes is in fact not innocent of causing harm to others even if he was ignorant of it. Superman is the cause of massive amounts of manslaughter. And this theme is also, admittedly barely, explored in Civil War, so it's not like audiences aren't regularly exposed to these types of themes. It's more like audiences have never experienced critical thinking and adages like "the path to hell is paved in good intentions" means nothing to them.

People legitimately did not understand this movie and that's why they think it's flawed.

NDamn Snydertard is fucking stupid.

Attached: 1460866381936.jpg (363x463, 125K)

It's pretty shit. Even ignoring the awful grading, or how obnoxious and frantic the camerawork is throughout the film (seriously, not only did it seem as if the camera operator had never heard of a steadicam but it looks as if they actually added additional shake and jitter in post, it's that bad), the film is just boring and doesn't offer much else but drawn out CGI fight sequences that tire anyone above the age of 12. I'm guessing those of you who adore it couldn't have been much older than that at the time of the film's release. I don't even understand how anyone today can say that the CGI holds up, particularly in the action sequences, when these sequences and bits of animation (the way they launch themselves into flight for instance) look like they came straight out of the cut-scenes of a mediocre video game. On a positive note, I will say that I think the film was very well cast all around, Cavill, Fishburne, Adams, Costner, and all, but unfortunately they could only do so much with such a horrible script. You can't sit there and listen to Shannon's delivery of "Either you die, or I die" and not feel secondhand embarrassment over such trite clichéd writing. And the film is full of such gems.
I have no problems with the fact so many of you liked it, but let's be honest with ourselves and call Man of Steel for what it is.

Amazing how people think the subtext is heavy handed when people still don't understand why Superman was troubled, why Batman was troubled, why "Martha" happened, etc. The subtext was not heavy handed, it was constant and layered but it never once literally explained itself to the audience.

People still don't understand the "Martha" scene, as if basic psychology being perpetually thrown at you every other Batman scene simply isn't enough to shout "BY THE WAY GUYS, BATMAN FEELS GUILTY ABOUT HIS MOM DYING".

Heavy handed is when Black Widow explains she feels like a monster because she's barren, out of no where. Heavy handed is when Neptune shouts "I just wanted my sister!" to Gamora after her dozenth attempt at murdering her, again out of no where. Heavy handed is when Ironman wants to fight Bucky for killing his mom when Ironman doesn't even mention his mom for 5 movies prior. Not to say everything Marvel does is poor, or that even all of these scenes are strictly bad, but at least BvS/MoS takes a subtle, protracted approach and also provides subtext to many angles of the same idea.

And don't reply with "DC wasn't protracted they didn't do it all in 20 movies like Marvel did" because that argument ignores the decades of cinema that managed to fulfill their narrative themes in a single fucking movie. Marvel is a fucking outlier, BvS/MoS adhere way more to proper cinema.

Am I alone in not liking the Reeve Superman films? Reeve and Kidder are well cast, but the plots are just meh. I also don't like Hackman as Luthor, he's too much of a joke. No real menace.

The problem with MoS is that it tries to do too much - it's actually 2 films stuck together.

the first half, with the flashbacks and origins moments are great. Write in a different antagonist, then end it the same way with the "welcome to the planet" line.

Then make zod the villain of the second film. By doing this you turn Superman killing someone into more of a twist, you earn that shock value more.